Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-Tek+All Nozzle kit Vs EK Supreme+Option Accelerate Plate Tested (56k Warning!)

Champion

D-Tek+All Nozzle kit Vs EK Supreme+Option Accelerate Plate Tested (56k Warning!)

Hello everyone,

From last week on i received Supreme Option Accelerate Plate from Eddy, Thanks very much for it so after i received i just testing it instant and compare with D-Tek FuZion v1+all nozzle kit too

For the method and device on tested it same all first time is i posted here from this link >> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...hlight=roundup but i change only one on thermal compound from MX-2 to normal compound and this time i only tested one time of mount because i haven't much time but i think it to be satisfied level with results notwithstanding it not 100% sure

Point of today it'll on EK Supreme Option Accelerate Plate as it have six type of design, but i met something is different from my 3x Supreme on Stock plate

well on first Supreme is i order it come with white box of package plate in side it's " Stock plate " in the picture but on second and third by order it come with new package design for plate in side it's " #6 style " in the picture, OKay on testing to day i used the first from order and for plate #2 to #6 it'll option for me, hope everyone will understand is i try to told

On testing system

CPU on testing is QX6700@3.6GHz, 1.650V bios set, 1.600V windows idle, 1.695V windows full load

Ambient i measure air before flow in radiator

style is i smear of thermal compound on the IHS

20 minute burn of CPU for full load temperature and used idle temperature after burned
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Champion

Test results...

bowed checking after mount we can see distinct between Supreme and D-Tek who is more than bowed (on mount have a back-plate)

D-Tek

Supreme

Temperature Results

Core Temp Measure(min/max from log file) - degrees Celsius ( ํC)

CPU IHS Measure - degrees Celsius ( ํC)

Average Temperature from Core Temp log file on full load (20min)

sorry for hard of looking on this graph because i haven't other ideal on it but need to sharing it

for more picture >>> Here
    ------------------
    btw. if next time i can find some free time on my work i'll testing it again on 4.5mm, 5.5mm, #2, #3 and Stock plate by multi mount for make sure of results

ps. sorry for not good English

Specials Thanks.... Eddy for Supreme option plate on tested

Best regards
    ZoLKoRn
    Last edited by ZoLKoRn; 05-13-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Xtreme Addict
    So it seems the optional plates all just decrease performance in your case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Great work, thanks for posting!

It's interesting to see how you also didn't seem to gain much with the nozzles, if anything it was worse than stock.

This also seems to indicate these microchannel blocks are doing really welll with quad cores. That makes sense to me because the flow is spread out better.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Hmm, now I know what is wrong with my EK, it isnt bowed at all and the performance is worse than a 6002. Also, zolkorn how old is that d-tek? That base seems totally flat which is no doubt why performance is no good. I'm wondering if it hasn't been flattened out from use. Very odd results that we are seeing.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Awesome job, this is the kind of review on the supreme I have been looking for

very precise tests
    Heatware -> http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=51939
    Ebay -> http://myworld.ebay.com/onewhoisplug
    Feel Free to hop in my ventrio server and chat with us
    Vent6.gameservers.com:4498

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Awesome job, this is the kind of review on the supreme I have been looking for

very precise tests
    Except i think there is something wrong with the test altogether, I mean, that fuzion is flat as can be. Same as the ek I've got which I wont release cause there is a problem.

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Except i think there is something wrong with the test altogether, I mean, that fuzion is flat as can be. Same as the ek I've got which I wont release cause there is a problem.
    It's the other variable, the manufacturing one.

I have two sets of pressure drop tests now of the exact same product, they are never exactly the same. That or the base just isn't as tight as I normally tighten mine. With a lapped IHS and stock fuzion, I get a nice clear bowed looking center, it probably depends on how concaved the IHS is stock too.

I've tested two block exactly the same block and two radiators that were exactly the same radiator, yet pressure drop tests were slightly different.

BTW, I'm running the V2 with a thicker EK o-ring now to see if there is any gain with even more bow. I believe in the end, there is no gain with a lapped IHS. That or the TIM used makes the difference...not sure.

I think the supreme does it's best on quads and even better with really strong pumps..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 05-13-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Yeah but 10C? I don't buy it... something borked with that D-tek base, i can see it, its FLAT.

Xtreme Cruncher
    From what i remember the Supreme is bowed

Did you lap your IHS zolkorn?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah but 10C? I don't buy it... something borked with that D-tek base, i can see it, its FLAT.
    I see what you're looking it, it does seem to be apply pressure at the perimeter.

Xtreme Member
    ZoLKoRn looking at your results from this testing compared to the previous one there seems to be an inconsistency of results between fuzion vs supreme..the difference in this test is by far greater than in the previous one

am i missing something in the test method here or could it be because it was only 1 mount?

anyway nice to see how the nozzle results compare to martins
    Intel Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    Asus Blitz Formula SE
    OCZ ReaperX PC6400 2x2GB
    Sapphire HD4870x2
    X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 & Logitech Z5500
    Samsung Spinpoint T166 500GB
    Samsung 226BW
    Zalman ZM1000-HP

Watercooling
    Loop 1: DDC3.2 (XSPC Restop), Fuzion v2, BIGTX360 (6x S-Flex F)
    Loop 2: DDC3.2 (XSPC Restop), EK 4870x2, TFC X360 (3x S-Flex F)
    Loop 3: to come

[DarthBeavis] "I am gonna try to mod one of these into my wife so can get an early warning of when she gets angry . . ."

I am Xtreme
    thanks for the testing mate...

something seems off .
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
    So it seems the optional plates all just decrease performance in your case?
    hmm about that i think

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Great work, thanks for posting!

It's interesting to see how you also didn't seem to gain much with the nozzles, if anything it was worse than stock.

This also seems to indicate these microchannel blocks are doing really welll with quad cores. That makes sense to me because the flow is spread out better.
    Yep, it make astonished to me too

Hmm, now I know what is wrong with my EK, it isnt bowed at all and the performance is worse than a 6002. Also, zolkorn how old is that d-tek? That base seems totally flat which is no doubt why performance is no good. I'm wondering if it hasn't been flattened out from use. Very odd results that we are seeing.
    Yes d-tek it flat of base but it not to be necessary is flat will better than bowed all time, and my d-tek 8 month in side it very clean

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis86 View Post
    ZoLKoRn looking at your results from this testing compared to the previous one there seems to be an inconsistency of results between fuzion vs supreme..the difference in this test is by far greater than in the previous one

am i missing something in the test method here or could it be because it was only 1 mount?

anyway nice to see how the nozzle results compare to martins
    Yah it not inconsistency on the previous one maybe because this time i change thermal compound from MX-2 to normal white compound and from only 1 mount too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disruptfam View Post
    thanks for the testing mate...

something seems off .
    hmm... i'll testing it again but not all nozzle and all plate, on my ideal i'll testing only 4.5mm, 5.5mm ,Stock plate and 2slot plate and i'll multi mount of setup too

---------
    Thanks everyone for comment and i'll reform to next time
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Xtreme Member
    personally i dont see the point of doing the same test again..your previous round looked very good and informative.

if i were you i would retest the nozzles with a more powerful pump (or maybe 2 ddcs in series). Seeing how restrictive the nozzles are they should benefit at higher flow rates. Only problem is the added heat from a second pump, which should be compensated by the increase in flow (hopefully )
    Intel Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    Asus Blitz Formula SE
    OCZ ReaperX PC6400 2x2GB
    Sapphire HD4870x2
    Samsung 226BW
    Zalman ZM1000-HP

Watercooling

[DarthBeavis] "I am gonna try to mod one of these into my wife so can get an early warning of when she gets angry . . ."

Xtreme Cruncher
    Can you shrink the pictures a bit?

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoLKoRn View Post

Yes d-tek it flat of base but it not to be necessary is flat will better than bowed all time, and my d-tek 8 month in side it very clean
    Yeah, your Fuzion has been flattened... this shows the importance of bowing (or stepping) as my EK block seems totally flat and the performance shows it. As a tester you always have to question your OWN results. I know there is something borked with my EK, just as I know something is borked with your Fuzion. The difference is, I recognize this and don't release results that are out of the 'norm'. People will see your above test and do the whole; "OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!??? teh EK is teh bomb and teh Fuzions is teh suxors!". You should have realized at your roughly 10c difference that perhaps there was a problem?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    try with the pump feeding the block first not the rad
    q9550 @ 444 x 8.5 1.3v - Venomous X
    p5q DLX
    Ocz RPR 1066 4 x 2g @ 1066
    eah5870 V2 @ 920/1250 - HR-03gt
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

Hamster Powered
    Something has to be wrong for the Supreme to beat the FuZion by such a large margin. Why did you change TIM during the testing, MX-2 is a proven product?
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Microchannels are the future I tell you ^^ (I'm into watercooling research here at our local university, they study it intensively in cooperation with some manufacturers. They say that they have only scratched the surface on the potential of microchannels but that it already outperforms jets. )
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Chasing After Diety
    *sigh*

ive been trying to tell you that your EK is borked scott.

Also why dont people test these blocks with dual pumps. Guys the accelerators on the EK and D-tek was designed around high pressure pumps. Dual DDC-3.2 OR IWAKI RD-30 @ 18-21V for pinicle performance.

But then again, you guys can all just ignore me until someone does a test to prove i was right again on this area.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    I was wondering. When y'all refer to "bowing" are you referring to physically bending the metal around the block?
    If so, how are you bending them?

Thanks.

breezyjr

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    *sigh*

ive been trying to tell you that your EK is borked scott.
    With due respect, you didn't have to tell me that it is borked, I knew and know it is, now however, after seeing his imprint on the EK, my EK is most definitely FLAT. Eddy is already upset with me so I doubt he will send me another block... the WHOLE POINT OF MY COMMENTARY HERE is the fact that I knew something was wrong with the block and did NOT publish numbers on it. Now, would that be fair to anyone if I did? I think if ZoLKoRn were a 'mench' (it's a yiddish term, google it) he would pull this and request or attain a new V1 fuzion and retest it. Just to clarify here, I am NOT questioning the numbers that ZoLKoRn recorded, meaning I don't think he lied or fudged it, I am questioning (as should he) the integrity of the base of the Fuzion.

You don't see huge differences in performance between different blocks on an IHS unless one is flat, and the other bowed or stepped, its just a fact.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    Also why dont people test these blocks with dual pumps. Guys the accelerators on the EK and D-tek was designed around high pressure pumps. Dual DDC-3.2 OR IWAKI RD-30 @ 18-21V for pinicle performance.

But then again, you guys can all just ignore me until someone does a test to prove i was right again on this area.
    So how many people actually own a RD-30 for a watercooling setup? Very little. Test results with these pumps might be interesting, but you're looking for a setup that'd apply to what most watercoolers would go with.

ZoLKoRn, I think your test results are interesting as they differ from what the general expectancy is. Good effort.
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3015MHz
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3
    MSI nVidia GeForce 7900GTO
    OCZ Technology Titanium PC2-6400 2x 2GB
    Corsair HX620W
    Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB
    2x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 160GB

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    So how many people actually own a RD-30 for a watercooling setup? Very little. Test results with these pumps might be interesting, but you're looking for a setup that'd apply to what most watercoolers would go with.

ZoLKoRn, I think your test results are interesting as they differ from what the general expectancy is. Good effort.

yeah but this was a nozzle comparison
    zolkorn did another test without the nozzles..personally i liked that one more. The differences seem to be more precise.
    Intel Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    Asus Blitz Formula SE
    OCZ ReaperX PC6400 2x2GB
    Sapphire HD4870x2
    Samsung 226BW
    Zalman ZM1000-HP

Watercooling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast