Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foxconn motherboards no more?

Team ID - Indonesia

Foxconn motherboards no more?

http://www.overclock3d.net/news.php?..._user_market/1

Rumour Mill: Foxconn Mobo's no more?Whispers within the industry are being heard about about Foxconn and their future as a high end motherboard manufacturer. According to the rumours Foxconn are looking to scale back their operations and the end user manufacturing division may get the chop. This would be a blow to the high end user as Foxconn have brought some great motherboards to the market.

Foxconn was founded in 1974, and their end user Foxconn branded motherboard manufacture is only a small part of their business operations. They produce some well known products, such as the iPod and iPhone for Apple, the PS2 and PS3 for Sony as well as producing Intel CPU's. We do not know the reasons why Foxconn would consider ceasing production of their motherboards, and if the rumours prove to be true it will be a sad day for enthusiasts.

Is it true ??? Can Saaya confirm something about this sad news ?

Xtreme Mentor
    I highly doubt it is true.
    They probably think that since Shamino left Foxconn.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Team ID - Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I highly doubt it is true.
    They probably think that since Shamino left Foxconn.
    I really hope is not true too....

Engineering The Xtreme
    lol considering they have 3 boards waiting in the wings to be released, 1 - p45 and 2 x58 ....

I call BS

Xtreme Legend
    i doubt it
    but saaya can put the fire out quick i guess
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    While it's possible I think there's plenty of room for doubt. Seems as if a good portion of review sites, including some of the best and most knowledgeable, have gone down the tubes. Too much of taking something basic and filling in the blanks with what they think rather then know.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Lodewijk View Post
    http://www.overclock3d.net/news.php?..._user_market/1

Rumour Mill: Foxconn Mobo's no more?Whispers within the industry are being heard about about Foxconn and their future as a high end motherboard manufacturer. According to the rumours Foxconn are looking to scale back their operations and the end user manufacturing division may get the chop. This would be a blow to the high end user as Foxconn have brought some great motherboards to the market.

Foxconn was founded in 1974, and their end user Foxconn branded motherboard manufacture is only a small part of their business operations. They produce some well known products, such as the iPod and iPhone for Apple, the PS2 and PS3 for Sony as well as producing Intel CPU's. We do not know the reasons why Foxconn would consider ceasing production of their motherboards, and if the rumours prove to be true it will be a sad day for enthusiasts.

Is it true ??? Can Saaya confirm something about this sad news ?
    intel wha...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    While it's possible I think there's plenty of room for doubt. Seems as if a good portion of review sites, including some of the best and most knowledgeable, have gone down the tubes. Too much of taking something basic and filling in the blanks with what they think rather then know.
    Yah, probably just some crap to write about for people to read. BS.
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That would suck I really liked their boards and would put some money down on the Blood Rage. Didn't they scrap the p45 Avenger? That supports them scaling back. IMO they should really just target the midrange target range of $150-200, but still come out with their signature designs similar to Blood Rage and Black Ops.

Pffft LOL...hmmm!.. i very much doubt this is true.. Foxconn have made and are making some excellent boards!! their production is second to none, it would be a very big loss in general and to the Enthusiast community if such a manufacturer stops production top boards!! yea.. they were once more focused on OEM production but in the last while coming to the table with some truly awesome products stepping down from that table would just be silly on their part !?!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I´m just waiting for Saaya´s reply...

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Addict
    Why on Earth would the only vendor using digital PWM on mobos leave the high end market. Thats like Ferrari leaving high end performance cars market lol...
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Cruncher
    What is DFI using, looks like Digital to me?

BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogPO View Post
    What is DFI using, looks like Digital to me?
    Ever since the ICFX3200.

Turkey Man
    WOuldnt make a lot of sense for them to move Saaya et al into a whole new office building only to dump it...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Also abit uses(did use) Digital PWM.

BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Addict
    I call bs, as T M said, they just recently moved their offices, why would they have done that if they would shut them down shortly after?

besides, they are developing atleast two x58 boards (Digital life and QF and I bet more will come) which woudn't make sense either if they would shut down mainboard production.

I am Xtreme
    yeah lol they must have invested a ton into thier new performance boards it would be pretty queer to see them do something like this only after thier first really succesfull mobo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23 View Post
    yeah lol they must have invested a ton into thier new performance boards it would be pretty queer to see them do something like this only after thier first really succesfull mobo.
    Yeah but this silence is making me worry...

I am Xtreme
    lol.. yeah right foxconn (the one who produces neraly every intel branded board) will bail out if that very lucrative business... :roll:

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    lol.. yeah right foxconn (the one who produces neraly every intel branded board) will bail out if that very lucrative business... :roll:
    And didn't they produce all the nvidia reference designed 680i boards? Not sure about the 780i or 790i? But I would think the maintained the contract for those as well.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Addict
    I think this article may be referring solely to the QF branch of foxconn mobo manf'g.
    Which...idk...haven't seen saaya in the QF section in a few days....

Xtreme Guru
    foxconn makes the board for, lets see

ASUS
    Gigabyte
    MSI
    Dell
    Apple

The list goes on.............

I doubt they will be exiting the motherboard business, maybe their own branded boards will be gone, but thats where it would end.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Guys... it is 2:05am in Taiwan right now.. give them time to wake up.

I seriously doubt anything is wrong.

I am Xtreme
    I do hope it's nothing; there's a discussion going on at Madshrimps as well.

Has this message been spread by anyone besides OC3D?
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast