Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Thread: RD600 first look and general questions

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe where you live..

Zipzoomfly is free, or optional $1.99 2nd day shipping, not sure if you can beat that.
    Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.0 - Load @ 32c°| Gigabyte P35 DS3P | 2gb Crucial Ballistix Pc2-8500| eVGA 8800GTX| X-fi Fatal1ty | OCZ GameXStream 600w | Custom Watercooled | Custom-built Case

Dtek Fuzion | DD Maze4 Acetal | Swiftech MCR-320 | DD D5

3dMark01 3dMark05 3dMark06 Aq3 SuperPi

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I don't beleive in passive cooling.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by erwinz
    wow.. NDA is up.. 511 fsb is really promising.. hope 9x500 works wahahaha.. i'm realy bothered with the high chipset temps and only 100 pcs... waaaaa... I'll wait for my distributor for this..

thanks sir Tony

thats 511x7 and i dont call that promising at all, its the same stuff all the other boards do.

and it needs to be able to handle 6600 and higher better than alot of boards do. the 4meg cache cpu's are getting killed when it comes to overclocking on lower multi's.,
    its gotta be able to wow people, and make people want it for its power not just cuz its been the largest piece of hyped vaporware ever seen.

and it aint real til it hits store shelves. and neither are any of these benchmarks. if it aint done on a retail board it dont mean jack. and most of you know this if you've been around here over the last year and seen all the sample boards just perform light years better than their retail counterparts.

i sure hope gary has a retail board and not a pre-retail sample.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    thats 511x7 and i dont call that promising at all, its the same stuff all the other boards do.

and it needs to be able to handle 6600 and higher better than alot of boards do. the 4meg cache cpu's are getting killed when it comes to overclocking on lower multi's.,
    its gotta be able to wow people, and make people want it for its power not just cuz its been the largest piece of hyped vaporware ever seen.

and it aint real til it hits store shelves. and neither are any of these benchmarks. if it aint done on a retail board it dont mean jack. and most of you know this if you've been around here over the last year and seen all the sample boards just perform light years better than their retail counterparts.

Overall you would generally be right in your statements. But this is Tony, not some marketing guru pretending to be an overclocking guru. He would not raise our hopes, empty our wallets and then say "ooops, sorry, guess my board was special?". Not what he does.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

the jedi master

Its final PCB revision, in full retail box, but yes was supplied by DFI to me last week.

If my cpu would do 511x8 the board would do it, fact is 3.8GHZ is all this 6400 will do so im kinda limited by that. Also remember you are not limited to certain ram ratio's like on an Intel board, so clocking is different...you just need to pick a higher multi CPU and work within the boards limits.

Also lets not forget, i975 is FASTER than i965 even though the i965 does higher FSB's....you again just have a cpu with a higher multi.

Finally Gary has a retail board, his came from the final production run as did mine, but mine is pre used by DFI engineering.

If needed I will measure all voltages on this board to see if they are close to what i see in bios...really though I do not doubt the board as the voltage options are nothing short of incredible.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Addict
    who cares about overclocking with low multi, after ddr2 800 1:1 the fsb is pointless anyway, and I prefer 975 anyway.
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Xtreme Addict
    Tony, if it hasn't been said enough, thank you for all the info and responses. I know some of us came make some pretty bold or silly statements from pure speculation. It's nice that you correct us and point us in the right direction professionally.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

HACKED!!!

So sorry mR. Tony...

atchoo didn't get no brandmespanking new board like I got...did you get the mauve manual? Hehehehe. I been caressing and talking sweet to mine so she mat do pretty goot...you english folks is sumtime to rough speeking tuh yore shett...hehehe.

RGone...
    Back and forth from board to board it seems.

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by RGone
    atchoo didn't get no brandmespanking new board like I got...did you get the mauve manual? Hehehehe. I been caressing and talking sweet to mine so she mat do pretty goot...you english folks is sumtime to rough speeking tuh yore shett...hehehe.

RGone...

WHAT????? LOL
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Addict
    Tony, can you show us pictures of the board in action, or does it interfere with the review sites?
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Member
    Tony,

First: Thanks, I love the bios pics!

...It sounds like you're saying that it has lower mem bw per clock than the 975X?

You say that the chipset is hot. But it's much cooler than the i680 right? Do you have a killawatt or UPS to measure with?

Last but not least... Now when the nda is up, how is that Promise ctrl:er connected?

Thanks for posting so often.
    AMD Phenom II 940BE | DFI LP DK790B-M2RS | Echo audio Layla 3G | 8GB Corsair C5 PC6400 | Sapphire HD3870 with HR-03+ | Genelec 8030A | Samsung 244T | Antec P182 gun metal | Thermal right Ultra120 | UPS: APC BACK-UPS RS 1500VA | Windows Vista Ultimate 64 | DAW: Ableton/Sonar | WAN: 100/10Mbit/s | OS on: WD Velocioraptor Storage: Rocket Raid 2300 PCI-E + 4*400GB Samsung T133 @Raid5. Firewall: Tyan Tomcat 945GM | Core Duo T2600 | 2*512MB ram | Nexus PM PSM-5000 | Picu PSU.

"People who enjoy waving flags
    don't deserve to have one".

the little vdrop in this MB is wat i'm looking for. as for the FSB wise, as long as is over 450 i'm happy with it ..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    Tony,

First: Thanks, I love the bios pics!

...It sounds like you're saying that it has lower mem bw per clock than the 975X?

You say that the chipset is hot. But it's much cooler than the i680 right? Do you have a killawatt or UPS to measure with?

Last but not least... Now when the nda is up, how is that Promise ctrl:er connected?

Thanks for posting so often.

I'm also interested on how the promise controller is connected.. I really want a balance system.. 500fsb is enough fo me, memory async overclocking is a plus.. and faster I/O for the hard disk would mean a balance system for me..

thanks tony for sharing hope you can answer our question when you have time..

Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

I am Xtreme
    i think its realy cool that you can adjust PLL voltage.

wonder if it does anything.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RGone

RGone...
    you been taking Snoop Dog classes?
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    That SLI news is really good. Gaming/3D performance is all really care about. I'm not much of a Pi cruncher, but I am concerned with the orthos stability issue. Hopefully it will get worked out and not be like my Abit AW9D-Max.

I don't remember Gary having 2 7900's so who tested hacked drivers for SLI on this board?

I'm looking forward to grabbing one of these Friday, even if the cost is outrageous
    I have four 7900GTXs..... and two of them clock like no tomorrow, well at least on this board.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by erwinz
    I'm also interested on how the promise controller is connected.. I really want a balance system.. 500fsb is enough fo me, memory async overclocking is a plus.. and faster I/O for the hard disk would mean a balance system for me..

thanks tony for sharing hope you can answer our question when you have time..

The Promise controller is on the PCI bus. I am running RAID tests on it tonight but none of the HDTach stuff, iPEAK all the way.

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    i think its realy cool that you can adjust PLL voltage.

wonder if it does anything.
    Why else would they have it?
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

So lets just say I wasn't as "extreme" as everyone else here. Would it benefit me to get this board over a 975 board if I had DDR2 533 because of the async. memory features?
    Pentium D 805 @ 3.8Ghz
    2048mb DDR2 533 @ 3-3-3-8
    PCIe X1900XT (700/800)
    Audigy 2 ZS

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    Why else would they have it?
    just for the hell of it maybe

how many voltage options actually impact performance in any way >>> not very many
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Addict
    Ya all the 975 boards are putting down 511 fsb :|

NO THEY ARE NOT!, Get a GOOD E6600! Freecableguy ran 520*7 on the cpu that I sold him in my Sig, once you get a good Xeon, there is no going back to that Allendale crap or normal E6600/E6700/X6800s.

I will put my L628B Xeon 3060 up against anyone here's E6600ES or X6800. Alot of the E6600s are crappy and cannot even do 3.7 and that is the problem.

Yes it will wow people

I am sure the DFI board is not going to be slow, but it might be buggy, like my AMD DFI CFX3200

For the last time!

4 meg cache chips do overclock as well as 2 meg ones, just normal E6600s blow
    Last edited by fhpchris; 12-11-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris
    Alot of the E6600s are crappy and cannot even do 3.7 and that is the problem.
    What kinda of BS is this? What do ya want from a 2.4 spec chip?

It's amazing how much reality has slipped away from so many....
    Asus P8P67-M Pro - Bios 413
    i7-2600K LO41C106
    Cooler Master V8 - Antec 180 Mini
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    Sissy OC - 4.6 @ 1.3175 24/7 | 18' Idle - 55' Load
    Windows 7 MS Is Getting Better...

Personal Site!

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdoc1
    What kinda of BS is this? What do ya want from a 2.4 spec chip?

It's amazing how much reality has slipped away from so many....
    he is talking in relative and NOT literal terms
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    he is talking in relative and NOT literal terms
    I understand, but ya buy a remarked 6600, spend an extra $12.00 because the box label says Xeon, and get sucked into believing you have bragging rights... No wonder I haven't posted here for months... (Nothing personal dinos)

Regards-
    Asus P8P67-M Pro - Bios 413
    i7-2600K LO41C106
    Cooler Master V8 - Antec 180 Mini
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    Sissy OC - 4.6 @ 1.3175 24/7 | 18' Idle - 55' Load
    Windows 7 MS Is Getting Better...

Personal Site!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13
    The Promise controller is on the PCI bus. I am running RAID tests on it tonight but none of the HDTach stuff, iPEAK all the way.

thanks for your answer.. looking forward for your result.. I hope the sata controller on the DFI RD600 rival or just be equal with the performance of the Intel Raid Matrix

Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdoc1
    I understand, but ya buy a remarked 6600, spend an extra $12.00 because the box label says Xeon, and get sucked into believing you have bragging rights... No wonder I haven't posted here for months... (Nothing personal dinos)

Regards-
    but there is a difference between Xeons and retail conroes
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast