Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am OFFICALLY DONE WITH CORSAIR MEMORY AND THEIR PRODUCTS

Xtreme Member

I am OFFICALLY DONE WITH CORSAIR MEMORY AND THEIR PRODUCTS

I thought they baked their heat spreaders to the mem modules looks like cheap sticky to me
    This is what happened moving the modules from slot 2 and 4 to 1 and 3
    Last edited by runmc; 05-22-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: attempt to fix link

Live Long And Overclock
    Their Vengeance series memory is only one product from a line of products.

Why would you blame all of Corsair for shoddy memory covers?

Though I will be avoiding that memory as well now.

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=perkam;4856046]Their Vengeance series memory is only one product from a line of products.

True but I expected more of them as a company when this happened as easy as me moving modules from slots 2 and 4 to slots 1 and 3

They claim to bake the head spreaders to the mem modules

[quote
    GSkill from here on out

I am Xtreme
    and you think gskill ripjaws x are glued in differently? i have two kits...

maybe you'll make a thread named

Im officially done with gskill....lmao

Brilliant Idiot
    To be rather blunt, I have a set of corsair that the spreaders fell off of......also a set of OCZ and gskill.

I also have sets that i removed spreader.

The way that thermal adhesive is shredded it sure looks like someone was curious what IC's were under the hood.........
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

all outta gum
    The way one chip is pried off it sure doesn't look like moving the stick between slots :P
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Member
    The way that thing looks it is like someone was pissed off and yanked out the memory module without opening the tabs.

Xtreme Mentor
    Umm is that the top memory or the cheaper stuff Corsair sells? Had a friend buy (dunno why) 16 meg of:
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

"As a bonus, the attractive low price of Vengeance memory will also leave lots of room in your system build budget"

Hmm, cheap means cutbacks somewhere..............
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

gskill uses the same kind of double sided sticker to adhere the sticks for the newer stuff and they use non adhesive pads on the old HZ and the heat spreaders come off when u grab them or remove them from the package or look at them cross.

it sucks that that happened but i dont see how u ripped the spreaders off as it takes quite a bit of force to rip and ic off and only one module coming off is normally from trying to remove the spreaders as there is a joint so both sides come off its rather suspect for them to come off

also u could try baking it back on since u have some balls on and some not it should line back up.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, moving sticks without unclipping them maybe. No way you could pull a chip off removing ram properly.
    My pot is bigger than your pot

WHAU!!!!

I just tried to... you know... remove the heatspreader to know the ICs

I am just Super Talent

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.ph...192#post108192

NooB MOD
    You're never buying Corsair again because you destroyed a stick trying to get the heatspreader off?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    To be rather blunt, I have a set of corsair that the spreaders fell off of......also a set of OCZ and gskill.

I also have sets that i removed spreader.

The way that thermal adhesive is shredded it sure looks like someone was curious what IC's were under the hood.........
    Nope I was moving them around and putting pressure on them to seat them in the slots and the heatspreaders separated causing this. There is only some clear sticky stuff holding it all together

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    You're never buying Corsair again because you destroyed a stick trying to get the heatspreader off?
    Wasnt trying to take the spreaders off I wanst interested in knowing what chips they have under there because I didnt want to trash the memory I was seating them in different slots and putting pressure on the top of the spreader to seat them and they separated pulling one chip completely off. Thats prolly why only one chip came off instead of the whole row. I was putting pressure on that side to seat it first them moved to the other side
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 05-22-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Ney View Post
    I just tried to... you know... remove the heatspreader to know the ICs

[IMG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2479/img2502gk.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://www.ocaholic.ch/forum/wcf/images/smilies/thumbsup.png[/IG]

I am just Super Talent [IMG]http://www.ocaholic.ch/forum/wcf/images/smilies/clapping.gif[/IM]

[IMG]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6735/img2504o.jpg[/IM]

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.ph...192#post108192
    I killed a really nice SuperTalent kit doing that too...not doing that again

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nope I was moving them around and putting pressure on them to seat them in the slots and the heatspreaders separated causing this. There is only some clear sticky stuff holding it all together
    Maybe next time you should do the intelligent thing and push on the PCB like you are supposed to.
    Had corsair "baked the heatspreader to the IC's" like you wanted them to chances are you would have pulled even more of the IC's off. ...and then gotten even more mad than you already are.

In your case there is no win situation, had they used something less sticky and you not pulled an IC off you would most likely still be making this thread to talk about how f(l)ucking ty the glue is...had they epoxied them you'd be mad because you would have pulled every single IC off.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 05-22-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    I've always found Corsair very helpful, if you want to send them back I'm sure they'll oblige you; have a word with our bearded friend I'm not even convinced that RAM sinks are as effective as cool air blowing over the sinks.
    That said I'm dying to watercool some ram and get flamed by loads of people telling me you don't need ito cool ram. I have a small server with 24GB of FBdimms and they are too hot too touch by hand after a small amount of time.
    Last edited by RADCOM; 05-23-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: grammar
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Xtreme Addict
    Lol you guys, just stick the darn thing in a freezer or by the window at night, once it's cold use your id card to remove the heatsink.

Never ever use a fat head screw driver... lol.

i am so drunk...
    I hope this post made sense to you guys, I mean really, come on...

Btw corsair ripped me of once, ddr333 cas 2 stuff got cas2 up to 268mhz but no futher on any board, boo corsair lol.
    since then I never bought anymore of there stuff.
    There excuse, rated for the p4 lol, probably.
    I don't care though, then mem clocked good on the nf2,2 cas2.5, 380mhz.
    Lol, I know it's pethetic but I was kinda happy about it at the time befor eI gots nw mem.

Btw, thanks da gods for spelling checking jeesh.

This ram chips look good to eat, but i doubts they'de agree with me in da morning.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 05-22-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I bet you'd really enjoy KVRs.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

I've never had a problem with any of my corsair memory

I am Xtreme
    I can't imagine how pulling a module out or seating it in would cause the chips to fall off... Peeking at the RAM chips looks a lot more likely to me.
    Last edited by zalbard; 05-23-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    For those that cant read Ive stated time and time again I didnt care what chips were under the spreaders. I also stated in the first post I was under the impression Corsair baked their heatspreaders to the chip THUS RENDERING A PEEK IMPOSSIBLE since removing BAKED on heat spreaders will 100% of the times destroy the stick. This happened trying to reseat the sticks and applying pressure at the ends of the stick. Yes it was my fault they came apart I didnt think they would come apart that easy though. Anyways I am over it I will switch to something which performs a little better and take care the next time I stick my hands in my case to do something

Xtreme Addict
    putting pressure on the top of the spreader to seat them and they separated pulling one chip completely off.
    I've had heat spreaders come off several modules from several manufacturers.
    That being said one thing I've learned and I'm passing it on to you guy's:

Do not put pressure on top of the heat spreaders! Instead use the edges of the modules ( i.e. where the PCB protrudes) if possible. If you can't do that then hold the module by both end's between your thumbs & index index fingers while inserting.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme 3D Team
    For those that cant read Ive stated time and time again I didnt care what chips were under the spreaders. I also stated in the first post I was under the impression Corsair baked their heatspreaders to the chip THUS RENDERING A PEEK IMPOSSIBLE since removing BAKED on heat spreaders will 100% of the times destroy the stick. This happened trying to reseat the sticks and applying pressure at the ends of the stick. Yes it was my fault they came apart I didnt think they would come apart that easy though. Anyways I am over it I will switch to something which performs a little better and take care the next time I stick my hands in my case to do something
    Dude...
    Read my post above and also think about how much force you put on the modules. IC's dont just get ripped off the PCB "that easy"
    Smile

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Their Vengeance series memory is only one product from a line of products.

I think you are wrong Perkam.
    Dominators = baked heatspreaders...

Value, XMS, Vengeance, SO-DIMM and everything else is either no heatspreader or sticky thermal crap.

However... I honestly dont get this thread, the baked heatspreaders of dominator rocks, one of the 2 main leaps that Corsair has... Corsairs main leap is their unique PCB quality.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Value, XMS, Vengeance, SO-DIMM and everything else is either no heatspreader or sticky thermal crap.
    No XMS3 DHX were definitely baked.

There's no chance that sticky crap could pull a chip off unless it was UBER sticky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast