Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1732

Thread: Can anyone rate the primochill Typhoon III?

Great to see new stuff!!! More pictures please!!! ETA? Price?

Xtreme Member
    I had to dremel out the bay flanges on my case too... The only way to get my T3 to fit. For now I got an XSPC one in there but anxiously awaiting the DD one !

Xtreme Member
    Man I can't WAIT, I almost got a New res just the other day. I'm starting to see a small crack in my new res. I just bent my flanges up ward and my T3 fit, but I wish I never had to do that to my new case to begin with.

Thanks for the info DB and I don't care what they cost right now, I just want something that will not kill me new build PERIOD.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.0 MHz
    3x2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    Swiftech Apogee XT
    Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NSE
    EK Mosfets
    XFX 5970
    Westy 42" Monitor
    Silver Stone ST 1500 Watt PSU
    Corsair 800 D Case
    2x 74 gig Raptors Sata 0Raid

I am Xtreme
    here are a couple shots of the mounting hardware

"Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks awesome. I want to buy one now! lol
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Member
    Look great.
    When will DD start taking orders?
    And will they ship to UK?

Xtreme Member
    Woah, they look sexy. Hope that DD can/will get them to a few reviewers asap so we can see what the performance is like
    CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 | Gigabyte P45-UD3P | Q9550 @ 4GHz 1.30v | 2x2GB G.Skill 8500 | Gigabyte 6950 Flashed to 6970 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Seasonic x-750

Loop 1:Laning DDC3.2 XSPC Res Top, Swiftech GTZ & MCR 320

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

I am Xtreme
    These are shop 'beater' models so they might have a few dings
    http://dangerden.smugmug.com/gallery...80657558_JDjoq
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    rubber washers are interesting, but are they enough to effectively kill vibration from a D5?

Eh. I'm enjoying my nearly-silent ATCS system too much to care ATM. If I could just solve my fan splitter issue...
    Components
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS840/ PSU: Seasonic X750/
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4/ CPU: i5 2500k 4.2-4.8 GHz @ auto/
    VGA: EVGA GTX570 SC 940, 1880, 4500 @ 1.1v (Lucid dGPU)/ Memory: 8 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866
    Storage: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Samsung 470 128Gb SSD, WD Scorpio Black 750 (Scythe Quiet Drive)
    OSs: Win7 HP x86_64/ Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    Cooling
    CPU: Koolance CPU-370/ GPU: Koolance VID-NX580/ Rads: XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCR-220QP/ Pump: EK-DCP 2.2 (softmount)
    Fans: 3x Noiseblocker m12-S1 @~500-750rpm, 3x Scythe GT 800 @~450-800RPM, Cooler Master 230mm (softmount) @300 RPM
    Tubing: 3/8" x 5/8" Primochill LRT (black)
    Fittings: Koolance compressions and 45/90 degree fittings

Certified Quiet PC Loony

Xtreme Mentor
    Can't wait to see the dual DDC model.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoet View Post
    rubber washers are interesting, but are they enough to effectively kill vibration from a D5?

Eh. I'm enjoying my nearly-silent ATCS system too much to care ATM. If I could just solve my fan splitter issue...
    no. It looks like there's still a load path too. The washer act as damper, not isolator. It is delrin though, so I doubt we'll see the same issues that we saw with acrylic.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    These are shop 'beater' models so they might have a few dings
    http://dangerden.smugmug.com/gallery...80657558_JDjoq
    Pretty impressive pictures there...
    upgrading...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    no. It looks like there's still a load path too. The washer act as damper, not isolator. It is delrin though, so I doubt we'll see the same issues that we saw with acrylic.
    reservoir / rubber pad / mounting cage / rubber pad / load spreader / screws

Just like your typical engine mounts...not sure there is a path as the cage is in compression. If there was a pad on only one side or the other then yes I could see it. The pads are also over sized on both sides compared to a normal washer. The absolute would be the bungi style where a rubber pad/strap is mounted to the cage, then free spans a certain distance and the other end is hard mounted to the reservoir but that is pretty impractical in the space constraints and with both mounting surfaces parallel.

The big factor will be the composition of the rubber...too hard, not much dampening obviously, and too soft, not much compression. I agree that the delrin goes a long way towards making it a mute point anyway.

Will include pads in .5mm - 1mm - 2mm for custom configs.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 08-24-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added optimal

Xtreme Member
    I like what I see in these new ones.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.0 MHz
    3x2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    Swiftech Apogee XT
    Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NSE
    EK Mosfets
    XFX 5970
    Westy 42" Monitor
    Silver Stone ST 1500 Watt PSU
    Corsair 800 D Case
    2x 74 gig Raptors Sata 0Raid

Xtreme Member
    One thing that makes me wonder is the lack of mounting screws in the front of the reservoirs. I have a XSPC bay reservoir now and like these it can only be screwed to the 5.25 at one place which makes it a little wiggly.

Even a DVD station has holes in both the front and the back of both sides to make it sturdier and that doesn't have a vibrating pump attached to it.

Maybe it wont have any effect on this reservoir, just something that came to mind.

Other than that looks very nice and well planned!
    Last edited by woffen; 08-24-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to say it looks nice :)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by woffen View Post
    One thing that makes me wonder is the lack of mounting screws in the front of the reservoirs. I have a XSPC bay reservoir now and like these it can only be screwed to the 5.25 at one place which makes it a little wiggly.

Even a DVD station has holes in both the front and the back of both sides to make it sturdier and that doesn't have a vibrating pump attached to it.

Maybe it wont have any effect on this reservoir, just something that came to mind.

Other than that looks very nice and well planned!
    8 screws - 4 per side - for the dual bay pumped versions. The issue is the depth of the pumps. If you add another 50-60 mm to catch the back row of screws that puts the pumps out into the component area and you risk them blocking the longer video cards that are popular now.

Even if you manage to clear everything it puts tubing in a congested area with not a lot of room for bends etc... and these are already a giant chunk of delrin--60 mm more in depth would price them out of reach.

Provided the case itself is not a cheap/wobbly unit 8 screws is/are plenty. I do agree the ones with only 2 screws per side are pushing it though.

Xtreme Member
    Any chance there is a dual bay dual d5 version? I know chances are real slim of this happening, but i can dream cant i?
    Would love a dual pump version, but dont have space for the 5x 5 1/4 version sadly.
    Cant wait to get my hands on some of these. They look amazing and will fit in perfectly with my new build
    Also, any chance of getting a hole put in the cover so that we can still adjust the speed of the pumps?

Cheers
    Last edited by SkItZo; 08-25-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 | Gigabyte P45-UD3P | Q9550 @ 4GHz 1.30v | 2x2GB G.Skill 8500 | Gigabyte 6950 Flashed to 6970 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Seasonic x-750

Loop 1:Laning DDC3.2 XSPC Res Top, Swiftech GTZ & MCR 320

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    reservoir / rubber pad / mounting cage / rubber pad / load spreader / screws

Just like your typical engine mounts...not sure there is a path as the cage is in compression. If there was a pad on only one side or the other then yes I could see it. The pads are also over sized on both sides compared to a normal washer. The absolute would be the bungi style where a rubber pad/strap is mounted to the cage, then free spans a certain distance and the other end is hard mounted to the reservoir but that is pretty impractical in the space constraints and with both mounting surfaces parallel.

The big factor will be the composition of the rubber...too hard, not much dampening obviously, and too soft, not much compression. I agree that the delrin goes a long way towards making it a mute point anyway.

Will include pads in .5mm - 1mm - 2mm for custom configs.
    Whoa man... from the abyss you return.

Is this one of yours?

Also, I may be misinterpreting the pictures, but it looks to me like there is a fastener which goes from case to delrin/rigid structure. If this is the case, then it's a damper, not an isolator. Again, I only see what's in the picture.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Addict

Is this one of yours?

Also, I may be misinterpreting the pictures, but it looks to me like there is a fastener which goes from case to delrin/rigid structure. If this is the case, then it's a damper, not an isolator. Again, I only see what's in the picture.
    I only smell abysmal =) And no I am not here and you don't see me.

Yeah, the image IS a tad misleading. (read mostly worthless)

Those make it a bit clearer I think. I get what you were saying, if the load spreader were just mounted directly to the reservoir, or was actually a part of it then yeah, obviously that would be beyond worthless. It is hard to see from those angles, but if you look closely you can see the extra width on the face plate vs the reservoir body width. That is because the body has been narrowed about a mm (roughly 1/16") on each side compared to an optical drive so that there is free space for the first rubber pad.

On an unrelated note...is there a more perfect name for the engie then "Mean Moe"?
    Last edited by BoxGods; 08-25-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: clarification

Xtreme Enthusiast

Is this one of yours?

I'm gonna take a guess a say it looks like BoxGods design to me, just based on the looks of the design, and some of the things I saw in the pics that DB linked to.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Member
    Aw... I'd want something completely clear :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    I'm gonna take a guess a say it looks like BoxGods design to me, just based on the looks of the design, and some of the things I saw in the pics that DB linked to.
    yeah, just trying not to hijack "anyone's" thread and DD prefers that their trained customer service people answer product questions. Just hard not to look, and for me, even harder not to answer questions--time to delete the thread linky I guess as my willpower sucks--a lot of you have my email just hit me there or a PM if you have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by MedRed View Post
    Aw... I'd want something completely clear :-(
    I would suggest Absolut...Grey Goose...Patron Silver label....even that cheap stuff in the cardboard box with the handle...

I am Xtreme
    +1

Vibration isolation (like a car engine) is usually done with 2 distinct mounting points (1 on the the object creating the vibrations [engine] and the other to the frame work holding it [car frame]) with a whole lot of rubber in between them.

The mounting method on these res's uses only 1 mounting point (screw goes through frame work into res) with some material in between the mounting points to dampen (lessen) the vibrations.

Also, in DB's pics, I noticed the face plates in one pic and couldn't help but notice that at least 1 of them looked awful similar to that "other company" that sells (sold?) the single bay res. . .aren't they going to get their panties in a bunch over that?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Hello BG I love your new designs.
    No offense but which design would be the closest to the T3 as I loved the design of it.
    And will the new design have different fronts?
    Good to have you back.

Xtreme Mentor
    Wondering if we should move to a new thread, lock this one and make a new one for new products or something.

I do like the look of some of the new stuff. Seeing the Startrek res makes me wanna be all bling bling and build a new one. Powerful, eye catching rig but cool and collected like Captain Picard was.

Need to inspect Darths and other builds. Need to find the fine balance between powerful classiness and overpowering bling.

Good to see Jerm on new stuff.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858656667686970 LastLast