Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later" with an update

Xtreme Member
    No matter what feature of the nanosuit you use, AI is terrible along the entire games with and without cloak.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dami3n View Post
    No matter what feature of the nanosuit you use, AI is terrible along the entire games with and without cloak.
    Yeah call it bad game balancing or whatever but nothing kills the AI game continuity more than sub-second cloak toggling.

Delta mode zero cloaking is much more rewarding on crysis...Even if it takes out part of the game.

I tended to just self discipline myself to cloaking when i wanted to do some single segment stealthy business, but once I was in trouble/messed up. No cloaking. Especially against helicopters and when surrounded by like 10 enemies in a dense foliage area.

Xtreme Member
    yeah i just cloaked and beat the last level on soldier difficulty only firing like couple shots... the AI is terrible. especially the aliens, they are about as dumb as it gets. at least with human sioldiers, when u cloaked and try to sneak past them, they notice ur footstep and walk towards u. aliens are idiots who just watches u as u walk by cloaked. as long as u dont run into them ur fine.

i am replaying this on the hardest difficulty, so far the 1st level is a breeze cuz they let u carry over the alien points/addons/nano suit upgrades u gather from the previous play through, so now i have that 10,000 points stealth upgrade to stay in stealth longer

the game was pretty good i have to say, one of the better games i play this year, its up there with pokemon black (lol)
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

I have a feeling that the reason there is no DX11 patch is because the ATi cards (yes, I said ATi) would run faster than the nVidia cards, so they're delaying it until they neuter enough features to make that untrue.

Ok, flame suit on.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    I have a feeling that the reason there is no DX11 patch is because the ATi cards (yes, I said ATi) would run faster than the nVidia cards, so they're delaying it until they neuter enough features to make that untrue.

Ok, flame suit on.
    Yeah well the way it is now it certainly doesn't stress a higher end vid card at extreme setting 1920x1080. Just downloaded the SLI patch and the only thing that happened is my second card got hotter.
    Rig 1
    CPU: i7-990X. CASE: Antec Nine Hundred II. CPU Cooling: TR Venomous X RT. MOBO: ASUS Rampage III Formula. RAM: 12GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 CL7. GFX: EVGA GTX 580's x 2. SLI. HDD's: 1.5 TB Seagate, 1TB WD Sata III. Monitor: Samsung 25". PSU: Corsair AX 1200W. Win 7 64 Bit
    Rig 2.
    CPU: i7-2600K. CASE: Antec Nine Hundred II. CPU Cooling: TR Venomous X RT. MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. RAM: 4 GB GSkill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 CL6. GFX: EVGA GTX 580. HDD: 1TB WD Sata III. Monitor: Samsung 23". PSU: Corsair AX 1200W. Win 7 64 Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by crossg View Post
    Yeah well the way it is now it certainly doesn't stress a higher end vid card at extreme setting 1920x1080. Just downloaded the SLI patch and the only thing that happened is my second card got hotter.
    That's true. I was surprised that I was able to play it on my GTX 275 SLi system on pretty high settings. I just hope that the DX11 patch brings visual improvements that can significantly distinguish it from DX9/DX10 in a screenshot.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, I've never played Warhead. So I guess I'll go back and play Crysis again. It'll be interesting seeing as how I went through it on an 8800 GT.

Xtreme Addict

Ok, flame suit on.
    Nonsense.

They are delaying it as neither ATi nor nVidia have drivers which take full advantage of the DirectX11 feature set. (Multithreading and threaded command lists are STILL not supported at the driver level by nVidia or ATi).

My guess is Crytek, as are DiCE delaying things until the drivers are ready.... (A developer Dan Baker has already expressed his concerns over a lack of DirectX11 multithreading support within the nVidia and ATi drivers).

4) From what DirectX 11 feature do you think your game profits most? What do you think about DirectX 11 in times of Cross-Platform-Development, can we expect more and more DX11 titles?

We benefit most from the DX11 Compute features. However, once Nvidia and AMD release threading enabled drivers, we expect the threading to be the biggest single benefit. We understand that many of our customers are hardware enthusiasts and want their games to use the latest technology. Since DirectX11 is leaps and bounds above the capabilities of current consoles it can be difficult to be cross platform and take advantage of the new capabilities. Fortunately, because we are a PC only game, this wasn't a concern for us. We can't speak for everyone, but we expect to see DX11 rapidly become the standard for gaming.
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ...Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli in a statement said that groups of crackers entitled SKIDROW and RAZOR 1911 signed an official agreement that can not influence games from Crytek, the only group’s would be able to circumvent the encrypted source code of Crysis 2™ will not do,this does not prevent other groups trying to beat encryption the game but they will not be able to do this...

edit:http://www.rlslog.net/crysis-2-dvd9-...omment-2455169

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Source? I pretty much doubt that.

Banned
    and people are buying the game lol. in the end its all your fault . it seems this crysis thing have the same effect as jedi and star trek on the bullied brains of the usual members from the club of the rejects..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kaktus1907 View Post
    ...Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli in a statement said that groups of crackers entitled SKIDROW and RAZOR 1911 signed an official agreement that can not influence games from Crytek, the only group’s would be able to circumvent the encrypted source code of Crysis 2™ will not do,this does not prevent other groups trying to beat encryption the game but they will not be able to do this...

edit:http://www.rlslog.net/crysis-2-dvd9-...omment-2455169
    since i'm at work, i didn't read the source, but from the sentence above i'm completely lost on what they agreed on and what they're (not) supposed to do
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They are trolling idiots, that downloaded almost every "crack"(=virus), that was posted there. He's not an admin

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    since i'm at work, i didn't read the source, but from the sentence above i'm completely lost on what they agreed on and what they're (not) supposed to do
    skidrow and razor wont crack the game

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I really hope the only reason the DX11 patch is delayed isn't because of ATI cards potentially performing faster like someone said above...my 5870 already runs this game maxed out in 1920x1200. Would really like to see it in DX11 though.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4
    AMD FX 8350
    Kingston 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3 1333
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX 680 2GB
    Silverstone 1000W PSU

Ok, flame suit on.
    Considering one of the things Crytek are apparently going to be using to the extreme is tessellation (nvidia's strong point), I really don't see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Considering one of the things Crytek are apparently going to be using to the extreme is tessellation (nvidia's strong point), I really don't see that happening.
    Which is the same as neuter is a sense as it altering things in a way to a degree that's not really necessary for visual impact.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kaktus1907 View Post
    skidrow and razor wont crack the game
    This makes me so happy.

Xtreme Addict
    I couldn't care less to be honest. I pre-ordered the game and is arriving tommorow. And i have done the same with all Crytek games so far. And s**t load of others on my Steam list and my retail versions.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    Nonsense.

They are delaying it as neither ATi nor nVidia have drivers which take full advantage of the DirectX11 feature set. (Multithreading and threaded command lists are STILL not supported at the driver level by nVidia or ATi).

My guess is Crytek, as are DiCE delaying things until the drivers are ready.... (A developer Dan Baker has already expressed his concerns over a lack of DirectX11 multithreading support within the nVidia and ATi drivers).

John
    Weird, nvidia has had multithreading support for probably over 5 years now.
    You just gotta turn it on..., there's I think 4 diff settings (not values, settings) for it, for diff things.
    I can't say if it pertains to dx11 though...

As for razor/skidrow.
    Skidrow I trust.
    Raz0r I do not..., some of there releases are clean, but some aren't and there website tries to jack you.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 03-24-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Weird, nvidia has had multithreading support for probably over 5 years now.
    You just gotta turn it on..., there's I think 4 diff settings (not values, settings) for it, for diff things.
    Really? Multithreaded rendering got introduced in DX11 first. Civ5 is the first game to use it, but there are no drivers to utilize it: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...good-for/News/ (Q3)

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah really .
    I'll post back on this with more info tonight when I get my modem back...

Dx11 Instruction support wise, nah probably not.
    But driver support wise, been there for years.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're thinking about something else. I can't remember the exact term, but I think you'll find out, that they are two different things.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    As for razor/skidrow.
    Skidrow I trust.
    Raz0r I do not..., some of there releases are clean, but some aren't and there website tries to jack you.
    No scene release contains any kind of malware, ever. If there is, is because it was added by whatever shady distribution website/torrent/etc you got it from.
    Always make sure to get the untouched thing as they release it, and not some repacked crap in an exe of some other BS you usually find in crappy public trackers.

Also, no respectable scene group has a website nowadays, nor an email to contact them. It's simply too risky and not worth it.
    They did back in the '90 when all this was underground, but the internet changed a lot since then.
    So I'm really wondering what shady site you visited that you thought was from Razor...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Game uses nvidia's FXAA for edge aa.. Same technique is going to be used on Battlefield 3 too..

Such a technique is quite a novelty in the video game industry and it’s very likely Crytek will release improved versions as it has potential to also be merged with different techniques - for example, it’s currently also combined with Nvidia’s FXAA in “Extreme” spec, in order to improve quality further with sub-pixel accuracy results from post MSAA
    http://crytek.com/sites/default/file...es_final_2.pdf

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast