Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Water 780, Big water 745, one big loop!

Big Water 780, Big water 745, one big loop!

Greetings all,
    I'm new to water cooling but has been an old overclockers.
    I was able to get the following stuff for a low price ( compared to the prices where I live )
    Thermaltake Big water 780e
    thermaltake big water 745
    Now let me tell you that thermaltake is the only brand available locally for water cooling where I live and I can't buy from the internet for too many reasons that have no place to be mentioned here.

Any way, I was thinking which loop do you think is the best to cool my Core i7 920 :
    1- Pump > CPU> 240 Rad. > 120 Rad. >Reserv.
    2- Pump > 240 Rad. >CPU > 120 Rad. >Reserv.
    I also use thermaltake spedo case and a Gigabyte EX58-Extreme mobo.

Thx
    ZCommander Out.......

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Before anyone bashes you for using ThermalTake you might want to read the the stickies. and some of the build logs.And hold off buying anything till you do.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Mentor
    X58 and thermaltake LOL.
    Thats like driving a ferrari with a yugo engine.

Where do you live exactly, in the basement of thermaltake?
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Be nice the guy is new. Teach him, don't make personal attacks.

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZCommander View Post
    Greetings all,
    I was able to get the following stuff for a low price ( compared to the prices where I live )
    Now let me tell you that thermaltake is the only brand available locally for water cooling where I live and I can't buy from the internet for too many reasons that have no place to be mentioned here.

Any way, I was thinking which loop do you think is the best to cool my Core i7 920 :

Thx
    ZCommander Out.......
    First off no one will help you with TT they hate it with a passion.

Secondly you will need another water block CPU than the TT especially for your !7 you will need one design for that CPU.

Third the pump is not reliable and weak and the 5.25 flow bayis useless it is a fish hook (a diamond sparkle on a mud rock)

I really recommend you to order at this website over the phone http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/sislcpugpuco.html they are great I live in Canada I order three time and received everything. Save your maney for a little longer and ask a parent with a credit card to order it for you and give them your hard cash for the payment and use his/her address for the credit card owner match.

Seriously TT look nice but they are built cheap you would rather want to buy best airflow fan to cool it. You might end up loosing all your hardware if doolant fall on the hardware it will tosted your PC.

The best loop for my opinion is:

1st loop -- Reservoir-->pump-->radiator-->CPU-->NB-->reservoir-->so on
    2sd loop -- reservoir-->pump-->radiator-->GPU1--GPU2-->reservoir-->so on

some pump generate heat that is why it is better to have the pump before the radiator.
    Last edited by Sn@ke:~; 03-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    As you can see "Z" like all places there are unkind people and some that are very helpful. I, myself have used some TT components but I heavily modified them to work better and some kind people here on the forum also aiding me in getting some better stuff. Before you buy anything do your research, get to know the guys and learn a bit about why they hate TT so much. You can build a killer loop for pretty close to what you were going to spend on the TT stuff.

Now that i'm in a position to get better stuff I am doing so. There are a lot of good people who are willing to help so just ignore the ones who bash. The ones that are more constructive will be along soon enough.

Now Showing:

my wife's system now!

'Want a real high?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know that the Thermaltake stuff looks attractive because of it's low price and it's claimed features, but avoid it like the plague. I had an experience with a buddies PC and a Thermlatke Kandalf LCS that the CPU block cracked and killed nearly everything in his case!! I am sure we can be very helpful in setting you up with a 10x better setup within a reasonable price range!! Just ask!!
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Thx fart_plume, I can't buy online not because I have no Credit card, it is because I live outside Europe and N. America which makes shopping online a little of a headache!

I currently live in the Middle east for work and let me tell you, thermaltake dominates the market here!
    I tried to avoid Thermaltake for water cooling as I've been reading too much in these forums, but I had no other choice!

If I ordered from the internet it's going to cost me too much for shipping+Taxes and also the time to receive the shipment.

Again, I'm only forced with what I have.

Sn@ke, what made you think I need parents help with a Credit card, I'm mature enough to have my own but I refuse...........( I won't be able to control myself you know )

Thx.
    ZCommander out!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    Ribbing is always in good fun.
    Where in the middle-east? You can pickup a lot of watercooling in turkiye.
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Xtreme Addict
    thermaltake is like swearing on this thread so lets try and keep it minimal. Now for the help well if as you say there is no watercooling locally for you and you cant order online then you can only do one thing, go to local autoparts and get an old Bonneville heater core and a can on spray paint, make it look nice which ever color suits your fancy, then go to a store which will carry pumps, pond supply or aquarium store they will have something look for Eheim now for the waterblock this is the hard part you wont want thermaltake for this I cant see going around online order and if your going to order one thing you may aswell order all your parts online
    Case: Corsair 400R
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    mobo: Maximus IV Gene
    CPU: 2500K @ 4.2ghz 1.19 volts
    RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 1866mhz 2 x 4 gigs
    OS Drive: Kingston Hyper X ssd 120 gig
    Graphics: XFX HD5850
    Cooling: Corsair H100

Ok let's say that I'm going to stick with what I have for now!
    Untill I can find an economical way to order online (which will take a long time I'm sure).

So enough of the Thermaltake hate, I live in Saudi Arabia now and work in a communication and distribution company.

Do u think it is better to switch these 2 kits with a Cooler master V10 for the same price?

Xtreme Mentor
    Ok let's say that I'm going to stick with what I have for now!
    Untill I can find an economical way to order online (which will take a long time I'm sure).

So enough of the Thermaltake hate, I live in Saudi Arabia now and work in a communication and distribution company.

Do u think it is better to switch these 2 kits with a Cooler master V10 for the same price?
    why not contact sidewinder, petra, or jabtech. All 3 will send to the middle-east.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Greetings all,

Thx
    ZCommander Out.......

oh no...he didn't!!

do yourself a favor and stay away from Tt when it comes to WC. if you can't get anything but Tt then just stick with air cooling you will get better results for a fraction of the price.
    Ci7 Wimpy

Xtreme Mentor
    I forgot to mention, as long as you have a bank account, you can use paypal.

ok, what has done has done!!!!

Now I'm stuck with TT!

I can't change any thing now, so which loop do you think is better?

Xtreme Member
    ok, what has done has done!!!!

Now I'm stuck with TT!

I can't change any thing now, so which loop do you think is better?

Ok I was on the nice wagon. I got off.

Coming in here and asking about TT is like walking into an AA meeting and asking if anyone would like to go out for a drink afterwords.

Yea going to get flamed. After everyone telling you it's a really BAD idea, giving you options and out's, and still insisting. Well that's a really bad idea. Your in the wrong forum.

The order will not make a difference with a TT setup. You will find that out soon enough. Your temps are going to be higher then if you bought a thermelright air heat sink.

Sn@ke, what made you think I need parents help with a Credit card

Thx.
    ZCommander out!
    Perhaps because you reefer to yourself as "ZCommander"?

on
    Last edited by Stealth42o; 03-16-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I kind of feel bad reading the flames. kind of. Is it too late to return the TT products?

Ahh, if only you knew how things work here stealth, I can't get a refund if I return the TT water cooling kits that I have!

Also there is no need to be hostile toward me just because I got TT!
    Again I know where this hostility is coming from, but again you guys have no idea what the market here is all about.
    Again, I can't buy online for many personal reason that has to do with the country regulations and again I can't state them here.

So if you guys want to be this hostile, be hostile toward TT and not me.

Also what's wrong with "ZCommander" Alias, I couldn't chose the Alias I usually use because it is taken, so I just came up with this one.

Xtreme Member
    You're better off sticking with air cooling on the cpu in your situation then. You may have got a killer deal with TT, but it may cost you big $$ in the future. GL and HF with watercooling.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I used to have a TT armor case for a very long time.

I would recommend the following:

• Pump RPM monitoring or some means to shut down if you have a pump fail
    • Run some sort of anticorrosive fluid. I believe the rads are aluminum, so you'll need that.
    • Frequently inspect the copper components for galvanic corrosion. Maybe every two months.
    • Keep a close eye on the waterblock for any signs of cracking

Most of the problems with thermaltake systems has generally been the pumps failing, the block tops cracking, or corrosion due to mixing copper and aluminum together in the same loop.

As long as you have some sort of failsafe for the pumps, it should be ok. Make sure your CPU also has a thermal shutdown temperature enabled on the MB.

The block cracking isn't something you can protect from other than to watch them very carefully. There isn't any genuine anticonductive coolant, so you'll just have to watch that very carefully.

The galvanic corrosion can be minimized by using a good ethelene glycol based antifreeze or dye that contains those properties and by routine inspections. It's not something that will happen overnight, but you will see the copper bits turning black as the aluminum ions transfer over from the aluminum to the copper pieces. Most problem I think occur with straight water systems, make sure you have an anti corrosive additive in there.

That would be my suggestion if that's all you can buy. But if you can buy that through some sort of retail chain, I'm sure you can buy a swiftech kit as well. I'd run a Swiftech H120 or H220 kit any day over a TT kit system. The swiftech kit parts are all good parts, pumps from Laing, all copper loops, etc.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 03-16-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    To the OP: I'd read all you can and make the best of what you have. If you have a really cool place to put the PC (not 27C) in and the proper mounts to put a TT system on a i7 CPU, give it a try. With both pumps in series and both rads in the same big loop you should be able to cool the CPU. Just be careful.

This forum is the uber top notch when it comes to PC and PC cooling. Look at it this way. We all know a Bentley (theroretical) is the dream vehicle. We can't all afford it but we have stuff close to it's ability, we strive for the best here. many have made and generated hundreds of flowcharts, tests, spreadsheets, thermal test charts, pump etc etc etc reviews. Driving up with a 1992 Yugo and saying, "I wanna make this fast and race" is just a sin to many folks here.

Only the best is considered even worth discussion here. There are tons of other forums round the world that are less hardcore.

Read a lot and give it your best shot. If the WC don't work out, look at some high end air cooling stuff. I bet it will do better for temps and longevity than the TT stuff will.

Best of luck, please feel free to PM me for help. Try OC Forums, say you know Conumdrum and wanna make it work. Maybe we can even find you a good UK parts source.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Martinm210 and Conumdrum thx for your help, I'll try to change the water cooling kits with an air cooling solution from coolermaster if the shop manager agrees ( keep your fingers crossed).

Coolermaster V10 here I come................

Xtreme Mentor
    Coolermaster V10 is nice, it's silly huge and have you read any reviews on a good forum?
    There are many good air coolers besides that monstrosity for sure. Look up Thermalright. Here are some UK store links. Maybe they can ship to SA cheap.

UK Stores based Online Stores
    coolercases.co.uk :
    aqua-pcs.co.uk closed
    specialtech.co.uk
    candccentral.co.uk
    watercoolingshop.com
    thecoolingshop.com
    over-clock.co.uk
    watercoolinguk.co.uk
    chilledpc.co.uk
    kustompcs.co.uk
    Last edited by Conumdrum; 03-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Addict
    From what I've heard the Cooler master V8 is a much better choice than the v10. The tec included with it is a joke and just heats up the case itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast