Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Look famiar? Hey Bei Fei!

Xtreme Mentor

Wow!! Look famiar? Hey Bei Fei!

Wow! Anyone recognize this from about 2 years ago from Bei Fei?

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1058

Talk about stealing someone's idea.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Wow! Anyone recognize this from about 2 years ago from Bei Fei?

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1058

Talk about stealing someone's idea.
    poke through the pics, they went a whole step further.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Regardless, how about we give credit where credit is due. No one thought of doing this until Bei Fei and Naekuh came up with this almost two years ago.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Old news, this was posted some time ago Whether or not it is a partial knockoff, it's still pretty cool. I will probably be picking up a couple for my main rig since it uses two pumps in serial.

Love will tear us apart
    And MS stole the GUI from Apple who stole it from Xerox...I hear you but this is hardly anything new and not just to the tech industry. And patents can only make so much difference even if feasible to obtain.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

yea someone has already posted this

I am Xtreme
    Well I am not familiar to the Bei Fei heatsink, I must say I do like the mounting. It looks great w/o the plastic mounts.

I am Xtreme
    Regardless, how about we give credit where credit is due. No one thought of doing this until Bei Fei and Naekuh came up with this almost two years ago.
    True, but I think I may have been mounting fans on the bottom of my DDC's before they came out with their sink.

Oh yeah, I already have one of these on it's way from P-PCs.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    True, but I think I may have been mounting fans on the bottom of my DDC's before they came out with their sink.

Oh yeah, I already have one of these on it's way from P-PCs.
    WL - Would it suffice to prevent overheating if I cut out some stripes with dremel and have fans underneath?
    Check out my WC worklog: BSG Pegasus - Lian Li PC-A77B
    Rev. 1.0 Photos ----- Rev 1.1 Photos ----- Rev 1.4 Photos ----- Rev 2.0 Photos ----- Rev 3.0 Photos -----
    Detailed flow comparison across all revisions ----- i7 980X @ 4960Mhz

PC:
    i7 980X 4.2GHz @1.31v / Asus Rampage III Black Edition / Corsair Dom GT 3x4GB 2000 CL9 / 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB
    Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB / 2x WD 2TB EARS / WD 2.5" 500GB / LG Blu-Ray DVD
    Lian Li PC-A77B / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / MS X-6 / SS Ikari / Logitech G27 + X230 / Win 7 x64 Pro
    3x Dell AW2310 120Hz 3D + Nvidia 3D Vision Surround

WC:
    3x DDC 3.25 + 3x HTS-PMP400 / EK DDC Dual V2 + Single V2 Tops - Single loop / EK Multi-Option / Bitspower fittings
    EK Supreme HF v3 / 2x EK GTX 5X0 Acetal + Nickel / Primochill LRT Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD
    2x XSPC RX360 + RX240 / Aquaero 5 Pro + flow & temp sensors / 21x Akasa Apache Black

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
    WL - Would it suffice to prevent overheating if I cut out some stripes with dremel and have fans underneath?
    Loads of that is discussed here
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Loads of that is discussed here
    Yeah, that's where I took the idea from, just wanted to check with WL as he seems know these pumps very well and had couple without issues.
    Rev. 1.0 Photos ----- Rev 1.1 Photos ----- Rev 1.4 Photos ----- Rev 2.0 Photos ----- Rev 3.0 Photos -----

PC:
    i7 980X 4.2GHz @1.31v / Asus Rampage III Black Edition / Corsair Dom GT 3x4GB 2000 CL9 / 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB
    Lian Li PC-A77B / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / MS X-6 / SS Ikari / Logitech G27 + X230 / Win 7 x64 Pro

WC:
    3x DDC 3.25 + 3x HTS-PMP400 / EK DDC Dual V2 + Single V2 Tops - Single loop / EK Multi-Option / Bitspower fittings
    EK Supreme HF v3 / 2x EK GTX 5X0 Acetal + Nickel / Primochill LRT Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD
    2x XSPC RX360 + RX240 / Aquaero 5 Pro + flow & temp sensors / 21x Akasa Apache Black

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    There are many pumps that have optional, or integral heatsinks.

Pretty old idea. I bet about as old as pumps themselves.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
    I don't do it to prevent over heating as I really don't think that's the problem when they go bad. I think it's just a bad PCB or component on the PCB.

Some of the pics I've seen however, lead me to believe that some ppl forget the O-Ring when reassembling (it's not hard to do, I've almost done it myself a couple times recently) and when water does finally get to the bottom and blows the pump, they realize the mistake they made and are for some reason too embarrassed to admit it and blame the pump.
    Circles SucQ!

nice can you show us some pics when you get it

Xtreme Member
    I don't do it to prevent over heating as I really don't think that's the problem when they go bad. I think it's just a bad PCB or component on the PCB.

Some of the pics I've seen however, lead me to believe that some ppl forget the O-Ring when reassembling (it's not hard to do, I've almost done it myself a couple times recently) and when water does finally get to the bottom and blows the pump, they realize the mistake they made and are for some reason too embarrassed to admit it and blame the pump.
    Thanks. Mental note added

PC:

WC:

I am Xtreme
    KptKrunch has intellectual property rights to all water-cooling so give due credit folks
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    It's pretty logical to want to decrease the heat dump of your pump. A cooler pump = cooler loop, and increase pump life.

edit: lol @Richard's comment
    Last edited by Vinas; 07-15-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    It's pretty logical to want to decrease the heat dump of your pump. A cooler pump = cooler loop, and increase pump life.
    Yea ive got a fan under my pumps because i don't think the koolance's will fit in the XSPC dual ddc res

I am Xtreme
    BAH!!! I forgot to add that the reason I use the fan (and now the Koolance heatsink) is to try and remove the heat using alternative methods in an effort to reduce heat dump into the loop from the pump. It's not a lot of heat dumped into the loop but every little bit helps in my book.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Guru
    That looks like a really nice sink. It is nice that the sink replaces the plastic housing so it actually sinks with the PCB board. I may have to look at getting a couple for my MCP355s. I would assume they would fit.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Mentor
    Curios. How much will a plastic pump housing transfer heat through the plastic to the metal HS? I know the middle bottom of the pump bottom gets hot by experiance, but how warm does the plastic get? I felt it really didn't have a lot of heat. Seems the heat stays in the board and the coils more due to the plastic housing.

I'm asking because I don't see it making a lot of difference. So, any imperical info from you old time gurus?

Edit: So it's a circuit baord HS eh? Bottom of the pump is removed? Hmmm, neat idea.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Curios. How much will a plastic pump housing transfer heat through the plastic to the metal HS? I know the middle bottom of the pump bottom gets hot by experiance, but how warm does the plastic get? I felt it really didn't have a lot of heat. Seems the heat stays in the board and the coils more due to the plastic housing.

I'm asking because I don't see it making a lot of difference. So, any imperical info from you old time gurus?

Edit: So it's a circuit baord HS eh? Bottom of the pump is removed? Hmmm, neat idea.
    Yu (pic of HS removed):

“Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Yu (pic of HS removed):

lulz.. i got my units. Hey its for DDC's you had to expect me getting a few.

Anyhow u use a TIm pad on that green pcb and then you put the anodized alu sink over.

I wish my camera was working, so i could show you guys.

It's not a lot of heat dumped into the loop but every little bit helps in my book.
    You penny pinching whore...

No one thought of doing this until Bei Fei and Naekuh came up with this almost two years ago.
    lulz... coming from koolance i dont mind.
    They did sponsor me and martin and skinnee a TON.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 07-15-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

I am Xtreme
    I hate DDCS. Give me a D5 any-day.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I hate DDCS. Give me a D5 any-day.

But i couldnt use this on DB.
    He is probably the only person on this forum minus vendors who has more ddc's in his closet then i do.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast