Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Figuring out G.Skill's SNs

Thanks hiwa, that's very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Same time we had [ Ripjaws ] F3-16000CL9D-2GBRH (1Gx2) / F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH (2Gx2) too.
    Exactly same as trident 2000 c9 with bbse oem.

http://www.overclockzone.com/zolkorn...aws/index.html
    Last edited by hiwa; 12-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme 3D Team
    Unless there were several types of BBSE I don't think I have BBSE...

BBSE does not have the lip on the bottom that extends down in the middle, you can see in the picture with white lines in my post there BBSE is flat on the bottom and whatever I have isn't.

@Don_Dan
    6-7-6 doesn't work, not going to try crazy volts like 1.8v+
    6-8-6 is fine in 32M at 1.67v (maybe a little bit less), I'm sure it would be stable 100% at 1.7v or less.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and sell this kit, hopefully someone that needs 1600 CL6/1866 CL7/2133 CL8 and no more than 4GB will appreciate the bargain. I would use it in my Trinity HTPC because it is lower profile and faster than my Sniper but I need the 8GB because I have 2GB dedicated to the GPU leaving 6GB or 2GB in that case.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 12-09-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    Same time we had [ Ripjaws ] F3-16000CL9D-2GBRH (1Gx2) / F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH (2Gx2) too.
    Exactly same as trident 2000 c9 with bbse oem.

http://www.overclockzone.com/zolkorn...aws/index.html
    Thanks for the post hiwa, I've only seen those kits with either BBSE or PSC chips. I have one myself and it's BBSE.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Unless there were several types of BBSE I don't think I have BBSE...

BBSE does not have the lip on the bottom that extends down in the middle, you can see in the picture with white lines in my post there BBSE is flat on the bottom and whatever I have isn't.

@Don_Dan
    6-7-6 doesn't work, not going to try crazy volts like 1.8v+
    6-8-6 is fine in 32M at 1.67v (maybe a little bit less), I'm sure it would be stable 100% at 1.7v or less.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and sell this kit, hopefully someone that needs 1600 CL6/1866 CL7/2133 CL8 and no more than 4GB will appreciate the bargain. I would use it in my Trinity HTPC because it is lower profile and faster than my Sniper but I need the 8GB because I have 2GB dedicated to the GPU leaving 6GB or 2GB in that case.
    I'm pretty sure your ICs are some kind of Elpida BDxx.

XIP
    Green and black pcbs on Blue Gskill 2133 C8

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Dumo; 12-10-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I found your post especially interesting when I first saw these pictures over at OCN. Your green PCB kit has the expected "640" in the serial number, however, your black PCB kit, which clearly has BBSE ICs, has the "690" numbering sequence which previously was considered to be indicative of Hyper based modules.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    [*snip*]
    What does it say on the green PCB chips?
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    i would love to have some of this memory 2133 c8
    little German

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is not new, I had two sets of 2000 9-9-9- Ripjaws GBRH with BBSE, these were not relabeled, with blck pcb, which had 0690 SN - but I also had a triple Kit of 2000 c9 Trident with 0690, and these were indeed Hyper as the instant freezes on my Z77 showed - seems sometimes gskill likes to create a bit of confusion

There are some 2133 C8 kit with Hyper ICs as well, also marked 0690 as far as I know.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @Don_Dan Yes, in the 2133c8 thread here at xs someone posted picture of the ICs - were very old MNH-E iirc

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    There are some 2133 C8 kit with Hyper ICs as well, also marked 0690 as far as I know.
    So are you stating that there are confirmed kits of 2133 C8 with Hyper ICs and the 0690 serial number AND there are known kits with BBSE ICs which also have the 0690 serial number (like Dumo's kit above)?

That sure makes a mess of things.

Edit:
    Just saw websmile's post as an affirmative
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

I think both Mafio and crio had kits with MNH-E ICs, both green PCBs too if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
    So are you stating that there are confirmed kits of 2133 C8 with Hyper ICs and the 0690 serial number AND there are known kits with BBSE ICs which also have the 0690 serial number (like Dumo's kit above)?

That sure makes a mess of things.

Edit:
    Just saw websmile's post as an affirmative
    There are confirmed kits with MNH-E ICs, unfortunately I can't find pics of their heatspreader but I'm rather sure they were marked 0690.
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 12-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

XIP
    I got a few green pcb 2133 C8 with the same ic and ser # 1104xxx ~ 1108xxx which clocked really good.

The black 1115xxx was an rma when the kit already oos everywhere.

And there F3-17066CL8D-4GBXMD Blues in the wild that probly only exist as review samples and early batch 104xxxx or 105xxx
    Last edited by Dumo; 12-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for the IC confirmation. Used to feel better when I thought I knew what was under the hood of the GSkill stuff.

I really liked it in the old days of DDR1 when GSkill was so proud of the ICs they used in their products that their ram shipped naked.

Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I still have a couple sets of there F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD that work great, on my UD5 they could do 6-9-6-25 at 2250.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
    Thanks for the IC confirmation. Used to feel better when I thought I knew what was under the hood of the GSkill stuff.

I really liked it in the old days of DDR1 when GSkill was so proud of the ICs they used in their products that their ram shipped naked.
    I have two kits of F1-4400DSU2-1GBLE, I'll post some pictures for old time's sake soon!

Quote Originally Posted by flesheatinvirus View Post
    I still have a couple sets of there F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD that work great, on my UD5 they could do 6-9-6-25 at 2250.
    This kit is using PSC chips with 99% certainty, are you sure you can do 1125MHz 6-9-6?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes I am sure, the two sets I still have are incredible. I tested them in two different Gig UD5 boards and they simply cranked. I know I have pics saved somewhere on DVD of 32 meg Pi runs that where interesting. Let me see if I can dig them up.

XIP
    tccd

Quote Originally Posted by flesheatinvirus View Post
    Yes I am sure, the two sets I still have are incredible. I tested them in two different Gig UD5 boards and they simply cranked. I know I have pics saved somewhere on DVD of 32 meg Pi runs that where interesting. Let me see if I can dig them up.
    Yes, please try to find some screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    tccd
    Yes!
    I knew you'd have some of those too!

Xtreme Member
    g skill tccd
    now everybody has to go to his storage place and search what he has ^^ very help full list especially thanks to tapakaha for working out the basics
    using it allot at the moment

there are just 4 relay important numbers 1040 640 650 660
    little German

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is that Elpida IC ? 1.05 cm x 0.75 cm. The dot on the left side is much deeper to the letters than on other Elpida ICs. SN is 0640.

This is an Elpida eTT or OEM IC, just going by the production date I think it's some kind of BDxx chip.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What is eTT ? Can you explain that ? Untested like the old utt BH-5 or what ?

Sure. I remember there is a nice explanation by Exceleram. The original source is down but the article is still up at MaximumPC:

According to Exceleram, memory chips typically fall into one of four categories. At the top are "Major Brand" chips. These are fully tested and labelled by the maker with its own brand name, like Elpida, Hynix, Micron, Samsung, etc, and are the highest quality available.

Just below that are "eTT" chips. These are also fully tested, but overproduced and are sold unlabeled and already mounted to modules by other producers. Exceleram says these are comparable in quality to Major Brand.

Lower on the totem poll are "uTT" chips. Exceleram says these may not have been fully tested, and though they're usually functional, they're typically not backed by a warranty. The upshot is that they're a lot cheaper than other types of memory chips, so memory makers may opt to gamble.

The least desirable chips are called "Downgraded," and these have usually failed some critical tests, Exceleram says. However, they usually "work well under normal circumstances," they just won't be sold as enthusiast grade or overclocking RAM.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast