Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCMark Vantage and PCMark 05 world records

PIfection

PCMark Vantage and PCMark 05 world records

lately there has been some, 1 run 1 score type threads, let me tell you this is definatly not 1 run 1 score, and im not going to front, im not warming up either, im definatly warm, and im doing my best hah..

PLATFORM:
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R w/ gulfy 980X
    MSI Lightning 5870 GPU
    Corsair GTX2 rams
    Corsair FORCE sandforce SSDs
    Areca 1280ML raid controller
    ANS ACARD 9010
    Western Digital Velicoraptors sata3 600GB
    GTX280 for XP pcmark05

I have so much respect for guys like SteveRo, MikeGuava, CptPlanet and even my team mate Dino. This platform is extremely difficult to bench and to get any good score on it you really need to know you stuff, not only that, put in a big effort in learning the bench to maximize your performance.

Even when you get it right, these big raid0 arrays can let you down easily, so have your image and your ghost bootable usb handy!

NO TWEAKS here, if you want to try and pick apart my benches, please do it, nothing to hide in my benches

Taking a look at the platform,

The Gigabyte UD3R is a really nice little board. I picked this board because it is what I need for this bench, offering all the functionality of a UD9 (of course with not as many PCIE slots) and not a huge amount going on with the board. This is important when there is so much going on with the raid array and the rest of the setup.

The MSI Lightning 5870 is a considerable jump over all the stock 5870s I have tried, this GPU goes to 1040MHz Vantage stable on stock cooling and is happy to push way past 1400 MHz on LN2, an outstanding GPU.

Corsair GTX2 ram, this is the kit I rely on to pull out the big numbers. I am not even pushing it on this occasion, 1070 at 7-7-7 would be a breeze for future runs I do.

Areca 1280ML is a legendary raid controller, it is unpeered in all the benchmarks we play with, and has been for years. I have tried raid controllers from 3 other vendors and my scores can no touch this raid controller. If you want to win at pcmark, you need ARECA.

Corsair Force SSDs, wow these SSD have some power in them. Dino prove that a pcmark vantage score is possible with them, and we already know with the right configuration they kick ass at pcmark05 also

Of course I always use my WD Velicoraptor as my bench drive, it is fast, stable, 600GB lets me run many OS variations and it can handle higher PCIE than when I use SSD.

Oh just a few quick tips, pcmark vantage, make sure your benching drive has enough free space like 3GB+ or the bench might not run. PCMARK Vantage I run on server 2008 R2, you need to enable desktop experience this gives you windows mail and media player.. or bench wont run. I find for pcm05 that w7 64 is better because it gives a more consistent memory latency especially, or else it goes up and down a bit when pushing the rams... 4k stripe size on the pcmv and PUSH your pcie as hard as you can...

Here are of course the scores!

39k PCMark Vantage
    39k futuremark valid

144k HDD score

35K PCMARK05
    35k futuremark valid

29K PCM05 on XP - my score for ORB as it only allows XP

Now for some photos, this is the best part of this platform, the EPIC look!

full tilt

the lightning ready to go

my warm up rig with the new heatsink from zero infinity, more of this soon

Last edited by youngpro; 09-18-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Brilliant Idiot
    sick setup man.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Nice Hardware!!!

I tried to read it trough.. but PCmark is just so boring
    You are as good as your samples are!

PIfection
    sf3d 1
    pro 0

i can dig your comment though petri, for me all 3dmark except 3d01 is very boring
    Last edited by youngpro; 09-18-2010 at 04:21 AM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    [IMG]http/open/sleep.jpg[/IMG]

I tried to read it trough.. but PCmark is just so boring
    You know SF3D I'm a straight shooter and have the balls that most others don't.

I call stuff as I see it and guess what man, bottom line if you have nothing nice to say ( and you seem to have alot of that lately ) then don't say anything.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You know SF3D I'm a straight shooter and have the balls that most others don't.

I call stuff as I see it and guess what man, bottom line if you have nothing nice to say ( and you seem to have alot of that lately ) then don't say anything.
    If you dont have any sense of humour, don't bother.

I think James got it right
    You are as good as your samples are!

PIfection
    of course i did man, i know you style, if you want to diss you are straight to the point

Xtreme Member
    Dude you're insane.. Sick stuff man

Takes more than gem cpu's and binned vga's to pull this off

Good job as always bro
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    @Petri Seeing a bunch of SSDs wakes me up, seeing PCMark makes me sleepy - you somehow nailed what I was thinkin' too

Anyway I have big respect for people that still fuddle around with all thoose issues round about PC Mark and get out some good scores out of that bench pro
    Last edited by Gautam; 09-18-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: no profanity in pics
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Xtreme Member
    Well done!!
    You may have a lot of patience for all these connections..

Edit: No more windows vista for pcmark?
    Last edited by geobot24; 09-18-2010 at 07:01 AM.

24/7 Rig: AMD Athlon II 450 - MSI 760GM E51- 8GB 1600MHz Gskill RipjawsX- Nvidia GTX260 - OCZ Vertex2 60GB - Seagate 640GB - Antec Quattro 1200W - Samsung T220
    Bench Rig: Intel Core i7 3770K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme - 4GB 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT - 2x Nvidia GTX260 - Intel Postville 40GB - WD VelociRaptor 36GB - Antec Quattro 1200W

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I love PCMark setups Looks like a fun rig, I imagine it's been many long hours figuring crap out on Vantage. Nice work

Xtreme Addict
    Way to go James, awesome scores mate!
    Maaaan am I seeing correctly? You're using 1250MHz CL5 Dominator DDR2 for your Acard? Haven't seen these modules in action since the Conroe days

One more thing I'd like to add. I always throught that Vista is better than 7 for PCMark05, because basically Transparent Windows suck on Windows 7 (Aero isn't as fast as in Vista). Of course I'm talking about Vista 32bit, because 64bit stress the CPU a bit more... Anyway, congrats again and major thanks for sharing with us!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    huge achievement, sick setup , my respect is yours !

I7 920 D0 5362 1.627v
    980X retail 3003A258 - 6683mhz 1.85v
    ASUS R3X 265bclk
    ASUS R3BE 266bclk

I am Xtreme
    Good afternoon Mr Youngpro - much congrats sir!
    Job well done, very nice clocks!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Congrats Mr.PCMark

PIfection
    thanks to everyone for your kind comments,

i think the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same benchmarks haha

Quote Originally Posted by geobot24 View Post
    Edit: No more windows vista for pcmark?
    well imo its much a muchness, vista indeed does give a great transparent windows but windows 7 gives a much better memory latency.. in my testing i find that in most circumstances your scores are almost equal..

my recommendation would be this,

if you have a great cpu and you have alot of cpu mhz, then run windows vista as transparent windows is a CPU benchmark, it scales heavily with cpu, so you will maximize your score.. and if your running AMD definatly vista as your memory latency wont be great anyway

if you dont have a great cpu (like mine, which is great for 2 cores and took 32m wr, but has one horrible core) then look at windows 7, you can push your ram and take advantage of the memory latency improvements in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by George_o/c View Post
    Way to go James, awesome scores mate!
    Maaaan am I seeing correctly? You're using 1250MHz CL5 Dominator DDR2 for your Acard? Haven't seen these modules in action since the Conroe days
    haha for sure, they were the ish back in the conroe days fitting they find their way back into a benching platform in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRo View Post
    Good afternoon Mr Youngpro - much congrats sir!
    thanks dude, i think in truth you though, are Mr PCMARK

Turkey Man
    Big congratulations to James, you put in so much effort (and Dino) to get these achievements so they are very much deserved.
    So what is your tally now of World Records (real ones!) across benchmarks? I think people should recognise that you have now had a WR in EVERY benchmark (isn't it?).

PIfection
    thanks dude,

LOL dude no way not even close, i have never got AM3, 3d05, pi 1M and pifast...

i definatly want AM3 though, the others are very boring haha..

maybe one day when i get some amazing cpu i will get an opportunity for these CPU intensive benchmarks though.. i definatly wouldnt turn it down

Turkey Man
    OK, i guess i just thought you are better than you really are :P

Xtreme Member
    Well Done James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "realy magic isnt card tricks, big cribs and cars b1tch
    its 6 gig vantage full pass without 2v sh1t" Young Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i never run pcmark, but it seems it needs patience and hard work. good work pro

Xtreme Legend
    keep it rocking man this benchmark kicks arse
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Very impressive work James, a lot of time and dedication went into these scores!

You can never have enough D9's.

ODOC
    Continuated pushing

Beg up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast