Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upload failed?

Xtreme Supporter

Question Upload failed?

I can't seem to attach any images to my threads. In the past I was able to do this just fine. The files format and size are correct but when I attempt to upload them it simply states "Upload failed." There are no details provided as to why. Thanks.

I am Xtreme
    i think we only have a limited number of uploads...

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    i think we only have a limited number of uploads...
    I deleted some of my prior attachments but still no go. Hopefully there isn't a lifetime max number of uploads - especially for paying members.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Don't worry, I think the forum is just broken.
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    I've had this problem for quite some time now I wish it was fixed.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    Same problem here.
    FFox, Explorer and chrome don`t upload.
    REX4F - X79A-Sabertooth
    Noctua NH-D14 Pull-Pull NoiseBlocker PK3
    X3930 @4.5 - 1,325V
    X3860 @4.5 - 1,28V
    Geil Ultra+ 6x4 7-8-7-24@1814 1,65V Elpida???
    Gskill RJ-X 4x8 9-11-11 @2200 1,65V Sammy
    580 SLI

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Same problem here as well.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    broken here as well
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Enthusiast

I can not show and tell

The same here, I just built an Lian Li ITX with a T1B and can not show it to you all.
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I got some killa numbers from a new 3G GTX 580 Classified on remote water that looks like over 1100 core is not a problem. With out pics it never happened.

Xtreme Member
    Problem is still existing.
    REX4F - X79A-Sabertooth
    Noctua NH-D14 Pull-Pull NoiseBlocker PK3
    X3930 @4.5 - 1,325V
    X3860 @4.5 - 1,28V
    Geil Ultra+ 6x4 7-8-7-24@1814 1,65V Elpida???
    Gskill RJ-X 4x8 9-11-11 @2200 1,65V Sammy
    580 SLI

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It is rather annoying and yes still existing for me as well.

Any adults in the room? Geesh... this needs fixed.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mBrane View Post
    Any adults in the room? Geesh... this needs fixed.

I'm guessing it'll get done after the other 4.276 items that need to get fixed are fixed.

Honestly, XS has slowly been sliding into the crapper since the last major forum software update, too many things are broke and no one seems to care about fixing any of it.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I am Xtreme
    use imageshack/photobucket

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

I'm guessing it'll get done after the other 4.276 items that need to get fixed are fixed.

Honestly, XS has slowly been sliding into the crapper since the last major forum software update, too many things are broke and no one seems to care about fixing any of it.
    So glad that I made another recent donation to XS.

Image posting is disabled. This is the backup xserve until I finish the new xserve mini again. The original xserve mini died on me, I kept us on the backup xserve and RMA'd the mini, it is partly reloaded. And if this xserve fails, I have another xserve that was the main until I used it to get the mini ready. It currently backs up this machine. When I am ready and I will down XS (this server) for a day to get the data reloaded and tested. Between working a full time job and planning the CES event I had to put it on the back burner.

Our major issue is bandwidth, I do not own my building where my office (xtremesystems) is located, I do not own the telephone or network equipment, nor do I sign the contract. Due to the phone lines being on the same contract with the PBX (high end phone box). I say we but I am referring to my employer is under a multi year contract that the ISP does not want to spend $ to get us the fiberrun to us, rather they are trying to keep us alive on 7x bonded T1 lines into a ANDA 10M concentrator. Our contract ends this year. We are already provisioning 45M that will cost roughly the same and move off this ISP. 5 year ago this was adequate bandwidth but I think XO is oversold, we get the full 10M between us but the world connecting to them is a bottleneck, where this is obvious is when I access the webmail it is equal to page load times on XS.

Our old outdated equipment is managed hardware, it is not ours.

Waterlogged, give me your number so I can call you every time I do something on the other server?
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    use imageshack/photobucket

Yes, this is the ideal option even if uploading was available as you will be able to have access to all the images you will have posted in an album under your profile. Ideal solution if you ever need to gain access to the pictures in the future as I have ran into. I don't think in all the years I have used the XS system for my pictures except for avatar or profile pictures.

Ryan

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Image posting is disabled. This is the backup xserve until I finish the new xserve mini again. The original xserve mini died on me, I kept us on the backup xserve and RMA'd the mini, it is partly reloaded. And if this xserve fails, I have another xserve that was the main until I used it to get the mini ready. It currently backs up this machine. When I am ready and I will down XS (this server) for a day to get the data reloaded and tested. Between working a full time job and planning the CES event I had to put it on the back burner.

Our major issue is bandwidth, I do not own my building where my office (xtremesystems) is located, I do not own the telephone or network equipment, nor do I sign the contract. Due to the phone lines being on the same contract with the PBX (high end phone box). I say we but I am referring to my employer is under a multi year contract that the ISP does not want to spend $ to get us the fiberrun to us, rather they are trying to keep us alive on 7x bonded T1 lines into a ANDA 10M concentrator. Our contract ends this year. We are already provisioning 45M that will cost roughly the same and move off this ISP. 5 year ago this was adequate bandwidth but I think XO is oversold, we get the full 10M between us but the world connecting to them is a bottleneck, where this is obvious is when I access the webmail it is equal to page load times on XS.

Waterlogged, give me your number so I can call you every time I do something on the other server?
    Yeah can understand, been busy with private contract work myself (vbulletin clients)

Fugger, cut down page size http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5031198 - there's no reason for 1.3MB per page load !

Also slowness can also be attributed to mysql database backend needing tuning as well. Depending on MySQL version you use there's more performance to be had as well http://vbtechsupport.com/657/ & http://vbtechsupport.com/715/. Also depending on size of MySQL database and how you back it up, the back task can also affect forum performance during the actual backup (symptoms include temporarily but general slowness, freeze or hangs during posting/replying etc). If you're only using mysqldump for backup look into mydumper which is multi-threaded. InnoDB and MyISAM benchmarks I did recently (dam would love dual E5-2690s for 32 cpu thread benchmarking for MySQL scaling etc .
    ---

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post

FUGGER, I understand being busy (who hasn't been the last few months?) but, let's slow thigns down a bit and examine a couple facts. On 12-23, you posted this topic about your ISP having issues. At the time you posted that topic, this topic was the top topic having a "last post date" of 12-22, you couldn't take the minute or two at that time to give us this info instead of letting it drag on for another 3 weeks?

How long has the xserve mini been down? I doubt it's been down for all the other topics regarding broken items/small tweaks to make XS feel like it used to that have popped up since the major software upgrade, and if it has been, a global notification to the masses asking for patience and understanding would have been nice and likely avoided a lot of topics like this. I can understand not wanting to do those fixes to the backup when it'd be easier to apply to the main and then just save them to the backup.

I've nothing against you, I love XS and if I had spare money to give, I'd throw it your way. I actually have just a little more spare time than money and both are getting exceeding scarce ATM. I just don't like watching one of my favourite sites turn into a run down red neck shack that can be pulled down by a Yugo, that's all. In the future, if something is seriously wrong with the site (like the state it's currently in), a little communication can go a long way in avoiding headaches.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guys

When it comes to XS, I (and most others who've been here a while and seen other sites come and go) will put up with a lot. Most anything, really, since it's about the best OC site, and community, that's ever existed.

It's been slow here and there before, and Charles has always come through and fixed it. It happens and it's not usually something he can control. It's taking a bit of time, but XS is still here and that's all that matters.

The uploading isn't working, but forum uploading generally sucks anyway. Dealing with file limits is a pain and imageshack works just fine. I don't really see a problem. If you're saying that you 'can't post a pic' then it's really because you're not trying very hard.

I donate now every year. Have done since it started and it's fine by me. I sell stuff in the classy's here and there and I figure that's just 'Charles' cut' and don't think much past it.

Considering he's avoided turning it into one of those commercialized deals where ads pop up everywhere and it's hard to actually see the site anymore, I have a lot of respect for him. He'd be a lot richer but we'd be a lot poorer for it.

So deal with it. It'll get fixed in time and whatever time that is, it just is. Why turn the screws on a guy that's given a great deal of his own time and money to make the site and make it last?

Just my 2c. Flame if you like, but the fact is that XS, even slower with a couple glitches, is still the best site around.

Thanks Charles

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    whew, I thought my computer was broken. I don't have photobucket access at work, so I guess I will patiently wait until its fixed.

I am Xtreme
    Perfectly said Mr Gray

R.I.P computer
    i just thought i was doing it wrong

as hondacity said.. there is always photobucket/ image shack, not that big of an issue i think

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well said Gray. Thanks Fugger for the def on this issue as I thought there was something strange happening, no problem going back to imageshack. This still is the greatest OC community in the world with some of the best people on the planet. The research info here is simply awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast