Thread: [News] Galaxy S8 specs leaked

[News] Galaxy S8 specs leaked

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/mobile/...y-specs-leaked

Just moments after Samsung officially confirmed that it is stopping production of Note 7 and halting all sales, the first realistic Galaxy S8 rumors have emerged.

According to a leak on the Weibo social network there will be two variants of the Galaxy S8 ? the 5.1-inch and 5.5 inch. We are quite sure that the 5.5-inch version comes with an edge shaped screen and it is likely to be imaginatively called the Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge.

According to the leak, both versions of the S8 will use Super Amoled screens. The 5.1 version comes with a QHD (2560x1440) while the 5.5 version might have a 4K display.

As we indicated before, there will be two processers powering the Galaxy S8 phones. One is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 while the other is the Exynos 8895. The Snapdragon 830 can be safely called the 10nm successor of Snapdragon 820. The Exynos 8895 will likely use the same processor.

It is likely that Samsung will offer Exynos powered phones in the European market and leave us with a less attractive modem. The US and some other markets will end up with the better Qualcomm variant.

The Galaxy S8 comes with two main cameras, that is the current trend for high end phones and it will incorporate the UFS 2.1 flash storage.

One not so surprising announcement is that the Samsung?s S Voice might be replaced by the Viv assistant. Samsung just bought Viv ? the digital assistant that was created by one of the people who gave the world Siri.

Most of the leaked information make sense, but again, we will have to wait and see if the information is really accurate. It would make a lot of sense to see Galaxy S8 phones with the specifications mentioned above. Some colleagues are confident that the phone may launch on February 26 2017. We are confident the launch might take place a day or two before the Mobile World Congress 2017, that takes place in Barcelona and starts on 27 February 27.

Xtreme Guru
    Does anyone really think we'll see 10nm chips by February? Look at how long it took TSMC to just get to 16nm, and even Intel is struggling to get below 14nm.

I just find it really hard to believe we'll see reliable 10nm parts within a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Does anyone really think we'll see 10nm chips by February? Look at how long it took TSMC to just get to 16nm, and even Intel is struggling to get below 14nm.

I just find it really hard to believe we'll see reliable 10nm parts within a few months.
    the size and complexity of a gpu is much more than an arm chip. you also have to keep in mind that samsung measures gate only, tsmc measures gate with some node, and intel measures the space from half of each sides node. so the way samsung measures their 10nm could be a slight refresh of the 14nm process with the same or very similar sized nodes.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    you also have to keep in mind that samsung measures gate only, tsmc measures gate with some node, and intel measures the space from half of each sides node. so the way samsung measures their 10nm could be a slight refresh of the 14nm process with the same or very similar sized nodes.
    That actually makes sense to me. I believe I read somewhere that the Samsung 14nm gates are actually bigger than the TSMC 16nm ones; it's all just marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Administrator
    Will there be a Note 8 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Will there be a Note 8 ?
    Probably yes but the delay will be big to people try to forget the fiasco.

Maybe Samsung rebrand it to Galaxy Note 007 edition ( bomb included ) ...
    FX 8320 4GHz@1.3V
    Antec 920
    Sabertooth 990FX
    32GB Kingston 1333
    Asus 5770
    Dell 2405FPW
    2x Seagate 2TB
    CWT 750w

Click it three times to arm!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post

Fudzilla have to believe it because they love to yell about how far Apple is behind because they released a 16nm SoC in 2016.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by zhadoom View Post
    Probably yes but the delay will be big to people try to forget the fiasco.

Maybe Samsung rebrand it to Galaxy Note 007 edition ( bomb included ) ...
    Impossible Mission Edition. It destroys it self automatically after you got your message

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    Impossible Mission Edition. It destroys it self automatically after you got your message
    more like inspector gadget.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi