Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloodrage compatibility with GTX 470 ?

Yeah, actually am surprised how well win 7 runs on 2gigs lol

Xtreme Member
    you can not blame us for the x-fi driver not working
    that was creative so why should foxconn be blamed for another company been slow and we did get them to fix and release which you find on these forums

Aegis ok so we was slow but win7 access was a diffrent game to xp and vista but you had work around and a lot of overclocker do not use, but again we fixed and released
    which again you find on this forum.

it may take time but we will fix and release so just be happy we try to support as best as we can
    but to complain and say you not buying is going to do nothing to speed up and if you do not like us then fine go buy a diffrent board

am sure what board you buy you have a diffrent bunch of problem, i would say best to stick with what you know then what you dont know

anyway as soon as we got a fix the bios will be released thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    that was creative so why should foxconn be blamed for another company been slow and we did get them to fix and release which you find on these forums

Aegis ok so we was slow but win7 access was a diffrent game to xp and vista but you had work around and a lot of overclocker do not use, but again we fixed and released

it may take time but we will fix and release so just be happy we try to support as best as we can
    but to complain and say you not buying is going to do nothing to speed up and if you do not like us then fine go buy a diffrent board

am sure what board you buy you have a diffrent bunch of problem, i would say best to stick with what you know then what you dont know

Absolutely, you're doing a great job! Never seen a manufacturer, thats taking so much care of customer's whishes. Just to mention Asus, who don't care at all! So thank you lord trident
    DESKTOP:
    Lian Li V1020B/ ..::FOXCONN BLOODRAGE::..
    Core I7 920 D0 @ 21x200 / Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 / 2x Zotac GTX580 3 GB @SL! / 1x Crucial C300 256 GB / 2x Seagate momentus XT / 1x WD 2000 GB / Enermax Platimax 1200W / Win 7 64
    Wakü: Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 / MO-RA 4x180 LT / Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X³ Laing DDC-1Plus @ Aquaero

LAPTOP:
    Clevo (Guru) M860TU 15,4"@1680x1050 / intel Q x9200 ES 2,4 GHz / nVidia 260m GTX / 4GB DDR3-1066

Quote Originally Posted by mocker View Post
    Absolutely, you're doing a great job! Never seen a manufacturer, thats taking so much care of customer's whishes. Just to mention Asus, who don't care at all! So thank you lord trident
    I agree too, he's doing a great job. Totally better than the impersonal treatment you get from the likes of ASUS, although they're tech forums are not bad.

Unfortunately there are some "flaming" type posts in this thread (not the original post and the other substantive posts). I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most of the people who read this forum mentally filter out such posts and don't think the manufacturer even needs to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by mocker View Post
    I agree too

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post

Seeing good services like this makes me glad i bought my Inferno Katana today. now to wait for it.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yepp, asus and msi had the same problems with creative... why do you think their latest boards dont use creative onboard sound anymore

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...0&prod_no=2041
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...ksC&templete=2

Technician
    Tried 2nd pcie slot and/or forcing 8x pcie mode?

Xtreme Member
    yup ...Im having the same issue with the Bloodrage and the GTX470...4E code.

also just had and sold a 5870 2GB version with no issues at all, but it didnt support my 120hz monitor so I got rid of it.

Im still on the original P6 bios...never had a single issue, running my I7 920 @ 20x205 and not so much as a hickup in any thing I have changed in overclocking...

I LOVE my Foxconn Bloodrage... This is my second one.. I bought the first and loved it so much I sold it to a bud for his rig and ordered a new one for mine.

I will give the single slot of memory a try to see if it boots, and then report back. awaiting a fix.... thanx for looking out for us Foxconn people
    I7 950
    EVGA760 Classified/EK Block
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    EK 580GTX Block/ 2x EK Coolstream 240's
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Member
    ok....using only one memory ( first ) slot of OCZ PC12800 2GB...booted right up... so at least a temporary fix for now.

gonna try skipping a slot and put one of the other 2 sticks I have and see if it will boot that way too....
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Addict
    I guess it wont..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Tried 2nd pcie slot and/or forcing 8x pcie mode?
    Actually I did try the second PCIE slot but I didn't try forcing 8x mode.
    am starting to wonder about this new architecture of nvidia's.
    Oh I also tried a Gskill kit I had laying around and it only worked with one stick too. One thing i did notice is that under my device manager the GTX 470 showed up as multiple devices. It may be nothing but I have never seen that in the 10 years I been in in this hobby. I feel old just saying that, 10 yrs

Xtreme Member
    yea.....I tried all combinations of slots and no go... Im sure they will get this all worked out, hopefully quickly....nothing like having a system running only 2 gigs of ram
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Got the exact same issue on the Flaming Blade, stuck my old card in and the issue seems to have carried along with it. Only way it'll boot is with a cmos reset, which is getting somewhat tiring and annoying to say the least! Flashed to the latest bios went from hanging on 4E to hanging on A1. Any access into the bios then resetting needs a cmos reset as well, pain in the butt. Eagerly awaiting a fix!
    Last edited by evensis; 04-27-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Just wanted to add I had the same problem. Could only boot 2 sticks of RAM with a GTX 470 installed. I have G Skill Perfect Storm 2x3GB and was running an overclocked i7 at 4.2GHz. I loved my Bloodrage but I was impatient and bought a new motherboard. I'll definitely use the Bloodrage in another system.

Xtreme Member
    hmmmmmmm you got it to boot with 2 sticks??? wow i can only get one to boot
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by evensis View Post
    Got the exact same issue on the Flaming Blade, stuck my old card in and the issue seems to have carried along with it. Only way it'll boot is with a cmos reset, which is getting somewhat tiring and annoying to say the least! Flashed to the latest bios went from hanging on 4E to hanging on A1. Any access into the bios then resetting needs a cmos reset as well, pain in the butt. Eagerly awaiting a fix!
    For A1 error, reset CMOS, get into BIOS, select to load "optimized defaults", save n reboot and after reboot A1 error is gone and you can select whatever you want in BIOS.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    For A1 error, reset CMOS, get into BIOS, select to load "optimized defaults", save n reboot and after reboot A1 error is gone and you can select whatever you want in BIOS.
    nice!
    you should copy past this post and make a new thread in the faq section and post this over there, very helpful

Xtreme Member
    any progress on the fix* for the 4E situation??? just curious....
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by flashnc View Post
    any progress on the fix* for the 4E situation??? just curious....
    Also, how do you check memory remapping settings in the bloodrage's bios ?
    II was messing with bios settings but couldn't find it.

Xtreme Addict
    Cause its not there.. At least I cant find that..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Eagerly awaiting a proper bios update to resolve the incompatibility problem between the bloodrage and gtx 470.

Xtreme Addict
    I guess that Foxconn engineers are eagerly awaiting to have at least one GTX 470 to solve it..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Xtreme Member
    fingers crossed** legs and everything else...Im so happy with this board id really hate to have to grab my wifes** Gigabyte board** ( my old I7 system ) and have to give her this one since shes using 2x 260's on that system...Im sure my 470 will work on it without the memory issue.. ( I think).... but im a patient man...and will wait till they figure it out
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

The issue is with 480 too. Just let Carl know about it. Same behavior like with 470. Works with one memory stick, but its unacceptable.

There is another thing - bcs some odd reasons I have to use XP 32-bit. With any card - I had 275, 480 and 8800 GT - memory is always 2,75 GB. Friend on mine, who has Bloodrage, not GTI as I have, runs 5770 with 1 GB on-board memory and he gets 3 GBs usable in Windows.
    I read graphic cards use a window of 256 MBs virtual address space, but why my NVidia cards, even 8800GT with 512 MB memory, uses this same addresses, just below forth gigabyte, thus making everything above useless for windows? Is it NVidia card problem of its related to motherboard. I don't have any other add-on cards, except sound card, which comes with motherboard.
    I put this here, bcs it was mentioned potential code change in memory remapping routine in BIOS. If its possible, consider fixing my problem too.
    Thank you.

P.S. Ah, yes. Using G32 BIOS, with i7 920@4090(215x19).
    Last edited by Heavybomber; 05-03-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast