Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Z87 Motherboards - Overview, Guides and Official Support

sorry.. i use a usb stick one corsair voyger and one kingston GT R400, it freeze with both usb keys.. i use win 7, but its in bios it freeze, i use bios 0309
    Last edited by Rosty; 06-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    My overclocking is better than my english, sorry

Xtreme Member
    @Raja

In the BIOS of the Z87-Deluxe there are offset (+/-) voltage adjustments for both CPU Analog I/O and CPU Digital I/O... What are the nomimal default voltage starting points for these settings? There isn't a voltage display in BIOS present like there is for System Agent Voltage. I don't really like adjusting voltages without being able to determine just how much voltage I'm actually applying. I'll most likely be getting one of the ROG boards once they become available.
    Ryzen 9 on the test bench... Sometimes older generation/tech as well.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'll have to check the white papers for nominal values on those rails. Usually they are close to 1.05V or so (maybe less for this gen). You can set fully manual mode and see what the voltage defaults to as well. AI Suite III should show you the voltages. The auto rules are well defined and will track DRAM ratios for you, so you should not need to adjust manually anyway.

PS. ignore the 50mv rule for VCCIO-A to D in the OC guide, shammy jumped the gun on that.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 06-04-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosty View Post
    sorry.. i use a usb stick one corsair voyger and one kingston GT R400, it freeze with both usb keys.. i use win 7, but its in bios it freeze, i use bios 0309
    I will report that back to HQ. Technically you should contact ASUS support for your region though, as I only cover NAmerica
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I'll have to check the white papers for nominal values on those rails. Usually they are close to 1.05V or so (maybe less for this gen). You can set fully manual mode and see what the voltage defaults to as well. AI Suite III should show you the voltages. The auto rules are well defined and will track DRAM ratios for you, so you should not need to adjust manually anyway.

PS. ignore the 50mv rule for VCCIO-A to D in the OC guide, shammy jumped the gun on that.
    CPU System Agent allows for full manual adjustment as well as offset (+/-) and it has a corrosponding voltage readout in BIOS and AI Suite III but CPU Analog I/O and CPU Digital I/O only allow for either auto or offset (+/-) and there is no readout in BIOS or AI Suite III? So you can leave it on Auto and wonder what it scales to as you explore Dram speeds/ratios or you are left to trial and error via + offset as you increase the + increments while pushing memory clocks.

I will report that back to HQ. Technically you should contact ASUS support for your region though, as I only cover NAmerica
    ok thank you
    My overclocking is better than my english, sorry

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I feel your sarcasm. :P

In "fully manual mode" on that board I thought it allowed static setting of those two rails - like the M6E does. Most CPUs need no more than 1.15V-1.20V for that voltage (that's where the board will take it to on Auto when DRAM rations in excess of DDR3-2400 are used).

AI Suite III TPU section should show where the slider is at in fully manual mode IIRC. Don't have a Deluxe here with me, so flying blind. The best I can do for you is probe the M6E i have at defaults - and that won't be til tomorrow at some point now.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 06-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    I feel your sarcasm. :P

In "fully manual mode" on that board I thought it allowed static setting of those two rails - like the M6E does.
    Well... I'm feeling somewhat like an idiot.

I went back into BIOS and somehow I didn't see or rather missed the enable "fully manual mode" setting and was stuck with only seeing the offset (+/-) setting! Enabling that function does allow the static setting of those two rails. I set CPU S/A, CPU Analog I/O and CPU Digital I/O all to 1.15v and was able to complete a 32M at DDR3-2800.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Very good

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosty View Post

Does it happen with either stick plugged in? Do you have XMP set for memory at all? Does this happen at board default settings.

In order for HQ to stand any chance of replicating this, I need this info.

Thanks
    Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Addict
    I would like to keep adaptive voltage, is there a way to set these I/O manually in adaptive mode? If not what is the starting point for the +/-? I dont know if Im blind or what but I dont see a reading for I/O in BIOS or in AIS3. AIS3 just shows the offset, for example if I add 0.15 it just shows .15 in AIS3 not the actual.

Im trying to stabilize memory at at least 2400 while keeping CPU at 4.9 but I dont know what is safe to try for i/o voltage offset. Cinebench stable I mean, not 32M.

Quote Originally Posted by PolRoger View Post
    Well... I'm feeling somewhat like an idiot.

I went back into BIOS and somehow I didn't see or rather missed the enable "fully manual mode" setting and was stuck with only seeing the offset (+/-) setting! Enabling that function does allow the static setting of those two rails. I set CPU S/A, CPU Analog I/O and CPU Digital I/O all to 1.15v and was able to complete a 32M at DDR3-2800.
    Last edited by Eldonko; 06-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Zac, I'll probe the M6E and let you know the defaults today.

You should be able to do what pol did and set manual mode at default, Ai Suite III should have a slider for that voltage in TPU I think. From there you can work out what the base is before you start offsetting when back in adaptive mode...
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 06-04-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Release dates for NA:

1) ROG Impact = July
    2) Maximus VI Formula = July
    3) Z87-WS = now

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    The New OC Panel, till what temperature can it read? Basic question being can it read LN2 temperatures reliably?
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yes it can. Shammy would not have put that feature on there otherwise - it IS for Ln2.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

XIP
    Quick test Hero 3000

Last edited by Dumo; 06-05-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
    I would like to keep adaptive voltage, is there a way to set these I/O manually in adaptive mode? If not what is the starting point for the +/-? I dont know if Im blind or what but I dont see a reading for I/O in BIOS or in AIS3. AIS3 just shows the offset, for example if I add 0.15 it just shows .15 in AIS3 not the actual.

Im trying to stabilize memory at at least 2400 while keeping CPU at 4.9 but I dont know what is safe to try for i/o voltage offset. Cinebench stable I mean, not 32M.

Default IO-A is 1.03V while IO-D is 1.01V. IO-D will scale with CPU Core (CPU ring freq) to 1.12V when over 43X. At higher DRAM dividers Auto takes it to 1.15V or so (maybe more). Bottom line, running over 1.20V is probably not worth it on 24/7 systems. I would advise sticking with the auto rules most of the time anyway.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Is it possible to use OC Panel with Maximus VI Formula board?
    .:If It Isn't Broke, Overclock It!:. .:Overclock It Til It Bleeds!:. .:If you can read this, then you aren't "well" Overclocked yet...!!! :.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    Quick test Hero 3000

what's the max DDR voltage on this mobo - are this already available ?
    Thanks

Is this board going to be available in the US been looking for any ROG boards nothing. I have used ROG for yrs maybe this time I will have to try Gigabyte, I feel like ASUS are pulling an EVGA lots of pics no product.

Xtreme Member
    This is all I can find

All three motherboards begin shipping 2 June. Pricing and availability vary by territory.
    http://www.asus.com/us/News/p9ABRB4hx3b0W1fV

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Depends on what the chipset supports. Past few years, most Vt-d features have been shifted over to Q series chipsets by Intel. We won't be claiming any pseudo support if the chipset does not fully support or pass all tests.
    Got any more info regarding this? Intel themselves says that for VT-d you just need Processor and BIOS support, they say nothing about Chipset, check here. Intel claims VT-d support on many of their Desktop Motherboards using a wide range of Chipset for Sandy Bridge (H61, Q67, X79), Ivy Bridge (B75, H77, Q77, Z75, Z77) and Haswell (B85, Q87).

Other manufacturers are pumping out beta BIOSes to support this feature either with public availability or at request on Motherboards with a variety of non-Q Chipsets, but as far that I am aware, ASUS has the worst track record regarding support for this feature. While many ASUS Motherboards do have an option to enable/disable VT-d support in the BIOS, they got usually an incorrectly implemented DMAR tables for Intel platform or ACPI IVRS tables for AMD, so it can't be used. It is also prone to be broken with a BIOS upgrade, as on some Motherboards that did have it working, newer BIOSes broke them.

You may want to check into this issue, as ASUS DO have Motherboards claiming support yet not working. I'm holding back from purchasing a new ASUS Motherboard for Haswell until its guaranteed it will work with VT-d/AMD-Vi, as that is what they will be used for.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Contact your local support rep and see what they say. The info I gave you pertains to how it has been from HQ when I have asked for the past two gens. All 50 tests of vt-D would only work on Q series boards and not Z series.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by V I P E R View Post
    Is it possible to use OC Panel with Maximus VI Formula board?

Yes, all Z87 ROG boards have the header for OC Panel.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

If someone want to see SSD Secure Erase from BIOS. I made short video

ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast