Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Best mods on the net thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Best mods on the net thread

Basic Mods:

This section details basic mods all players of TES: Skyrim should do before starting a game.

In-Game Day Length:

By default, in-game day length is a mere 72 mins, this is insanely short to say the least. To change in-game time to something far more fitting open the console (`) key and type “set timescale to 3” (without quotes). Lowest value you can set is 1 which means time will pass in-game realtime, while higher values will make it so time in-game passes faster.

Skyrim.ini Tweaks:

FOV Fixing:

By default, Skyrim uses a FOV of 90, this is fine if you use a old style “box” monitor, but for those of us that enjoy the fruits of the modern age here’s what you need to do;

16:10 Monitors: Open the console (`) key and type “fov 77”
    16:9 Monitors: Open the console and type “fov 84”

To permanently make these settings stick here’s what you need to do;

Add ;

fDefaultWorldFOV=90
    fDefault1stPersonFOV=90

to the [Display] section, changing “90” to 77 or 84 depending on your monitor, next, open SkyrimPrefs.ini and add fDefaultFOV=90 (or 77 or 84) to the bottom of the [General] section. Now if you have already started playing Skyrim load your latest save, open the console and type “fov 77” (or 84) without quotes, hit enter, close the console and save your game.
    uGrids:

This is a setting you will need to add yourself to the [General] section;

uGridsToLoad=11

What uGrids actually does is increase the level of detail in-game, especially for distant objects and landscape. uGrid values must be odd numbers such as 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, etc. Note that the higher the uGrid value the more details that will be visible. I don’t know the value at which uGrids cap and you no longer see any additional details, You’ll just have to experiment to find that out. Also bare in mind that increasing uGrids too high could either negatively impact your FPS or make Skyrim unstable, or perhaps a combination of both. I suggest you set a uGrid value to roughly reflect how good of a PC you have and make any necessary adjustments if needed. A good value to start with is 9, however with this value distant mountains will still appear rather splodgy, a value of 11 sorts that, while a value of 13 or above really is just “hey, I have a PC not a console!.” It should also be noted that you will need to test higher uGrid values thoroughly before saving your game as once you have saved your game you cannot revert back to a lower uGrid value, only higher. As such be certain to make a backup of your latest save!

uExterior Cell Buffer:

This value determines the number of cells that should be buffered to RAM. Apparently a good rule is to take your uGridsToLoad value, add one to it, then multiply it by itself. So a example formula would be;

uGrids 11
    +1
    = 12
    12x12
    = 144

I recommend leaving this setting at its default of 36 until you have thoroughly tested your new uGrids value, only touching this paramater if needed to get a higher uGrids value stable. I’ve also found if you are using texture mods it is very much worthwhile increasing this value to 1152, 2304 or 4608.

MapMenu:

This is a setting that must be added to the bottom of Skyrim.ini, so you would add the following;

[MapMenu]
    uLockedObjectMapLOD=8
    uLockedTerrainLOD=8

These values increase or decrease the amount of detail on your map. Lower values seem to increase detail while higher values seem to lower detail. Valid range seems to be between 8 – 32.

fSunShadowUpdateTime & fSunUpdateThreshold:

Adding these values to the [Display] section you can adjust the way in which shadow positions update as the Sun moves. I recommend values of 0.000 and 0.001 respectively for smooth shadow transitioning of positions. These values will also help give a more dynamic natural feel to the game as you will be able to see the shadows of trees and bushes gently sway.

Realistic Arrow Flight Arcs:

Skyrim doesn’t do a good job of making the flight arcs of arrows very realistic. To fix this look to the [Combat] section and add in these lines;

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0
    f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0

SkyrimPrefs.ini Tweaks:

iShadowMapResolution:

For absolutely beautiful perfect shadows a value of 8192 is essential, however it will cripple FPS if not managed carefully and finely balanced with other settings. A much cheaper way to have nicer looking shadows is to use the iBlurDeferredShadowMask method. A good combination of settings is;

iShadowMapResolution=2048 (or 4096)
    iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5 (or 6, 7)
    fShadowDistance=4000 (or 5000)

iBlurDeferredShadowMask:

This is the cheap way to nicer shadows, the parameter softens the edges of shadows in-game. I recommend values of 5, 6, or 7.

fShadowDistance:

This variable is a bit of a oddball as it controls both shadow quality in outdoor areas and the distance at which shadows are visible. With a value of 8000 shadows are drawn until the cows come home at the expense of accuracy and quality, a value of 2000 results in gorgeous shadows but a rather short draw distance. Try balanced values of 3000, 4000 or 5000. It’s also worth experimenting with the iBlurDeferredShadowMask parameter in combination to this.

fShadowBiasScale:

This variable determines the degree to which a surface is shadowed, higher values will reduce the amount of shadowing, while lower values will increase the shadowing.

bTreesReceiveShadows:

If this variable is set to 1 it will enable self-shadowing on trees making things look considerably better with minimal performance impact.

bDrawLandShadows:

If this variable is set to 1 it will add subtle shadowing to land masses. Another setting well worth enabling as performance costs are slim to none.

fGrassStartFadeDistance:

This variable has the most significant impact on grass. Raising the value will increase the distance at which grass is visible. As Skyrim was designed to work with crappy consoles grass is nowhere near as demanding as it is/was in Oblivion, you can easily raise this value to 14,000, or even 25,000 on moderately powerful systems and not notice a significant performance drop.

fTreeLoadDistance:

This variable determines the distance at which trees are shown. Raising the value will increase the number of visible trees in the far distance, while lowering it will reduce them. I recommend a value of 100,000 as it is both a nice balance between performance and realism.

fBlockMaximumDistance, fBlockLevel1Distance, fBlockLevel0Distance, fSplitDistanceMult:

These variables control the level of detail on distant terrain. As the three fBlock variables are raised, this will provide improvements in the details on very distant terrain, such as mountain tops. The fSplitDistanceMult variable appears to determine the rate at which the LOD transitions occur. As its value is raised, there will be greater detail in the terrain which is slightly closer to the viewer. If you are having trouble with the uGrids and uExterior Cell Buffer paramaters, these paramaters would be the next best thing to adjust. Through testing I’ve found that the following values are a excellent balance;

fBlockMaximumDistance=300000.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=150000.0000
    fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=6.0000

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance:

This variable effectively controls the distance at which clouds are seen, particularly around mountain tops. A higher value will increase the amount of cloud, adding to realism and eyecandy. In combination with the above values I’ve found a value of 250,000 works in nicely.

iMaxDesired:

This is yet another setting you can cure of consilitis. I recommend setting this value to 800, 850 or 900. Values above this tend to be excessive. The improvement is mainly noticeable for flame spells and the torch, perhaps fires in buildings too.

iWaterReflectHeight, iWaterReflectWidth:

These values increase the resolution of reflections on the water. I recommend setting a resolution that matches the resolution of the water texture itself, with the realistic waters mod this will be 1024 or 2048 for both. The only exception to this is if you are playing Skyrim without any texture mods, set the values to 2048 to help cover up the awful vanilla water textures.

bMTRendering:

This value must be added to the bottom of the [General] section, when set to 1 it enables multithreaded rendering, most likely related to the shadows as shadows are rendered by the CPU. Obviously when adding this parameter add as follows; bMTRendering=1

bDoTallGrassEffect:

This parameter must be added to the bottom of the [General] section, when set to 1 this setting allows the use of larger grass rendering.

bPerPixelLighting, bEnablePerPixelLighting:

These settings need to be added to the bottom of the [General] section, when set to 1 the former setting attempts to force per pixel lighting instead of per vertex, and the latter when set to 1 simply enables per pixel lighting.

bAllow30Shaders:

This setting must be added to the bottom of the [General] section, when set to 1 this setting ensures Shader Model 3.0 is used ensuring the engine doesn’t default to a lower shader model.

bAllow40Shaders, bAllow50Shaders:

These settings need to be added to the bottom of the [General] section, when set to 1 they will ensure either shader model 4.0 or 5.0 is used. I do not know if these settings are applicable at this point in time or if Bethesda plan to release a DX11 update for Skyrim making these settings useful.

bDo30VFog:

Once again, this setting must be added to the [General] section, when set to 1 it will ensure shader model 3.0 fog rendering is used.
    Thats it for basic Skyrim modding. As you can tell from all these variables to change, Bethesda didn’t even give PC gamers a thought. If they did, we wouldn’t have to do all this manually ourselves.

Heres some example SS with all the latest tweaks;

Note: For the updated files I've uploaded theres really only two settings you will want to play with, iShadowMapResolution (default 2048) and uGrids (default 5). These settings I've tweaked keeping in mind very much to make these files universal so everybody gets good performance and great visuals.

NOTICE: If you experience random crashes to desktop (particularly while exploring the game world, doesn't seem to happen in towns) with the modded ini files open skyrim.ini and remove the uGridsToLoad paramater, then close saving the changes.

Advanced Modding:

Skyrim HD textures: These are not the Bethesda HD textures (which are crap BTW), Clicky
    Realistic Colours and Real Nights: Clicky
    Realistic Water Textures: Clicky
    Real Ice: Clicky
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul: Clicky
    Enhanced Night Skyrim: Clicky
    Xenius Character Enhancement: Clicky
    Glowing Ore Veins 300: A bit of a cheat, but nobody likes aimlessly wandering around. Clicky
    A Quality World Map - With Roads: Clicky
    SkyUI: Clicky

Unfortunately despite my best efforts to truely make Skyrim as wonderful to look at as possible, I still feel it lags behind Oblivion when its all visually modded out. Well, hopefully these mods cover all of the visual side of things in the game, its up to others to now post links of the very best mods they have found
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ket; 07-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    subscribed!

edit:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Skyrim/page14

this thread also has some great mods.
    Last edited by TSXmike; 06-25-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Evga 680i * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb g.skill Pi * Evga GTX260 (216) - sli * x-fi fatality * Corsair HX1000
    Asus Striker II Formula * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb corsair * Evga 9600gso * corsair hx620
    #3 WIP
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M * 3570K * 2x2gb samsung * 60gb SSD

A slight update, the Skyrim HD textures mod is a all-in-one mod, its only necessary to download real ice, flora overhaul, enhanced night and real water if you want to fine-tune those aspects more. *patiently waits for people to link to the very best quest mods they have found*

While Skyrim is infinately better because of modders I do find it a shame that Bethesda couldn't be bothered to do true HD or even just high quality textures for the PC version.
    Last edited by Ket; 06-25-2012 at 09:24 AM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm not really into graphics mods since all they do is change the look, more into actual game change ones. I've found this mod to be rather fun but be warned it'll make the game challenging!

Skyrim Redone: LINK

Visuals and story are equally important to me. With all the horsepower any self respecting PC enthusiast has in their case we deserve a game that can challenge such systems otherwise we all may as well go and buy cheap ty £400 PCs or worse still, a console.

ED - Just looked at that link, seems promising although some stuff seems to be more complex than it really needs to be. Still deciding if #i try it on the first playthrough or wait until I'm used to how the game handles.
    Last edited by Ket; 06-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtremeish
    Check out the Parallax mapping they are doing to many textures, available on SkyrimNexus.

Project Parallax - Whiterun by Osmodius
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/169...r=0|:|id=16919

Tiles on the roof for example, well done!
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/m...1336826040.jpg
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Looks good, but as that project seems incomplete atm I'll wait until its matured more. Does anyone know how to remove the bloody annoying "warning" message in-game from the SkyUI mod? I've got the latest SKSE I could find (1.5.9) with the 1.5 patch installed.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    Would you recommend to install only the third party textures vs the official Bethesda Textures? As I botched my last install on my old copy of Windows and have recently re-installed Windows. I made the game lag to the house when I last modded it, think I installed every texture pack all over the top of one another plus a whole bunch of FXAA stuff and I want to get it right this time - looking good, but running sweet.

Anyways another few definites I think should be put into your list at the top Ket are;

THE ESSENTIALS OF COURSE (can all be found on Skyrim Nexus) -
    Nexus Mod Manager
    SKSE
    No Intro Mod

Others -
    Tytanis - The Ultimate Mod : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1601
    WARZONES - Civil Unrest : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8655
    Shadow Striping Fix : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8043
    WATER (Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux) : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13268
    For a beautiful processed Skyrim look, one can't go past - ENBPM - Atmospheric ENB Series : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4577
    ApachiiSkyHair : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168/
    Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons and The Wilds : here - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8601 and here - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10886 respectively
    Natural Skyrim Rain : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8395
    Immersive Skyrim Thunder : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1702

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Member
    O.O that Parallax looks amazing! Who needs DX11 Tessellation when you have DX9 Parallax mapping... speechless

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

WCG Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post

Skyrim Redone: LINK
    +1 to this. Adds depth to character development/magic/combat/vampires.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Xtreme Member
    wow! that parallax mapping is something else!
    Evga 680i * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb g.skill Pi * Evga GTX260 (216) - sli * x-fi fatality * Corsair HX1000
    Asus Striker II Formula * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb corsair * Evga 9600gso * corsair hx620
    #3 WIP
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M * 3570K * 2x2gb samsung * 60gb SSD

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    Would you recommend to install only the third party textures vs the official Bethesda Textures? As I botched my last install on my old copy of Windows and have recently re-installed Windows. I made the game lag to the house when I last modded it, think I installed every texture pack all over the top of one another plus a whole bunch of FXAA stuff and I want to get it right this time - looking good, but running sweet.
    I haven't installed the Bethesda "HD" texture pack at all because its a pile of crap. The attached screenshot really sums up how horrid the Bethesda pack is. The main mods I'm currently using the "Full" Skyrim HD textures with the "High" realistic waters, Skyrim foliage overhaul, real ice, Xenius Character Enhancement and Realistic Colours and Real Nights. All with a resolution of 1680*1050, 4xAA, 16xAF, everything set to maximum and high/ultra, no FPS issues at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (196.7 KB, 3984 views)

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Quest Check! I'm in this place called Nchuand-Zel Quarters, fighting these.. things called "Falmer". Usually I wouldn't be stupid enough to go somewhere that so screams "YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE AT LEVEL 24!" but its a dwarf place.. something about the way dwarves are painted in the elder scrolls games makes them very mysterious. I'd love a elder scrolls game where you find "The last remnants of the dwarves" or something like that where you get to talk to the very last surviving dwarves where they answer all the questions you are bound to have like where they all went what happened etc. Anyway, I digress... basically, is it a bad idea I'm exploring this Nchuand-Zel place at level 24? For the record main stuff I'm wearing is;

Elven Sword (Epic)
    Orcish Shield (Epic)
    Shrouded Boots (Exquisite)
    Shrouded Cowl (Exquisite)
    Elven Gauntlets (Epic) - Enchanted
    Elven Guilded Armor (Epic) - Enchanted

Yes, I spammed making leather gauntlets so I'm a awesome smithmaster Problem is if I'm not careful these "Falmers" can paste me in a few blows and any magic I hurl at them barely seems to do any damage at all. On the plus side I do know the "Become Eternal" chant so if 3-4 jump me I use that. Anyway, good or bad idea I'm in this Nchuand-Zel place at lvl 24? A fast response is preferable, so I know if I need to leg it out fast before I get into some real crap

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

i really like the dragonscale black and silver mod
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5507

and for lidia the dragonplate replaced by saviors (i wanted something cool but all the female dragonplate or stupid or nude)
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5143

@ket, with your gear you should be fine wherever at your level. and dont forget that you do not have to level so if go to a beast region you can use that level you did not use as a full restore, it also keeps things the level you were when you entered (only world enemies have fixed levels) but the loot all stays the same when you only have a one level change so that can help as well if you are on a high difficulty or having problems sub lvl 50 (were it caps)
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Thanks I'll get back to exploring that place then once my enchanting is better. It pisses me off a few spells can kill me, nevermind mysterious one hit kills I have happen to me from time to time so I'm going to find some items with strong magic resist, learn then enchant my own items with it. Strangely, I find the random fights with blood dragons easier than when I get jumped by 3-4 leveled enemies in a dungeon... I'm thinking theres a huge gameplay inbalance there. No way 3-4 leveled humanoids jumping me should be a sterner challenge than a dragon. Whats the max level the character can get to btw? I'm hoping its 100 because anything lower than that.. well is a bit odd. Also, is it possible to level up skills (minus perks obviously) once you reach your characters max level? I always found it really stupid in Oblivion where once you reached your max character level you couldn't improve any skills anymore.

Oh, heres a tweak I recently learned which I would class as essential. By default a game day in Skyrim lasts all of 72 mins, In my case it felt like it was always bloody night. To change the day length in-game open the console (`) key, and type "set timescale to 4" (without quotes) or any timescale you want, typing in "set timescale to 1" will make it so every hour in-game is 1 hour real life.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Just come across something, I know I've already mentioned how Bethesdas "HD" texture pack is a complete joke, but THIS LINK really hammers the point home. Until devs at the very least start releasing proper HD texture packs for the PC version of a game essentially we should be getting the games for free as the modders who truely care about the game are the ones making it great, certainly not the devs.

Note: If anyone is a member of any Bethesda forum that may or may not exist please repost this post there. I'd be very interested to see what piss poor excuse the devs give for such sloppy, lazy, and frankly terrible work with their so called "HD" textures.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

I am Xtreme
    when i first got skyrim and saw it was only 5GB, i was immediately worried.
    then a patch came out thats an extra GB and knew it wasnt fixed yet.

thanks for putting together a nice clean list. makes me want to play again as a kajit using skyrim redone with a few graphical enhancements.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

ufo - ultimate follower overhaul - i just have to have this to easily swap their bows/armor, i can check everyones stats to make sure im giving them the right weapon, and theyll even ride a horse
    unread books glow - saves a lot of reading
    skyre- skyrim redone - ive played most of the game and so i added this mod and so far love it. changes the perk trees, ai, and well pretty much everything drastically. makes it more difficult in that you cant grind up your enchant and smithing and be instantly OP. a few bugs to work out but recommended highly to get back into the game. this guy has done a rediculous amount of work on it.
    build your own home - so fun!!!

must haves for female characters:
    no helmet mod- - a requirement to play female for me
    temptress race - some really hot characters to start from
    archmage robe replaced with nocturnal
    demonized unp female body

all ove this available on the nexus if u search the name of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Thanks I'll get back to exploring that place then once my enchanting is better. It pisses me off a few spells can kill me, nevermind mysterious one hit kills I have happen to me from time to time so I'm going to find some items with strong magic resist, learn then enchant my own items with it. Strangely, I find the random fights with blood dragons easier than when I get jumped by 3-4 leveled enemies in a dungeon... I'm thinking theres a huge gameplay inbalance there. No way 3-4 leveled humanoids jumping me should be a sterner challenge than a dragon. Whats the max level the character can get to btw? I'm hoping its 100 because anything lower than that.. well is a bit odd. Also, is it possible to level up skills (minus perks obviously) once you reach your characters max level? I always found it really stupid in Oblivion where once you reached your max character level you couldn't improve any skills anymore.

Oh, heres a tweak I recently learned which I would class as essential. By default a game day in Skyrim lasts all of 72 mins, In my case it felt like it was always bloody night. To change the day length in-game open the console (`) key, and type "set timescale to 4" (without quotes) or any timescale you want, typing in "set timescale to 1" will make it so every hour in-game is 1 hour real life.
    blood dragons are about lvl 20, so you should rape them. just wait till you fight an ancient dragon (lvl50) that spawns when you are lvl 35, or worse i had an elder spawn (lvl40) on me at lvl18 my 1st play through and i had no gear. then i ran into a dungon and it waited outside, and since i had not used the console the only saves i had were inside with the dragon outside or outside with the dragon. i ended up mounting an assault on it and using just about all of my pots, it was epic.

there is no max level (it would be all skills/10), but at 50 things stop scaling.

for console commands, "fov 77" fixes the fov for 16:10 and "fov 84" fixes it for 16:9.

Just come across something, I know I've already mentioned how Bethesdas "HD" texture pack is a complete joke, but THIS LINK really hammers the point home. Until devs at the very least start releasing proper HD texture packs for the PC version of a game essentially we should be getting the games for free as the modders who truely care about the game are the ones making it great, certainly not the devs.

Note: If anyone is a member of any Bethesda forum that may or may not exist please repost this post there. I'd be very interested to see what piss poor excuse the devs give for such sloppy, lazy, and frankly terrible work with their so called "HD" textures.
    the textures are not HD they are just native and uncompressed. i do not think that we will see much of any improvements until the next gen of consoles is out. just think the leaked parts list for the WiiU puts it as 12-15x more powerful than the 360 and hopefully it will get a GB of graphics ram.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    blood dragons are about lvl 20, so you should rape them. just wait till you fight an ancient dragon (lvl50) that spawns when you are lvl 35, or worse i had an elder spawn (lvl40) on me at lvl18 my 1st play through and i had no gear. then i ran into a dungon and it waited outside, and since i had not used the console the only saves i had were inside with the dragon outside or outside with the dragon. i ended up mounting an assault on it and using just about all of my pots, it was epic.

there is no max level (it would be all skills/10), but at 50 things stop scaling.

for console commands, "fov 77" fixes the fov for 16:10 and "fov 84" fixes it for 16:9.

the textures are not HD they are just native and uncompressed. i do not think that we will see much of any improvements until the next gen of consoles is out. just think the leaked parts list for the WiiU puts it as 12-15x more powerful than the 360 and hopefully it will get a GB of graphics ram.
    Oddly, Blood Dragons put up a good fight in my game unless I hit them with "Marked For Death" then even 12 or so well placed arrows in the dragons throat can kill it. So its clear, once I hit lvl50 I can't continue to improve other skills? Thats sad.. very sad. I'm going to have to start power levelling some stuff as I'm at level 28 now. Hopefully the next gen of consoles will really catch up with PCs. Even having the equivillent of a 1GB GTX560 in the new gen consoles will be a immense step forward. Heres hoping...

Obvious tip but; If anyone is in need of some levels to fill out their health/magic/stamina grab a few lockpicks, take off all your clothes / armor, break into somones house when they are asleep, go to their bedroom and find a corner you won't knock anything, crouch and hit the auto move key. Watch as your sneak skill flys up and you gain levels.

I'll also get to the mods list when I can folks, adding stuff and putting more details in for mods. Weather Bethesda like it or not we will drag Skyrim kicking and screaming into the year 2012 so we don't have to look at its splodgy year 2000-ish textures. When games start to go backwards compared to their Predecessor you know you have a problem.
    Last edited by Ket; 06-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

I am Xtreme
    at 50 the world stops scaling, but you still get stronger.

i was lvl 70 something i think, and i put it to the hardest difficulty and still had no problem surviving (things just needed a whole lotta hits to die)
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Ah thats good news then. Next on the list is why is it everybody says they have no problem killing enemies yet I run into even some bandits that are freakishly strong and literally 4 hits from one can kill me... I'm not exactly ill equipped either, total armor rating over 200 and a fully improved elven sword. Lastly, anyone figured out what the deal is with the headless horseman? I randomly bumped into him riding around near Morthal, followed him to Labyrinthian, and thats all she wrote so to speak he just stopped for a bit, I tried talking to him (lol - no head ) nothing, then he just rode off. Not sure if it makes a difference but in-game it was Turdas about 11:17PM, 30th of Frostfall.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

WCG Cruncher
    Wars in Skyrim
    Monster Mod + Monster Wars
    Populated Cities

Adds alot of life to the game. Some benign, some malevolent.
    No links. All on Skyrim Nexus.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Ah thats good news then. Next on the list is why is it everybody says they have no problem killing enemies yet I run into even some bandits that are freakishly strong and literally 4 hits from one can kill me... I'm not exactly ill equipped either, total armor rating over 200 and a fully improved elven sword. Lastly, anyone figured out what the deal is with the headless horseman? I randomly bumped into him riding around near Morthal, followed him to Labyrinthian, and thats all she wrote so to speak he just stopped for a bit, I tried talking to him (lol - no head ) nothing, then he just rode off. Not sure if it makes a difference but in-game it was Turdas about 11:17PM, 30th of Frostfall.
    there is a headless horseman.

on the enemies, in world enemies are fixed level, some will rape you some die in one hit. in dungeons unless it is a quest dungeon you should be fine since they are leveled to your level when you enter.

Updated first post with basic mods that can be done with Syrim & SkyrimPrefs.ini files. That should keep you all busy until I can sort out the other mods

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast