Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You people are not going to beleive this!

V3 Xeons coming soon!

You people are not going to beleive this!

It seems some snake from Czechoslovakia has found a new way to make a name for himself in the DC world.
    He finds inactive teams, like ones that got ticked off at a project and left.
    He petitions for a "founder" change, then tosses any of the original members, renames the team and takes the points.
    Sound unbelievable? It's true.
    BUT this guy missed one thing.
    There are teams out there that although they have left a project still take a look once in a while as did this team with their 6 million points in Rosetta.
    The big mistake of this guy is that he really picked the wrong team to do this to: The Teddies, that bunch of old softies that wouldn't say a nasty word ever..
    Take the time to read this thread. Enough to make you sick.
    http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/fo...ad.php?id=4238
    Last edited by Movieman; 07-08-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    We've been quite nice so far. Couldn't believe the stupid arse even admitted to taking our team and all our points. Then booted us from our own team.

He best return what he stole or I'll use those words that aren't from the dictionary that you keep telling me not to use.

Attack Dachshund
    what a loser... makes no sense... there's nothing to gain... some freakin people.. I'd bet he's doing it just because he gets a rush from the scam. typical thief.

Xtreme Cruncher
    But this benefits... no one. I don't manage to get alot of units done or have alot of points but why steal them? They're already done. It's not helping any cause at all.
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

sleepin is overrated
    Wow is there no limits that people will not stoop too!!!

thats crazy stuff

Chasing After Diety
    wow...the moment DC becomes pure point ownage, is the day you need to re evaluate what your crunching for.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    That's the truth! Points etc are just supposed to be for shyts and giggles, the science is where it's at.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    thats pathetic

i missed all the David Baker stuff when it happend around here but i can see why you guys don't like him based on that thread.

i like this post from Nite Owl
    Amazing... Truly amazing... You'd think of the 750 people that viewed/read this thread at least one would have been from upper management... Oh wait, There isn't any upper management here... Baker's out traveling the World, taking bows for all HIS stupendous achievements in suckering "HIS Children" into crunching here, burning THEIR resources, THEIR financial resources, etc, etc;... Simply amazing... All bow to the King!
    Bakers profile http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/sh....php?userid=14
    good to see the founder of something has such a big part in it...NOT. he's been a member for 3 yrs and has 116 results? i've not done rosetta but if the tasks are anything like what i get thru WCG, i've been a member here for almost a yr and returned 818 results on 1 computer, not 3 that he has
    XS WCG Rules: #1: don't pull fart_plume's finger #2: Dave aka Movieman, don't give him your phone number if you like your hearing
    XS WCG Note: There are 2 sets of points, WCG and Boinc. WCG = 7x Boinc

Project: Dark Matter (<- link) - Asus Maximus II Formula, Intel X3330 3.4ghz @1.32v under load, corsair ddr2 1066 8gigs, evga gtx260 core 216, pc p&c 750W, EK Supreme HF Nickel, iandh 175 res, Swiftech MCP355, Black Ice GTX G2 240, Lian Li v1200b

silverstone tj07 build log

Da Goose
    Pathetic person...nuf said...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Hamster Powered
    What an arse. We do this to help further the science not to get an epenis from points.

Now here comes a low life that thinks he can impress crunchers by stealing points? Just when you thought that science had discovered the lowest forms of life on this planet, a new one is found.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Join XS WCG or \/ !!

what a asshat

Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Just when you thought that science had discovered the lowest forms of life on this planet, a new one is found.
    Yet another accomplishment for the DC community!
    Last edited by [XC] mysticmerlin; 07-08-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelzing

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Banned
    Wow What A Loser This Guy Is, Just Want To Look Good Is All, And Say His Team Really Cares, When In Reality It's All A Scam.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Damn that guy is lower than a snakes behind...
    Last edited by road-runner; 07-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    wow...the moment DC becomes pure point ownage, is the day you need to re evaluate what your crunching for.
    No doubt
    Bloodrage || 920 @ 3.2Ghz || TRUE Black
    3x 2GB HyperX 2000 || @ 2000Mhz 7.7.7
    2x 300GB WD VR Raid 0 || 2x 2TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
    LG 10x BD-R || LG 22x DVD/RW
    MSI GE 470 || LG 246WP
    Sonar X-Fi || Klipsch 5.1
    Lycosa || Mamba || Exact Mat
    CM ATCS 840 || Seasonic M12D
    Server 2008 R2 x64

XSDCMF
    What a joke! What an aszwipe.
    I'm not even going to that link. Life is too short to waste the time.

Incredible!
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    Damn that guy is lower than a snake...

Common lets keep snakes out of it, they are way above this guy......

I don't crunch yet, but i still understand the idea of sacrifice for a cause, just for the sake of doing it....

congratz to all of you
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post

I don't crunch yet, but i still understand the idea of sacrifice for a cause, just for the sake of doing it....

congratz to all of you
    Oh Dave!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.gif 
Views:	881 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	81722  
    Last edited by SiGfever; 07-08-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    I think is time to go to ALL the DC forums and let everyone know who he is and what he is doing maybe get him banned from every dc project.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    That's the truth! Points etc are just supposed to be for shyts and giggles, the science is where it's at.
    You guys get it, some never will.
    To me the points are something you get that lets you measure the work done and one great part of them is that if a machine screws up, you see it that day and know to investigate.
    They also make great fun to tease with and to also say to people congrats for the effort made.

Oh Dave!
    Oh sig, you cracked me up.
    That is saved and may become my avatar..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Actually Dave it would be fitting avatar for you,lol!
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post

congratz to all of you
    Someday I'll get you for a few mins on the phone and get into the whys of what we do.
    I got a sales pich so smooth that it makes those TV evangelists look like amateurs.. And mine has no BS in it just truth.
    We'll get ya..

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Someday I'll get you for a few mins on the phone and get into the whys of what we do.
    I got a sales pich so smooth that it makes those TV evangelists look like amateurs.. And mine has no BS in it just truth.
    We'll get ya..
    QFT!

This man is slicker than a greased eel in a tub of butter.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    QFT!

This man is slicker than a greased eel in a tub of butter.
    I had a dream one night of getting up in front of the big players at CES and giving my pitch.. and then watching them line up to ask how they might help.
    Yea, crazy huh, thats how serious I take this.
    The really crazy part is I think given the chance I think I could sell it.
    There's another dream where I get 10 mins with Mr. Gates and come walking out with a look on my face wondering what I will spend the 10 Mil on for parts for the team..

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I had a dream one night of getting up in front of the big players at CES and giving my pitch.. and then watching them line up to ask how they might help.
    Yea, crazy huh, thats how serious I take this.
    The really crazy part is I think given the chance I think I could sell it.
    There's another dream where I get 10 mins with Mr. Gates and come walking out with a look on my face wondering what I will spend the 10 Mil on for parts for the team..
    Dave I can vouch for the fact that it comes from your heart and there is no BS involved, just dedication to the science and to our team.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Dave I can vouch for the fact that it comes from your heart and there is no BS involved, just dedication to the science and to our team.
    I look at it the serious way and the fun way at the same time.
    Without the competitions and comraderie watching a PC crunch numbers is like watching grass grow.
    I tried to explain that to a certain Dr. once but he was like the three monkeys in Twilyth's avatar..
    See No, Hear No and Speak No..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast