Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intel hires Black eyed peas' singer as director of creative innovation

Xtreme Addict
    i watched the first 1:30 of that video, and wtf??
    they really dont know why they hired him, just to waste money i guess.

why does intel have to advertise anyways?
    it's not like consumers have much of a choice, or even care.
    consumers just want devices that work.

intel needs to advertise to huge companies who will buy thousands of their chips, and some chump singer wont help.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Banned
    It just goes to show that all you juveniles want is bewbies.....cuz we all know bewbies sell schtuff.

I worked in the music business (R&R drummer and audio engineer) for many years and will say that many very popular musicians don't have high school diploma's. Some (like Sting & Bono) have multiple post graduate degrees.

In the case of Will.i.am, I think its great that someone can make 2-3 million dollars a year w/o having the need for formal education. It's the nature of the music and acting business.

So, once again stop all the hating....if he were a girl with a fantastic rack we wouldn't even have half the posts in this thread.....

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    Do you dudes want to know what really happened?
    Deborah from intel was shopping at the LA Barneys dept store and the dude from the black eyed peas was there buying all the size 12 womens shoes because he is actually a transvestite.
    meanwhile he caught her in the act of shoplifting. She dropped her purse and her wallet and intel id card fell out. he picks up the id tag and says "if you dont hire me at your fancy cpu company I am going to call the police and not only will you get fired from your job but you will go the jail. So he blackmails his way in. he knows his records are going in the bargain bin soon and he cant be on the top of the charts forever so he uses his crappy music and style from 6 years ago (did you notice the sunglasses and outdated shoes?) Also not only does he get in the marketing division of Intel but it goes even deeper. Deborah Conrad had a 6 month fling with one of the head engineers on sandy bridge. She told him that she was going to send his wife all the sultry emails that she saved from him unless he made the sandy bridge chips only oc with air and water cooling because the black eyed peas dude could only oc on air and I'm not even going into the whole "video card" thing. I'll wait for FOX news on that one.

Its funny how our hardware gets affected by cheating spouses and secret trannys with no musical talent. AMD this is your chance to get back to A64 glory days.
    Intel took all the money from last 5 years and ended up blowing it all on controlled substances and expensive shoes.

Xtreme Addict
    Originally Posted by trans am

Deborah Conrad had a 6 month fling with one of the head engineers on sandy bridge.
    She told him that she was going to send his wife all the sultry emails that she saved from him
    unless he made the sandy bridge chips only oc with air and water cooling
    because the black eyed peas dude could only oc on air

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    It just goes to show that all you juveniles want is bewbies.....cuz we all know bewbies sell schtuff.

I worked in the music business (R&R drummer and audio engineer) for many years and will say that many very popular musicians don't have high school diploma's. Some (like Sting & Bono) have multiple post graduate degrees.

In the case of Will.i.am, I think its great that someone can make 2-3 million dollars a year w/o having the need for formal education. It's the nature of the music and acting business.

So, once again stop all the hating....if he were a girl with a fantastic rack we wouldn't even have half the posts in this thread.....
    You did not bother reading what people have written, did you?
    You know - it actually would help your understanding quite a bit
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member

Last edited by Chaserjzx100; 01-28-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Newbie Cruncher

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserjzx100 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice avatar!
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Guru

I am a drummer in several bands in NYC and xs hwbot team member and I wouldnt say I am anything special but I am a musician and xtremebencher when I'm feeling inspired. I dont have a fantastic rack but I did write and perform the official overclockers theme song and made the rock video. I am an impressionist and modern art dealer at a very reputable gallery and I never went to college either. I had a commodore 64 in the 80s and have always been drawn to computers and art and when I see this guy from the black eyed peas it just makes me frustrated that that is how stupid the masses are and how all they need is someone that played did some stupid song and that is all it takes. Its like george w bush how much respect did he earn in the end? there must be some other pop musicians that can appeal the masses that can also gain the respect of the overclocking community that push the hardware in the 1st place. I see saw vinces latest nvidia video and you watch it and you feel truly proud of that guy. he is so cool and laid back and when he is pouring the ln2 over the 3 sli rig in the slim pots the ln2 is pouring off the pots and on the cards and board and he is so calm and he knows its gonna evaporate before it ruins the hardware. You hear him talk and you want to listen because he is confident. when I see the black eyed peas guy he almost appears to be falling down a cliff just trying to grab a branch or anything he can get his hands on to avoid dying in the interview. It makes you wonder if he is the same in the studio. I wrote that fictional story because I really feel there is some freak personal thing that has nothing to do with computer chips or music that got him this job. Its just so ridiculous that unless you are the stupid masses that buys anything and believes anything on FOX news you will just accept it, however if you are like the majority of us on this forum that know better to just accept anything marketing throws at us it leaves much to the imagination. Regardless of our music tastes, at least get someone that the ones pushing their hardware and working their asses off in the bios's and hard at work writing reviews and all the crap that pushes the hdwr in the 1st place can respect. Imagine you worked your ass off for a company and dedicated your life to it for 20 years and then when you finally thought you were going to get promoted to executive position and get the parking space and keys to the executive bathroom, you find out that they hired this 19 year old from the mail room because his mom used to screw the chairman of the board.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    I am a drummer in several bands in NYC and xs hwbot team member and I wouldnt say I am anything special but I am a musician and xtremebencher when I'm feeling inspired. I dont have a fantastic rack but I did write and perform the official overclockers theme song and made the rock video. I am an impressionist and modern art dealer at a very reputable gallery and I never went to college either. I had a commodore 64 in the 80s and have always been drawn to computers and art and when I see this guy from the black eyed peas it just makes me frustrated that that is how stupid the masses are and how all they need is someone that played did some stupid song and that is all it takes. Its like george w bush how much respect did he earn in the end? there must be some other pop musicians that can appeal the masses that can also gain the respect of the overclocking community that push the hardware in the 1st place. I see saw vinces latest nvidia video and you watch it and you feel truly proud of that guy. he is so cool and laid back and when he is pouring the ln2 over the 3 sli rig in the slim pots the ln2 is pouring off the pots and on the cards and board and he is so calm and he knows its gonna evaporate before it ruins the hardware. You hear him talk and you want to listen because he is confident. when I see the black eyed peas guy he almost appears to be falling down a cliff just trying to grab a branch or anything he can get his hands on to avoid dying in the interview. It makes you wonder if he is the same in the studio. I wrote that fictional story because I really feel there is some freak personal thing that has nothing to do with computer chips or music that got him this job. Its just so ridiculous that unless you are the stupid masses that buys anything and believes anything on FOX news you will just accept it, however if you are like the majority of us on this forum that know better to just accept anything marketing throws at us it leaves much to the imagination. Regardless of our music tastes, at least get someone that the ones pushing their hardware and working their asses off in the bios's and hard at work writing reviews and all the crap that pushes the hdwr in the 1st place can respect. Imagine you worked your ass off for a company and dedicated your life to it for 20 years and then when you finally thought you were going to get promoted to executive position and get the parking space and keys to the executive bathroom, you find out that they hired this 19 year old from the mail room because his mom used to screw the chairman of the board.
    wait... I thought repeated benching gave men awesome pecs = men rack

Xtreme Legend
    When I think about how hard it is to get help & support from Intel, and how they open the door to someone who does most probably not care about their business, I wonder where they go.

Anyway, I'm glad for Will.i.am, I guess lot of $ come with that function.

Xtreme Legend

Ah at least we get a picture of the team in charge of the design of the new Intel "Sweet-Heart" micro-architecture
    Last edited by cpuz; 01-29-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Actually, they used to pretty good, before that disgusting woman joined and they decided to make hits for kids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnYiQ2FVG8I
    Yeah, you're right, not that bad actually. I didn't wet myself from excitement, but not that bad.

Pretty darn far from the kiddie nonsense they peddle these days....
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

All of them... except the retarded one in the front on the left.

Turkey Man
    Aint no racks in that group

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Aint no racks in that group
    +1... and i wouldnt be surprised if there were 2 or 3 trans in that group either, at the one in the front left AT LEAST suffers from a hormone abnormally if its not something more serious...

did anybody notice the choice of words of that intel lady was a bit odd in the beginning of the interview? she looks wil in the eyes and says something like "i cant wait to have you inside (our company) and get your (creative) juices flowing" im not kidding! go watch the video! lol

i say wil has "funked" his way into intel and there are extra duties that arent disclosed in the official contract

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Micutzu View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woxmf38ekc

Question (7m15s): "At CES Intel booth, what impressed you ?"
    Will.I.am answers: "The videocard"

Deborah Conrad thinks "OMG, it WAS a mistake."

William also mentions he thinks that due to his affiliation with Intel, people will buy an Apple notebook with Intel processor .

That entire interview is weird anyway. It's as if no one besides WillIAm believes this is actually happening. Around the 00:45 mark, the announcer actually describes Will's ID badge as "some new bling" .
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    Well in a sense allot of folks simply are not comp tech savy and really don't know how the apply the technology in a very useful manner for themselves or even what the tech is capable of.

What they may be looking to do is step out of the tech box and actually try to find "new" ways to put technology to work for the common joe. The guy may not be the most comp tech literate chap but he may be able to come up with some interesting problems for which Intel can resolve through new tech.

If they want to break into & create new markets for future growth they're going to have to offer more things people find useful for more than just browsing the net or breaking pi records.

EDIT: I couldn't even watch the interview, it was kinda awkward really.
    Last edited by highoctane; 01-31-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Member
    I can only think of the word fail...
    I've watched the entire interview and wel its sow freaky and strange :s
    proud to be from Belguim ^^

Lightpainting and hardware are my life!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    +1... and i wouldnt be surprised if there were 2 or 3 trans in that group either, at the one in the front left AT LEAST suffers from a hormone abnormally if its not something more serious...

did anybody notice the choice of words of that intel lady was a bit odd in the beginning of the interview? she looks wil in the eyes and says something like "i cant wait to have you inside (our company) and get your (creative) juices flowing" im not kidding! go watch the video! lol

i say wil has "funked" his way into intel and there are extra duties that arent disclosed in the official contract

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woxmf38ekc
    i find that video with Debroah and Will.i.am trying hard make sense of madness pretty painful lol
    Last edited by geo; 01-31-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Xtreme Mentor

I wondered why I kept on thinking 'Damn, why is the one at the front left soooo darn ugly?

I just thought it was the odd hairdo and because all the others are soo much prettier lol

Xtreme Member
    On the other hand, the one on the left but at the back is pure sex
    -
    Core i7 860 @ 3.80GHz, 1.28v | GA-P55A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB DDR3 @ 1900MHz 7-9-8-24 1N, 1.57v | HIS HD 6950 2GB, 1536sp @ 900/1400, 1.10v | Samsung F3 500GB | Thermaltake 750W | Windows 7 64bit | Air

Crunching away...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just watched the video..

What's up with Will and his shades? Is it in too sunny in there?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oztopher View Post
    On the other hand, the one on the left but at the back is pure sex
    pure sex?? if u take a close look, they´re all transsexuals... lol
    is this really an official intel promo pic?

"hiphop is dead" (nas & will.i.am) it´s all about the money...

MSI 790FX-GD70 (BIOS 1.D4)//PhenomII 1090T
    2x 2GB G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH//ASUS EAH5970
    OCZ Agility 120GB//2x Hitachi Deskstar (2x500GB) RAID0//ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W

DFI LanpartyUT RDX200 CF-DR (BIOS 12/23/05)//AMD Opteron 165 CCBBE 0616 XPMW 334x9 1.375Vx112%
    2x 1024 MB G.SKILL F1-4000BIU2-2GBHV PC4000//2x Sapphire HD2900PRO(modded bios 845/950) 512mb CrossFire
    2x WD Caviar RE2 WD4000YR (400 GB) RAID0//OCZ GameXStream 700W

Motorola Milestone CyanogenMOD 6.1.0 RC0 Android2.2.1

Xtreme Addict

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Free autotune software with all intel purchases!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast