Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D-Tek Fuzion Nozzle Kit Pressure Drop Test Results

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigys View Post
    I saw yes, just tested myself. Block was apart, i blowed on the intake and the air escaped trough the outtake even when i covered the back of the center whole, this i had mentioned earlier but not given any attention.

Now i found a capsule in my workshop and made it so that it sealed it, and the base was not bowed.

But the nozzle's, cant get them anywhere in the country here... Will search for a home made thingy, thanks anyway .
    the DIY way would be to get a O-ring of the right thickness (around 1 - 1.3 mm) and of the right diameter then place it in the block (you may have to use a dab of glue to keep it in place). The O rings can be found in any hardware or plumbing stores

Xtreme Member
    so which one should I use with this

D-TEK FuZion CPU Waterblock - 1/2" with D-Tek FuZion Accelerator Nozzle Kit

D-Tek FuZion GFX GPU Waterblock

2X Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Water-block

Danger Den Bay Reservoir High-Density Polyethylene

PrimoChill Radiator Xtreme Series 360

Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump

Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

loop (Res>Pump>Rad>CPU>GPU>NB>SB>Res)

Xtreme Mentor
    Are you talking the nozzle? I have a E6600, kinda same setup. Reading through tons of old posts about this I saw Martin said a 5.5 with regular washer (comes in kit) for an E6600. Your milage may vary, but start with a 5.5 or none, if ya want..
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Sorry I havn't completed any thermal testing yet, starting over now so it'll be a while.

I'd probably just run a washer only or maybe a 6.3 on something that restrictive. But in the end, heat load should be your bigger concern and adding another radiator or stronger fans would probably make a bigger difference.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Are you talking the nozzle? I have a E6600, kinda same setup. Reading through tons of old posts about this I saw Martin said a 5.5 with regular washer (comes in kit) for an E6600. Your milage may vary, but start with a 5.5 or none, if ya want..
    well I have the 4.5 in there and it didnt really change the temps much from out of the box maybe 2-3c at most, just saw this thread and was thinking if I should change it see if it helps might do it tomorrow, do you got a pic of your loop ? 20-37 is that the cpu temp ? and what v-core are you using and room temp
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Sorry I havn't completed any thermal testing yet, starting over now so it'll be a while.

I'd probably just run a washer only or maybe a 6.3 on something that restrictive. But in the end, heat load should be your bigger concern and adding another radiator or stronger fans would probably make a bigger difference.
    thanks for your time nice test, but I already have 6X Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm Blue LED Fans on the rad, idk what to do now
    Last edited by DOM.; 02-10-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hang another 360 radiator on your case somewhere...
    Should be good for a few degrees anyhow.

I like lots of radiator and I have 2 MCR320's and one MCR220 in/on my armor...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Hang another 360 radiator on your case somewhere...
    Should be good for a few degrees anyhow.

I like lots of radiator and I have 2 MCR320's and one MCR220 in/on my armor...
    well I do have another PrimoChill Radiator Xtreme Series 360 but it was bent from usps and they didnt sent the postage to send it back so I kept it but where can I hang a 360 rad lol do you got a pic of your rig ?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    This is an old picture, but you'll get the idea on the mcr320's. The MCR220 is now in the front of the case.

When there is a will there is a way...

Newer picture of the three loops:

Xtreme Member
    yeah I seen that with the rads but got my lil girl and im in her room she only 6days old and I know when she gets bigger she might rip one off lol

wow I though mine was bad before I canged my case lol lots of tubing

Banned
    Nice tubing forest in that case

Nice idea on the radiators, made me think of wings or propulsors off Star Wars

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigys View Post
    But the nozzle's, cant get them anywhere in the country here... Will search for a home made thingy, thanks anyway .
    http://www.aquatuning.de

They have the nozzles mate http://www.aquatuning.de/product_inf...ozzle-Kit.html

I just ordered them myself I ordered my whole Wc kits from them, pretty good and fast online shop...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

just want to say thanks for the review on the accelerator kit.
    very informative.

nice setup in the case also BTW

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, Martin, it is an extremely useful information in this post.
    Also thanks for revealing the leakage issue on a stock D-Tek fuzion without o-ring, it helped a lot!
    Foxconn BlackOps, 2x1Gb Corsair Dominator 1800C7DF 7-6-5-18-1T@1720Mhz@2.05V, QX9650@4.3GHz@1.456V@58C@430x4 FSB 4 cores 100% full load (D-Tek Fuzion with quad core nozzle, Magicool Nova Xtreme 1080 with 9xNoctua P12 ULNA mode, EVGA 9800GX2 @780/1960/1127@40C max loaded), 2x150Gb Raptor/ Raid-0+Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U, Lian Li 343B-WCE-custom, Vista Ultimate 64

GPU-Z validation
    3dmark06 result=24067

"If someone wants us to be happy consumers, please engineer your products, don't just make and market those things ... "

holy damn, I thought I was bad with my tubing, thats a crazy forest.
    You have a lot of T's in there, ever thought of using Y splitters instead?
    I bet going through that mess and swapping them out would net you a little.
    frozen cpu sells Y splitters pretty cheap

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by tastyratz View Post
    holy damn, I thought I was bad with my tubing, thats a crazy forest.
    You have a lot of T's in there, ever thought of using Y splitters instead?
    I bet going through that mess and swapping them out would net you a little.
    frozen cpu sells Y splitters pretty cheap
    These are straight through 3/4" brass Tees. I tested 5/8" copper Tees and restriction is so low, I pretty much couldn't barely even measure it with a manometer good to .1" of pressure resolution. We're talking a coulple of inches in pressure drop at peak flow rates so for all practical purposes you can consider a 3/4" T restrictionless.

3/4" Q-Pex Brass T's and Elbows are the least restrictive commercial fitting you can buy after copper. The brass elbows have a nicely machined radius internally, not quite as good as copper, but the next best thing. I got tired of making copper fittings, so I figured I'd try these brass ones out and polish them up nice.

But yeah, three loops means tubing management. I thought I was doing pretty good with the wire managment hiding everthing behind the MB....then I had to hook up the tubing.

Not done yet though, eventually I'll either buy or make some mosfet blocks to complete my forest...
    Last edited by Martinm210; 03-05-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom7184 View Post
    well I do have another PrimoChill Radiator Xtreme Series 360 but it was bent from usps and they didnt sent the postage to send it back so I kept it but where can I hang a 360 rad lol do you got a pic of your rig ?

Question: Are you going pump->southbridge->northbridge->vga->cpu->radiator->pump? With the cpu last in the loop?

Xtreme Member
    The output of his pump goes to the 3x120 in the back, then to the CPU and so on. The pump is mounted with the inlet on the top, rather than the out being on top if was mounted horizontally.

I am Xtreme
    looks like the cpu is 1st to me ????
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
    Question: Are you going pump->southbridge->northbridge->vga->cpu->radiator->pump? With the cpu last in the loop?
    res>pump>rad>cpu>gpu>nb>sb>res
    Quote Originally Posted by taowulf View Post
    The output of his pump goes to the 3x120 in the back, then to the CPU and so on. The pump is mounted with the inlet on the top, rather than the out being on top if was mounted horizontally.
    Quote Originally Posted by disruptfam View Post
    looks like the cpu is 1st to me ????
    you guys where right

new pic of loop same order

Xtreme Member
    Just out of curiosity, can someone link me to the washer needed to do the washer mod and where to install it please?

Thank you.

EDIT: NVM, I just saw the post saying it comes with the kit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123