Thread: Gigabyte, you really need to fix the DS3P!!!!

Exclamation Gigabyte, you really need to fix the DS3P!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

I have the rig as in my sig. I have had constant troubles getting this mobo to overclock even 1 mhz past stock. Cut a long story as short as possible in the end after spending around 8 hours scouring the net I find that some people with earlier versions of my board having similar troubles. Basically the symtoms are it looks like you have had a botched overclock, the mobo auot reboots back to default settings and the CPU host clock control goes back to disabled and the PCI-e frequency goes back to auto and the pc is back to stock.
    The solution to this problem was to remove the current Nvidia card and install an old PCI card, get your overclock back shut down the pc put your other card back in and off you go. That works great But, if you do get actually get a botched overclock you lose everything and then the proccess of removing and installing cards begins again. Now that isn't real good to do especially when I have just finished building the rig with the gpu watercooled and the E6600 has a big fat vapo tube running up to it around the gpu and all the water cooling.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...s/IMG_4658.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...s/IMG_4641.jpg
    So please can someone here with a bit of curry in there bit give Gigabyte a nudge and get them to find a fix for this in a new bios release as I'm just a poor bastard who spent all his money on a new system thats as stable as horse crap on a pitchfork.

Thanks.
    Last edited by opti; 05-04-2007 at 10:30 PM.
    Lapped E8400 Lapped IFX-14 | ASUS P5K-E | Crucial 2 x 2gb PC2-5300 D9's | Gigabyte 8800GTX HR-03 plus | Too many hdd's to mention |Fatal1ty Extreme Gamer | G15 @ MX518 | AV Labs Dolby 7.1 | Antec NEO HE550 | 24" Dell 2407 LCD

Xtreme Member
    Have you tried upping the PCI-E frequency to 105, read that it helped some people.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Have you tried upping the PCI-E frequency to 105, read that it helped some people.
    Yeah sorry I forgot to add that, I first managed to get it to work at 110mhz with a PCI-E overvoltage of +0.1v, but now that doesen't even work.
    I know I am not the only one with this board and the same problem, I have spoken to many people here in Australia with the same problem and adding 10mhz to the PCI-e along with some overvoltage has helped some and it hasn't helped others. Removing the pci-e card and putting an old pci card in seems to work the best for some too.
    Lapped E8400 Lapped IFX-14 | ASUS P5K-E | Crucial 2 x 2gb PC2-5300 D9's | Gigabyte 8800GTX HR-03 plus | Too many hdd's to mention |Fatal1ty Extreme Gamer | G15 @ MX518 | AV Labs Dolby 7.1 | Antec NEO HE550 | 24" Dell 2407 LCD

Xtreme Member
    I assume you've updated the BIOS to the current F4 also rather then 110 try 105 with +0.1v if you haven't already tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I assume you've updated the BIOS to the current F4 also rather then 110 try 105 with +0.1v if you haven't already tried it.
    F4 is the only bios version for the rev 3.3 boards, and yeah I have tried 105 with +0.1v too.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by opti View Post
    I have the rig as in my sig. I have had constant troubles getting this mobo to overclock even 1 mhz past stock. Cut a long story as short as possible in the end after spending around 8 hours scouring the net I find that some people with earlier versions of my board having similar troubles. Basically the symtoms are it looks like you have had a botched overclock, the mobo auot reboots back to default settings and the CPU host clock control goes back to disabled and the PCI-e frequency goes back to auto and the pc is back to stock.
    The solution to this problem was to remove the current Nvidia card and install an old PCI card, get your overclock back shut down the pc put your other card back in and off you go. That works great But, if you do get actually get a botched overclock you lose everything and then the proccess of removing and installing cards begins again. Now that isn't real good to do especially when I have just finished building the rig with the gpu watercooled and the E6600 has a big fat vapo tube running up to it around the gpu and all the water cooling.
    So please can someone here with a bit of curry in there bit give Gigabyte a nudge and get them to find a fix for this in a new bios release as I'm just a poor bastard who spent all his money on a new system thats as stable as horse crap on a pitchfork.

Thanks.
    Did you ever fix this in a sane manner? I have the same problem (with the same Leadtek card, E4300 though) with the 965p-DQ6 (3.3). I'm thinking of getting an X1950 Pro to fix it (and do some nice GPU folding )

Xtreme Cruncher
    F4 is the only bios version for the rev 3.3 boards, and yeah I have tried 105 with +0.1v too.

Thanks.
    Try F10

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2456

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VietOZ View Post
    you are pointing to the ds3 rev 3.3, not the ds3p rev 3.3
    E8500 (4.2 ghz)
    Crucial 800 8gb
    Abit IP-35 Pro
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    Hr-05 NB heatsink w/ 80mm fan
    GTX260
    Antec Quattro 850 psu
    28" I-Inc lcd monitor
    Logitech G9
    Logitech G15

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladis View Post
    Did you ever fix this in a sane manner? I have the same problem (with the same Leadtek card, E4300 though) with the 965p-DQ6 (3.3). I'm thinking of getting an X1950 Pro to fix it (and do some nice GPU folding )
    No I still have this problem, I'm going to go back to DFI and get rid of this Gigacrap. If only DFI had the Lanparty out when I bought the DS3P.

No I still have this problem, I'm going to go back to DFI and get rid of this Gigacrap. If only DFI had the Lanparty out when I bought the DS3P.
    Did you try with a different video card?
    Also, I have tested with the F10c beta BIOS, it didn't help at all.

Xtreme Addict
    I have the DS3P Ver 2.0 and its as solid as a rock and OC's very well so I'm thinking of buying the DS4 Ver 3.3 that is going super cheeeep @ VTech for only $145.80AU
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

I fixed this by switching video cards (from Leadtek 7950GT to PowerColor X1950 Pro). Opti I realize you've seen my thread on OCAU, I'm just mentioning this for anyone else who happens to have this issue and finds this thread.

Xtreme Member
    If I use nvidia 8600 series , any problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    If I use nvidia 8600 series , any problem ?
    I really don't know. The only people I know of who have had this problem had 7950GTs, but then I've seen quite a lot of reports of people with 8800s having to run these mobos with PCI-E speed set to 110 and some +PCI-E voltage. Honestly I simply will not be buying any Gigabyte mobos again. All their support had to say was "not our fault".

Xtreme Member

Thanks.
    Did you solve this problem? , If solved , How ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Did you solve this problem? , If solved , How ?

thanks
    Yes problem solved, I put in a ATI card, X1900XTX and the problem has gone. I also tried F5f and F5 bios' before I changed cards but it still didn't work.

Yes problem solved, I put in a ATI card, X1900XTX and the problem has gone. I also tried F5f and F5 bios' before I changed cards but it still didn't work.
    Grats Opti. Sucks that you had to do the same as me though :\ At least you can do some pimpin' folding on that thing

So it's impossible to use a nvidia card and to overclock with this board...
    I just got a 7950GX2 and I don't wanna change it.
    I can overclock under windows but not from the bios (same symptoms as you)
    Could this be solved by a bios update?