Thread: Durelene PVC tubing, anyone use it?

Xtreme Member

Durelene PVC tubing, anyone use it?

I've been using Primochill LRT red tubing and switching over to a clear tube for the new build i'm working on. I keep reading that the primochill clear has a blue tint which i'm trying to avoid. Tygon also clouds really easy so i'm avoiding that also.

Has anyone used this Duralene PVC tubing?? I did a search on the forum and I was shocked to not see any threads about it.
    HW: TJ08B-E | i5-3570k | Maximus V Gene | G.skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1600 | GTX 670 FTW | Mushkin 120GB & 240GB SSD | Seasonic X750 Gold |

WC: Monsoon Res | D5 Pump | Raystorm CPU WB | Razor GPU WB | Phobya 200mm Rad (AP181 Push) | EK 120mm Rad (ZM-SF3 Push) | Primoflex Advanced LRT 1/2" x 3/4"

Silent TJ08B-E - Current Rig
    TU-200 - Old Rig
    Water Box Xtreme - Old Rig

I am Xtreme
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    ah crap.. well you know i looked at that earlier for a different tube and didn't realize duralene was on the list...

It looks like good stuff on that review but i'm curious as to how it holds out long term with cloudyness etc.
    HW: TJ08B-E | i5-3570k | Maximus V Gene | G.skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1600 | GTX 670 FTW | Mushkin 120GB & 240GB SSD | Seasonic X750 Gold |

WC: Monsoon Res | D5 Pump | Raystorm CPU WB | Razor GPU WB | Phobya 200mm Rad (AP181 Push) | EK 120mm Rad (ZM-SF3 Push) | Primoflex Advanced LRT 1/2" x 3/4"

TU-200 - Old Rig

Xtreme Member
    Having just built my system 2 months ago, I can't tell you how it behaves long term, but I'm quite happy with it for the price it cost me! Fairly good bend radius and shiny enough

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumper2high View Post
    Having just built my system 2 months ago, I can't tell you how it behaves long term, but I'm quite happy with it for the price it cost me! Fairly good bend radius and shiny enough
    Thanks! just picked up 7ft from sidewinder, $10 total! i probably only need about 4-5ft but at that price it was hard not to pick up a little extra for future use.

TU-200 - Old Rig

Xtreme Member
    I bought ~15ft when I was getting it, was playing it safe since it had to travel halfway across the world (~7000 miles) so I didn't want to run out .

Ended up with about 6-7 feet extra after doing a CPU only loop.

Xtreme 3D Team
    PrimoChill LRT clear does not have a blue tint, and I'd know that because I'm using some in my loop, and also have 2ft of it in my left hand.
    I can't see any tint at all. Looks grey/clearish. That said, the surface isn't tacky like waterlogged's link says. It's pretty smooth.

The LRT in my loop is now 2 and a half months old and hasn't clouded 1%.

That said, hope you are happy with the Duralene.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 09-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    I still have some Durelene tubing left. I prefer it somewhat more than Tygon since it doesn't plasticize as easily and is pretty flexible. However, it is still rigid. So don't plan on making any tight bends.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    PrimoChill LRT clear does not have a blue tint, and I'd know that because I'm using some in my loop, and also have 2ft of it in my left hand.
    I can't see any tint at all. Looks grey/clearish. That said, the surface isn't tacky like waterlogged's link says. It's pretty smooth.

The LRT in my loop is now 2 and a half months old and hasn't clouded 1%.

That said, hope you are happy with the Duralene.
    That's what I was waiting to hear... looking at the photos in the review waterlog posted above the primochill looks kinda blue and that's why i was avoiding it... I love primochill tubing so I may have to pick some up and scrap the duralene i just bought.. it was only $10 lol

TU-200 - Old Rig

Xtreme Addict
    You guys do realize the tubing Beepbeep is talking about is entirely different from the Primochill tubing in the test? The test used Primoflex, an earlier version of the Primochill LRT, what Beepbeep is talking about. Primochill LRT is actually one of the best types of tubing out there right now.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    ah i had no clue!! I thought the stuff in the test was LRT lol.. I'm sticking with LRT then for sure!

now to figure out what i'm gonna do with the 7ft of Durelene i just bought... if anyone wants it hit me up with a PM. free + shipping
    Last edited by ScottyPimpin; 09-08-2010 at 08:01 AM.

TU-200 - Old Rig

I am Xtreme
    Yeah, the stuff in that review is the old "used condom sticky" stuff, it's nothing like the new LRT stuff.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Yeah, the stuff in that review is the old "used condom sticky" stuff, it's nothing like the new LRT stuff.
    thanks for the imagry

Xtreme 3D Team
    I'd take a pic, but I couldnt find a camera. 100% clear, a little stiff but bends like no tomorrow. I'm pretty hooked.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Just got PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT about a month ago. Horrible stuff. Clouding and a yellow tinge after a months usage. Got some Durelene on the way, can't wait... even if it's something else, at least this way I can eliminate the tubing as a factor for the issue...

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Mentor
    Post is a bit old, your 2.1 years behind the curve. The Primo issue has been discussed here starting 4-5 months ago or more.

Should or read the posts a bit more I guess. Sorry for your loss, clouding means clouding and don't hurt the loop one bit.

No mention on your liquid, your rig, temps etc. Let us know more please.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    Just got PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT about a month ago. Horrible stuff. Clouding and a yellow tinge after a months usage. Got some Durelene on the way, can't wait... even if it's something else, at least this way I can eliminate the tubing as a factor for the issue...
    Any chance you have EK nickel plated blocks in your loop? I've been running the clear LRT for a long time and only had that problem after introducing EK's nickel plated blocks into it. Turns out i had corrosion building in the blocks and the plating was flaking off.

I got rid of the EK blocks and haven't had the problem since.

TU-200 - Old Rig

Xtreme Mentor
    LRT had a bad batch. And no idea if they fixed it. That's the big question. LRT is AWESOME tubing if it doesn't cloud. Clouding happens in all tubing, but it was really bad in that batch. And Primochill didn't fess up very well to the issues. Bad taste in my mouth. Another decent tubing is the newer DD tubing, but not sure if availible since DD is shutting it's doors soon. Vendors still have it though. Maybe BoxGods knows about the tubing, dunno.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Used over 3 years.

Have used the 1/2x3/4 stuff for about 5 years now. Yes it clouds due to slow evap. but the tubing was in for over 3 years and additives were the problem there was a coating of a whitish powder. When I cleaned it out , the tubing was clear again.. It was not block corrosion but I think a reaction to when I changed from the green stuff to pure water and copper sulfate or bi-sulfate. Most likely i didn't wash the tubing well enough when i switched.
    To make harder bends, I have heated the tubing in boiling water and put in into the bend and twist , yes twist to help tight bends, then set it with cold water, ice water is good for a few minuets then cut the part i need. Have made near 90 deg or even 180 deg bends that way in very very tight spaces. The 180s are in about 2 to 3 inch radius bends.
    I don't use other tubing even though i have had some to sample as the cost from sidewinder and others for this tubing is just outstanding and many times adding a 60 or 30 deg angle fitting is easier and cleaner. If i need a hard bend the heat and hold has worked like a champ.

Thumbs up more info

Quote Originally Posted by Bree View Post
    Have used the 1/2x3/4 stuff for about 5 years now. Yes it clouds due to slow evap. but the tubing was in for over 3 years and additives were the problem there was a coating of a whitish powder. When I cleaned it out , the tubing was clear again.. It was not block corrosion but I think a reaction to when I changed from the green stuff to pure water and copper sulfate or bi-sulfate. Most likely i didn't wash the tubing well enough when i switched.
    To make harder bends, I have heated the tubing in boiling water and put in into the bend and twist , yes twist to help tight bends, then set it with cold water, ice water is good for a few minuets then cut the part i need. Have made near 90 deg or even 180 deg bends that way in very very tight spaces. The 180s are in about 2 to 3 inch radius bends.
    I don't use other tubing even though i have had some to sample as the cost from sidewinder and others for this tubing is just outstanding and many times adding a 60 or 30 deg angle fitting is easier and cleaner. If i need a hard bend the heat and hold has worked like a champ.
    Ok now 2017 and 3 of the 4 puters still have it in.. one new computer i used hard tube... but the other 3 have had new MB/CPU/Water blocks but still the same tubing.. very very happy with it.. not cloudy <stained a bit from color in water but its still using the same colors so no big deal.. still flexable and useful>