Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVGA Classified SR-2 Power Supply is here

Xtreme CCIE
    Do want. I hope eVGA does well with the whole SR-2 line, the more focus we can get on this market the better.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humminn55 View Post
    Actually, to properly design a multi-rail power supply, like the Quattro 1200 or Silverstone ST1500, for example, it's more expensive than a simple single rail.

And there's absolutely not one thing wrong with a well designed multi-rail power supply, unless you've become a zombie that fell completely for PCP&C's marketing.
    I buy based on performance and trust.
    ( Looks around household with(all PCP+C)1-1200,1-750,4-610's )
    They have NEVER let me down..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WC Annihilus View Post
    So... it's a rebranded Antec Truepower Quattro OC edition?
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Then you also know PC P&C is gonan go Mult-Rail soon too right?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    You're arguing that it's a good thing to have to wonder how much you're loading up a particular rail instead of just trying to balance the load across all the conductors (or not worry about it at all)? It needlessly adds another layer of complexity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I appear to have struck a nerve. Common sense has no chance with this one. *walks away*
    The TPQ is a single rail design split into 6 "virtual" rails for OCP protection. Shammy explained it I do believe so you can go look that up. Plus why are 24/7 stable guys ing about multi-rail this and OCP that? TQP obviously can handle ln2 cooled 980x and ln2 cooled Fermi(s) just fine. You are not going to hit any OCP with this PSU, especially since OCP doesn't actually kick until 50A. Before you come back with some lame argument about load balancing, you might wanna do a little search on the amps a 6ghz+ 980x draws too. A hint would be to go check out kingpincooling.com. Shammy posted all of the numbers they got at Antec's lab.

I am Xtreme
    in right chuch!

+1

Xtreme Member
    As others have already said, this is way too late to the game

Corsair already has them outclassed with their AX1200 PSU.

I'm thinking eVGA is going to have to make this thing a bargain if they want to sell them. Most enthusiasts research their power supply before they buy it. It's pretty hard to beat Corsair's reputation for quality products (and their 7 year warranty too)
    Last edited by Mad Pistol; 08-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Addict
    80 mm fan huh?
    As if they didn't realize that they could've gone for 4x40 mm fans instead..

Xtreme Addict
    I'm a little shocked they're letting the user adjust the fan speed - that's a recipe for disaster, in my books. Even a 80+Silver still makes a lot of heat at 1200W output.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MpG View Post
    I'm a little shocked they're letting the user adjust the fan speed - that's a recipe for disaster, in my books. Even a 80+Silver still makes a lot of heat at 1200W output.
    I am sure the fan will ramp up no matter what if it starts reaching critical temperatures.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Then you also know PC P&C is go and go Mult-Rail soon too right?
    I heard that so then I'll get a multi rail to use for the video BUT will keep the single rail for cpu.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    whoa @ C19 power plug.

Gigabyte x58 UD5 / core i7 920 @ 3.8 / 6G ddr3 / 100G Patriot Inferno + 500G WD / gtx470 SLI watercooled / x-fi / 1KW enermax / 5760x1080 surround

Gigabyte z68x-ud3-b3 / core i5 2400 @ 3.6 / 8G ddr3 / 120G Intel 510 + 120G Adata S599 + 2x 1T WD blue / Zotac gt430 / x-fi / 500w ocz / 1920x1200
    DFI pro875B / pressy 2.8 / 2g corsair xms pro / 6800gt agp / 150g raptor x / 500w ultra x-connect / lots of UV lighting / smiles
    MSI K7N2 Delta-L / Athlon xp2600+ / 1G ocz platinum / chaintech TNT2 / 2x Diamond Monster 3D II SLI / Audigy / more smiles

sleepin is overrated
    My coolermaster UCP is rated at 1100w continous its a 6 rail. Its OVP is rated at 38a each, Same energy rating and even has a C19 power plug /fitting too........

Possibly made my the same oem too

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=429
    Last edited by -Acid-; 08-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WC Annihilus View Post
    If nothing else, I'm amused that they don't even try to hide it like other companies, keeping the Quattro name on the box.
    Might have something to do with UL/CSA listings and what not
    System: Core I7 920 @ 4200MHz 1.45vCORE 1.35VTT 1.2vIOH // EVGA x58 Classified E760 // 6GB Dominator GT 1866 @ 1688 6-7-6-18 1T 1.65V // Intel X25 80GB // PCP&C 750W Silencer
    Cooling: Heatkiller 3.0 LT CPU block // 655 Pump // GTX360 Radiator
    Sound: X-FI Titanium HD --> Marantz 2265 --> JBL 4311WXA's
    Display: GTX480 // Sony GDM-FW900

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post
    I'm thinking eVGA is going to have to make this thing a bargain if they want to sell them.
    That sounds just like EVGA strategy. This will most likely be more than a TPQ. I mean they have to pay for the stickers that cover the antec stickers.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
    My coolermaster UCP is rated at 1100w continous its a 6 rail. Its OVP is rated at 38a each, Same energy rating and even has a C19 power plug /fitting too........

Possibly made my the same oem too

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=429

This Antec/EVGA has Enhance as its OEM while your Coolermaster is made by AcBel.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post

Well, seeing what's come out with the new Silencer Mk II line so far, I'd hang onto your old ones as long as possible. Seems that changing OEM's from Seasonic to Sirfa wasn't the brightest thing to do.....while the new units do put out the stated amperage, the ripple/noise generated by the new units has about tripled compared to the old Seasonic made units. (Testing of the new Silencer Mk II 950W showed ripple/noise at full load of 70mV on the +12V rail and 30mV on the minor rails.....over 3X higher on the +12V rail and a 50% increase on the minor rails than what was seen with the Silencer 910W.)

In fact, with its sloppier soldering on the PCB, looser voltage regulation, worse ripple/noise generation, it is handily beaten in construction and electrical performance by a comparable OCZ Z-series power supply, which is practically identical to the Mk II internally, and comparable units from Corsair, Enermax, XFX, Seasonic, and others.

Like was said in a review:

Re-branding Sirfa built OCZ-like products under the PC Power & Cooling banner makes PC Power & Cooling what Mercury has been to Ford for the last 15-20 years. As such, if this is the new hotness from PC Power & Cooling then, like another famous king, PC Power & Cooling just died on the toilet.
    Last edited by Humminn55; 08-11-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zloyd View Post
    How does this compare to the corsair 1200 ?
    Eh, it is pretty close based on comparing the Corsair to the Antec.
    The Corsair sits at $300 with a 80Plus Gold rating, the efficiency is above 90% most of the time.
    The Antec TP Quattro has a Silver rating and stays around 87-88% most of the time but is priced a little cheaper, $269-$329.
    The only other thing that really sets them apart is the fact that the Corsair has a 140mm fan vs the 80mm in the Antec. The Antec can get quite noisy when the fan ramps up.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm it took them this long to slap a new sticker on that thing?
    why are the buttons blue? shouldnt it be red like the board?

and yeah a bigger fan would be better to keep the noise down and the psu cool id think?

Xtreme Guru
    slap an overclocking sticker on it and charge three times the price. That is the state of things these days unfortunately.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    slap an overclocking sticker on it and charge three times the price. That is the state of things these days unfortunately.
    cause people are buying it... cant really blame companies for charging this much, they charge as much as people are willing to pay, obviously...

it funny cause youd think with ocing going mainstream people would make more educated buying decisions and go for price perf, but the opposite is happening

Xtreme PITA to MM
    cabling is different. its setup for the sr2. i only used the hardwired cables and it powers my whole machine. been folding on cpus and gpus for 3 days now without any instability.

I am Xtreme
    They call that thing modular? It has more cables off it than damn near any other power supply. At least the cables are nice and long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12