Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Look famiar? Hey Bei Fei!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post

But i couldnt use this on DB.
    He is probably the only person on this forum minus vendors who has more ddc's in his closet then i do.
    I hate DDCs from experience as I have had TONS of them die on me but never had a D5 die. I have a graveyard of them and a load of tops (XSPC dual pump tops included).
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I hate DDCs from experience as I have had TONS of them die on me but never had a D5 die. I have a graveyard of them and a load of tops (XSPC dual pump tops included).
    U hater

“Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    This actually looks pretty good, i remember seeing a similar mod here on XS few years back, only gripe is this would be the only Koolance part in my rig and I'm not really a fan of Koolance.

Would you believe me if i told you I've had mine since 2007 purchased from FrozenCPU and still runs perfectly fine with hardly any noise.

Edit: can't stop visualizing how this would look in my rig with modded top, EK you reading this lolz.
    Last edited by Taskforce; 07-15-2010 at 02:15 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskforce View Post

Would you believe me if i told you I've had mine since 2007 purchased from FrozenCPU and still runs perfectly fine with hardly any noise.
    no, I would say you are a lying sack of bantha dung
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Well you never know. He might have a got a real good one.

I am Xtreme
    Well, we've known that heat sinks helped the DDC's since we started using them in 2006. Some of our early high ambient bench units got the RAM heat sink treatment.

I'm also aware other members like Bei and Naekuh did very nice, specialized DDC heat sinks before us, so respect, mon.

With more temperature complaints from customers lately on the DDC, we decided to offer something ourselves. It does involve removing the stock plastic base entirely, and it is a little technical to assemble (nothing you guys can't handle, but maybe a little complex for others). Best of all, it does help with temps.

No argument from me that D-5 does run cooler and tends to have a higher reliability rate. But you can't fit a D-5 in a single 5.25" bay, either.

Tim

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    Well, we've known that heat sinks helped the DDC's since we started using them in 2006. Some of our early high ambient bench units got the RAM heat sink treatment.

I'm also aware other members like Bei and Naekuh did very nice, specialized DDC heat sinks before us, so respect, mon.

With more temperature complaints from customers lately on the DDC, we decided to offer something ourselves. It does involve removing the stock plastic base entirely, and it is a little technical to assemble (nothing you guys can't handle, but maybe a little complex for others). Best of all, it does help with temps.

No argument from me that D-5 does run cooler and tends to have a higher reliability rate. But you can't fit a D-5 in a single 5.25" bay, either.

Tim
    Don't say can't Tim. With a can of Crisco and a roll of duct tape there is just about nothing I cannot accomplish.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskforce View Post
    this would be the only Koolance part in my rig and I'm not really a fan of Koolance.
    Oh, you will be... you WILL be...

Tim

Xtreme Mentor
    Quick question for Koolance, I use the PMP400 with the top and res and the bracket screws into the two extra holes on the bottom of the pump, how do you attach the bracket to the heat sink?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, you will be... you WILL be...

Tim
    I knew it...your ......ummmm Boba Fett!!!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    I knew it...your ......ummmm Boba Fett!!!
    that is a Yoda impression. U R Fired

Xtreme Addict
    that is a Yoda impression. U R Fired
    sniff sniff....*reaches into drawer and pulls out his trusty stainless Kimber Raptor II and places his lips over the end of the barrel*....."Hmmmm let's see if I can suck all the bullets out!"

But seriously though that Koolance setup is sexy and I would go that route if I had a DDC I wanted to use.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Quick question for Koolance, I use the PMP400 with the top and res and the bracket screws into the two extra holes on the bottom of the pump, how do you attach the bracket to the heat sink?
    It doesn't fit the bracket that comes with the COV-RP400 pump cover directly. We're going to have to note that and make something that will work. The mounting holes on the bracket correspond with the two hole positions on the PMP-400, but those are different than the new standoffs we provide on the HTS-PMP400 heat sink.

For now, you could match one of those standoff holes with the bracket to mount it. The bracket goes underneath the heat sink, so it will still support the weight (upside-down picture below). Or, you could drill new screw holes through the existing bracket which align with a couple of the heat sink standoffs. There's also threaded holes on opposite sides of the HTS-PMP400 metal base that could be useful.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Addict
    Just so it's on record, I created Microsoft, but Bill Gates locked me in his basement and no one believes me!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Mentor
    It doesn't fit the bracket that comes with the COV-RP400 pump cover directly. We're going to have to note that and make something that will work. The mounting holes on the bracket correspond with the two hole positions on the PMP-400, but those are different than the new standoffs we provide on the HTS-PMP400 heat sink.

For now, you could match one of those standoff holes with the bracket to mount it. The bracket goes underneath the heat sink, so it will still support the weight (upside-down picture below). Or, you could drill new screw holes through the existing bracket which align with a couple of the heat sink standoffs. There's also threaded holes on opposite sides of the HTS-PMP400 metal base that could be useful.

Tim
    Thanks. I am going to assume then that the heat sink and it's bracket do not interfere with the top/res attachment?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

ive had mine since 08 and its still going strong and its always had an ek v1 g3/8" top and a fan on it

but now that i said something it will die and i will have to get some jegway or whatever the cpx pro or ocz or ek is and as the d5 is a waste of space

why is it $35 that seams a little much
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    sniff sniff....*reaches into drawer and pulls out his trusty stainless Kimber Raptor II and places his lips over the end of the barrel*....."Hmmmm let's see if I can suck all the bullets out!"

But seriously though that Koolance setup is sexy and I would go that route if I had a DDC I wanted to use.
    Same. If I didnt have a D5 and wanted a DDC, I'd get this.

Plus other Koolance products have caught my eye lately too. I really love the nickel and looks generally on their blocks and so on .
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

I am Xtreme
    I wish my camera was working, so i could show you guys.
    Why, all we'd see is flash rebound.

You penny pinching whore...
    NaeKuhsaywhaaaat? I have one on the way. . .well, it has to actually get to P-PC's first, "should" show up sometime on Friday from the email I got from them. Seems they weren't expecting anyone to order them the night they went up on the site so I actually wound up pre-ordering it.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I am Xtreme
    Thanks. I am going to assume then that the heat sink and it's bracket do not interfere with the top/res attachment?
    According to the HTS-PMP400 product page on the Koolance website it doesn't. Although I thought the mounting bracket was going to work. Would have been nice to know before I bought the heatsink, the top, and the PMP-400 earlier today.

Xtreme Member
    For all the D5 deniers: my D4 (four) pump, from around 2005, continues to provide the pumping goodness to my backup computer.

I am Xtreme
    No conflict with a reservoir and top attachment. We include shorter and longer mounting screws to mount the pump up into whatever.

Here's something important. There are two cutout areas below the HTS-PMP400 metal body designed to avoid the DDC's power wire solder points. Our initial web pictures had this oriented the wrong way, which might short a pump if its solder points are especially thick. This is the corrected picture now on our website:

If you receive one of the first HTS-PMP400 units, the assembly diagram shows "insulation tape" to place over those solder points. But the bracket cutouts were added before release, so the tape was no longer needed. (This isn't to be confused with the small piece of heat shrink we currently include for the pump wire, which is completely optional.)

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Don't say can't Tim. With a can of Crisco and a roll of duct tape there is just about nothing I cannot accomplish.
    If I had more room in my sig this would be there!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    U hater

Wow, I hate the fact that his computer is stock
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Tim: how much wider is the Koolance cooler than the original pump dimensions?

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Koolance,

Will your PMP-400 heatsink simply bolt on to a Swiftech MCR355?

Thanks,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast