Thread: AMD Phenoms X4 ... no high-end, only mainstream?

Banned

AMD Phenoms X4 ... no high-end, only mainstream?

I got today some info from AMD insider ... and they told me about first Phenoms X4 ... That chips will not be a high-end! But only mainstream with good price ... (like a HD2900XT was at launch) ...

Performance of first Phenoms are not ultra high-end, but only competitive to mainstream Intel Quad Cores ... i think this info is sadly true ...

PS. This is not official announcement ... only some speculation, but from very trustable source.

Banned
    as long as they get something out they are fine, OEM could care less about overclocking (how sad that may be).

Let us all go insane for this great new that they will actually have something on the market

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OBR View Post
    I got today some info from AMD insider ... and they told me about first Phenoms X4 ... That chips will not be a high-end! But only mainstream with good price ... (like a HD2900XT was at launch) ...

Performance of first Phenoms are not ultra high-end, but only competitive to mainstream Intel Quad Cores ... i think this info is sadly true ...

PS. This is not official announcement ... only some speculation, but from very trustable source.
    So we're looking at 2.6ghz (2.9 oc'ed) Phenoms in late November?

Anything about 4x4 (2P) desktop m/b's ?

Xtreme Member
    Im just looking for a chip that will be equal or better to the Q9450. I hope Phenom will be able to compete with it at ~2,6 GHz
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 rev 1,0| AMD FX-8120@?| Corsair H100| 2x4 GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 PC15000 9-11-9-27| 2*Powercolor Radeon HD6970 2048MB @ Crossfire| 3*NEC MultiSync EA231WMi 23" Monitorer @ Eyefinity| OCZ Vertex 3 60 GB| 2*Intel 80GB X25-M G2 @ RAID0| Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000W| Cooler Master ATCS 840|

Xtreme Mentor
    As long as it can give them a strong performance in the market, they should be fine.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

YouTube Addict
    they are coming after the OEM market with vengeance
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    i see...yes..it makes sens...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think at this point, we all just want some desktop stuff to come out already.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    *Announcer guy from horror movies voice*

This Holiday season, when people are looking to buy PCs, they have no idea what's in store for them. AMD WITH A VENGEANCE!

It's bad when a CPU maker pissed off, but even worse when they are coming with a VENGEANCE.

Rated R for intense OEM domination.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Live Long And Overclock
    I heard Dave Orton is coming back to AMD too, some insider AMD guy told me SHHHH.

X( You gentlemen are as gullible as 2 year olds.

CLOSED

Perkam