Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Shanghai/Deneb Review Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yup, 'nail on head', Throwed. There are those that prefer one thing, those that prefer the opposite, and those that are somewhere in between. Call it loyalty, comfort, preference, or whatever, I also will have no hardware in my computers other than AMD/ATI. And Chad, it IS exactly the same thing as having a favorite sports team, car/truck, favorite can of soup, or anything in between.

As for the Intel section, not only have I not posted in that section, but I can count the number of times i've clicked on the link on one hand.

[edit]

Oops, I see we are trying to get back on topic. OK, carry on!
    Last edited by flippin_waffles; 12-16-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonay View Post
    Hmm i thought this post was about AMD Shanghai/Deneb Review Thread and not amd fanboism. As i have stated i am interested in the next amd cpu and interested in getting one for my next cpu if it overclocks as well as seen .. As you peaople = "forum camps" like why are you in a amd section while running a intel cpu type :-D . Alright i may be called inmature but atleased i am mature enugh to try different products .. All right dont flame me boys i did not come here and knock the amd nor even comparing them up against each other "something that seems to be common these days"...
    OK, I am immature for favoring AMD yet I am mature enough to try other hardware like my Q6600 system.

Pro Intel folkz remind me of people that "Love Their Macs".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwed View Post
    OK, I am immature for favoring AMD yet I am mature enough to try other hardware like my Q6600 system.
    If you don't blindly stick to one manufacturer, then that is a good thing, but surely when it comes to a CPU, bang for buck(which can mean a few different things to different people admittedly), should surely be the ultimate arbiter.

Pro Intel folkz remind me of people that "Love Their Macs".
    Pro either side should give you that feeling.

Xtreme Addict
    Back to speculation

From OCWorkbench, 3Ghz Phenom II is ~512 marks faster than 3.2Ghz QX9770 assuming GPU scores are constant. However since the Phenom is leading on CPU, GPU scores should be slightly higher too, and hence the lead should be in 300-400.

But it's still 3.0 vs 3.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Banned
    You can "be" whatever you want and "love" what you want.. As for me I am Pro-AMD/ATI.....and will always be. If you want to be neutral and let hardware "talk"....do you. No need to call me out.....I am Pro ATI/AMD.....though most know this.

and yes, that's according to me, but I understand the world don't revole around me nor AMD/ATI....so I stay in my comfy little world called the AMD section and never go to the Intel section to steal someone elses shine. You would die and go to heaven before you see a post by me in the Intel section. I respect their hustle, but some don't seem to respect mine/other PRO-AMD enthusiast....which this section is catered to.
    See the point is, nobody has denied you a post in the Intel section, you're sanctioning yourself based on your own convictions, or whatever else your motivation may be. That didn't stop you from getting a Q6600; may I ask you why? Well, it has disappeared from your sig. Is that because you feel you won't be tolerated in here with an Intel rig in your sig? :rotfl: Posting in the AMD section, or any other section for that came with my membership and I'm not going to give it up to please a couple of fanboys' delusions of demarcations on XS. The AMD section is not prohibited to people with Intel systems. Jeeeeeezzz!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
    Back to speculation

From OCWorkbench, 3Ghz Phenom II is ~512 marks faster than 3.2Ghz QX9770 assuming GPU scores are constant. However since the Phenom is leading on CPU, GPU scores should be slightly higher too, and hence the lead should be in 300-400.

Have you ever seen pigs fly? Please wake me up when the legit reviews are posted.

Xtreme Member
    So basically Phenom II is looking more as in gaming CPU and the icore7 more as in software runing and programing and such ?
    Im very curious about its new capabilities and so far is all very good , more benchies please : D

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    Have you ever seen pigs fly? Please wake me up when the legit reviews are posted.
    When will they be legit? when they say what your wanting to hear?
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post
    Post a link to that review and I'll show you why it's not legit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post
    Perhaps when NDA has expired and all the mainstream review sites put up their reviews.

I am looking forward to reviews from The Tech Report and Anandtech.

Xtreme Addict
    LOL....."You people" means AMD........I guess he thinks AMD is the minority.......and this is our section.
    The shocking thing is... he actually think there's a difference in "us" and "them", as if this is some sort of bull[Banana] groupthink discrimination.

Don't worry, people normally aren't what they preach, especially those with loud mouths...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Boga View Post
    If you don't blindly stick to one manufacturer, then that is a good thing, but surely when it comes to a CPU, bang for buck(which can mean a few different things to different people admittedly), should surely be the ultimate arbiter.

Pro either side should give you that feeling.
    Your choice isi YOUR choice. I am not refutting anything. I am simply saying this is the AMD section. If you are neutral then STFU....If you are PRO AMD then enjoy.....If you are PRO Intel....WhyTF are you in the AMD section.

Pro either side? LOL........You just don't get it.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, and look what I found...

The P45 scores from a LEGIT motherboard roundup!

Banned
    Your choice isi YOUR choice. I am not refutting anything. I am simply saying this is the AMD section. If you are neutral then STFU....If you are PRO AMD then enjoy.....If you are PRO Intel....WhyTF are you in the AMD section.

You need to stop being so childish.

Banned

Why did you get a Q6600? Your argument about being "pro" something to post in that section actually shows your immaturity. Worse than that, it shows your intolerance, and that frankly is not in good spirit with the rules of this forum.

Xtreme Member
    Says the man that started all of this >.> LOL , any ways lets go back to the good stuff ^^ more info about the Deneb please

Please stop guys I dont want this tread to be locked T_T I need the info /sob

Xtreme Member
    Those kind of people are rare. I think you'd call them... impartial.

So according to you, one can't be neutral? You can't love a corvette zr1 and a ford gt? Well, I love both. Maybe instead of fanbois, let the hardware do the talking? Yes, I'm calling you out; (horns) peeeep, peeeep ,peeeep!

Xtreme Member
    You couldn't have said it better. Because you know, when you really think about it, there really isn't any difference. Everyone puts their time, energy, and smarts towards a goal or achievement, whether it's a field goal, home plate, or a nifty piece of hardware.

David

Because cheering for a sporting team and using an electronic device to achieve units of work are obviously the same thing.

Wrong and nonsensical on so many levels.

Xtreme Addict

it has been proved that he is pro intel since i have seen him troll in just about every amd thread created.
    See the point is, nobody has denied you a post in the Intel section, you're sanctioning yourself based on your own convictions, or whatever else your motivation may be. That didn't stop you from getting a Q6600; may I ask you why? Well, it has disappeared from your sig. Is that because you feel you won't be tolerated in here with an Intel rig in your sig? :rotfl: Posting in the AMD section, or any other section for that came with my membership and I'm not going to give it up to please a couple of fanboys' delusions of demarcations on XS. The AMD section is not prohibited to people with Intel systems. Jeeeeeezzz!!
    actually i have seen many posts with people that have intel cpus. i used to post in the watercooling section a lot and i would say the majority of the people there have intel cpus. personally i don't care. they bought what they did for a reason. and i am most likely the biggest amd fanboy you will ever see. i have never ran an intel rig before and i never will. but i am not biased towards amd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    it has been proved that he is pro intel since i have seen him troll in just about every amd thread created.
    Your concept of "proof" is appalling and the only thing you have seen is in your imagination.

i have never ran an intel rig before and i never will. but i am not biased towards amd.

Xtreme Addict
    Your concept of "proof" is appalling and the only thing you have seen is in your imagination.

sigh i thought you had finally stopped your anti amd comments and hostilitly towards people who run amd computers. it appears that the phrase i have quoted zucker saying is true for you based on the fact that you find every way possible to argue and dis anyone that stands up for amd. i believe there are more trolls in this thread than there are people that care about it. i really don't understand how my proof is appalling when you have no clue at all what i am talking about since i have not shown you any proof. and i don't understand how it is so funny that i have never owned an intel based computer. if you would ever take some time to think you might actually come across the idea that people run what they do for a reason. and i find it absolutely stupid to run an intel rig just because i never have before. how about you give me the money to buy an intel computer and then sure i will run it but it makes no sense to waste my money on something i don't want. so can you please just stop your trolling or just go back to the intel forums.
    Last edited by roofsniper; 12-16-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    i really don't understand how my proof is appalling when you have no clue at all what i am talking about since i have not shown you any proof.
    You haven't shown any proof simply because there is none, that is how I know.

and i don't understand how it is so funny that i have never owned an intel based computer. if you would ever take some time to think you might actually come across the idea that people run what they do for a reason. and i find it absolutely stupid to run an intel rig just because i never have before. how about you give me the money to buy an intel computer and then sure i will run it but it makes no sense to waste my money on something i don't want.
    Don't you even comprehend your own words?

Check out the highlighted part of my sig and see if the penny drops.

Xtreme Addict
    You haven't shown any proof simply because there is none, that is how I know.

Don't you even comprehend your own words?

Check out the highlighted part of my sig and see if the penny drops.
    i could show you proof but i think i am older than 5 years old to go digging up old threads just to prove a point that means nothing. sigh i don't think you understand. just because someone will never run a competitor's parts doesn't mean that they are biased against them. i personally will never run an intel cpu but it doesn't mean that i can't understand facts. i will admit that at times intel is better than amd but i still will not run their cpus. now if i always said 24/7 amd is better than intel then yes that is biased. but no i can tell who is better and i will tell others that as well. that sir is not the definition of biased. based on the definition of bias: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bias
    a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment
    i am not being biased. plus because i get amd cpus for free there is even more motivation to have an amd computer over an intel. so really you are just proving your ignorance over and over to me.
    Last edited by roofsniper; 12-16-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Xtreme Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
    Back to speculation

The QX9770 scores at least 13K for the CPU score, and if the GPU score is constant... then the QX9770 would be faster overall.

Almost similar GPU score (about 37 pts higher only), Yorkfield Q9450 at 3.2GHz OC => http://service.futuremark.com/result...eResultType=19 gets P7593 marks.

Thus I'm not sure which score the reviewer is comparing with but definitely a sub-optimal one. Most Yorkies at 3.2GHz can touch 13K easily on the CPU score.

Other interesting comparisons..

Q9550 @ 2.8GHz with a bit lower GPU score (6581) => http://service.futuremark.com/result...eResultType=19

Q6700 @ 3GHz with a bit lower GPU score (6586) => http://service.futuremark.com/result...eResultType=19

All of those are HD4850 cards...
    Last edited by Ghostbuster; 12-16-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ya, I remember the days when There was no Chad. When there was no talk of an AMD chip that looked to be better then the currents ones out, Before leaked slides of hitting 4ghz on air, before 6ghz+ on the new chip from AMD..

I must say I own and run a couple Chevy Cavalier z24's. They did not cost a lot, and they were not even close to the fastest/per dollar spent I could find. I prefer them over anything else, and like my AMD systems, that is what I run. It is another hobby of mine. My car is not always the fastest, but it sure is a lot of fun to take down the strip. I also prefer to run AMD, and these Phenom's are a ton of fun to tweak. Is that bad??... I do not run my computer to get a few more sec's in a particular application. It is a hobby, I enjoy tweaking, benching, etc. To some, this is a sport, and AMD might kinda be like a team to them in the respect. Let it go already.
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast