Thread: ASRock 4Core1600twins P35 not bad !

Champion

ASRock 4Core1600twins P35 not bad !

Brand new from ASRock is come on Intel P35 chipset and it's look seem interesting for price and performance

Package & Bundled

Board Layout

4-Phase PWM and Solid cap.

Combo Memory slot DDR2(red&yellow) and DDR3(green)

Expansion Slot, 1x Pci-e 16x and 1x AGI Pci-e x16 speed 4x connector, Support to Crossfire but link = 16x + 4x

4x SATA-II port by ICH9

Back I/O Panel connector

Bios Screens

More bios Screen can looking here >>> Link
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Champion
    Overclocked Results...

Test Setup..

Core 2 E6550(L723B)
    ASRock 4Core1600twins P35
    Kingston KHX9600D2K2/1G
    SAPPHIRE HD3850 Ultimate
    Hitachi SATA2-7200rpm 80GB
    Tagan BZ1300

Pic Setup

Results @540MHz FSB boot up from bios

Pi1M

3k03

3k05

AM3

Everest Cache&Memory

Little up the FSB by ASRock OC Tuner from 540MHz to 546MHz

btw. for the general performance compare between DDR3 and DDR2 on this mobo can looking here, (it's only Thai language but i think you can look from Graph picture)
    Last edited by ZoLKoRn; 02-09-2008 at 02:43 AM.
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Anyone using this board for a heavily overclocked system? I may purchase this to go along with an E8400 or one of the consumer grade Penryn quad cores coming out next month if so.

ugly capacitance!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Who owns Asrock or are they their own small company?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You will find Asus are behind Asrock! But I have used a few of the boards over the years and they are good Bang/$.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSMJ View Post
    Anyone using this board for a heavily overclocked system? I may purchase this to go along with an E8400 or one of the consumer grade Penryn quad cores coming out next month if so.
    If ya want to keep this board for a long time, limit yaself to a lower freq... 450or so max... and with quads maybe even lower due to the 4phase PWM... I'm really happy that it's got 3years warranty... looks like a very solid budget board...

Way to go Asrock
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Jumper setting

Nice oc. but how did you set jumpers on motherboard.

was it set to max fsb 1600.

i plan a new build using a q6600 and this mobo , and corsair xms2 ddr2 800 ram , just wondering what would be the best jumper setting,

should i leave it as default and playa bout, or set fsb straight to 1333mhz ,

any help would be great thanks

c[_]
    1x AGI Pci-e x16 speed 4x connector... what?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    I've found myself in possession of this board along with an e8400 kinda by accident. I'm not sure if I should keep this board or eat the restock and get something else.

Does anyone have an update or experience with this board?

Thanks,

Tad

P5Q Deluxe Rev 1.03G 0803 BIOS
    q9450 L813A719 @ 3.8
    2x2gig OCZ Platinum XTC PC28000 5-5-5
    Visiontek 4850
    OCZ gxs 700w
    Antec p180
    Thermalright Ultra 120 w/ 120mm Yate Loon @1350+/- rpm

www.Fairtax.org

Hy how to can i download this bios M0.26
    Because i dont find @ net.
    And with the original P1.4 maxfsb maybe 460.
    FlamingBlade X58
    i7 920 + TRUE 120
    3Gb 1600Mhz
    2x Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB @ SLI
    Corsair HX750
    CM Stacker STC-T01 Black&Red modded
    BENQ E2200HD
    WD 500GB
    Razer Mantis Control + Razer diamondback plasma blue

Xtreme Addict
    any board that still places the ATX power connector there is just instant lose IMO.
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

Question PSU and Arctic Freezer 7 Pro installation a mess!

I agree with the last poster who says that the motherboard power connectors are in a stupid place! I struggled with the thick power cables from the PSU (which I barely squeezed in), and I tried my best to secure them with cable ties, a plastic mounting thing from the case kit, and some black insulation tape. The tape didn't stick for very long but the cable tie seems to be holding well, which is a relief. But the cables are still directly in the path of the Arctic Freezer and the rear case fan, which can't be an optimal position at all. It doesn't seem to be going beyond 50C at full load though, and it's fairly stable with Quiet Fan aiming for 50C and the CPU fan set to level 5 target speed.

But I'm having major RAM problems, which is frustrating as it's my X-Mas treat to myself. I bought a Kingston 4GB HyperX PC2-8500 DDR2 kit but I've just returned it for a refund as, thankfully, one of the DIMMs was faulty and it wouldn't complete POST with the beep -- otherwise it might've been down to me, because I didn't realise that it required optimal timings of 7-7-7-20 @ 1066 MHz and this ASrock motherboard only has manual settings of up to 6-6-6-15.

Now I'm using Transcend Axeram 2x2GB PC2-8500 and I've set the correct timings of 5-5-5-15 with a voltage of 1.96 (it needs 2.0v but my only options are 1.96 or 2.02 -- it seems to crash when loading Vista on the higher value). But I'm still getting random "stop" errors after a while, and no matter how many times I try to change the DRAM voltage in the ASrock OC Tuner (which I think is yet another hideous piece of motherboard vendor crappiness, at least regarding the GUI), it won't reflect the value of 1.96v that I saved in the BIOS config. Have I bought incompatible memory again? :S Please help. The chipset seems to keep reverting back to 1.79v.

Strangely, I've just downloaded CPU-Z and it gets the RAM part ref right (TX1066QLU-4GK), but it reckons that the max bandwidth is PC2-6400 (400 MHz). I paid for PC2-8500, and the same program lists the EPP settings as 5-5-5-15 @ 533 MHz, so it's obviously a software bug it seems. It does say that it's using the latency timings I set in the BIOS though, which is a relief. I just need to get the voltages to stick... Or is 1.96 too far below the stated value of 2.000? Perhaps 2.02 would be better, with a slight latency adjustment? I wish the damn motherboard had a 2.0 setting, though... In the memory tab it's reading a DRAM frequency of 492.2 MHz and a ratio of 2:3, which I think must be down to the 1.79v that I can't get rid of. Or is that within a normal operating threshold?

I read the manual and set the FSB2 jumper to short pins 4+5, which it says is needed for a 1333 MHz FSB (I have a C2D E8400) with 1066 (533) MHz DDR2 memory. I disabled Spread Spectrum just in case, along with XD mode, SpeedStep and Thermal Throttling. I've also tried setting the OC mode to "manual" with and without changing the FSB, but the DRAM voltage still doesn't change in OC Tuner.

I'm running Vista SP1 64b and I've enabled the memory remap feature in the BIOS, so now it recognises 4094 MB of total RAM in TaskMan, and 4096 at POST (but the Vista system performance wizard always reported 4 GB anyway, which I thought was strange).

I've got a Palit Geforce 512MB 9800GTX+ with the latest drivers installed, and I had to set the SATA mode in the BIOS to IDE emulation in order to complete Windows installation without it stalling at the AHCI driver stage (HDD is Samsung SpinPoint F1 640 GB). But I don't think that it's anything other than a memory and/or CPU issue at this stage... Maybe I'm wrong? And the BIOS already seems to be the latest version, P1.40, unless there really is an M-series Intel firmware available online that could provide more options?
    Last edited by trojjer; 12-19-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Any help?

I'd appreciate some replies, please, anyone?

In summary, I'm still getting random BSODs with "Parity Error" and the like, even though memtest86+ along with the Windows memory diagnostic tool aren't reporting any errors with the sticks in DDR2 slots 2+4 instead of 1+3. I can play GTA4 and Tomb Raider Underworld for a few hours and it usually boots alright, but it BSODs at random moments and it's driving me crazy. I've paid more than the ASrock motherboard's worth for this memory (£62 vs. £58 or something, including postage), but I think it's incompatible... Anyone else got this board with the same Transcend memory? I've tried all the BIOS settings but for some reason the DRAM frequency option is read only, even in "manual" overclock mode.
    Last edited by trojjer; 01-07-2009 at 02:23 AM.