Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xtreeme - a contribute to our dead redback spider

Xtreme Member
    Those fan grills are perfect! nice build!
    Current System:

Coolermaster HAF 932
    XFX 680i LT SLI Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.99 GHz
    4 Gb (2x 2Gb) OCZ SLI-Ready RAM
    2x XFX 8800gt XXX edition @ 690/975
    1x 300GB Western Digital Caviar HDD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok no one else has asked I'm going to. How the hell did you get that marble look to the paint? My guess is some form of textured spray paint spakling. I could be very wrong, but that is very nice looking and gives me an idea for the next build.
    Subscribed!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
    Ok no one else has asked I'm going to. How the hell did you get that marble look to the paint? My guess is some form of textured spray paint spakling. I could be very wrong, but that is very nice looking and gives me an idea for the next build.
    Subscribed!
    The Marble finish is a "paint", and it is actually called Marble Finish and I bought it at Biltema here in Norway.
    I even think it comes in different colors. Another great effect is the Crackle Finish - which also is sold at Biltema, but here you will have to use paint as base too since it will have to be painted wet in wet I think. Red base with black crackle looks absolutely stunning !

Painting of radiators - looks like someone has been jerking off - A LOT

BP hires mayhem (downscaled to 1200x800 and optimized for web in PS) - not very familiar with this lens yet ....

Last edited by Main; 01-05-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    Worklog - xtreeme Please comment and give me your input | Testware |

Xtreme Member
    very nice man i found 3 of those spiders in my pantry when i moved out of my old house last week needless to say i was scared less.
    Build is pretty original as well looking good.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hmm Guess I need to contact an airline to get to Norway. I haven't seen marbel spray paint here in the states.

Must go look again. Might be one of those if your not looking for it your not going to see it things LOL

Xtreme Member
    Hmm Guess I need to contact an airline to get to Norway. I haven't seen marbel spray paint here in the states.

Must go look again. Might be one of those if your not looking for it your not going to see it things LOL
    Here you go - Make It Stone!® Textured Paints (at least it looks pretty similar ? ) or this ?
    Last edited by Main; 01-05-2010 at 08:34 AM.

The magicool rads with the acrylic endtanks are prone to cracking... just fyi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Joe View Post
    The magicool rads with the acrylic endtanks are prone to cracking... just fyi
    Previous versions were bad - newer versions is ok as far as I know. We have built several systems with Magicool radiators and in some of the early systems leaks developed - in all cases - exept one - the customers had changed the liquid, added dyes or other additives. Luckily the systems survived.
    Anyway we replaced the bad radiators with other types, so the ones I have used now are replacements.

A very common reason for leaks in coolingcomponents with threaded plexi is that the people use tapered threaded nipples. We always use straight threads which are "good fingertightened" and threadsealant. Other known problems are additives in the coolant.
    If you can and there are alternatives - avoid plexi as the pledge
    We never deliver systems with dyes - silver coils and biocides that don't alter the pH ftw
    Last edited by Main; 01-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Xtreme Member

Yesterdays work :)

A lot of snow here (where the fuc* is that global warming Gore ??? - I need some asap ! ) my snowthrower had a hard day yesterday, and today it is minus 14 degrees C

Feser Monsta is ready to be installed, the neoprene antivibration mat is glued with Tec7 to the radiator. This side will face downwards.
    Koolance 1/4" connectors for filling and ventilating radiator is installed (I used liquid thread seal on the threads)

6ea. 140mm 1200 rpm. LianLi fans will be used for the radiator, blue on the push side and red on the pull side, as previously told these fans will be controlled by the Kaze Master server fancontroller which will measure watertemperature straight after the outlet from the motherboard (temperaturesensor on the picture seen here)

Allen bolts for both the radiator and the sidepanel can also be seen, plus 140mm gaskets that will go between the cabinets panel and fans.

I will actually have to mount the Monsta on the cabinet side first, this will be a little challenge : cabinet panel -> 3x fangrills -> 3x antivibration gasket -> 3x fans -> monsta radiator gasket -> monsta radiator !

I have also ordered a new reservoir - EK-Multioption RES 250 Rev. 2 w. anti cyclone (plus some other goodies) and I ordered a EK-Supreme HF - Acetal to replace Swiftech APOGEE XT.

And lastly I went back to the "drawing board" - with the EK reservoir I will install two more external fillports (filling/ventilating) for the reservoir.

I will also have to modify the hole for the power and breakoutcable's to the 6x ssd's - since the hole is a little "offset".

The problem :

Finally decided which bay hw I want/need :

From top;
    LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM (sata)
    Plextor PX-880 (sata)
    Kingwin SATA Hot-Swap - trayless / 3 bay
    Alphacool blue LCD display 200x64
    Aerocool 2000 touchscreen fancontroller
    Scythe Kaze server 5.25" fancontroller
    Last edited by Main; 01-05-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Xtreme Member

I visited Biltema in another errand today, I took pictures that might help you if you print it out and visit your local paintershop ?

no updates from me today - waiting for parts .... again

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yea they don't sell anything that looks like that here. There is textures stone or hammered steel, but that is about it. That sucks.

Xtreme Mentor
    great project
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    thx

I wrote "And lastly I went back to the "drawing board" - with the EK reservoir I will install two more external fillports (filling/ventilating) for the reservoir."

I have now reconsidered that - don't need external fillports for that loop.

Status for parts are ; Your item left the United States from ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) at 11:47 AM on January 8, 2010.
    Will probably here on wednesday if I'm lucky

Xtreme Addict
    I really love the interior paint. Nice idea on that !

Keep posting.
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Member
    ty

just dressed up the pumps with Bitspower D5 Mod Kit - Black Sparkle Finish

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Really nice work Main.
    I am interested as to how you got a red back in Norway, she's a long way from home.
    I find them from time to time around my house here in Perth.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kgtiger View Post
    Really nice work Main.
    I am interested as to how you got a red back in Norway, she's a long way from home.
    I find them from time to time around my house here in Perth.
    I think he bought it at the blackmarket, there are illegal to keep such "animals" in Norway - it's a NoWay

Remember one of the guys joked with : "the spider has escaped - who left the herbarium open ?" - one of the other guys was so scared that he left work
    We agreed that no one should make a joke like that again

I wasn't particular fond in it either, but it was no way it had a chance to escape from the herbarium. So I didn't mind.

Here is a nice pet

+13 kilos of cat... Maine Coon - it's name is n00b

Sold my DD torture rack earlier this week - so I am busy building a new one now - soon finished (use it for faultfinding and screening of cpu's / memory / vidcards) - all that's left now is to fasten the motherboard and hook up the cables.

(CPU cooler assy. can also be seen in that picture - we got five (I think) of these units, very powerfull cooling ! And VERY noisy fans !)

This weekend I will continue with xtreeme...
    Last edited by Main; 01-31-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Xtreme Member
    cant wait to see how it turns out ?

Current system:
    Corsair O8D LiquidAir
    EVGA X58 LE | Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA GTX 285 (waiting for Kepler)| X-Fi Fatal1ty | 1TB (SEAGATE), 2x150GB RAPTOR (raid 0) | TX950w

RUN ON AIR

My Flickr

I shall say hello from Main, he is hospitalized for the moment - nothing deadly
    He will not be able to continue his project for a while and was a bit worried about that too

I work together with Main - just in case a mod starts wonder about the same ip.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hay OcShoot send Main my best mate, I hope he gets better real soon!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kgtiger View Post
    Hay OcShoot send Main my best mate, I hope he gets better real soon!
    I'm back in action.... ehh almost - a bit temporary disabled for the moment

Norwegian sidewalks are fu**ing slippery when icy...

Xtreme Member

Small updates

After some thinking I decided that all three pumps will go into the lower compartment.

The height of all three Bitspower brackets had to be modified a bit ;

I also played around with the idea to use a straight fitting going trough the middle plate in the cabinet - but left the idea since I know that this will cause vibration transmitting from the D5 pump to the cabinet (more than necessarry that is) ;

Great fit tho

CPU/MB motherboard cooling ; 2 ea. D5's in series w. bitspower tops and modified bitspower brackets ;

Edit: OcShoot has promised me 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Wrap for the cabinet
    Expensive shi* - but looks freakin nice @ http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...ber_731181.htm
    Last edited by Main; 01-31-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Glad your back in action on the project, Main. Really like the inside paint and looking forward to see how you're fitting the monsta and PSU in there. NIce job.

Xtreme Member
    thx shazza, not very much back on the track tho.
    and honestly OcShoot is the architect ,so I asked if he wanne buy the cabinet and he said yes.
    I guess he would't publish his here - he is not so much of that bragging type - at least noe more hehe.(I wouldnt either after some burglar attempts) We are banging him constantly that he should brag _ at least publish his here. lets see!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's good to see you back up and running mate, err well at least shuffling, it's always a good sign.

Do I understand this right.
    You are selling the case to OcShoot?
    So what case will you be using then for this build?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12