Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: X58 BloodRage Heatsink/Waterblock/Extreme Cooling Compatibility List

Xtreme X.I.P.

X58 BloodRage Heatsink/Waterblock/Extreme Cooling Compatibility List

Hey Guys,

Heres a list of CPU Heatsink/Waterblock/Extreme Cooling solutions that are known to fit on BloodRage.
    Since one of its unique features are the 775 mounting holes, there are two lists, one for 775 and one for 1366 Solutions

Note: 775 PushPin Heatsinks like the Intel Stock Heatsinks are NOT officially supported... you might be able to fit them but since the 1366 cpu socket is higher/thicker than the 775 cpu socket, the PushPins will either not mount safely and pop out again, or you will bend and possibly damage the pcb. On some Heatsinks the PushPins are longer and more flexible

High end Heatsinks and other Cooling solutions cost quite some money, and they are usually mounted with backplates, so the hight of the cpu socket doesnt matter for them. Thats why we added the 775 mounting holes so you guys wont have to spend extra money on a new and expensive 1366 Heatsink or a 1366 retention kit upgrade, you dont have the hassle to search for one and dont have to wait for it to arrive. Not to mention that there are great 775 Cooling Solutions out there that unfortunately dont have 1366 bracket upgrades available.

Known to work 775 solutions:
    Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme
    Asus Silent Knight II
    Coolermaster Gemini II
    Coolermaster Hyper TX2 (pushpins but fits fine)
    Coolermaster V8
    Coolermaster Z600
    Coolink Silentator
    Noctua NH-U12P
    Noctua NHC 12P
    Duniek cu/alu cpu tube
    EK Supreme Waterblock
    Fuzion V1 Waterblock
    KingPin F1 POT
    KingPin F1EE POT
    Kingblock POT by AlexTa
    Koolance CPU-340 Waterblock
    Koolance CPU-345AC Waterblock
    Koolance CPU-345AT Waterblock
    Koolance CPU-350AC Waterblock
    Mach2 GT 775 mounting Kit
    MPZ Copper/Alu Pot
    OCZ Cryo-Z 775 mounting Kit
    OCZ HydroFlow Waterblock
    Scythe Ninja Copper
    Scythe Orochi
    Swiftech Apogeee Drive Waterblock
    Swiftech Apogeee GT Waterblock
    Swiftech Apogeee GTX Waterblock
    Swiftech Apogeee GTZ Waterblock
    Swiftech MCX 775-V
    Thermalright TRU Ultra-120A 1
    Thermalright TRUE Ultra-120 eXtreme 1
    Thermalright TRUE Ultra-120 eXtreme Full-Copper 1
    Thermaltake V1 AX
    Tuniq Tower 120
    Xigmatek Achilles
    Ybris ACS Waterblock
    Ybris One-Evo Waterblock
    Zalman CNPS-9300
    Zalman CNPS-9500
    Zalman CNPS-9700
    Zalman CNPS-9900
    Zalman WB3 Gold Waterblock
    Zalman WB4 Gold Waterblock
    Zalman WB4 PLUS Waterblock
    Zalman WB5 Waterblock

Known to work 1366 solutions:
    CoolerMaster V8 *
    DangerDen MC-TDX Waterblock
    DangerDen MPC-CPU Waterblock
    Dynatron G555
    Intel 1366 Stock Heatsinks
    Koolance CPU-340 Waterblock *
    Koolance CPU-345AC Waterblock
    Koolance CPU-345AT Waterblock
    Koolance CPU-350AC Waterblock
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
    Swiftech Apogeee Drive Waterblock *
    Swiftech Apogeee GT Waterblock *
    Swiftech Apogeee GTX Waterblock *
    Swiftech Apogeee GTZ Waterblock *
    Thermalright TRU Ultra-120A * 1
    Thermalright TRUE Ultra-120 eXtreme * 1
    Thermalright TRUE Ultra-120 eXtreme * 1
    Thermaltake V1 AX
    Thermaltake CL-P0501
    Thermaltake CL-P0532
    Thermaltake CL-P0533
    Vigor Monsoon III
    Zalman CNPS-9300 *
    Zalman CNPS-9500 *
    Zalman CNPS-9700 *
    Zalman CNPS-9900 *

* This is not a native 1366 solution. There are newer versions with 1366 mounting hole support and older versions without. For BloodRage either version will fit and work fine, for other Boards you need the 1366 backplate so if you use several boards or can chose between either 775 or 1366 mounting solutions you should get the version with the 1366 backplate/mounting plate.

1 The Wire fanclip works best as it allows the fan to be elevated slightly and moved around a bit and as result even memory modules with large heatspreaders can be installed. Dont let the fan push the memory in slot1 back! Mount the fan elevated so it sits above the memory heatsink and doesnt push it from the side. The Fanbracket hits high memory heatsinks in the first memory slot and blocks them, if the memory has low or no heatsinks it will fit but once the fan is installed it will prevent the first memory stick from getting removed/exchanged.

not supported/recommended:
    Intel 775 Stock Heatsink - 775 PushPin
    OCZ Gladiator - 775 PushPin
    OCZ Gladiator MAX - 775 PushPin
    OCZ Vanquisher - 775 PushPin
    OCZ Vendetta - 775 PushPin
    OCZ Vendetta 2 - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Andy Samurai Master - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Katana - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Mugen - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Ninja Mini - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Ninja PLUS - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Ninja 2 - 775 PushPin
    Scythe Orochi - 775 PushPin
    SunbeamTech Core Contact Freeze - 775 PushPin
    Thermalright IFX-14 - 775 PushPin
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon 120 VX - 775 PushPin
    Xigmatek Red Scorpion - 775 PushPin

If you have a heatsink that doesnt seem to fit please let us know and post some pictures if possible.
    If you use a heatsink that is not on the list yet and it fits well, please let us know so we can add it to the list here!
    Ill add more and more heatsinks here over time, please help me to make this list as complete as possible, thanks!
    Last edited by saaya; 02-16-2009 at 02:55 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Perhaps add the ThermalRight Ultra-120 ( non-Extreme ) and the True Black, and the True Copper as they're all compatible
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    I get mine Friday, I'll be checking NB compatibility with the stock pipe system and our 1366 block should fit it as well .

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Perhaps add the ThermalRight Ultra-120 ( non-Extreme ) and the True Black, and the True Copper as they're all compatible
    alright! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by [Koolance] Dean View Post
    I get mine Friday, I'll be checking NB compatibility with the stock pipe system and our 1366 block should fit it as well .
    great! thanks!

do you think it will be difficult to create a custom hold down mechanism to mount koolance blocks on the chipset-heatpipe system of BloodRage? do you have any recommendations for the position of the mounting holes or the mounting mechanism for our chipset-heatpipe system?
    originally i wanted to create it in a way that koolance and other waterblocks can be mounted as well, and third party chipset heatsinks too, but it turned out to be quite complex and we didnt have the time and resources and wanted to keep the design simple. you guys are very experienced with mounting brackets, so any suggestions?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    alright! thanks!

great! thanks!

do you think it will be difficult to create a custom hold down mechanism to mount koolance blocks on the chipset-heatpipe system of BloodRage? do you have any recommendations for the position of the mounting holes or the mounting mechanism for our chipset-heatpipe system?
    originally i wanted to create it in a way that koolance and other waterblocks can be mounted as well, and third party chipset heatsinks too, but it turned out to be quite complex and we didnt have the time and resources and wanted to keep the design simple. you guys are very experienced with mounting brackets, so any suggestions?
    Well... not many other manufacturers use single components blocks anymore, it seems to be shifting towards full coverage blocks. But we offer them and don't ever plan on discontinuing them due to their awesome flexibility. We really just need two holes located anywhere. If you want to take a look at a short installation manual here, you'll see page three has a good description of how we mount ours on a motherboard. The biggest problem I've had with boards is that the contact area above the northbridge is either too small (doesn't look to be the case here at all ) or there are raised portions around the contact area that interfere with appropriate contact (again not the case ).

I see on the board though you have four screws that hold down your northbridge cooler... we will probably end up revising our mounting hardware slightly to account for such situations... but I'll see when I get to mess around a bit on Friday . I'll send you a PM with what I find if you'd like.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yes, please do!
    well i plan to make the mounting hole dimensions for the entire board public and post them here, so any manufacturer or even end users can build their own cooling solutions or modify existing ones to fit

The mounting holes of the BloodRage Heatsink Main Copper Base in the center are as follows:
    hole diamter = ~3mm
    northwest to southwest center to center = ~33.0mm
    northwest to northeast center to center = ~53.0mm
    northwest to southeast center to center = ~66.6mm
    the maximum square size a waterblock should have is 65x40mm, and it can actually stretch beyond that in most directions

Xtreme Member
    Saaya,

Swiftech Apogee GTX fits with GTZ 1366 mounting plate and backplate!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA390198.jpg 
Views:	2261 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	91875  
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!
    CPU Loop: MCP-655~Swiftech MCR-220~HEATKILLER® 3.0 LT
    GPU Loop: MCP-655~XSPC RS240~EK FC5870 Plexi+Nickel

Xtreme X.I.P.
    alright!
    it doesnt fit with the 775 backplate tho? how come?
    glad you could get a board before 2009! lol
    have fun with it

EDIT: wait, gtx?
    i thought theres only GT and GTZ?
    So theres a new backplate from swiftech with 1366 holes for the GT and GTZ?
    Do you know if it works with the Swiftech Drive waterblock too? i guess it does right?
    i added those 3 heatsinks to the list of 1366 cooling solutions
    Last edited by saaya; 12-31-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    btw, i googled a lot and cant find any more 1366 heatsinks...
    there seem to be only 6 native 1366 heatsinks and another 6 that work with a new retention bracket... is that all?
    im really glad we made the move to add 775 mounting holes, there are almost no 1366 heatsinks out there it seems and finding and getting the 1366 upgrade retention brackets seems to be a bit of a hassle.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    alright!
    it doesnt fit with the 775 backplate tho? how come?
    glad you could get a board before 2009! lol
    have fun with it

EDIT: wait, gtx?
    i thought theres only GT and GTZ?
    So theres a new backplate from swiftech with 1366 holes for the GT and GTZ?
    Do you know if it works with the Swiftech Drive waterblock too? i guess it does right?
    i added those 3 heatsinks to the list of 1366 cooling solutions
    Yep, there was a GTX. The GTX was the model after the GT and before the GTZ. The difference between the 775 backplate and the 1366 backplate is the hole in the middle. As you know, the 1366 socket has a bracket on the back of the mobo which the 775 does not so the X shaped 775 backplate won't fit over this bracket. Pictures below. The first one is the GTX waterblock, the second is the 775 backplate, and the third is the 1366 backplate and 1366 bracket for the waterblocks. All three blocks, the GT, GTX, and GTZ all use the same backplate.

Name:	apogee_gtx-ultimatecooling.png 
Views:	2219 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	91877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backplate+hardware.jpg 
Views:	2276 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	91878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APOGEE-GTZ-CI7.jpg 
Views:	2216 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	91879  
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!

Xtreme Member
    Saaya, also, the Swiftech GT, GTX, and GTZ will not work without the 1366 backplate and bracket.

H20!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge180SX View Post
    Yep, there was a GTX. The GTX was the model after the GT and before the GTZ. The difference between the 775 backplate and the 1366 backplate is the hole in the middle. As you know, the 1366 socket has a bracket on the back of the mobo which the 775 does not so the X shaped 775 backplate won't fit over this bracket. Pictures below. The first one is the GTX waterblock, the second is the 775 backplate, and the third is the 1366 backplate and 1366 bracket for the waterblocks. All three blocks, the GT, GTX, and GTZ all use the same backplate.
    hmmm ok... i cant find anything about an apogee GTX on the swiftech site or on google, so maybe it was the ES version of the GTZ or something?

Saaya, also, the Swiftech GT, GTX, and GTZ will not work without the 1366 backplate and bracket.
    are you sure?
    hmmm the TRUE 775 and 1366 and other heatsinks and waterblock backplates dont have a hole in the center for the backplate of the 1366 socket either, but they still fit.

theres the socket backplate and the heatsink/waterblock backplates just sit on top of that... i guess the tiny elevations on the end of the backplate dont stick through the 775 mounting holes so mounting might be more tricky, but id think the 775 backplate still works... can you have a look again and check? unfortunately i couldnt find any swiftech stuff here in asia and even tho the details on the swiftech site are great, there isnt any info on the diameters of the backplates.

Ill remove the swiftech heatsinks from the 775 solutions list for now and will keep them on the list of 1366 solutions (with the 1366 backplate)

Xtreme Member
    Saaya,

If you go to the Swiftech website and click the Liquid Cooling item, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see discontinued products, it is under there. The reason it was discontinued is because the GTZ took it's place.

As for the 775 backplate, like you said, the holes just aren't high enough up to reach through for the screws. You might be able to bend the backplate enough to reach but in my opinion that would just put unneeded stress on the socket especially when you can buy the 1366 backplate and adapter from Swiftech for $10.

H20!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Yeah Touge180SX you're right, bending the backplate would be the worst idea ever, and might even end up f* up your system.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, especially when the right backplate can be bought from for $10

H20!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Saaya,

If you go to the Swiftech website and click the Liquid Cooling item, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see discontinued products, it is under there. The reason it was discontinued is because the GTZ took it's place.

As for the 775 backplate, like you said, the holes just aren't high enough up to reach through for the screws. You might be able to bend the backplate enough to reach but in my opinion that would just put unneeded stress on the socket especially when you can buy the 1366 backplate and adapter from Swiftech for $10.
    ahhh ok...
    well i already removed the swiftech blocks with 775 mounting kit from the list
    i guess its possible to fit the 775 backplate with longer screws or maybe thin nuts on the backside of the board instead of the backplate in case your in a region where you cant find the 1366 backplate... but its not recommended

Xtreme Member
    Sounds good! I know the 1366 backplate is really hard to find right now and sold out almost everywhere in the US. I'm lucky no one here in Japan does a lot of extreme computers!

H20!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    well your rig is assembled already so i dont wanna bother you about checking if the 775 plate fits
    Looks very sweet btw, especially the red tubing... whats that blue pcb card tho? :P get some spray paint or nailpolish and get it red! ^^
    do you have higher res pics of the rig? your avatar pic looks a bit washed out and pixeled. or maybe its cause you saved it as jpeg? try png

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Saaya! Those pics were actually taken with my cell phone! I'm not sure what's up with that PCB! I ordered the identical GPU that I had already and the newer models come with a green PCB! I was sooooo pissed! Where you able to email me that Beta BIOS yet?

H20!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i mailed it out but it seems it got stuck in our mail servers... again
    let me try again

Xtreme Member
    Ok, thanks Saaya!

H20!

Vigor Monsoon III LT CPU Cooler on the Blood Rage?

Will the Vigor Monsoon III LT CPU Cooler on the Blood Rage cause any issues, you think? I guess the second problem would be my G.skill Pi Black Ram that's installed. It seems as though the heatspeader would interfere with this cooler especially since the fans can't be raised like on a Thermalright. Saaya said that even with the Thermalright, the fan had to be raised a bit if using the Corsair memory, but I'm not sure how tall his modules are. Seems that cooling solutions are a pain, at the moment, especially when you are looking at having it all in a case and not water cooling.

Product Page:
    http://www.vigorgaming.com/component...ite_intel.html

Additional Photos:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...201366%20Ready

G.Skill Pi Ram:
    http://newgskill.web-bi.net/bbs/data...L8T_PI_B_1.jpg

Xtreme Member
    From the pictures I saw on Newegg, the Monsoon's backplate won't fit because it is an X shape and will be blocked by the 1366 socket plate on the back of the mobo, same problem I had with my Swiftech GTX 775 backplate. You need a backplate that is setup like the one in the picture which is for 1366. As for the RAM and the cooler, it will be a tight fit and the only way to really tell is to give it a try. Hope that helps.

Name:	APOGEE-GTZ-CI7.jpg 
Views:	1960 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	92607  

H20!

From the pictures I saw on Newegg, the Monsoon's backplate won't fit because it is an X shape and will be blocked by the 1366 socket plate on the back of the mobo, same problem I had with my Swiftech GTX 775 backplate. You need a backplate that is setup like the one in the picture which is for 1366. As for the RAM and the cooler, it will be a tight fit and the only way to really tell is to give it a try. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, I thought it'd be a tight fit, but didn't think about the backplate. Will the Thermalright one work fine for the TRUE?

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_pa...er_1366rt.html

Xtreme Member
    Should work fine according to Thermalright as it is a 1366 backplate. Saaya, can you confirm this?

H20!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast