Thread: [News] Yahoo develops AI anti-p0rn technology

[News] Yahoo develops AI anti-p0rn technology

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/41744-y...na:-technology

Troubled search engine outfit Yahoo has been spending its money developing an algorithm which can spot at 20 paces.

We would have thought that most of the population would not need their computer to tell them if an image is or not, but Yahoo seemed to think it was a killer app.

Yahoo?s open saucy software uses deep learning, which requires the computer to see a lot of and then if it does not overheat, decide if a new image is smut. The model that?s now available on GitHub under a BSD 2-Clause license comes pre-trained, so users only have to fine-tune it if they so choose. Like most it works better if you have a coffee first, oh sorry we misread the Yahoo press release, apparently the model works with the Caffe open source deep learning framework. The team trained the model using its now open source CaffeOnSpark system.

Yahoo thinks that the system will be used by those companies who are terrified that their employees are looking at things that they shouldn?t, of course parents who are terrified that their kids will see and learn about sex before their parents tell them about it at age 40.

Yahoo research engineer Jay Mahadeokar and senior director of product management Gerry Pesavento wrote in a blog post.

?To the best of our knowledge, there is no open source model or algorithm for identifying NSFW images.?

Of course it is not the perfect censorship system and it is not clear how it defines what is , something which has blighted the movie industry for a hundred years since the US introduced the Hayes Commission.

Xtreme Guru
    I thought half of what originally made Google successful was that it was so great at finding p0rn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Irony: the ad displayed at the top of this page is a banner for Adam & Eve. Pfft.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Irony: the ad displayed at the top of this page is a banner for Adam & Eve. Pfft.
    My ad is for an automotive supplier

Perhaps you should reconsider your internet usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yahoo goes broke developing anti software and has to sell the company. I go broke buying kleenex to clean the mess off my monitor from watching port. But I didn't have to sell my house. Go figure!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    My ad is for an automotive supplier

Perhaps you should reconsider your internet usage?
    Honestly? I frequent nothing much more than tech and gaming sites these days. This box has been pr0n-free for years. Unless you count bad Slashdot trolls, and that is not voluntary . . .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ... but why?
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage