Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech Komodo HD7970 Preview

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    or in another one forum very recently there was one guy with single MCW80 and cpu block. With two D5 Varios in series he got 0.41 gpm
    I think, you should listen this guy, he's not very adequate.

Xtreme Guru
    Shteud: as it later turned out, he had some gunking problems as well as he later posted. Still, DIY modding MCW80 in MCW80 style gave him +50% flow.

Gabe,
    Any news about the blocks? The crossfire bridge will be available by the same time the blocks will?

Xtreme Member
    Man, I really do not want to purchase other blocks... But my reference 7970's run hawwwwwwt and loud. Come on Swiftech I need you!
    [3960X 4.8GHz 1.35v] [32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133] [EVGA GTX 680 SLI] [ASUS RIVE] [Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB R0]
    [EK Supreme HF] [EK RIVE Full Board Kit] [Coolgate 120.3 + 120.1] [4 x Scythe GT D1225C12B5AP-15] [BitsPower Compression] [MCP655]
    [3 x Acer S231HL LED 5760 x 1080 2d Surround]

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
    Gabe,
    Any news about the blocks? The crossfire bridge will be available by the same time the blocks will?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMagoo View Post
    Man, I really do not want to purchase other blocks... But my reference 7970's run hawwwwwwt and loud. Come on Swiftech I need you!
    They are shipping frm our factory this week-end, and should arrive here next Wednesday :-) sorry for the wait

CF bridge: yes :-)
    CEO Swiftech

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    They are shipping frm our factory this week-end, and should arrive here next Wednesday :-) sorry for the wait

Thats excellent

Could you please inform us about the variations of the CF Bridges to be readily available for these blocks? Serial / Parallel / 1 slot gap / 2 slot gap etc...

Thank you!

Xtreme Member

What was the final verdict on the backplates? Thanks for the reply! Glad I am holding out.
    [3960X 4.8GHz 1.35v] [32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133] [EVGA GTX 680 SLI] [ASUS RIVE] [Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB R0]
    [EK Supreme HF] [EK RIVE Full Board Kit] [Coolgate 120.3 + 120.1] [4 x Scythe GT D1225C12B5AP-15] [BitsPower Compression] [MCP655]
    [3 x Acer S231HL LED 5760 x 1080 2d Surround]

Hello Gabe, I'd like to join in and jump on the 'Please can we have an Asus 7970 DCII (Top) version too pretty please!' bandwagon?
    You'd have another sale right here here once it comes out...

Xtreme Member
    Oh my.
    Just found this new on possible water block problem due to card layout difference
    http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index.p...t01returnid=17

Does anyone know if Swiftech has foreseen this layout change??
    Any feedback is much appreciated before I pull my trigger on a purchase.
    Cmndt. Eric Lassard: What is the most frustrating thing about police work?
    Tackleberry: Not being able to carry hand grenades, sir.

Xtreme Member
    This block makes me want to buy another 7970.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    Oh my.
    Just found this new on possible water block problem due to card layout difference
    http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index.p...t01returnid=17

Does anyone know if Swiftech has foreseen this layout change??
    Any feedback is much appreciated before I pull my trigger on a purchase.
    We already have 1mm clearance between the top of the caps and the housing in this area so we might not be affected; I contacted AMD to find out exactly how much taller this particular cap is. Production is arriving in the US in a couple of days. Depending on AMD's feed-back, and if necessary we can rework the production on our CNC's here before we release the block. This would only delay release by 2 to 3 days.

Thats excellent

Could you please inform us about the variations of the CF Bridges to be readily available for these blocks? Serial / Parallel / 1 slot gap / 2 slot gap etc...

Thank you!
    these blocks ate single slot

CF bridges are parallel only.

We've also designed very short telescopic fittings that will allow users to link multiple cards with the standard bridge either in series or in parallel. ETA within a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMagoo View Post
    What was the final verdict on the backplates? Thanks for the reply! Glad I am holding out.
    back plate is included

Quote Originally Posted by tijgert View Post
    Hello Gabe, I'd like to join in and jump on the 'Please can we have an Asus 7970 DCII (Top) version too pretty please!' bandwagon?
    You'd have another sale right here here once it comes out...
    Sorry to say, but there isn't much progress on this front so far.
    CEO Swiftech

We already have 1mm clearance between the top of the caps and the housing in this area so we might not be affected; I contacted AMD to find out exactly how much taller this particular cap is. Production is arriving in the US in a couple of days. Depending on AMD's feed-back, and if necessary we can rework the production on our CNC's here before we release the block. This would only delay release by 2 to 3.
    Gabe,

I am afraid that you have to proceed with this minor modification before releasing the blocks. The 1mm space you have is for safety reasons (minor bendings of the copper etc) so it would be nice for everyone to have at least that gap. Eventhough i do not have the part number EK refers to, it seems that its not only this partnumber that gets influenced. I posted the news here and quite a few people seem to have this taller cap:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1196856/o...ners-club/6290

Edit: The taller cap (2nd cap) can also be pink, not only blue, as shown in the thread link attached above!
    Last edited by ElGreco; 03-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Mr Swiftech
    Gabe,

I am afraid that you have to proceed with this minor modification before releasing the blocks. The 1mm space you have is for safety reasons (minor bendings of the copper etc) so it would be nice for everyone to have at least that gap. Eventhough i do not have the part number EK refers to, it seems that its not only this partnumber that gets influenced. I posted the news here and quite a few people seem to have this taller cap:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1196856/o...ners-club/6290

Edit: The taller cap (2nd cap) can also be pink, not only blue, as shown in the thread link attached above!

Even my official AMD contact was surprised by this... anyways, I am still waiting fro his feed-back for the exact height measurement.
    CEO Swiftech

Will this be available this coming week?
    MSi z68 (Gen3)
    Samsung 830
    AMD 7970
    16 GB. Ripjaws
    Antec 1200

Mr Swiftech
    I certainly hope so.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    I vote for all too.

Would this support the XFX 7970 Black Edition Overclocked?
    Not sure if they are reference PCB?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterDK View Post
    I vote for all too.

Would this support the XFX 7970 Black Edition Overclocked?
    Not sure if they are reference PCB?
    yes, PCB is amd ref 109-c38637
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    yes, PCB is amd ref 109-c38637
    Cool.

I'd buy 2 to cool mine then. possible to have a video demo of how to install or is that asking for allot?
    I've never done GPU cooling before.

Or is cooling AMD cards with water blocks a breeze?
    Last edited by MonsterDK; 03-19-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterDK View Post
    Cool.

I'd buy 2 to cool mine then. possible to have a video demo of how to install or is that asking for allot?
    I've never done GPU cooling before.

Or is cooling AMD cards with water blocks a breeze?
    Actually if you can disassemble the stock cooler, you should be able to re-assemble the card with our water-block fairly easily. We also have a new system whereby you will re-use the existing AMD spring which takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation.
    CEO Swiftech

Your forum (stephen) states that you have the blocks now, but waiting on quality control to clear them.
    Is this true and where will they be available for purchase first.

Thanks Gabe.
    MSi z68 (Gen3)
    Samsung 830
    AMD 7970
    16 GB. Ripjaws
    Antec 1200

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra93 View Post
    Your forum (stephen) states that you have the blocks now, but waiting on quality control to clear them.
    Is this true and where will they be available for purchase first.

Thanks Gabe.
    We are adding the clearance hole for the extra long cap, so we won't have any issues with the boards that feature this oddity.

Taking pics, prepping the site, etc.. give it 72 hours :-)
    CEO Swiftech

springs?

Actually if you can disassemble the stock cooler, you should be able to re-assemble the card with our water-block fairly easily. We also have a new system whereby you will re-use the existing AMD spring which takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation.
    Gabe what do you mean amd spring???? Are yoi talking about the cross looking thing that comes up under the card and screws into the stock fan? If so I am in trouble as I tossed all those parts........

Mr Swiftech
    Yes if you tossed these parts you cannot use our block. We can only use the stock cross-bracket retention.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    will a 7990 block be out anytime soon after its release??

I have a 5870 with your block and it works great but will be upgrading to the 7990 when it releases
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast