Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Slumber Parties UPDATED 11-19-09 10:05PM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just one assembly shot for now. I need to let the paint cure more on the buttons.

One lock is with the hammered steel paint. The other is just stock. The exterior of the case, power supply, and rad/s will both have texture to the paint. So I felt the hammered steel would be a better look on the drive locks then the shinny gloss black that comes stock.

I'm open for opinions.
    Last edited by scgt1; 01-13-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Any worklog of the girl in your avatar?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Project Slumber Parties aka PSP Liquid Cooling Work Log

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
    ...........So I felt the hammered steel would be a better look on the drive locks then the shinny gloss black that comes stock.
    +1
    As of 04/29/11
    Celtic Spirit >> (Under Construction / WC’ed) >> Antec SX1200, MSI 890GXM-E65, PII X6 1055T, 2 x GTX 285s, HDDs (TBD), 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, OCZ 700W Modular, XP Pro SP2
    KestrelFlight v1.0 >> (To Be WC’ed v2.0) Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I still haven't gotten around to putting all the rest of the locks together. I got back in touch with Bei Fei and dropped off the window panel with him again today to have some more cuts done.

Remember a bit back when I said that CM wouldn't fill my parts request for buttons? LOL Tuesday I received 6 new drive locks. Not sure if they are complete or not (the ones they sent with the third window panel weren't) Doesn't really matter. I don't need them anymore so I will just have extras laying around. I will be picking up the panel today sometime and then running it to the powdercoater. I may actually have a case back soon.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Got my new waterblock in the mail today and picked up the window panel from Bei Fei then ran to the powdercoaters to drop of parts of the cpu block and the panel. I should have a ready case early next week.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just placed a group purchase from MDPC over on EVGA Forums:
    Black w/ HS = 28.5 meters
    White w/ HS = 21 meters
    Red sleeve = 13 meters
    Red heatshrink = 1.5 meters
    Total $76.09

WOW my head hurts with all this meters crap. Damn Europeans!
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    Sounds good. Hurry up with the pics of your powedercoated parts!
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sounds like he has another 45 minutes on them. BOUGHT F%$%# TIME!!!
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm so pissed it isn't even funny. This guy has been stalling and screwing me around since Mid December. Only a few parts even look powdercoated the rest look like they have been painted. I already had it painted once I know what paint looks like on raw metal. The parts that are smooth are actually powdercoated. The rest of this looks terrible. During the day today he gave me some pictures via email and he had the outside panel painted red when it should have been wrinkle black. So what did he do went right over the damn thing in what looks like the wrinkle paint you get at a auto parts store for trunks. Its a different shade and doesn't hardly have any texture on it like the top and bottom panels do. I'm so pissed off. There are spots that have black showing through where he attempted to fix screwups in color and change the color. There are bumpy chunks all over the place on many pieces. The hold down for my new Swiftech XT didn't even get the chrome taken off of it to allow proper adheision of the powder/PAINT. Because he had a metal hanger holding it and of course didn't get anything where the hanger was touching the metal. Shouldn't powder flow and cover that once its heated up? I thought powder flows and fills in any imperfections in the metal. The pieces he did a long time ago sure did and are smooth.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. Part of me wants to beedblast it all over again and paint it myself like the first time. At least it looked good until I put the glaze on it.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Following is the wonderful work done by Jacob Cozby of www.ideal-coatings.com in Garland, TX

HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Exterior Pieces

Some more misc pictures

Notice the color difference? The one on the left is the same paint I put on it. Also pictured ontop the next photo.

Notice how the so called wrinkle black isn't the same texture?

Pretty nice huh? Yea terrible quality work especially compared to my previous paint job. Which was MUCH BETTER!!!
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    Wow. that case got bright..... FAST!, i love that Bloodrage, i love mine, and i love yours, i love bloodrage.
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

I'm sorry to see that.
    Disheartening...

Are you able to get that taken care of? I hope you got some amount of money back...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezly View Post
    I'm sorry to see that.
    Disheartening...

Are you able to get that taken care of? I hope you got some amount of money back...
    Haven't gotten anything yet. My fiance said she wants to deal with him now. She called him last night and asked him what he did? He said well I powder coated it. She said really? She told him something needs to be done considering its all junk work and half a$$ed. He said he can fix it. She told him we have been out there too many times and that he never had anything completed each time I've talked to him when he said he had things completed. She told him she doesn't want him to fix it. He said I can refund some of the money yea we can work something out. She said well I'm on the phone now. He said to get back with him today with an email discussing what we wanted to do as a solution.

Shes been doing her business taxes all day though so............

Side note though I've been painting 6 Yate Loon 120mm fans.
    I tried using the Krylon Fusions paint, but for some reason something was on some of the fan blades that didn't allow the paint to adhere and I had black circles hear and there all over several of the blades. So I shot them with primer and that did the same thing. So I said hell the hammered steel stuff has divits about the size of all these little circles.

Considering something was on the blades the hammered steel paint made it uniform and actually adhere to the spots everything else wouldn't. I then started going over the black with red. Still doing coats will post some shots tomorrow. Hopefully they turn out ok. If not I really didn't pay anything for them and will get Ultra Kaze 3000rpm ones and start over. Those I should be able to just use the Krylon Fusions paint since they will be new and wont have anything odd on the blades you can't see that keeps paint from sticking.

Hopefully I didn't add too much weight to the fans and the motors will still spin them at speed since they are only Mediums and being used for the rads.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That sucks dude...I hope you get things sorted out.

1. I'm sure this guy is intolerable but I suggest anything you want to work out with him, do it over the phone or in person. Save the e-mail for when you actually have agreement on some things: Emails are too easy to ignore. If you'll excuse me saying so in your worklog, seriously that guy made a mess of your case. I would try for full refund plus full media-blast (assuming he has that equipment? which powder coater doesn't??) to remove everything so you can take it elsewhere to start anew.

2. I think your used Yates are dirty and that's why the paint is not sticking. Try not to apply too many coats because the more you spray, the more chance there is that the blades are imbalanced, and then they won't spin evenly and properly.

Best of luck man.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Side Panel Looks nice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    That sucks dude...I hope you get things sorted out.

1. I'm sure this guy is intolerable but I suggest anything you want to work out with him, do it over the phone or in person. Save the e-mail for when you actually have agreement on some things: Emails are too easy to ignore. If you'll excuse me saying so in your worklog, seriously that guy made a mess of your case. I would try for full refund plus full media-blast (assuming he has that equipment? which powder coater doesn't??) to remove everything so you can take it elsewhere to start anew.

2. I think your used Yates are dirty and that's why the paint is not sticking. Try not to apply too many coats because the more you spray, the more chance there is that the blades are imbalanced, and then they won't spin evenly and properly.

Best of luck man.
    Honestly I don't want him touching my parts anymore. More factual I took a look at our small claims court laws here in TX through the State Bar Web Site:
    Bascially if you have factual evidence for your claim the court will rule that the defendant would have to reimburse the charges, monetary damages for the hassle basically, my court costs, time, travel all the times to his place and for travel to court, and he would have to pay for it to be done properly.

So with him saying he can refund some of the money back to my fiance isn't going to work if thats what he is thinking of doing. Even if he is thinking of refunding the full amount that isn't enough. Not even close. I've got 90 emails back and forth with him and his lies and excuses telling me this and that is done when it really isn't because weeks later he is saying he has to do something with that same piece.

If he is only refunding what I paid him I will take him to small claims court. I've got all emails and the hard factual proof sitting on my kitchen table of his shaddy work.

Considering he operates under a business name I hope for him he files his taxes because if he doesn't when the judge asks him if he does the IRS will have a field day with this guy. He will bring that uppon him self through the courts if he doesn't handle this disaster properly without us seeking legal matters.

Back to the fans.

I don't think its too heavy and its even light coats so I think it will be ok. If not well I got a Lian Li case, two swiftech 320 qp rads a mcp-355 pump and the fans for $100 bucks so I didn't pay for the fans really. LOL I'm also going through a claim with UPS right now for damaging the case. (The case I wasn't really after and didn't buy the stuff for) LOL so I'll get $100 bucks back to go toward the build and when I get around to it I'll try to order the replacement parts for the Lian Li and probably use it in the living room as a HTPC.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bei Fei View Post
    Side Panel Looks nice
    Wonder why?

Thanks Bei Fei!
    Too bad Jacob did a shaddy job on the case though.
    Last edited by scgt1; 08-10-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Whoa - you had me going. I missed the post before the pics started where you said what a lousy job he did - as I was going through the pics, I was thinking "hmmm, he really thinks this is a good job ???"

Sorry about the way it turned out ... good luck coming to a solution.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh btw forgot to mention. I see you powdercoated the XT elliptical inlet positioning piece. I'm not sure that's a good idea considering it comes in contact with water. Generally you want as few foreign materials to come in contact with your coolant as possible.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    Oh btw forgot to mention. I see you powdercoated the XT elliptical inlet positioning piece. I'm not sure that's a good idea considering it comes in contact with water. Generally you want as few foreign materials to come in contact with your coolant as possible.
    That piece is copper to begin with and is chrome dipped or powdered. So I don't think it will hurt anything once its properly coated and that bur is taken off.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Whoa - you had me going. I missed the post before the pics started where you said what a lousy job he did - as I was going through the pics, I was thinking "hmmm, he really thinks this is a good job ???"

Sorry about the way it turned out ... good luck coming to a solution.
    Lol yea that was some serious sarcasm.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    WOW I've been busy both with the build and around the house. I've got a ton of photos and information to update with, but as usual I'm busy so hopefully today I will get a chance to do a nice update.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
    WOW I've been busy both with the build and around the house. I've got a ton of photos and information to update with, but as usual I'm busy so hopefully today I will get a chance to do a nice update.

Okay and ............................... Looking forward to the updates!
    As of 04/29/11
    Celtic Spirit >> (Under Construction / WC’ed) >> Antec SX1200, MSI 890GXM-E65, PII X6 1055T, 2 x GTX 285s, HDDs (TBD), 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, OCZ 700W Modular, XP Pro SP2
    KestrelFlight v1.0 >> (To Be WC’ed v2.0) Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well that convention I've been talking about is right around the corner. We will be leaving at 5am. I'm sure I'll finally have time to update this sucker with some actual information since I will be away from the house and yard which has been eating me alive. Go figure the last shipment of flowers came in the mail today too. So I will be busy when we get back planting those. Seems like it never ends.

So I'm sure during the next 4 days while she is in classes and such I will be able to upload photos to photobucket and get some results in this thread. Although I haven't had a chance to take photos of alot of more parts. Hmmmm maybe I can sneak some with us and shoot out our window at the hotel or something.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    Hurry up and get it done so you can help us fold :-)
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast