Thread: E8500 preorder prices (uk)

E8500 preorder prices (uk)

Just looking around a few online shops for some new fans and i saw the new wolfdale chips are available to preorder.
    One shop has them listed but not available to order yet (Advancetec.co.uk)
    ^ ^ has them at £116.00 (£136 + vat) and the other (Overclockers.co.uk which is allowing preorder) has them at £173.99 (£204.44 +vat).
    Both above are prices on retail chips.

Which is the more likelier price when they are released.
    Intel Core 2 E8400 Q750A @ Testing
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R
    Crucial Ballistix Pc8500/Corsair Dominator Pc8500 @ ?
    BFG 8800GT OC
    CM Stacker 810-T01
    Swiftech Apogee watercooled

Hot Chip

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i think the retail will be around the same as the 6850s overclockers uk will have them higher priced initially ( i got maximus extreme ) on day of release and within a few days other etailers had the for 30 quid less i think the normal retail wil be around 140-145 plus vat

Xtreme Member
    Damn, never been to "Advancetec.co.uk" But £136.30 inc.vat for the e8500, seriously if you could pre-order that id buy 3+, That's almost free that price.

Can't be that cheap surely, if people say it's 235 euro's that's almost 180 pound (e8500).
    Id say wait the extra day or two for dabs.com, scan.co.uk or komplett.co.uk to get it in.
    Last edited by fiskov; 01-14-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It not unusual for on-line shops to advertise an out of stock item at too good to be true prices.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OcUK will charge more than a majority of places.

Best wait a few weeks or even a month & use http://www.google.co.uk/products (Froogle - UK)
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB @ 1784/4004MHz Corsair HX 750 PSU
    Samsung 830 256GB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
    NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Fractal Design Define S Win 7/10 64bit

naokaji
    Quote Originally Posted by GazC View Post
    It not unusual for on-line shops to advertise an out of stock item at too good to be true prices.
    or in other cases (like ocuk) at skyhigh prices to cash in on being among the first to have it listed......

too bad scan uses city link for delivery which makes the whole shop a no go if you dont live in mainland uk.

Xtreme Member
    subscribed!
    please keep this thread updated for best E8xx and Q9xx deals!

ps. fiskov i live in brighton as well (if you need to change/swap hardware for fun tell me! I need a dual core for >4ghz! I own a E6300 which tops@3.6)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    or in other cases (like ocuk) at skyhigh prices to cash in on being among the first to have it listed......

too bad scan uses city link for delivery which makes the whole shop a no go if you dont live in mainland uk.
    I live about 12 miles from Scan

tylink are crap aren't they?

Agreed, price gouging isn't unusual either, especially amongst certain less reputable retailers *cough*
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Tekheads has the Q9xxx on pre order, no E8xxx yet

QX9770 £819 (£962.33)
    QX9650 £549.99 (646.24) - all ready out i know
    Q9450 £190 (£224)
    Q9550 £314 (£369)
    Intel Core 2 E8400 Q750A @ Testing
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R
    Crucial Ballistix Pc8500/Corsair Dominator Pc8500 @ ?
    BFG 8800GT OC
    CM Stacker 810-T01
    Swiftech Apogee watercooled

Hot Chip

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by GazC View Post
    I live about 12 miles from Scan

tylink are crap aren't they?

Yes, they are. A while ago they could not find my house even though I live on an A road going into a town from the M25 so I sent them a streetmap.co.uk map. They failed to deliver it twice because "they had new drivers". All drivers need to do is be able to drive, read a map and be able to carry a box ..something Citylink drivers are incapable of.

Another time I went to collect it from the depot as agreed but they sent it out on the van again, I went home to find they had not delivered it for some reason and then I had to go back to the f**king depot again.

Scan are ok but I only use them as last resort due to Citylink. Komplett are better with Parcel Force as are Amazon for general stuff.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Scan have now got them in, E8400 at £130 and E8500 at £183 or so.

Waiting for Komplett to give a similar indication of price.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i have pre ordered an e8500 off scan but delivery is delayed to 25th jan due to availability don't know whether it be the same at other etailers