Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive suggestions for competitions

Xtreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    If it only were 8 hours ... some boards have received close to 100h of my undivided attention. And I'm sure there are a lot more others out there in the same situation. Doing all this for nothing but the board; in fact, some manufacturers even dare to ask the board back afterwards .

Free hardly ever is free.
    Bingo Massman

I bet the xpower took more than 100h of your time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "realy magic isnt card tricks, big cribs and cars b1tch
    its 6 gig vantage full pass without 2v sh1t" Young Pro

Xtreme Member
    should word "compensate".

anywho uncle fester i think what honda is saying is, hes just glad that we are not giving out products to select overclockers to win in our competition like some others have done in the past.

since there are rumors always going around saying this company cheated and sampled boards and vga to this and that person soley for the competition. honestly.. what is the point of having a public competition if you choose the winners. might as well have it a closed competition.

PI in the face
    rumor no, pretty sure it was fact but you are being polite which is nice
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    hahahaha

Aussie God
    Massman; If only 100 hours could do it... Looking back; I wont even re-think how much time was spend on my first P55 in ?June? last year..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    should word "compensate".

anywho uncle fester i think what honda is saying is, hes just glad that we are not giving out products to select overclockers to win in our competition like some others have done in the past.

since there are rumors always going around saying this company cheated and sampled boards and vga to this and that person soley for the competition. honestly.. what is the point of having a public competition if you choose the winners. might as well have it a closed competition.
    Sorry to bring it up again, but Brian.... so far I believe that sums up all ASUS competitions...
    3x3 was open?
    Has AOOC ever been open?
    ROG event in Sweden, was that open??

I am trying to look back, I just cant find much open events from ASUS, its cool that you guys want in, but, honestly, its a bit early and cheap to be preaching when it havent been shown yet.
    After quater a year with massive competitions from ASUS, open and freely, it'll actually have some value to it, but at the moment, its just hot air.

Bare in mind; Gigabyte and MSI might have had some issues with online competitions, but I'd love seeing ASUS not running into any.... I just dont think its a good idea being so confident before actually having held any....
    AND all live events from Gigabyte and MSI, the competitors, have been working out quite well - only a very few mistakes has been made, and mostly made up for.

Sorry to be harsh on you; But I really think there is too much talk to it, and too little action.... There is an old saying "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?", please, ASUS should do so...
    Make the competitions, show everyone how it should be done, I am sure that will give alot more cudos....

PS: The ROG event is in a seperate thread, this thread is supposed to be about how the community would be pleased with the competitions being ran, regulations and debate among members, back and forth. This while vendors follow in the shadow. (Which I have faith in reps from MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, AMD are already doing)
    Last edited by M.Beier; 07-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member
    i totally agree i shouldnt talk the talk until i can prove myself, which is why we ran 3x3 closed to learn from many of the mistakes. yea i may be a bit over confident, but i have also put on many live events the past 2 years. and quakecon is really nothing compared to logistics with other events. but you are right, i guess we shall see how the results are after quakecon.

in regards to manufactures being in the shadow, thats just not my style. i rather interact with you guys to figure out what will improve asus events because honestly 3x3 and this upcoming event have all had many hours of consultation with many overclockers. and to get more feedback to see how this industry will grow is my key objective. im not saying that i want to talk about only asus events, im just chiming in my thoughts from my opinion and my perspective. at the same time you guys may get an idea of what manufactures want to see in return from these competitions.

having my voice may give both of us a win win situation rather than just putting on a good show. im sure you guys want something out of it, and so do we, otherwise oc events is really just a one sided thing. thats just my opinion... or i guess i can just create my own thread, what you guys want to see from asus events...
    Last edited by Brian@ASUS; 07-28-2010 at 10:16 PM.

silver wall jumper X
    Great thread title!
    Here's my input. I would to see competitions made for us overclockers, so please make it a competition and not a marketing trip...challenge us as overclockers, and don't let us walk into a lottery. Especially not when the tickets aren't random...

Xtreme Member
    ^ I think that's a lot easier said than done. (=

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Great thread title!
    Here's my input. I would to see competitions made for us overclockers, so please make it a competition and not a marketing trip...challenge us as overclockers, and don't let us walk into a lottery. Especially not when the tickets aren't random...
    Intel and Mobo manufacturer might do this.. but any overclocking event sponsored my manufacturers is driven basically by marketting groups...

if Fugger organized an overclocking event backed by manufacturers then that will be a different scenario...

big difference

Xtreme Member
    And that's the way ...we should join our forces like this Mike is so right in what is saying and expecting...
    But sure long and hard way to realise a such work :/
    Klan-OC Team .fr

- ASUS M5G/M4G - GIGABYTE GA-P55/67A-UD7 - EVGA P55 FTW - GA-EP45-UD3P -
    - INTEL i7 3770 & 2600K/i5 750/i5 661 & i3 530/E8600/E6800/E6500K +CORSAIR H70 or THERMALRIGHT TrueBlack 120 (Full WC/SS/Cascade/LNē optional ^^) -
    - G.SKILL TridentX PC3 2400C10 (2x4gb)/Ripjaws X PC3 17600C7 & PerfectStorm PC3 17066C8[/B] (2x2gb)/CRUCIAL Value PC3 10700 (2x1gb @880 cas6)
    CRUCIAL BallistiX Tracer PC8500 (2x1gb @704 cas5) -
    - SAPPHIRE HD 7970 / SLI MSI GTX580 Lightning / MSI GTX275 Lightning / MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk / ASUS HD 4870 1Gb DK / CFs MSI HD5770 Hawk & ASUS HD4770 -
    - CORSAIR AX1200 & HX650 / ENERMAX REVOLUTION 1250w & MODU 82+625w -
    - CRUCIAL M4 128Gb RAID0 /OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb & Turbo 30Gb / WD Velociraptor 150Gb/Raid0 & WD Raptor 76Gb/Raid0 /3x WD Caviar Black 2To -

THE AMOUNT OF HW ISN'T REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR SKILLZ ...IF YOU'RE THE KING OF THE HILL, PROVE IT THOUGH!!

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    Intel and Mobo manufacturer might do this.. but any overclocking event sponsored my manufacturers is driven basically by marketting groups...

if Fugger organized an overclocking event backed by manufacturers then that will be a different scenario...

big difference
    I can only speak for myself, but what is the point going to an OC competition where everyone depends on finding that lucky perfect CPU. Even a 1st time overclocker can win such contests, with 1-2 weeks preparation. I love to be challenged, not played.

Xtreme Member
    ive got a few questions... do you guys expect overclocking competitions to be set up in really nice venues? how important is that VIP treatment honestly? would it really matter if we had the event in a nice hotel, gaming event, or manufactures lobby?

silver wall jumper X
    ive got a few questions... do you guys expect overclocking competitions to be set up in really nice venues? how important is that VIP treatment honestly? would it really matter if we had the event in a nice hotel, gaming event, or manufactures lobby?
    For me personally, I don't give a damn where it is - as long as the contest is fun! But a nice location would be the icing of the cake

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but what is the point going to an OC competition where everyone depends on finding that lucky perfect CPU. Even a 1st time overclocker can win such contests, with 1-2 weeks preparation. I love to be challenged, not played.
    fugger can always set...the rules...10guys only 5.5ghz 12threads are acceptable results.....set the bar high if you want to compete... multithreaded application of your choice... lets see who can tweak their system stable at that... of course..hardware must all be identical.

again rules matter how a competition will go...either extreme difficult comps, marketting stuff for manufacturers...skill events.... many ways to promote overclocking and manufacturer hardware...

Xtreme Member
    Everywhere ya want but not in a techie shop like I've seen for some french qualifications what about a nice sunny beach ?
    Well fa real the manufacturers lobby is a good choice to me No need to be a smart hotel or so I think it's a bit to much (excepted for lunchtime maybe ^^)
    Klan-OC Team .fr

- INTEL i7 3770 & 2600K/i5 750/i5 661 & i3 530/E8600/E6800/E6500K +CORSAIR H70 or THERMALRIGHT TrueBlack 120 (Full WC/SS/Cascade/LNē optional ^^) -
    - G.SKILL TridentX PC3 2400C10 (2x4gb)/Ripjaws X PC3 17600C7 & PerfectStorm PC3 17066C8[/B] (2x2gb)/CRUCIAL Value PC3 10700 (2x1gb @880 cas6)
    - SAPPHIRE HD 7970 / SLI MSI GTX580 Lightning / MSI GTX275 Lightning / MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk / ASUS HD 4870 1Gb DK / CFs MSI HD5770 Hawk & ASUS HD4770 -
    - CRUCIAL M4 128Gb RAID0 /OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb & Turbo 30Gb / WD Velociraptor 150Gb/Raid0 & WD Raptor 76Gb/Raid0 /3x WD Caviar Black 2To -

THE AMOUNT OF HW ISN'T REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR SKILLZ ...IF YOU'RE THE KING OF THE HILL, PROVE IT THOUGH!!

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    fugger can always set...the rules...10guys only 5.5ghz 12threads are acceptable results.....set the bar high if you want to compete... multithreaded application of your choice... lets see who can tweak their system stable at that... of course..hardware must all be identical.

again rules matter how a competition will go...either extreme difficult comps, marketting stuff for manufacturers...skill events.... many ways to promote overclocking and manufacturer hardware...
    I hear you there. The plan for such is already in place for just doing something along those lines on XS. But also understand if everthing is identical, what results can we expect? I personally would want to see innovation, not everyone doing precisely the same. That applies not just to the benchmarks, but also the contests in themselves.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I'm pretty sure most of the overclockers wouldn't mind even if it was set up at an old car garage, as long as there's enough space for everyone and decent lighting.
    No need for super duper hotels too.
    But make sure that we won't get caught in a bad hotel
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    so you think frys ncix or microcenter might be too gimicky?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeky NoX View Post
    Everywhere ya want but not in a techie shop like I've seen for some french qualifications what about a nice sunny beach ?
    Well fa real the manufacturers lobby is a good choice to me No need to be a smart hotel or so I think it's a bit to much (excepted for lunchtime maybe ^^)

Xtreme Member
    Lol ain't talking of such stores but tiny ones...
    I should go for some qualifiers next year I hope and don't wanna be stressed by consumers puting thier fingers in my ...pots :P

I think the same as BenchZowner don't care, just wanna be confortable.
    Klan-OC Team .fr

The Canuck
    In my experience serious overclockers don't attend competitions to sleep in fancy hotels or get wined & dined. They go to fraternize with fellow OC'ers and to spend as long as they possibly can benching someone else's hardware

Provide a spacious venue with large tables, great lightning, good air conditioning, worthwhile hardware, unlimited LN2, and some cold beer/energy drinks/water on ice, and you won't hear any complaints.

so you think frys ncix or microcenter might be too gimicky?
    As long as the location can properly host the event, it doesn't really matter. I don't think anyone would mind if you sought out a retailer as a co-sponsor of sorts.

I am Xtreme
    Benching time > luxury hotels
    Beer > luxury hotels

A bed without roaches or Marc Beier, is fine by me
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Benching time > luxury hotels
    Beer > luxury hotels

A bed without roaches or Marc Beier, is fine by me
    Lot of beer for belgians ...is it cheating to make the others being drunk ?

What's important is benching with friends no need "superflu" (@Albrecht: no Marc is mandatory for you in a hotel xD )
    Klan-OC Team .fr

Xtreme Member
    Save some scripts on the hotel costs and bump prizes = win.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    Save some scripts on the hotel costs and bump prizes = win.
    Agreed. Prizes for specific benchmarks would be a cool thing besides the typical 1-2-3 prizes.

Admin
    In my experience serious overclockers don't attend competitions to sleep in fancy hotels or get wined & dined.
    That isn't to say some of us don't enjoy it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast