Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3567

Thread: Kepler Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Congrats... you just made it onto my signature. First post to make it there in years!

Quote Originally Posted by nascasho View Post
    Friggin dammit, so it will be ~$550.

I hate waiting, but this will be one of the gen's where I wait it out till I see some prices worth paying for. Not like my 480 isn't doing well, but 900Mhz @ 1.1V = serious wattage and my room = tiny. Oh, also got the hardware itch.
    I've had the itch, I don't even have to pay for the card myself, but realistically I am not supporting those prices from EITHER company for a card that doesn't obliterate the last generation by 50% MINIMUM (not best case, I'm talking worst case scenario of 50%).

To be fair, my true hope was for a midrange part at the $200 mark giving GTX 580 performance with gtx 460 heat levels. At that range, I can pick up a new cpu, ram, and mobo to go with it and still be around the same price range total. AMD missed that mark for me (seriously, if the 7870 launched at $200-$250 I'd buy it), so now I'm wanting to see what NVidia will put in that segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsu View Post
    I'm sure that 300$ GK104 will be available...in 2014.
    I'm still willing to wager that this year we'll see GK104 (or a chip that's essentially it with some minor adjustments ala GF104 to GF114) in a mid-range part this year.
    Last edited by DilTech; 03-20-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Congrats... you just made it onto my signature. First post to make it there in years!

I've had the itch, I don't even have to pay for the card myself, but realistically I am not supporting those prices from EITHER company for a card that doesn't obliterate the last generation by 50% MINIMUM (not best case, I'm talking worst case scenario of 50%).

To be fair, my true hope was for a midrange part at the $200 mark giving GTX 580 performance with gtx 460 heat levels. At that range, I can pick up a new cpu, ram, and mobo to go with it and still be around the same price range total. AMD missed that mark for me (seriously, if the 7870 launched at $200-$250 I'd buy it), so now I'm wanting to see what NVidia will put in that segment.

I'm still willing to wager that this year we'll see GK104 (or a chip that's essentially it with some minor adjustments ala GF104 to GF114) in a mid-range part this year.
    This post echoes my thoughts pretty well, I couldn't picture buying two of these at this pricing even though they're fast. I'll go for one perhaps, but two just isn't worth it considering these will probably drop like stones later this year. Heck, I was on two reference GTX 570 in SLI (1280MB), almost wondering if I should just go grab a pair of nice non-reference 580's for a similar price as a single 680 will run me... probably be faster and about the same price once this shakes out at GTX 680 launch. EDIT: Of course, I'm going to see how the 680 turns out in reviews, and likely will go for it since it's a single card, but still... .
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 03-20-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zloyd View Post
    Think ATI is gonna have HD8970 out before the end of the year ?
    Put it this way: if AMD doesn't have a different (non dual GPU) high end product out by year's end, they'll be in bucketloads of trouble.

Xtreme Member
    It is almost laughable that Nvidia is putting out a product that basically is about the same speed as a 7970.... Where is the Nvidia that came out with a card that beats AMD the last 3 rounds or so? Looks like a no-show this round. Now before everyone starts saying "but they are coming out with GK110/GK114" Well its not going to be here for awhile.....

Alot of let down Nvidia fans....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmy View Post
    It is almost laughable that Nvidia is putting out a product that basically is about the same speed as a 7970.... Where is the Nvidia that came out with a card that beats AMD the last 3 rounds or so? Looks like a no-show this round. Now before everyone starts saying "but they are coming out with GK110/GK114" Well its not going to be here for awhile.....

Alot of let down Nvidia fans....
    Errrr, no... the GTX 680, purportedly, is 15-20% faster than the Radeon 7970 from the leaks we've seen, possibly more.

Xtreme Addict
    They must have needed a lot of R&D to get it running on the TSMC 28nm process.

That's too bad, but ya know it happens to everyone eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Put it this way: if AMD doesn't have a different (non dual GPU) high end product out by year's end, they'll be in bucketloads of trouble.
    The reason being GK110? I think we can safely say that GK110 will be significantly larger than Tahiti and possibly even Tahitis refresh, so AMD always has the money card to play.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Errrr, no... the GTX 680, purportedly, is 15-20% faster than the Radeon 7970 from the leaks we've seen, possibly more.
    On maybe 1 or 2 games, hand picked by nV of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Member
    Even if it is a little faster than AMD. Nvidia fans are STILL let down.....

And like that other poster it is probably in a FEW benchmarks....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    On maybe 1 or 2 games, hand picked by nV of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmy View Post
    Even if it is a little faster than AMD. Nvidia fans are STILL let down.....

And like that other poster it is probably in a FEW benchmarks....
    We'll see, regardless, it's priced the same, better drivers, and better overall performance... what's not to like then, fan or not? I love how people were raving how the Radeon 7970's 15%-20% lead over the GTX 580 made it revolutionary, yet a 40-50% lead or so over the 580 makes GTX 680 a "let down"?

Xtreme Member
    We'll see, regardless, it's priced the same, better drivers, and better overall performance... what's not to like then, fan or not? I love how people were raving how the Radeon 7970's 15%-20% lead over the GTX 580 made it revolutionary, yet a 40-50% lead or so over the 580 makes GTX 680 a "let down"?
    I have yet to see a single review that prove the 40-50% you're claiming!! Until then it's all bull rumors.
    Case: HAF-X
    CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1090T@4GHz
    Motherboard: Asus CHIV formula
    GPU: 2x 6870
    RAM: Patriot Sector 5 2x4GB
    HDD: Crucial M4 256GB

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

Xtreme Member
    twisting things?

the 7970 led the 580 with 24% on average... that number includes a few titles which were completely cpu limited (starcraft) and were with the release drivers of the 7970 (which according to anand already imrpoved performance in some cases by 5 to 10%). So we are loking closer to 30% and not 15% as you try to falsly inform us.
    even with the best numbers seen so far.. the 680 looks to be less than 10% faster on average. (and that is on 1080p or lower).

Personally i don't even expect it to be faster on average at all... but its looks to be an amazing chip for its die size and power consumption. (i just hope this chip isn't pushed to far on defaults that even a minimal oc will need additional voltage, thus busting out the power consumption values)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    I have yet to see a single review that prove the 40-50% you're claiming!! Until then it's all bull rumors.
    Errrrr, of course there aren't reviews: the card isn't out yet. The pics in this thread and others, however....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by flyck View Post
    twisting things?

the 7970 led the 580 with 24% on average...
    Really now? No need to try to claim someone's lying/trying to intentionally mislead here.

Fine, pretend it's 24%... that's still a lot less than 40-50% over the 580. My point stands just fine without all the hyperbole. Why do you think the GTX 680 will suffer at 2560x1600 exactly? It has the same bandwidth as a GTX 580. Even at those #'s it's still 21% faster than a Radeon 7970 if the very-real-looking leaks pan out.

Xtreme Member
    Errrrr, of course there aren't reviews: the card isn't out yet. The pics in this thread and others, however....
    the Pics in this thread says it's equal or +/-5% improvement over the 7970 which means 20-35% at best over the 580!

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    the Pics in this thread says it's equal or +/-5% improvement over the 7970 which means 20-35% at best over the 580!
    Not sure what pictures you're looking at... the ones I'm seeing with 300.99 drivers show what I'm saying here and in the OCN thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1231113/ for the later tests by someone with 300.99 drivers.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 03-20-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not sure what pictures you're looking at... the ones I'm seeing with 300.99 drivers show what I'm saying here and in the OCN thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1231113/ for the later tests by someone with 300.99 drivers.
    Heaven is tesselation test. Nothing more. It wont translate straight up to game performance.

Xtreme Member
    Heaven benchmark is not everything! I saw these and it doesn't say anything!! Suddenly one heaven test with no proof makes the GTX680 40-50% faster!!

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical Man View Post
    Heaven is tesselation test. Nothing more. It wont translate straight up to game performance.
    3dmark11 also....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    3dmark11 also....
    That too. Its lot better, but still it wont translate to pure game performance.

Xtreme XIP
    Wow just woow the Fanboism Force its very strong on this tread

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chispy View Post
    Wow just woow the Fanboism Force its very strong on this tread
    Edelman?
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 03-20-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Xtreme Member
    All emotions aside, the card seems to be pretty much on par with 7970, from what i have seen so far. A bit faster perhaps. The big question is, does it OC like 7970 does. If its able to hit 1300th GPU, its going to be nice.

Xtreme Guru
    I think people are getting things mixed up here.

The HD 7970 was a revolution for AMD (being their first ground up DX11 architecture) but an EVOLUTION for the GPU market as a whole. It essentially brought AMD up to NVIDIA's technology level (and maybe a small step beyond) by leveraging the 28nm manufacturing process for a tangible performance benefit. Its impact upon the HPC market has so far been non-existent since AMD seems to be twiddling their fingers on that front.

Fermi on the other hand was a revolution on BOTH fronts since it was the market's first architecture that properly supported high levels of geometry processing throughput while also bringing a new dimension of performance to HPC spaces. It may have consumed a ton of power due to the elements added for the aforementioned tasks but that's the lesson AMD is currently learning with their GCN architecture.

As for Kepler, at the last GTC NVIDIA called it "Fermi refined" which should (supposedly) lead to higher performance per watt ratios. IF (and only if) NVIDIA can attain the perf per watt levels they first presented at last year's GTC, the AMD trolls will have to find something else to pick on since the OMGFERMIBBQ jokes would no longer hold any traction. Then again, we've already seen the first steps towards that with cries of "clock speed cheating!" and "cherry picked games!" coming from the usual corners....

While I can't say anything, this is one launch I am actually excited about because for the first time in a long time a GPU company is going to do a number of things that are totally unexpected.

Xtreme Member
    1840 post still no info. Still everyone fighting over who they think has the best guess. Still people saying amd/ati is doomed. Amd/ati has been doomed for 15 years now along with nvida intel and amd.
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124 ... LastLast