Thread: Palit / Xpertvision 8600GT new layout? how2vmod?

Palit / Xpertvision 8600GT new layout? how2vmod?

Hey guys, i heard here would be a great place to ask for my problem.
    so i start the asking here
    I bought a new Palit/Xpertvision 8600GT so it was a great step for me and my old 6600gt (even Vmodded )
    I've read before about those Vmods,.. so i was supposed i could do them too,
    so now my problem ,.. EVERY how2 and guide i've found was not for my Layout,.. it seems it is the newest 8600 layout,..I need a vmod,.. but don't know how to find the right resistor or pin of IC i have to "ground" to increase Volts..
    please help me

here some pics of my card:

i hope you can help me,..
    mfg Cha0s from in' germany

EDIT:
    Voltage Setting via bios editor for example don't work you just can undervolt ,..since the geforce 8xxx series it isnt possible to power up the volts ,.. so it seems

even some tips to look out for mods for 8500GT oder 7600GT did not give an answer
    Last edited by Cha0s; 11-09-2007 at 03:21 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    The stickers on the backside, are there any chips under them?
    You were not supposed to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by largon View Post
    The stickers on the backside, are there any chips under them?
    No Chips, but a few resistors without any description -.-
    MÖP!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What does it say on these?

Q9550 || DFI P45 Jr || 4x 2G generic ram || 4870X2 || Aerocool M40 case || 3TB storage

And that!!!If you notice the lines they go directly to the gpu!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00070.JPG 
Views:	916 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	66988  
    Last edited by hvtecgr; 11-10-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Ford took an NSX , cut it in the middle , examined it with a microscope , to admit that they can ' t built anything like that !

thx for your interest and try to help i will now look for them and write it down here in a fe minutes
    MÖP!!!

plus this:

thx for reply
    MÖP!!!

The mods must be done on the rt9259A!!!You must add a 10k vr Between pin4 and gnd!!!But i don't know the exact values and which one regulates the gpu and which one the mem cause palit used the same ic for both of them!!Someone with the same card may help????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ford took an NSX , cut it in the middle , examined it with a microscope , to admit that they can ' t built anything like that !

ok thx a lot, i found something here: but its the 8500 not the 8600

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    MÖP!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No, you have to measure the resistance between FB and ground, and solder a variable resistor ~20 times that. Set to MAX resistance before you solder.

The RT9259A at the back of the card is for Vgpu and the RT9259A at the front of the card is for Vmem
    Q9550 || DFI P45 Jr || 4x 2G generic ram || 4870X2 || Aerocool M40 case || 3TB storage

Quote Originally Posted by oohms View Post
    No, you have to measure the resistance between FB and ground, and solder a variable resistor ~20 times that. Set to MAX resistance before you solder.

The RT9259A at the back of the card is for Vgpu and the RT9259A at the front of the card is for Vmem
    I saw somewhere another videocard with the same ic having 475 ohms!!So i believe 10k vr is good!!But this was from another card thats why i told that im not sure about the values!!!

about this are the other vmod @ 8600gt too.
    about 10kOhms
    MÖP!!!

This is an awesome post, I have been searching for info on the xpertvision volt mod for a 8600gt.Im curious what extra heat output the voltage will do? and what speeds are acheivable?

We are thinking of hacking up an older P4 style cooler (cutting it down to fit and putting bolt mounting holes etc) would this be able to cope with the extra heat output or can the the stock sink handle it, or go for one of the really expensive after market coolers. (i think that defeats the purpose of overclocking it, if you going to be spending half the price of the card on cooling just get the higher model)
    Drive it like you stole it

Ah!

I had to figure out this vmod, for a friend who bought this card. So if i can remeber well here's what you have to do. Very simple

This is for your Gpu voltage

And this is mem

Temp are going up a lot with stock cooler, be careful!

Hello!
    I've noticed that my Palit 7300GT Sonic is on the same PCB as that 8600GT from photos in this topic:

And I've shaded that resistor (SR26) for Gpu voltage and could you tell me where can I measure Gpu Voltage. I've tried on the back side of one of the coils but there is no difference in voltage before and after the mod.
    Does this Pencil mod works on your cards?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks!
    I've tried this mod and it really works.
    If you want to increase V Gpu you have to shade SR26 resistor (it was marked on Niccolò's photo). And then you measure voltage on the back side of one of the coils that RampageTweaker mentioned.
    Let it be for the next generation of OCers