Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police ask Congress to require mandatory text message logging, keep texts for 2 years

Xtreme Addict
    But but, it's against tewor ... terow ... terrorism! How can you be against that!

P.S. If you find some irony, I want it back!
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    The company you worked with had a deal with said telecommunication company to read this kind of information for debugging reasons on a given amount of devices.
    Apart from this it is absolutely not something you would be able to "just pay a fee for" to look at cellular data. Unforeseen breaches are known, but with serious consequences:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawful_interception
    For law enforcement agencies to get hold of this information they would usually need a court order.
    I suggest you look up what happened to the guy that discovered the flaw
    Seems we made our greatest error when we named it at the start
    for though we called it "Human Nature" - it was cancer of the heart
    CPU: AMD X3 720BE@ 3,4Ghz
    Cooler: Xigmatek S1283(Terrible mounting system for AM2/3)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P(F4) RAM: 2x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz Gold 8-8-8-24
    GPU:HD5850 1GB
    PSU: Seasonic M12D 750W Case: Coolermaster HAF932(aka Dusty )

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    United States of Orwell
    Pronounced United States of Oh Well by any chance?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowncoatGR View Post
    I suggest you look up what happened to the guy that discovered the flaw
    Intriguing to read, in hindsight I should have read the whole story on that breach before using it. At least my wording did not go entirely amiss, a murder is fairly serious consequences. :/
    Are there any serious clues to whom the perpetrators where? Mafia, corrupt government officials and/or other entities? I am sorry to say it like this, but your country has not received a lot of good publicity lately, so please excuse my forwardness.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

There is a reason the GPS of my phone is turned off most of the time and it isn't just because I want to save some battery life
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Coz you're always robbin' liquor stores Sparky?

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Yeah, I have a really bad drinking habit
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    One needs to take a mental step back and look at the big picture and see the "trends" and those trends are more power to the govt in the name of national security but govt is people, pewople are flawed and knowlege is power. The more knowledge these people have the more power and that is the bottom line.
    What was that famous line?
    "When you give up liberty for security you get neither"
    Get used to it folks. The USA, land of the free that you grew up in is gone.
    Govt does what it wants and if what it wants is contrary to the Constitution then too bad.
    I could write a book here but thats enough for one post.
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    Fu^* U, if you know its not the point then why troll and spout your sh!^ santas.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Fu^* U, if you know its not the point then why troll and spout your sh!^ santas.
    Just curious but did you mean that comment for me?
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNutz View Post
    Again it's been years perhaps (hopefully) things have changed so that it can only be accessed with court order. This i'm ok with since i'm not a criminal.
    See... the fact that you are not a criminal right now nor have been in the past is irrelevant. History has shown time and time again what is in store for the United States if we don't stop moving in the authoritarian direction... and it's not pretty.

Those of you who are old enough to remember the events surrounding the final days of the Soviet Union should immediately see where I'm going with this. Just like the USSR in the 80's, the United States and its massive deficit spending is putting the nation on a clear and intentional path toward complete collapse. But those behind the scenes in Russia used the collapse to end Authoritarian rule and bring about freedom and democracy, while here in the United States the pending collapse is intended to bring about the opposite. Markets crash, inflation skyrockets, and emergency powers granted to the President by Congress in order to save the nation is then used to suspend the Constitution and enact Martial Law, along with dissolving congress and the Supreme Court.

I mean... why else would Homeland Security (NOT the military) need to purchase 1.2 billion rounds hollow point ammunition (they'd use ball ammo for training) as well as 2,000+ of these vehicles for use INSIDE the United States...

It seems Obama also thinks he doesn't need congress for anything and is simply writing executive orders without any approval. Here are just a few...

- Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
    - Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
    - Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
    - Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
    - Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
    - Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
    - Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
    - Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
    - Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
    - Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
    - Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
    Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
    - Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

It's being done by a movement which started 100 years ago under Woodrow Wilson, gained a lot of steam in the 1960's whee their "Revolution" failed because of "The Man" put them in check. Only to realize that the only way to beat "The Man" is to "progressively" get people of like mind in key important positions throughout the education system and government and BECOME "the man". Saul Alinsky and his book "Rules for Radicals" is a step by step guide that the progressives have followed since the 60's, where two prominent leftist professors named Cloward and Piven developed a strategy called the "the fifth column" to collapse an economy from within and almost bankrupt New York in 1979 but the Federal Government saved them. Since then the goal has been to repeat this technique but on a national level where there is no help.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Eh sall good, there will be a revolution in America one day if things go the way they are going.

Will be scary though, with all those guns in the mix.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    See...
    Andrew LB. Have you ever thought to stop for a second and reflect on how much this whole political thing consumes your life? I mean I don't know you but
    I see that every chance you get you get political so I must assume you're really into this?

I'm not tying to poke at you, it's just I see the very same thing with others around me.

I myself am a truth seeker, I do this without bias to my own personal belief system. As a mater of fact if I find facts/proof that disproves my current belief system I change it to reflect the new found truth. I think this is a great strategy, I have no clue why others do not adopt it as their own. Instead most people cling tightly to their beliefs even in the face of irrefutable facts.

That being said what we need in our great country is the "U" part back. Listing and watching all this media hype crap is only dividing us further while they rake in the profits. It's easy
    to get consumed by it, It was designed to get you hooked & dependent just like a drug. Keeps you coming back for more.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    See... the fact that you are not a criminal right now nor have been in the past is irrelevant. History has shown time and time again what is in store for the United States if we don't stop moving in the authoritarian direction... and it's not pretty.

Those of you who are old enough to remember the events surrounding the final days of the Soviet Union should immediately see where I'm going with this. Just like the USSR in the 80's, the United States and its massive deficit spending is putting the nation on a clear and intentional path toward complete collapse. But those behind the scenes in Russia used the collapse to end Authoritarian rule and bring about freedom and democracy, while here in the United States the pending collapse is intended to bring about the opposite. Markets crash, inflation skyrockets, and emergency powers granted to the President by Congress in order to save the nation is then used to suspend the Constitution and enact Martial Law, along with dissolving congress and the Supreme Court.

I mean... why else would Homeland Security (NOT the military) need to purchase 1.2 billion rounds hollow point ammunition (they'd use ball ammo for training) as well as 2,000+ of these vehicles for use INSIDE the United States...

It seems Obama also thinks he doesn't need congress for anything and is simply writing executive orders without any approval. Here are just a few...

- Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
    - Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
    - Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
    - Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
    - Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
    - Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
    - Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
    - Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
    - Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
    - Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
    - Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
    Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
    - Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

It's being done by a movement which started 100 years ago under Woodrow Wilson, gained a lot of steam in the 1960's whee their "Revolution" failed because of "The Man" put them in check. Only to realize that the only way to beat "The Man" is to "progressively" get people of like mind in key important positions throughout the education system and government and BECOME "the man". Saul Alinsky and his book "Rules for Radicals" is a step by step guide that the progressives have followed since the 60's, where two prominent leftist professors named Cloward and Piven developed a strategy called the "the fifth column" to collapse an economy from within and almost bankrupt New York in 1979 but the Federal Government saved them. Since then the goal has been to repeat this technique but on a national level where there is no help.
    See: Liberal Fascism by jonah goldberg

Provides the documentation and history of almost everything you just stated.

They say that those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it but the history of our last 112 years has been so covered up and subverted that it is no longer about knowing what occurred but understanding it.

The last time there was a large currency collapse was the Weimar Republic. What lead the nation out of it was a rally for nationalism and a government that would make everything better. The Hitlers of the world lie in wait for the moment we are most vulnerable. They slowly build up their influence promising us the world; however, in sacrifice for our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor we are left with a ball and chain on both our body and spirit. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Under Nazi Germany millions of people subscribes to the view that the state was the solution to their problems. Many sacrificed everything to protect a government which would provide everything for them. All the government asked was that you fulfill its standards of a human. The tendency for governments to lead a people to their own destruction is thought history. Our founding fathers new this and tried to create a system to protect against it. However, after over 100 years of lowering the power of the Constitution we are on the verge of repeating history once more.

Fun fact: You can see this same story play out even in the Bible. This is also where the world nimrod comes from. Nimrod was the king also called "hunter of man" in that he hunted the hearts of man whom he molded into bricks. The Tower of Babel can also be viewed in some respects as an alter. In those days it was well known to make alters out of stone however the difference is important here. Like a stone every man is different, he is shaped by his creator and by the world around him. These stones can be placed together to form an alter to God. What this story is about is how Nimrod tried to turn Men (stones) into bricks where everyone is the same. Nimrod both though the construction of the tower and though his attempts to turn man to bricks is his attempt to become a god.

It is interesting how long before these political ideas came about you can see the value of individualism and the dangers of a government that tries to be God. Our founders said and saw it best: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

In other words God made man with free will and it is man who creates government and not the other way around.

Now back on track with a quote to some this thread and new report up: "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Xtreme Addict
    Have these been installed under Obama's legislature or why do you blame him? Or am I missing something?

Quick searching gives me:
    - Executive Order 10990 => John F. Kennedy http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58928
    - Executive Order 10995 => John F. Kennedy http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/eo-10995.htm
    Do I need to go on?

Oh, just found something interesting.
    • Executive Order 10990: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 2, 1962
    • Executive Order 10995: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 10997: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 10998: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11000: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11001: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11002: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11003: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11004: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11005: John F. Kennedy, Feb. 16, 1962
    • Executive Order 11049: John F. Kennedy, Sep. 14, 1962
    • Executive Order 11051: John F. Kennedy, Sep. 27, 1962
    • Executive Order 11310: Lyndon B. Johnson, Oct. 11, 1966
    • Executive Order 11921: Gerald R. Ford, June 11, 1976
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bar...ive-Orders.htm

Better check your facts next time.

Many of your other points are still valid though. All around the world those who are in power try to give them "special" rights so that they stay in power. In Germany for instance the conservative politicians wanted to pass a law allowing the use of the German army inside of Germany (i.e. during a "national crysis" etc.). Luckily, at the moment this is not allowed and let's hope to keep it that way. Another point are the internet filters many European and west states want so that they can filter it as they like. Just like Iran, China etc... But when those two countries do it, it's evil, but when the western states do it, it's for the good of all the people. Yeah, right...
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 12-05-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

I thought political topics were banned on XS?

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    I thought they were too, however people keep getting away with it. oh well.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme 3D Team
    This thread is getting ridiculous...
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    This thread is getting ridiculous...
    You started it
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    You started it
    ...and I've asked for it to be locked too
    Smile

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    They are and this one is about ready to be closed unless it gets back on track.

I am not sure how much difference it makes but all this is stored on your phone anyway. Remember the Michael Jackson murder trial and how much info they got off of Conrad Murrays cell phone ?

So much so that it made the case against him.

Then look at how much info they got from cell phone call logs that they had to get a warrant for from the cell phone service provider. This is pretty much along the same lines imo.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Just curious but did you mean that comment for me?
    No, that comment was for "santas".
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    No, that comment was for "santas".
    If you're referring to me (as I don't see anyone else in the thread with any reference to santa), you have me confused as to why you're cussing me out. Take a chill pill

The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    are you people planning crimes via text? i understand thats not the point but seriously.
    He was directing at this post, just for info.
    Donate to XS.org

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." -Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."-Thomas Paine

Devil kept pokin'
    This t still spinnin?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast