Thread: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Stability issues nonOC

Angry Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Stability issues nonOC

Hello People,

I am having some stability problems with my Gigabyte IP35 DQ6 mobo (GA-P35-DQ6). I just cannot get the system stable on standard settings.

I have all the BIOS settings in the M.I.T section set to default / standard including the RAM timings set to SPD. Only change I am really doing is the RAM voltage set to 2.4 or +-.50 and nothing else. The vcore for the CPU is set to 1.4v in the bios and actual in vista is 1.3x. I disabled all the power management stuff like TM2, etc and that made no difference. In the MIT screen the ‘Memory Freq )Mhz) reads 1066 1066.

The spec’s of the PC are:

CPU: QX6800 (Quad)
    Mobo: Gigabyte P35 DQ6 F4 BIOS
    Cooling: Thermalright 120 Extreme
    RAM: Corsair Dominator PC8888 2x 1GB DDR2 (with cooling fans)
    PSU: Enermax 1Kw
    GPU: 8800Ultra
    HDDs: 2x 150GB Raptors Intel Raid, 2x 1Tb Hitachi, 3x Samsung 500GB

I am really starting to lose patience with this mobo. I’ve never had too many problems getting a system stable on non-OC settings before and one that did give me problems were replaced (and never bough that vendors mobo’s again) pretty quickly.

Can someone please post up what settings I should enter for default/standard non-OCed settings please?

I am giving myself until Tuesday night to get it all stable or I am so getting a different mobo.

I’ve messed around with settings, etc and still its stable for a few hours and then the PC just freezes and I’ve systematically removed all my HDDs thinking once of them could be causing the problem but I don’t think they are. Even with just the raid 0 HDDs it was still happening ruling out almost all the HDDs.

I’ve read the other threads of people OCing the mobo with awesome results…having enough problems getting it stable…which is so not fun.

Xtreme Cruncher
    try one stick of ram at a time? maybe one of them is faulty?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memtest + and ortho was prime stable for 3 hours currently while 3dMark06 was doing a continuous loop (v1.1.0). Actually I have the dimms in socket 2/4 on the mobo, when I get home 2night I will swap it to 1/3 and see if that makes a change. I still think its my BIOS settings causing problems. Just have a feeling the BIOS needs certain settings and everything will become stable.

Anyways...I'll give that a shot and take it from there. Anyone else got any recommendations please?

Sry for dposting. OK so I kinda nailed it. I have managed to get the system prime stable for 9hours flat out (which is good enough for me...2 instances with each app on 2 cores).

OK, so the problem (s) was a combination of stuff. First the BIOS settings needed to keyed in manually for ALL of them and tweaked slighly aboved the norm. For example the system would not be stable unless I gave the PCI-e 102Mhz. The RAM is currently on 4-4-4-12@2.5v (need to turn this down to +0.50 to get 2.38 or 2.35 under load). Vcore was nailed at 1.34v. I also turned off all the C1E, etc with zero power management stuff on. While playing I got the feeling that the mobo did not like one of my HDDs so I started removing them one by one. Eventually found out it was the one of 1Tb Hitachi's causing the PC to crash after an hour or so. I connected the HD via my PCI-e controller but same thing so I am going to take it out and connect it via external USB and see how that goes...probably do that over the weekend. Just to prove to myself it was not just the HD I set the settings back to my old ones (F11 profile) and like clock work the PC went down wihout the 1Tb connected. So totally BIOS and HD issue.

Ah I did get time to run 8x365 with everything else on my stable settings but did not get enough time to tweak it a bit more.

This weekend I am putting in my 2 antec spot coolers and pointing them at the whole chipset heatsinks or crazy kool stuff and bring the temps down a bit.

Oh and accidentally I booted up at 3.7Ghz on default vcore and was running prime untill I noticed the cpu speed...and the temps were kind of WAY high but nonetheless...I know the CPU can go pretty high for me.

Can someone tell me where I can find the thread with OCing reviews, etc of this mobo? Lost my bookmark for it.

Oh and so not replacing this mobo...spent soooo much time learning it so now totally gonna keep it until X38 shows up...at least :-)

Oh and GrayMole....we totally love u!!!

Edit: Junking this mobo...unstable and I have no confidence in it. Might be great for some people but I did manage to get the SLI-DR stable after that a bios with almost no options is just not stable....back to 680 I go.
    Last edited by JenBell; 07-05-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Update....