Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia GT300 yields are under 2%

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Helloworld_98 View Post
    If this is true now we know why Nvidia's CEO sold all that stock

their stock prices are going to drop a bit
    I highly doubt this story holds water. Why?

Well... if nVidia's CEO sold off a bunch of stock just prior to this news story going public, with the fear that the price may crash... it would be one of the most clear cut cases of insider trading I've ever seen and he'd be thrown in jail.

After taking a quick peek at nVidia's stock price a moment ago, I'd conclude that he sold the stocks because NVDA is up 60% in the past 2 months and we are only two weeks away from September, which we all know is notorious for market crashes.

If I still owned AMD (i bought it for $9.00 in May of 1999 and sold it in April of 2000 @ $45.00 + a split), I would be doing the exact same thing considering it's stock is up roughly 60% since July, and now is definitely the time to move those profits into a less volatile market.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guys, heads up, I got a preview look at Charlie Demerjian's next article:

Quote Originally Posted by future Semi-Accurate article
    The downward-spiraling wreckage of fail continues today as it has been revealed by reliable sources that NVIDIA's "next-gen" GT300 GPU will use more power than any GPU in the history of the industry, no doubt in a wreckless, zealous bout to reclaim some semblance of long-lost glory and prestige the company might have once had (though apparently too long ago for anyone to remember). Instead of any sort of responsible or daresay competent target power envelope for their last desperate effort in the highend market, NVIDIA has decided to abandon any restraint in gluttony for a staggering 400W consumption level just for the card alone, putting even entire desktop machines to shame.

The same source also revealed a few tidbits of the performance characteristics we might expect from such a ghastly beast, and despite high expectations for hardware that could bring an industrial-strength power generator to its knees, reality bites back to paint quite a different picture. Information reveals performance should be around 10% less than current-gen GTX 295 overall, despite completely broken and unusable driver suites powering the bloated predecessor. It should then come as no surprise that NVIDIA has not only lost the consumer-confidence crown as we've become accustomed to, but also the sheer performance race that it seems they alone care about these days. NVIDIA has truly become worthless even by their own standards. Perhaps they should have just renamed their old parts instead, since that seems to be one thing they're good at.

In other news, NVIDIA sucks, I hate them and they are big fat doodoo heads.
    DFI LANParty DK 790FX-B
    Phenom II X4 955 BE (1003GPMW) @ 3.8GHz (19x200) w/1.36v
    -cooling: Scythe Mugen 2 + AC MX-2
    XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB
    8GB PC2-6400 G.Skill @ 800MHz (1:2) 5-5-5-15 w/1.8v
    Seagate 1TB 7200.11 Barracuda
    Corsair HX620W

Support PC gaming. Don't pirate games.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nvidia will slash prices of the GT200 cards but 5870 will bring in big profits for ATI in the short term. This is not great for us, but in the long term it is great news because AMD will regain market share and force better competition in the future.

With ATI's lead in the current market, a yield catastrophe like this will drop nVidia's market lead to 30 or even 20 points, put AMD back in the black and prevent bull like "GTX 250" from happening again.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
    This guy seems to be right about 5% of the time which is to be expected given the sheer amount of stuff he spews. You are bound to get something write eventually.. why does anyone believe any of this?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    So... not true

Charlie is very very very entertaining though
    Getting a bit tired of this, the 'I know more but I'm not telling'. No offense to you buddy but c'mon, what possible use is there for posts like that with no substance except for, 'So... not true'.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    This guy seems to be right about 5% of the time which is to be expected given the sheer amount of stuff he spews. You are bound to get something write eventually.. why does anyone believe any of this?
    His numbers are usually off but he's surprisingly accurate on the business side of what's been going on

Thatsaid none of this would be a surprise given the epic fail of GT218

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
    Wow, exactly sounds like him
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Can you point out any examples where he is wrong? He was right about the number of shaders in Cypress, so can you provide 19 articles where he is wrong, to prove your correct percentage?

Xtreme Guru
    Charlie Demerjian = the biggest anti-nvidia on earth that has taken as his sole purpose in his life to make Nvidia look as bad as possible. We get like at least one article per month that criticize nvidia in one way or another. It's best to just leave it at that.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by tdream View Post
    Can you point out any examples where he is wrong? He was right about the number of shaders in Cypress, so can you provide 19 articles where he is wrong, to prove your correct percentage?
    i agree. charlie is very profesional with his articles. he is a primary source for everything nvidia does so he is right. i would love to have him publish articles for my news website.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    It probably isn't true but as many people said; if there is any truth in this, it is very, very bad for the industry and competitive pricing in general.

Xtreme Member
    so are we gonna see lots of gt300 keychains?

would definately bring in more cash than scrapping all those poor dies into solar panels...
    system:

Phenom II 920 3.5Ghz @ 1.4v, benchstable @ over 3,6Ghz (didnt test higher)
    xigmatek achilles
    sapphire hd4870 1gb @ 820 1020
    Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
    8gb a-data 4-4-4-12 800
    x-fi xtrememusic
    rip 2x 160gb maxtor(now that adds up to 4...)
    320gb/250gb/500gb samsung

Xtreme Member
    Isnt this the same dude that got knocked out in public by an nVIDIA employee at a bar? Thought I remember reading something about that...heh

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlac View Post
    Isnt this the same dude that got knocked out in public by an nVIDIA employee at a bar? Thought I remember reading something about that...heh
    Yes it is.
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Helloworld_98 View Post
    If this is true now we know why Nvidia's CEO sold all that stock

their stock prices are going to drop a bit
    He had to file for that sale 6 months prior to the sale.... in order to avoid insider trading. Sooo the timing is actually completely BS.

As for the actual story. LOOK AT THE SOURCE. His mission in life is to destroy Nvidia.

I also refuse to click the link i dont want to give him money.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Getting a bit tired of this, the 'I know more but I'm not telling'. No offense to you buddy but c'mon, what possible use is there for posts like that with no substance except for, 'So... not true'.
    They make the guy who posted them look cool.

Not.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    I also refuse to click the link i dont want to give him money.
    Haha, that's funny comming from you. Exactly like we do when we see one of those BSN articles of yours
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Mentor
    so I guess this guy has the same mission to destroy nvidia like CD has: http://translate.google.com/translat...ate.google.com

it's conspiracy
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Haha, that's funny comming from you. Exactly like we do when we see one of those BSN articles of yours
    Thats funny because i stopped posting those a long time ago.
    Plus there isnt nearly that kind of bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone feeling risky? They've been trending up for months, Perhaps in the next few days the price will fall 5-10%

Anyone care to short some nvda stock with me?
    Intel 2600K @ 4.8ghz 1.31v on Water.
    ASROCK Z68 Ex4 Gen 3, 16GB G.skill pc1600
    MSI GTX 680 1200/6800mhz
    2x Vertex LE 60GB Raid 0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yikes, that's worse then R600.

I always says wait on the other camp, then buy, but if we don't get some positive news soon.....

It's to all the people who said wait for R600 when G80 was out. Let's hope this doesn't turn out that way.
    It certainly looks like it's going that way and the R870 will be the DX11 GPU of choice for some time.

Come on nVidia, do something radical like buying AMD!
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Addict
    I'm already focused on buying a 5870 card, but...having an nVidia counterpart could be really better, at least for the competition...in price I mean
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    This is coming from Charlie, the nVidia hater. Someone quick, grab a shovel.

Xtreme Addict
    When Jen Hsun opened his Can of Whoop Ass he apparently spilled it in his lap.

Oh well, I will be happy to own my $349.99 AMD HD5870. AMD is full of win lately.
    Last edited by Mechromancer; 09-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadov View Post
    The whole text can be found here: http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/09/...eilds-under-2/ by Charlie Demerjian

Comments?
    do us all a favor and dont allow charlie articles in the news section. now nvidia needs to hire a guy to publish BS about ATi too.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast