Thread: where should my resources go? (quad+260GTX graphics)

where should my resources go? (quad+260GTX graphics)

Hey all, I'm a new member and I'm trying to decide between the combo of WCG and GPU GRID here, or FOLDING@HOME CPU/GPU. I have a 260 Gtx Core 216 oced to 673 mhz and a q6600 running @ 3.1 on air cooling. Let me know why I should choose XS WCG/GPUGRID instead of XS F@H.
    Jonathan P. Figdor

CM HAF Full Tower
    i7 860 @ 3.6 ghz
    water-cooling
    GTX 260 Core 216 (mild oc)
    119 Solid state OS drive
    4X1 Tb internal storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Because XSWcg is sooo much fun.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd put WCG on your CPU. Run F@H on your GPU. Win/win
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^^ That will work
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Da Goose
    Let da Goose guide you...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    There really is no bad choice. The best thing you can do is join a distributive computing project. (and make sure you're on the XS team!)

Personally, I chose WCG because just because I wanted to see what it was about. I had done F@H for 3 years prior to WCG, but after trying WCG I never turned back. For me it's a combination of reasons - but it just came down to which one was right for me. The two biggest things for me were the ease of WCG - install and forget. I monitor most of my computers almost every day, but it's nice to know I don't EVER have to. And second, it has multiple projects. Yes I love proteome folding, but there is so much out there that can benifit from the CPU grid.

That's just my opinion and the reasons behind why I chose what I did, but do what's best for you. Noone can tell you that. Either way, your in the right place, welcome to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by vassar007 View Post
    Hey all, I'm a new member and I'm trying to decide between the combo of WCG and GPU GRID here, or FOLDING@HOME CPU/GPU. I have a 260 Gtx Core 216 oced to 673 mhz and a q6600 running @ 3.1 on air cooling. Let me know why I should choose XS WCG/GPUGRID instead of XS F@H.
    Welcome buddy. You posted this same post, carbon copy in 3 diff threads... (albeit one of them was in another section). Anything more and it might be considered spamming. Thanks for reading.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd put WCG on your CPU. Run F@H on your GPU. Win/win
    One more vote for this

Perkam