Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YAMAHA Stacker

Xtreme Addict

YAMAHA Stacker

Posted for no other reason but for my sig to actually mean something

Well its been a long time coming but just before i jump in with both feet, a little background....

Its well known that apart from computers and cars i'm also into bikes which i follow each year and after seeing Valentino Rossi on the 50th anniversary Yamaha in the yellow, white and black livery it was inevitable really that i'd try to replicate it onto a case.

I know a few of my cases have used various grills and scoops and they have been seen before but looking around they are becoming quite a noticeable feature in my cases and on this one essential........plus i'm proud of em tbh so no apologies for using them again

I'm starting to have second thoughts about giving this one away but i did say the next one made would be first prize in the next CC competition and rest assured once finished this one will be up for grabs

Anyway, a hell of a long way to go but may as well make a start with a prod log - starting off with a slightly second hand Stacker with standard circular grill window..........and again using Metro bonnet grills as used on the Sound+Vision but this time i cut a bit more away from the grill and mounted them the other way round which is much more in keeping with the actual Yamaha bike grills.

This time i kept the standard vent mounting bolts and used them to fastened the vents to the side panel before mixing up some body filler and filling in the gaps

Looks like there isn't much done but its all a bit time consuming waiting for filler and paint to dry and rubbing down with all the various grit wet n'dry so hopefully should be a bit further on and have some better pictures next time.

Primer went on nice so can't wait to start masking this thing up and getting some colour on.

Apologies for the rant..........some pictures....

OK, i spoke to a couple of painters for advice on how to lay the three colours on and both came up with different options so i got to admit i was a bit confused to say the least which colour to start with and given the yellow was £47 per Ltr i really really didn't want to get this wrong but knew i had to make a start somewhere so just went with what i thought best at the end of the day so i hope i don't get grief off the proper painters out there:S

I just had to see what the yellow looked like so decided to lay that on first and 4 coats later it looked nice.

I also decided to try something a bit different with the window this time and hopefully try to carry the white blocks through the window which should and i say should because i've no clue if this will work or not but hopefully the white blocks should carry through the window once the balck film is applied...............but hey who knows!

Waiting for paint to dry and masking up is taking a lot longer than anticipated so i got to apologise that its not taking shape as quick as i'd of liked plus i'm waiting on graphics and a other bits and bobs turning up but i'm trying my best.

Anyway on with some pictures which although doesn't look much its taken best part of 3 days as i'm basically learning as i go here but having great fun!

Got the window fitted :smile:

Reversed the white blocks onto the back of the window and masked them out and gave it a quick flash of white paint.

Applied the black out film to the reverse side and did a test fit to see how things line up.

Still got more graphics to go on but so far so good

Small update..............this masking and painting malarkey takes bloomin ages:S

Anyway got a Yamaha petrol tank filler cap off eBay this morning and no prizes at guessing where that's going to be fitted

I just got to work out how to mount a fill port into it then mount the whole lot to the top of the case which isn't as easy as it sounds as i'm finding the hard way

Today's pictures........

A fiddly job if ever i done one.........basically had to chop most of the actual filler cap insides away and then had to make some sort of mount for it to fit on top of the case as the diameter of the overall cap wasn't big enough to cover the standard 80mm cut out of the case plus i had to fit a Danger Den Fill Port to the whole thing :sad:

After a lot of cutting, bashing, grinding, gluing, masking and painting......

Unfortunately not really got a lot to offer tonight other than all the boring stuff like stripping and washing the case down ready for primer and getting the filler cap to actually fit before the top gets a couple of coats of primer.

Oh yeah managed to get some chrome wheels ordered.

Been a long long day as we have a work experience guy here which is meant to lighten the load but.........well i'll not go there

I did manage to get the custom plate stuck down followed by car filler then wet sanded ready for primer along with getting other bits primed and painted.

I had a heat lamp fitted to the shed which speeds the drying time up considerably but is still a lengthy process as i was wet sanding between each coat with 2000 grit just to keep everything smooth.

Next job is to chop and mod the second vent then get it mounted to the other side panel and then start trying to mask and match the blocks which is going to take time but everything seems to be looking good so far.

I'm taken back with all the positive comments and feedback so a BIG thanks, its greatly appreciated.

Progress today........

Got a bit more done but again it doesn't really look like much as the masking is really time consuming on top of having to wait for paint to dry but i'm a lot further on than what i was at the start of the day

Carried the black blocks and white stripes through onto the front down things which looks a lot better and i actually managed to match them up pretty good

Also made a start on the other side panel with a couple of coats of primer then the first coat of yellow............so all in all a pretty productive day and now time for a few beers.

Drilled out all the rivets on the rest of the case and got all the parts primed and painted and as previously suggested, rather than paint it all one colour decided to paint it a mixture of all three so it should look a bit more interesting with the side off.

Also got a set of Lain Li wheels which i've temporarily stuck on with double sided tape until i see how the radiator is going to fit but already look a bit better than the stock ones

A great bit of advice i was given ages ago - measure twice, cut once has definitely come in good on this one.........took me ages to mask up but i managed to get it almost totally symmetrical on both sides and the blocks and stripes are practically exact so i'm quite pleased with that.

Before i start riveting it all back together i'm going to have a word with the body shop and see if its worth getting the whole lot clear coated as i presume it would be easier to do while all the parts aren't in one bit but i'll see what they say.

Still got a few other bits to be getting on with but this is the progress to date............

Sorry to keep boring people with this one but i just can't seem to decide whether to add a few more graphics as it sometimes looks a bit plain but don't want to go over board as i like the clean lines but i need to make a decision before it goes for clear coat.

I'm still not 100% where i'm mounting the rad yet and going to have a bit pre fit with a Black Ice GTX in the front to see if i can make a feature out of it but i just can't make my mind up at present so i'm going to leave as is for the time being and go back with a fresh set of eyes.

BTW i didn't like the white pinstripe on the top thing so repainted it yellow but i'm still undecided to try a black stripe

Decided to do a bit with the fans while waiting on a few bits coming.

Took a couple of Yate Loons which seem to be the fan of choice these days plus they are cheap as chips as i wasn't real certain how this would turn out.

Used Pete's "how to guide" to dismantle the fans and gave them a coat of Plastic Primer which is clear but gives the paint a good key and then sprayed the fan bits all white while the frames got the yellow treatment.

When the white was dry, masked off the edges of each blade with thin line masking tape and hit the exposed bits with black.

I got a couple of genuine Yamaha tuning fork logos to go in the centres followed by a coat of clear coat and that's another job jobbed

Nearly forgot to post an update:o

Got all the tins back from the body shop after being clear coated which is absolutely outstanding as it is but the guy that did it is even coming to my house tomorrow night to give the top and sides a final machine polish which i'll see if i can get some pictures of if he doesn't mind.

In the mean time i started riveting most of the chassis back together and tried to take some pictures of the new shininess

I ordered a braided Antec Quattro 850 from Performance PC's (cheers for the link) but if it doesn't get here in time then i'll go with an Enermax EG851-AX-VH 660W which i have here.

Most of the case has been machine polished now which looks like glass so can't let a few minor hic-ups hold things up

Got the HWLabs GTX to fit just nice and all the hose looks as good as its going to get so i'm pretty happy with that and also got the fans clear coated and installed.

Used a double plexi res top and the system literally bled in minutes so that was a success

All i got to do now (apart from wait for the PSU) is try and get the liquid colour to resemble the case yellow which is going to be fun...........not!

On a serious note though we are leaving Friday to Donnington Park for the Moto GPs where the main man is so we'll see what comes of that li'l trip

Anyway some pictures of the trip...

Yeah there is a few things that need sorting like the water colour and oh yeah, a PSU would be nice:sad:

Anyway, couldn't resist getting a couple of pictures next to the real thing............well sort of

Got some wires in at last and everything seems to be running spot on so far

System Spec:
    Tyan Tiger K8WE S2877ANRF
    2x AMD Opteron 265 dual core SKT 940 Retail (1.8Ghz-0.9nm-2Mb)
    4x 512GB OCZ 3200 EL DDR ECC Reg / Dual Channel
    Gainwards 8800GTX Ultra Golden Sample
    Antec 850 True Power Quattro PSU
    2x 74GB Raptors

Watercooling:
    2x Danger Den TDX A64 Blocks
    Danger Den NV8800 Block
    Danger Den Hard Drive Block
    Laing DDC 10watt - Alphacool Dual Plexi Res
    HWLabs Custom Made GTX X-Flow
    2x Yate Loon D12SL-12
    Tygon Hose
    Fesser One Liquid

Just added the YAMAHA Stacker to you-tube

Took nearly as long to make the vid as it did to make the case

clicky image to play

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol i remember this from the coolermaster forums from way back btw thanks for letting me *steal* the lower fan grill idea ( the 2 80mm's)
    CPU Q6600 @ 3.15Ghz D-tek CPU Block
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R 350Mhz FSB
    RAM G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK DDR2 1066
    GPU Nvidia 8800GT MCW-60 700Mhz Core 1.0 GHz Mem
    PSU Cooler Master realPower 550W
    Storage 3 500 GB WD Caviar SE16 in RAID 0 + 300gb WD
    Misc. CM stacker STC-T01 w/ Cross-flow fan, 2 MCR-320 Rads, DCC 355 W/ Petras Top, 12 YateLoon D12SL-12, ~12ft Tygon 9/16 ID tubing

Crunching for [XS]

Hamster Powered
    You sir do the finest work that I have ever seen!

To call you an artist would be an understatement.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    now thats my kinda case (Yamaha) although im not a huge yellow fan.

You have Mad paint skillz, it looks really clean.
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Xtreme Addict
    Wow, nice attention to extreme detail. I love how the fans are painted along with everything else of course. Extremely nice job. I really like the gas cap fill port, great idea.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Probably my favorite case youve done. Great work!

Xtreme Addict
    I thought this was an old project. No?

My Custom Pressure/Temperature Charts for Various Refrigerants

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Lian Li Cube Case with Phase and Water DONE!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    It is. Hes reposting them all? Check post 3 in the Subaru thread.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TopherTony View Post
    I thought this was an old project. No?
    Very old - sorry man, not my fault

[Edit] Cheers Polizei

Xtreme Cruncher
    Got your back.

Xtreme Mentor
    Excellent work! That is amazing!

Xtreme Member
    Beautiful work! love the theme, craftsmanship everything! soo much detail!

Banned
    Great case mod as usual I wish I'm as good as you with the paint job so I can paint mine.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you my man have skillz!!!
    Q6600 L723A (400 x9)
    Evga 780i P02
    G.skill 8 GB
    Evga GTX 280
    Raptor X (3) 150's Raid 0
    Targen BZ 1100w
    Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Xclio

Xtreme Addict
    LOL cheers

Nearly forgot to post the finished case + matching keyboard and mouse

Awesome work mate, the best case I've ever seen.
    Now if you could make a green one, I bet it will make for even higher overclock.

-100C Club Member
    The quality of your work is totally amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

Xtreme Addict
    WOW, high praise indeed, thanks very much guys

I understand the theme or colour is not to everyone’s liking but nevertheless its a huge commitment to do a show case like this which isn't just a quick powder coat and you done type of thing so its nice to know the work and effort is appreciated

My Fave Bike livery of all time, I remember Roberts rideing a 680cc square 4 bike at Daytona in this livery and i have loved it ever since..

Truly outstanding work m8

Xtreme Addict
    Beautiful!

This must've cost a small fortune.. but very nice.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

Xtreme Addict
    What did you use to lay the base paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....

Xtreme Addict
    You know, I must say, you're one of my favorite modders of all time, mostly cause the end result looks like it was factory. If only I could achieve that...

Wow! I absolutely love the 50th anniversary Yami theme ... I ride MX, and nearly bought a 50th anniversary YZ450f when it came out, but I had to settle for a plain blue one. Regretted it every since.

I don't think I would want it on my desk though. The winters are far too long up here, and I have a hard enough time waiting until Spring to ride again without being constantly reminded every time I want to check my email!

Kidding asside - awesome job - clean, professional, and best of all it's a Yamaha!
    - P5B Dlx Wifi - C2D 6400 @1.45v 8*400mhz - Corsair 6400C4 4Gb - EVGA 8800GT SC - 1.25TB HDDs - OCZ Gamexstream 700W - Viewsonic VX2025WM -

Very nice work

Pure Epic Win.

I am a huge Doctor fan, and I have to say that this case scheme cannot stop me from smiling!

Awesome,

Bryan D.
    Manufacture Consent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast