Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xeon E5-2600 V2 Price List: Ivy Bridge-EP

Xtreme Cruncher

Xeon E5-2600 V2 Price List: Ivy Bridge-EP

We have known for a while that the Ivy Bridge-E launch will supposedly take place in a few weeks time, with information about pricing of the consumer components coming to light recently. Despite the high cost of entry for consumers, the business aspect of these processors along the Xeon brand is arguably the more poignant and certainly the more profitable aspect of the business. Recently CPU-World has put many of the pieces of the puzzle together, from a variety of leaks from partners, in terms of which processors are being released, their intimate details, and importantly, pricing.

To follow on the naming scheme of Sandy Bridge -> Ivy Bridge -> Haswell Xeons, these processors, destined for 2P systems, will take on the E5 26xx naming scheme with V2 on the end, with L designating low power versions. We have the following list to browse and prepare servers for:

Click the link for price list

Taken From :- http://www.anandtech.com/show/7214/x...r-ivy-bridgeep

3000$ for top bin 12-core !!

Intel Core i7 3960x | 3x Intel Core i7 980x | 3x Intel Core i7 920 | 2x Intel Core i7 2600k | 2x AMD opteron 6282 SE | 3x Asus Rampage II Extreme | 2x Asus Rampage III Extreme | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 1x Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | 2x Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | Asus KGPE-D16 | 3x 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600 Cl7 | 1x Patriot Viper II 6GB 2000 Cl8 | 3x Corsair Hx1000 | 4x Corsair Ax 1200 | 3x Antec 1200 | 4x Corsair Obsidian 800D | 2x Intel 80Gb G2 SSD | 4x Kingston HyperX 120GB | 2x Vertex 2 120GB | 2xWD 150GB Velociraptor + 1x WD 300GB Velociraptor +5TB | Msi Nvidia Gtx 295 | Msi Ati 4870x2 OC Edition | 2x Msi Ati 4890 OC Editions| 2x Sapphire Ati 5870's| Sapphire 5970 OC Edition | 2x Msi Gtx 460 | 3x Sapphire 6970 | 3x Asus Gtx 580 | 3x Asus 7970

Administrator
    Yeah I figured those 12 cores were going to have sky high costs.

2687w's were $2K so for another $1K you get 4 more cores, not bad really if you need that kind of power.

Xtreme Legend
    Xeon E5-2690 v2 seems the best choice for power vs $$$ but is still so expensive.

So much for bringing dow the cost of the 8 core parts

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

R.I.P movieman's wallet

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    R.I.P movieman's wallet
    He pays for stuff ?????

I am Xtreme
    $3000 upgrade for an additional 4 cores over my current SB-EP and a decrease in clock speed. I think I'll be passing on this.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    He pays for stuff ?????
    Just tell me where poor people sign in to get free expensive stuff...

Administrator
    Mr. Dave - Movieman is known as the expert on Dual CPU systems. Over the years he has built up very good relationships with different companies because he knows what he is talking about .... well not Intel LOL

When a company like SuperMicro sends Dave a system and asks what he thinks ... they listen.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Mr. Dave - Movieman is known as the expert on Dual CPU systems. Over the years he has built up very good relationships with different companies because he knows what he is talking about .... well not Intel LOL

When a company like SuperMicro sends Dave a system and asks what he thinks ... they listen.
    Thank you Bill. Listen, I am a "plodder" I look at everything, I test everything looking for what "may" be there. Sometimes you find things and sometimes you don't.
    With this last system I just had a gut feeling that there was more to be found and had the feeling that it had to be in the memory.
    I happenned to be right BUT it took over 150 hours of testing to find out what the right memory was to get that last 5% from the system.
    Now "gut feelings" aren't scientific and often hard to explain to an engineer so first you have to get them on your side and that is what takes years to do.
    Bottom line is no engineer is going to listen to some old fart from the NH woods unless you have made them understand that maybe, just maybe you see things that they don't.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    -snip- I just called them and talked until they agreed to send me stuff if I never called back. -snip-
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Administrator
    -snip- I just called them and talked until they agreed to send me stuff if I never called back. -snip-

HAHAHAHAHAA that is to funny ... but true !!

I am Xtreme
    Thank you Bill. Listen, I am a "plodder" I look at everything, I test everything looking for what "may" be there. Sometimes you find things and sometimes you don't.
    With this last system I just had a gut feeling that there was more to be found and had the feeling that it had to be in the memory.
    I happenned to be right BUT it took over 150 hours of testing to find out what the right memory was to get that last 5% from the system.
    Now "gut feelings" aren't scientific and often hard to explain to an engineer so first you have to get them on your side and that is what takes years to do.
    Bottom line is no engineer is going to listen to some old fart from the NH woods unless you have made them understand that maybe, just maybe you see things that they don't.
    dual procs are nice until you have to make a loop for them . . .then you have twice the blocks for not just CPUS but ram and vregs/mofsets as well . . . .total PITA . . .just wish I could have Dave fly out to optimize it all

"Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    dual procs are nice until you have to make a loop for them . . .then you have twice the blocks for not just CPUS but ram and vregs/mofsets as well . . . .total PITA . . .just wish I could have Dave fly out to optimize it all
    I couldn't improve on what you've done. Just the opposite.
    That is beautiful work BUT to me one loop is fine for just the cpu's..Usually just see 1-2C difference in the temps between the two cpu's.
    I have to say it again, that is really beautiful work you showed here!
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

wouldn't want to be the guy doing the maintenance for that thing :P, so complex

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Addict
    Lol such a great rig and you end up buying the infamous Caviar Green

I am Xtreme
    I couldn't improve on what you've done. Just the opposite.
    That is beautiful work BUT to me one loop is fine for just the cpu's..Usually just see 1-2C difference in the temps between the two cpu's.
    I have to say it again, that is really beautiful work you showed here!
    You could have advised me on components I think, I just chose a mobo to fill the empty space and could only afford cheap Xeons at the time. I have no idea who to choose the right components for a dual proc build (my last one had Intel providing what they
    wanted not me choosing). Next time I will ask your advice first (could not this time as I was still banZored for being a clown).
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    Lol such a great rig and you end up buying the infamous Caviar Green
    actually those are recycled from a couple years ago, OS on two 512 gig Crucial SSDS

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    You could have advised me on components I think, I just chose a mobo to fill the empty space and could only afford cheap Xeons at the time. I have no idea who to choose the right components for a dual proc build (my last one had Intel providing what they
    wanted not me choosing). Next time I will ask your advice first (could not this time as I was still banZored for being a clown).
    I hear you. For a dualie 2011 socket build I can only recomend the one I am using now, Supermicro X9DAX-iF
    Immense, solid, and overclockable to 106BCLK
    Read and you'll see what I mean:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...65#post5192765

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hear you. For a dualie 2011 socket build I can only recomend the one I am using now, Supermicro X9DAX-iF
    Immense, solid, and overclockable to 106BCLK
    That's weird. I find hard to believe that Supermicro provided overclocking settings in a Dual Socket Motherboard. When I asked about the X10SAT for Xeon E3 Haswell, they said that they don't have these options in it because "that was not what it was designed to". Would love that the X10SAT was as complete as the C7Z87-OCE in BIOS options. Do you think I can convince them to add all the possible options, or provide a custom BIOS for a single customer?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by zir_blazer View Post
    That's weird. I find hard to believe that Supermicro provided overclocking settings in a Dual Socket Motherboard. When I asked about the X10SAT for Xeon E3 Haswell, they said that they don't have these options in it because "that was not what it was designed to". Would love that the X10SAT was as complete as the C7Z87-OCE in BIOS options. Do you think I can convince them to add all the possible options, or provide a custom BIOS for a single customer?
    It took a lot of convincing to get them to do that dualie but God did they do it right.
    As to the other I have a brand new 4770K sitting here and have a request in for this to test:
    http://www.supermicro.com/products/s...s-5038ad-t.cfm
    I requested that before the heart attack and I think they figured I was out of comission for a few months.
    Wrote them a week ago and said "I might not be able to walk down the street with 100LBs on my shoulder but I can damned well build and test a PC"

I am Xtreme
    It took a lot of convincing to get them to do that dualie but God did they do it right.
    As to the other I have a brand new 4770K sitting here and have a request in for this to test:
    http://www.supermicro.com/products/s...s-5038ad-t.cfm
    I requested that before the heart attack and I think they figured I was out of comission for a few months.
    Wrote them a week ago and said "I might not be able to walk down the street with 100LBs on my shoulder but I can damned well build and test a PC"
    I will carry the heavy load for you while you OC Dave Can pick up to 335 lbs . . .or Honey Boo Boo's Mom whichever is lighter

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I will carry the heavy load for you while you OC Dave Can pick up to 335 lbs . . .or Honey Boo Boo's Mom whichever is lighter
    I was told not to pick up anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 3 months and am on 9 pills a day one of which keeps my heart rate under 65 so no competing in the Worlds strongest man competition this year..

Administrator
    I was told not to pick up anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 3 months and am on 9 pills a day one of which keeps my heart rate under 65 so no competing in the Worlds strongest man competition this year..
    Dave I am very sorry to have to break the news to you, but the new 10 core & 12 core CPU's will weigh in at about 4 gallons of milk each so to be the most respectful person around I offer to come over and help you install those

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Dave I am very sorry to have to break the news to you, but the new 10 core & 12 core CPU's will weigh in at about 4 gallons of milk each so to be the most respectful person around I offer to come over and help you install those
    You are more than welcome to.. Wednesday might be a good day this week..I'll have the coffee ready!

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone ever estimated how much it actually costs intel to fabricate these high end xeons? I know larger monolithic chips are harder to make but on a $ per core basis the cost of these is extreme. How do you think the innevitable 64bit ARM-A57 server chips will impact pricing, will intel be forced to lower prices or will you see them push prices even higher to extract more money from customers that cannot feasibly migrate away from X86 or require very high performance per thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast