Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone rate the primochill Typhoon III?

Xtreme Member
    I have been reading this thread for way too long including Skinnees well executed review. I find the whole thing extremely intriguing but nowhere do I see any results of having a TIII in the system.
    What I am really wanting to see is some concrete numbers of temps before and after.
    I seem to spend a major part of my life tearing my system apart and putting it back together usually with the hope (too often unfounded) of gaining greater performance, lower temps or both.
    So someone please educate me as to the real benefit of breaking my system down one more time and installing two loops to the TIII. It sounds fun and the TIII is cool looking but what will it do for me?
    I presently have two triple rads and a D5 vario so I would only need a TIII, a bunch more tubing and a lot of hours with my trusty dremel.
    i7 920 DO 3850A849 @4410 under custom water.
    Asus P6T deluxe V2
    3X2gb Mushkin DDR3 1600 998691
    Sapphire 4870 1g
    Corsair Hx 850 psu
    2 G.Skill titan 128gb SSDs in RAID0 Data
    Intel X25-M OS drive
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by genec57 View Post
    I have been reading this thread for way too long including Skinnees well executed review. I find the whole thing extremely intriguing but nowhere do I see any results of having a TIII in the system.
    What I am really wanting to see is some concrete numbers of temps before and after.
    I seem to spend a major part of my life tearing my system apart and putting it back together usually with the hope (too often unfounded) of gaining greater performance, lower temps or both.
    So someone please educate me as to the real benefit of breaking my system down one more time and installing two loops to the TIII. It sounds fun and the TIII is cool looking but what will it do for me?
    I presently have two triple rads and a D5 vario so I would only need a TIII, a bunch more tubing and a lot of hours with my trusty dremel.

it will be nearly impossible to see a combination close to what you would be using. 10 different water block, 20 different cpus, >10 different gpu blocks, 5 different radiators, 10 different fans, and 3 different pump settings would all have to be tested to cover all the different combination to give the answer to 95% of the population.

or you can see how well your block does based on flow rate, and assume the T3 in parallel can increase its current flow by 10-20% (basically set the D5 to 3, see the temp, then set it to 4 and see the change, if you notice a change, you might benefit from the T3)

Xtreme Member
    The addition of the TyphoonIII in my system allowed me to slap two full cover 4890 blocks into my system and utilize 2 subloops, that was worth it to me even though my cpu temps didn't really change.
    My Rig
    :Case: HAF 932 :CPU: 3.8GHz HT off i7 920 Batch# 3841A573 21x200 :Mobo: Gigabyte UD5 :Memory: 3x6 Corsair Dominators 1600mHz :GPU: (2x) XFX HD5770 @ 960/1400
    Cooling
    :Pump+Res: Primochill TyphoonIII Res w/ D5 Pump :Subloop1: :Block: Swiftech GTZ :Radiator: MCR 120 + MCR320 :Subloop2: :Block: (2x) Stock Air 5770 Coolers :Radiator: MCR120
    MAX CPU LOAD: 63C (Hottest core)

Xtreme Guru
    Well there are a couple of posts out there on that. utnorris swapped out his dual loop for the T3 on parallel loops and saw no major effect to temps. The CPU stayed the same and it seemed the GPU dropped a degree.

Shazza posted some temps in her DD torture rack build log. She had her's set as one serial loop and saw temps go up a degree compared to her DDC w/XSPC top. Last I heard, she was working on turning her one loop into parallel loops and plans to post temps when done.

I got mine set up for a couple of hours (MB failed the next morning) and did a rad upgrade from a MCR220 to a MCR 320. I had rad on one loop and blocks on other. The temps were pretty nice. I will post more on my temps when I get it back the MB back and can get some more time on it.

So, in short, you probably won't see a major temp increase. The benefit would be a cleaner system if you are/thinking about running dual loops. Instead of having 2 pumps and res', you will only have one nicely mounted in 2 5 1/4" bays
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Shane did a whole bunch of flow rate testing you can use as an estimator to translate flow rate gains to thermal gains for many of the CPU blocks.

For cross reference, 1GPM = about 220LPH, 1.5GPM = about 330LPH

Xtreme Addict
    Some early pictures of the machined aluminum face plates from the factory (so not GREAT images sorry).

These are machined from a solid sheet of aluminum 1/2" thick. They will come in a polished aluminum, brushed anodized black, clear (silver) red and blue. There may also be a limited number of that teal anodize color. The Black and Clear/silver will match your typical Lian Li or Silverstone bay covers.

Brian from Primo tells me they will have a MSRP of $30 USD or less and that he will order at least 100 to see how they sell.

Those production samples will be here middle of next week and if all is well, expect them to be in retail about 2 weeks from there.

Xtreme Guru
    Might be counting me in for one of the black ones Gino.

Looking good.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Very nice. Those plates are tempting me to go back to D5 pumps.

Has anyone tried using this with a modified D5, specifically will it fit those shiny bitspower chrome bodies?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by m1013828 View Post
    Has anyone tried using this with a modified D5, specifically will it fit those shiny bitspower chrome bodies?
    I was looking into the bitspower kit for use with my DetroitAC top, but it seems that nut is part of the body, so unless you cut it off, it wouldn't work.

edit: You can always paint the pump though.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Might be counting me in for one of the black ones Gino.

Looking good.
    I'll be ordering a black one too, soon as I see them in stock

Question for Boxgods: how do they stay put, or connected to the T3?
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    I'll be ordering a black one too, soon as I see them in stock

Question for Boxgods: how do they stay put, or connected to the T3?
    Thought he said they were going to have some 3M tape.

Xtreme Addict
    yup. 1/6" thick 3M type foam double backed tape. Will stay put fine and you can remove them if you have too. Just have the goo gone handy =)

I am Xtreme
    The bees knees for modders . . .
    http://www.mnpctech.com/scotch_4010_...emod_gods.html

Peels of without residue
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Guru
    This mouse is freaking SICK!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNo4...layer_embedded

edit: little off topic there , seen that site before, but just seen that mouse.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, Bill can certainly throw down! Mouse is too purdy to touch lol.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Yeah, Bill can certainly throw down! Mouse is too purdy to touch lol.
    Yea, I found the build log for it, got me thinking now. I been looking at trading my G7 in for that new cordless Razer, might have to look into that one instead.
    Here is the build log for those wondering, maybe I should get back on topic now.

I blame it on DB.

http://www.casemodblog.com/?p=1128

Xtreme Addict
    Have you ever used a razor though? As nice as that looks, I can't use the mouse as its a claw style mouse. Might want to go to some store and see how one feels first. Defiantly an acquired taste.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Have you ever used a razor though? As nice as that looks, I can't use the mouse as its a claw style mouse. Might want to go to some store and see how one feels first. Defiantly an acquired taste.
    Bestbuy has that Razer Mamba now, so I checked it out last I was there. I was thinking the same thing, but it actually felt a little nicer than my G7. I'm waiting to see if the prices comes down a little and I heard there were a few issues in the software when it first got released, so been a little hesitant. Also the G7 is still working anyways.

Does anyone know how long it will be until the Typhoon is back in stock? Based on what I read here, it seems like an awesome res/pump mount.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    Does anyone know how long it will be until the Typhoon is back in stock? Based on what I read here, it seems like an awesome res/pump mount.
    Should be sometime next week. PPC is getting some too.

Xtreme Addict
    It looks like they are sending out 100 to 200 units a week. Last weeks shipment went to the EU which is why some North American retailers are OOS. Should be seeing inventory by about the end of the week I was told.

Thanks for the update, guys! I'll try to be patient.

Xtreme Addict
    I can confirm they did ship to Performance today. Should be there in Florida by Thursday the 13th (August). No idea how long till they get them into inventory though.

The machined aluminum face plate samples for T3 also shipped today. I will be sending the polished one directly to your Hotel for the Away Team mod DB. Will post pictures of the rest of the finishes by the end of the week likely.

Consider yourselves updated. =)

Xtreme Member
    GREAT, really looking forward to owning the black faceplate BOX.
    When will they ship to the EU?

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast