Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BloodRage Review & Testing Thread - Retail

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Trembledust View Post
    Ok I have the same g-skills sticks as you but Im having wierd results with oc'ing tmy 920 on the bloodrage. I went with a 190 Bclock, 20x multi on the core, 18x multi on QPI, 20x multi on Uncore, and a 10x multi with the ram (around 2300mhz). I did go light on the vcore volts (1.35v), and the uncore I had at +220mV with ram at 1.85v (this is per XMP profile enabled). With those settings my target core speed is suppose to be 3.8ghz but on post screen it shows me booting at like 3.2ghz (160 Bclock) with the ram at the default it seems 1067. I can boot into windows fine but cpu-z reports my clock speed at 3.5ghz?? and my ram at 1330mhz with 8 8 8 19 timings ??? Huh??? My ram is 1600mhz default with timings of 9 9 9 24.

I disabled xmp profile and dropped the ram volts to 1.65v, and dropped the multi on the ram to like a 6 or 8x multi giving me around 1504mhz. I kept Uncore at 20x multi. Rebooted. Same thing happened. Post is reporting 3.3ghz, and 1067mhz ram. CPU-Z reports 3.5ghz, and 1330mhz ram with the same 8 8 8 19. I even went back into bios and manually changed the timings but that didnt work.

Im running the g13 bios.

Help!!!
    That's pretty normal.
    It's called OC Recovery as in OverClock Recovery.
    When a overclocking fails to POST the motherboard goes back to the previously working settings or drops the settings to a POSTable set.

Your RAM CANNOT operate at DDR3-2300 no matter what, and especially with only 1.85V and those timings.

No offense buddy, but it looks like you're not experienced in overclocking, so I would suggest that you crawl these forums and read a few pages in the Core i7 overclocking guide.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    That's pretty normal.
    It's called OC Recovery as in OverClock Recovery.
    When a overclocking fails to POST the motherboard goes back to the previously working settings or drops the settings to a POSTable set.

Your RAM CANNOT operate at DDR3-2300 no matter what, and especially with only 1.85V and those timings.

No offense buddy, but it looks like you're not experienced in overclocking, so I would suggest that you crawl these forums and read a few pages in the Core i7 overclocking guide.

None taken @ offense. I have experience overclocking on Core 2 chips. Thats easy. Just getting used to the new architecture with the i7's.

I tried a ram setting of 1905mhz and still no go. Lil over 1500mhz. Same thing. Even went as low as 1105mhz(not the exact setting but close) and naddas. Now at 2300mhz I expect not to post. But that was with xmp profile enable. That has since been disabled. I thought if I see this board post with that mhz I would kiss it. Of course it didnt so that saved me some lip shock. But 1905 or even 1105mhz?!? If I cant post with those settings something is off. And for some reason even with xmp profile enabled or disabled the board likes to set my timings to 8 8 8 15. Thats pretty freaking tight for ddr3 I though but i'm lil new with DDR3 ram too but still. Didnt seem right even when the stock timings for the ram are 9 9 9 24.

I figured it was OC recovery kicking in but I never saw a board not go back to stock settings after an OC fail. I s/w one of my friends who has experience with Quantum Force boards (this is my first Quantum Force btw)and he indicated that thats normal for those boards to revert back to the last best oc settings. I have delt with Asus, Intel and one DFI board mostly and I never saw that feature. Another reason for liking the Bloodrage. Hooray! lol.

Same friend also mentioned I may need to up the volts on my core to say 1.4v. Thats what was throwing me off. All the forums, reviews, etc I read I was seeing the average vcore setting at no more then 1.35v. I did see a few higher vcore settings like yours and a few other posters but those were used to achieve 4ghz or better. Didnt think I needed to up the vcore that much to hit only 3.8ghz. I might have one of those chips that needs alotta volts to reach / exceed 3.8ghz. I'll give it a try in a min.

[/I]

Xtreme Member
    Grrr. Still nothing. Wonder if I got a bad chip. Its probably something sooo simple I am overlooking thats preventing me from clocking higher. Its really not that hard. I understand the theory of oc'ing with these chips, but equipment is telling me no soup for u. These are the settings I have tried. Following the >.05 rule with Uncore and Ram volts, and keeping mhz settings at a 2:1 or better ratio:

CPU Bclock = 190 (has gone as high as 210, and as low as 160.)
    QPI Link Fast Mode: Enabled
    QPI Multi: x18
    QPI Target: 3425mhz
    CPU Core Multi: x20 (tried attempts at dropping multi to as low as x17)
    CPU Core Target Speed: 3806mhz
    CPU Uncore Multi: x20
    CPU Uncore Target Speed: 3810mhz
    Mem Bus Multi: x10
    Mem Bus Target: 1905mhz
    CPU Skew: 0ps
    IOH Clock Skew: 0ps

Memory Settings:
    IMC Config: Enabled
    Channel Config: Independent
    Channel Interleaving: 6 way
    Rank Interleaving: 4 way
    Extreme Mem profile: Disable
    Memory Profile Select: N/A
    DRAM Timing Control: By SPD (did use 9 9 9 24 timings also with no luck. Per SPD board sets timings to 8 8 8 19)

Voltages
    CPU Core Voltage: +140mV (Tried up to 300mV with no luck)
    CPU Target Core: 1.31500
    CPU Vdroop Comp: Disabled (tried also enabled)
    CPU VTT (Uncore) Voltage:+100mV (tried as high as 280)
    1.80 PLL Vol: 1.800v
    CPU Clock Amp: 0.800v

Mem Volts
    Dramm Vol: 1.65v (tried as high as 1.85v but was real nervous bout that)
    Dimm1 Vref CA: x0.500
    Dimm1 Vref DQ: x0.496
    Dimm2 Vref CA: x0.500
    Dimm2 Vref DQ: x0.500
    Dimm3 Vref CA: x0.500
    Dimm3 Vref DQ: x0.500

Note: Hyperthreading was enabled in all attempts to oc. Highest oc that I have been able to post successfully is 3.5ghz.

I thought maybe it was the fact I was running three 2gb sticksl (g-skill DDR3 1600mhz (3x2gb kit) was hampering my oc but seen reviews running 6gbs in triple channel with no problems on this board at 4ghz with ram running at over 1600mhz. Ran memtest to see if I got some bad ram. Nope. All sticks passed. I'm running a retail 920 i7 chip on G-16 bios. I'll do some more tests but as for right now I'm stumped. I shouldnt be having problems per all I have read so far about these chips, and this board. I'm the only jerk that seems to be having problems hitting 3.7ghz or over with this set up, and i'm on water. Honestly other then my oc'ing issues the board is hot. I'd still recommend it as a purchase.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    @Trembledust:

Can you please tell me your system specs ?
    Motherboard BIOS Version in use [ G13 RECOMMENDED if not required, due to the bugs found in G15 and G16 ]
    CPU model
    RAM Model ( full model info please )

Gimme those and I'll give you a working configuration to hit 4GHz CPU at 200MHz BCLK and the RAM's at DDR3-2000

Edit: WTF didn't see your last post before.
    Flash to BIOS G13, and give me the full model of your RAM please.
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 01-15-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Xtreme Member
    @Trembledust:

Can you please tell me your system specs ?
    Motherboard BIOS Version in use [ G13 RECOMMENDED if not required, due to the bugs found in G15 and G16 ]
    CPU model
    RAM Model ( full model info please )

Gimme those and I'll give you a working configuration to hit 4GHz CPU at 200MHz BCLK and the RAM's at DDR3-2000

Edit: WTF didn't see your last post before.
    Flash to BIOS G13, and give me the full model of your RAM please.
    Here's the ram

http://newgskill.web-bi.net/bbs/view...d=g_ddr3&no=48

Its the 6gb kit.

Thanks for your help. I'll flash back to G13. I am soooo sorry if I am coming off as a pesty noob.

Xtreme Member
    Hmmm....im a jerk lol. Think my a** should of gotten 1333 or lower ram instead of 1600mhz. Would explain my oc issues with the ram. Duh. smh. Still would appreciate those settings when U get a chance, Bench. Thanks again.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Ok, I'm assuming that your RAM is using Samsung HCF8/0 or Elpida chips because of the voltage and the chips themselves, thus we're going to keep the voltage relatively low to make sure that we won't harm your chips.

Let's try hitting 200MHz BCLK now:

CPU Features
    PPM = Disabled
    EIST = Disabled ( automatically )
    CxE = Disabled ( automatically )
    Execute Disable Bit = Disabled
    Virtualization = Disabled
    Hyper Threading = Enabled
    Active Processor Cores = All

Memory Settings
    IMC Configuration = Enabled
    Channel Configuration = Independent
    Channel Interleaving = 6 way
    Rank Interleaving = 4 way
    DRAM Timing Control = Manual
    tCL = 9T
    tRCD = 9T
    tRP = 9T
    tRAS = 31T
    CR = 1T
    tRFC = 80T
    tWR = 9T
    tWTR = 15T
    tRRD = 7T
    tRTP = 9T

All voltage settings
    CPU Core Voltage = +120mV
    CPU Vdroop Compensation = Enabled
    CPU VTT ( UnCore ) Voltage = +440mV
    1.8V PLL Voltage = 1.856V
    CPU Clock Amplitude Ctrl = 0.900V
    DRAM Voltage = 2.00V
    DIMM1 Vref... DiMM3 Vref DQ = -.500 all
    X58 IOH Core Voltage = 1.24V
    X58 IOH VCCA 1.1V = 1.125V
    X58 IOH VCCA 1.5V = 1.530V
    ICH10 SB Voltage = 1.530V

Quantum BIOS
    System Turbo = Enabled
    CPU Bclock ( FSB ) = 200MHz
    QPI Link Fast Mode = Enabled
    QPI Multiplier = x18
    CPU Core Multiplier = x20
    CPU UnCore Multiplier = x20
    Memory BUS Multiplier = x10
    CPU Clock Skew = 0ps
    IOH Clock Skew = 0ps

Let me know how it went ( make sure you use the G13 BIOS with these settings )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

CPU Features
    PPM = Disabled

Memory Settings
    tCL = 9T
    tRCD = 9T
    tRP = 9T
    tRAS = 31T
    CR = 1T
    tRFC = 80T
    tWR = 9T
    tWTR = 15T
    tRRD = 7T
    tRTP = 9T

All voltage settings
    DRAM Voltage = 2.00V

Quantum BIOS
    System Turbo = Enabled
    QPI Multiplier = x18
    CPU Clock Skew = 0ps
    IOH Clock Skew = 0ps
    Thanks for the review and the help posted afterwards since I'm in a similar boat as Tremble. Okay, so would these be good in my system too? They seem fine and it looks like they are geared for 24/7 usage, right? I haven't overclocked systems in years and this new build is my first in a while and don't want to damage anything or shorten lifspan but it does seem to run slower than expected compared to an older pc I'm comparing it to and some wierd random issues, but that's expected for a new build just created. Here's my basic specs, all these are stock atm, but not seeming to actually be running even at stock speed so I included all the hardware:

Blood Rage x58 board
    G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
    Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE cooler
    PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts
    Dual GTX 260
    Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
    Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)

Plus any other suggestions I am open to to improve the system. Not looking to replace anything, just looking to optimize my build.
    Last edited by Eidos; 01-22-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: info

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos View Post
    Okay, so would these be good in my syste, too? I haven't overclocked systems in years and this new build is my first in a while and don't want to damage anything or shorten lifspan but it does seem to run slower than expected compared to an older pc I'm comparing it to and some wierd random issues, but that's expected for a new build just created. Here's my basic specs, all these are stock atm, but not seeming to actually be running even at stock speed so I included all the hardware:

Blood Rage x58 board
    G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
    Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE cooler
    PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts
    Dual GTX 260
    Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
    Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)

Plus any other suggestions I am open to to improve the system. Not looking to replace anything, just looking to optimize my build.
    That sounds like a beast of a build, good stuff! Make sure that you have CxE under CPU Features disabled in the BIOS. This feature makes it so when the computer is not under heavy load the CPU will throttle itself down to save energy. This might be why you are seeing a slower computer then you expected.
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!
    CPU Loop: MCP-655~Swiftech MCR-220~HEATKILLER® 3.0 LT
    GPU Loop: MCP-655~XSPC RS240~EK FC5870 Plexi+Nickel

Xtreme Member
    Ok, I'm assuming that your RAM is using Samsung HCF8/0 or Elpida chips because of the voltage and the chips themselves, thus we're going to keep the voltage relatively low to make sure that we won't harm your chips.

CPU Features
    PPM = Disabled

Memory Settings
    tCL = 9T
    tRCD = 9T
    tRP = 9T
    tRAS = 31T
    CR = 1T
    tRFC = 80T
    tWR = 9T
    tWTR = 15T
    tRRD = 7T
    tRTP = 9T

All voltage settings
    DRAM Voltage = 2.00V

Quantum BIOS
    System Turbo = Enabled
    QPI Multiplier = x18
    CPU Clock Skew = 0ps
    IOH Clock Skew = 0ps

Let me know how it went ( make sure you use the G13 BIOS with these settings )
    No soup. OC wouldnt take. It looks like I was having the same problem the pre-reviewers were having on Anandtech (I can never pronounce that name) with the Dimm1 Vef DQ (Data) not sticking to .500 when u set it manually. It kept reverting to .496. I know there was a thread on here where Sayaa and the pre-reviewers were discussing the problems with the force reset button which led to the discovery of some issues with some high watt psu's. I know there was a bios fix addressing this. I have been looking for that particular thread with no luck. I'm not sure if my psu would fall under that catagory since its a 1000w psu and the ones mentioned were 1200w but u never know. I'm going to list my rig specs, and the OC was done using the G13 bios.

I'm going to try some tweeking using your settings as a reference point. Maybe interchanging between triple and dual channel with the ram to see if I get any positive results. I'll let u know what I find. Thanks again for your help.

Specs

Foxconn Bloodrage X58 Motherboard
    G-Skills 6gb (3x2gb) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Ram
    Intel 920 Core i7 Processor
    Silverstone ST1000 ATX12v / EPS12v Modular Active PSU (1000w)
    Asus 4870x2 Video Card
    WD 150gb Raptor X HD
    WD 500gb 7200rpm Sata HD
    WD 300gb 7200rpm Sata HD (in external enclosure connected via esata)
    Creative X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Sound Card
    Intel Pro PCI 1000/ GT Network Card
    24 inch Dell WS Monitor
    Vista 64-bit OS

* cpu and video card are water cooled with 1/2" tubing. All HD's are in a non raid set up.

CPU Block: D-Tek Fuzion V2.
    Video Card Block: Koolance VID-487x2
    Pump: Swiftech MCP655
    Radiator: Feser X Changer 360mm Triple Radiator

Sorry if I got too detailed with the specs.
    Last edited by Trembledust; 01-18-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Left out a detail

Quote Originally Posted by Touge180SX View Post
    That sounds like a beast of a build, good stuff! Make sure that you have CxE under CPU Features disabled in the BIOS. This feature makes it so when the computer is not under heavy load the CPU will throttle itself down to save energy. This might be why you are seeing a slower computer then you expected.
    Thanks, I thought so too as it's not bleeding edge, but should be a good performer and has a decent lifespan. So CxE disabled, anything else? Also, it reads my ram as 1300mhz vs 1600mhz in bios and can't be changed directly. I can see that I can mess around with timings, etc. but not sure if that'll change the speed. Any insight? Also, I have some issues with Vista closing some varfious drivers after a while on, and I am wondering if that's an issue with MS in general or if it's with the Foxconn software. I'm still fine-tuning so maybe that'll just get worked out eventually.

Xtreme Member
    Discovered some oddities recently while trying to OC. They are probably nothing but would like to mention them anyways.

1) Was doing some tests with some overclock settings one nite. Rebooted and rig wouldnt boot up. No beeps. Just stayed on with no display. Turned rig off and unplugged power. Let her sit for about 20mins and plugged the power back in and re-started rig. That didnt seem to work so I figured I screwed up the oc really bad so went to change Bioses per jumper on board to force board to boot into Bios 2 instead of Bios 1. I looked and discovered jumper was set to to boot in Bios 2 instead of Bios 1. Now I had never touched the bios jumper before and found it odd the jumper would be set to boot into Bios 2 instead of Bios 1 or even set on the 5-6 pins. Again probably no biggie, but just thought it odd. Eh.

2) After selecting Bios 1 with jumper, I booted up and went to Bios to check the Bios version which it said was P02. The original Bios that was on the board. So i'm like I was running on Bios 2 all this time?? So booted up into windows and used foxconn live to see if I can flash Bios 1 to G13. When I went to check the Bios info it told me Bios was G13. I'm like huh??? So I was like screw it I must be seeing things. lol. Went back into the Bios, checked the Board Info and it was saying Bios version P02. I started thinking maybe Foxconn Live was stuck displaying Bios 2 data. eh.

3)So continued with my tests. Was just trying to find my chip's max Bclock. Turned all multi's to lowest settings, set Bclock to 150, saved and rebooted. Rig rebooted started again then shut down and rebooted. Did a double boot u can say. Like it always seems to do when an oc seems not to hold. Now checking the post screen seems like settings went back to default so I went into the Bios to check the settings. Was curious so went back to Board info. Why did it tell me its Bios G13??? Now I did the settings change with Bios 1 selected on the boards jumper which has Bios version P02 on it, and it comes back and tells me its on Bios version G13??? I was thinking maybe it just switched Bioses on its own but is that possible when u set the jumper to force boot into Bios 1? Another wierd thing happened. I said screw this set everything back to default and booted back into windows. Checked Foxconn Live now its saying my Bios version is P02.

Again I am not sure if these are anything really to worry about but they are seriously making me go huh.

Edit:

Figured out why I was thinking board was set to load Bios 2 instead of Bios 1. In the manual it states Bios select goes like this:

Pins 1-2 = Force Bios 1
    Pins 3-4 = Force Bios 2
    Pins 5-6 = Bios select default Bios 1
    Pins 7-8 = Bios select default Bios 2

If you look at the picture used in the manual showing you where the Bios select is located on the board, and the pin locations u'd think, if you hold up the board in a way that the Dimm slots are on the top right of the board, the pins selection goes from top to bottom pin 1-2, pin 3-4, etc. This is not the case. The pin selection actually starts from greatest to least going down. So if you were holding the board in the position I mentioned the pin selection from top to bottom would be Pin 7-8, Pin 6-5, etc. As such the jumper was set to pins 5-6, not pins 3-4 like I original thought so that solves one mystery for me. I think the description of where the Bios Select is located on the board needs to be revised to show the positions of the pins a bit clearer in the manual. I'm still in OC limbo btw. lol. If I have any break threws I'll post. Im starting to think its either I may need to RMA the board or I got myself a bad i7 chip. I'm noticing when I started to go 170 Bclock or higher I get OC fails. Still going to do more tests to see if thats the case. Thanks again for all your help, fellas.
    Last edited by Trembledust; 01-20-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Im gonna flash board with G13 bios using Bios 1 as default and start all over. The fact Bios 2 was set as default should not have affected my oc potential. I'll report back.

Edit:

Refer to edit in above post.
    Last edited by Trembledust; 01-20-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Trembledust ...this might be the thread you were refering to in post #60?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...57#post3586357
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PENT E8400 batch #814A014 ...4.3 at 1.34v~4.7 at 1.45v
    FOXCONN MARS
    COOLIT Eliminator 7*c idle~27~38*c load $95bucks !
    BUFFALO FireStix's ddr2-800 do 1200 eazy at 2.1v
    OCZ 2x2 kit pc2 8500 - 1066 @1069 atm
    Quattro 1000W
    Radeon 2-4850's in crossfire
    OCZ Vertex SSD thanks Tony!
    ALL PIPED INTO HOUSE AIRCOND ;}
    *QUANTUM FORCE* saaya & sham rocks !
    *REAL TEMP*
    At least you've got some Xtreme software now for working in Xtreme situations! "Unclewebb" rocks !
    *MEMSET* Felix rocks !
    *SUPER TEC MAN* UncleJimbo rocks !
    OVERCLOCKERS MAG..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=197660

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCHOPPER View Post
    Trembledust ...this might be the thread you were refering to in post #60?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...57#post3586357

No thats not the thread I was looking for but thanks for the link. The thread had posts from both sayaa and the anadatech reviewer (s) discussing the rebooting issues they were having with the board when they did their tests. I'll keep looking. But coincidentally I do have a rev 1 board. Can't say for sure if my overclocking issues are due to a psu compatability issue. Then again its possible.

Thanks again for the link.

No thats not the thread I was looking for but thanks for the link. The thread had posts from both sayaa and the anadatech reviewer (s) discussing the rebooting issues they were having with the board when they did their tests. I'll keep looking. But coincidentally I do have a rev 1 board. Can't say for sure if my overclocking issues are due to a psu compatability issue. Then again its possible.

Thanks again for the link.
    Hey, I've had that 'double boot' issue off and on with mine too, but only after booting from shutdown. My settings are all stock, though, so maybe it's just the BIOS or something. I'm going to check the jumpers (good idea), the version of BIOS and the board itself again to see if it'll still happen this weekend. If it seems stable, I'll try Bench's posted info and post results since we have similar RAM.

Xtreme Member
    Ok. Sounds good.

Xtreme Member
    Ok I think I mucked something up. lol. Recently had to rma my X2 vid card on the rig cause think she finally kicked the bucket. Tried it on another rig and yep she dead (RIP). Anywho I had the card and cpu WC'd with a triple rad but now since card is gone decided eh...lets WC the Northbridge for sh*ts and giggles. Now at the untimely death of the X2 I started using my back up 4870 on the rig with the stock NB heatsink. No problems. Booted up..was playing Fear 2 demo (btw...hot). Life was good. Next day I swapped the stock heatsink for the NB waterblock. Now I cant post. All lights come on the board but no post. Even error LCD display on board will not come on. Even funnier rig just stays on. No auto reboots or anything. Resat block. I used Arctic silver Mx-2 paste instead of paste that came with board though. I posted for about 5 seconds then rig shut down on me. Havent had a post since. I'm on back up rig now. I resat the block again, checked for leaks, etc. Everything checked out. Any suggestions on what it could be the cause Im a lil stumped. The psu seems fine. No shorts or power surges occured. I'm going to unplug the power and leave the plug out overnite to see if that has any effect. I really do like this board even though it doesnt seem to like me. lol. It is possible I "might" have gotten a bad board, bad processor or both. I am in the minority if this is the case cause most people I have read threads on seem to have no problems with this board at all if not minor problems that wouldnt effect overclocking and what not. And the overclocking science w/ these chips is not hard. It is actually simple. With Bench's settings I should of hit 4ghz no problem on this board. Maybe I did get a bad board, or chip cause I'm running out of explanatations on why I cant even hit 3.8 ghz on this set up.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas hit me up. Thanks again Bench, HDChopper, and Sayaa for your help.
    Last edited by Trembledust; 01-23-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Ok I think I mucked something up. lol. Recently had to rma my X2 vid card on the rig cause think she finally kicked the bucket. Tried it on another rig and yep she dead (RIP). Anywho I had the card and cpu WC'd with a triple rad but now since card is gone decided eh...lets WC the Northbridge for sh*ts and giggles. Now at the untimely death of the X2 I started using my back up 4870 on the rig with the stock NB heatsink. No problems. Booted up..was playing Fear 2 demo (btw...hot). Life was good. Next day I swapped the stock heatsink for the NB waterblock. Now I cant post. All lights come on the board but no post. Even error LCD display on board will not come on. Even funnier rig just stays on. No auto reboots or anything. Resat block. I used Arctic silver Mx-2 paste instead of paste that came with board though. I posted for about 5 seconds then rig shut down on me. Havent had a post since. I'm on back up rig now. I resat the block again, checked for leaks, etc. Everything checked out. Any suggestions on what it could be the cause Im a lil stumped. The psu seems fine. No shorts or power surges occured. I'm going to unplug the power and leave the plug out overnite to see if that has any effect. I really do like this board even though it doesnt seem to like me. lol. It is possible I "might" have gotten a bad board, bad processor or both. I am in the minority if this is the case cause most people I have read threads on seem to have no problems with this board at all if not minor problems that wouldnt effect overclocking and what not. And the overclocking science w/ these chips is not hard. It is actually simple. With Bench's settings I should of hit 4ghz no problem on this board. Maybe I did get a bad board, or chip cause I'm running out of explanatations on why I cant even hit 3.8 ghz on this set up.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas hit me up. Thanks again Bench, HDChopper, and Sayaa for your help.
    Got me stumped Tremble. I am running the Rev 1.0 Bloodrage with 920 and 6GB of Corsair Dominator 1600 at 4.2Ghz with no problems whatsoever.

I am also using the NB block with MX-2 also and everything works perfect. Definitely sounds like you have a bad mobo, bad chip, or bad both. I hope you figure it out and wish I could be more help.
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!

Xtreme Member
    Got me stumped Tremble. I am running the Rev 1.0 Bloodrage with 920 and 6GB of Corsair Dominator 1600 at 4.2Ghz with no problems whatsoever.

I am also using the NB block with MX-2 also and everything works perfect. Definitely sounds like you have a bad mobo, bad chip, or bad both. I hope you figure it out and wish I could be more help.
    Yea its gotta be bad hardware. Thanks man @ wish I could be more help. I already got an rma for both the board and the processor from newegg. Gonna ship them both out next week.

Xtreme Member
    Yea its gotta be bad hardware. Thanks man @ wish I could be more help. I already got an rma for both the board and the processor from newegg. Gonna ship them both out next week.
    Good stuff! Gotta love the EGG! Let us know when the new stuff gets here and how it works out. Hopefully you get a super chip!

H20!

Xtreme Member
    Oh yea most definately @ love da Egg. I will @ let yall know. Lets hope lol @ super chip.

Xtreme Member
    Oh yea most definately @ love da Egg. I will @ let yall know. Lets hope lol @ super chip.
    Haha, that's a lot of @'s!

H20!

Xtreme Member
    Ok Folks need somes help here ...

Q: what the best set of ram 6GB available right now on the market im using bloodrage & i7 920
    looking for A-DATA's X Series DDR3-2133X AD32133F002GM(O)U3K DDR3-2133X PC3-17066 2GBx3 CL10-10-10-30 2.05v~2.15v
    if you guys know where to buy in USA let me know otherwise any kinda ram able to reach 1000+ on dram frequency THX
    Last edited by ProStock; 01-24-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Haha, that's a lot of @'s!
    LOL. Yea after I submitted it I was like...umm why did I @ so much? lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast