Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xtreme Phase Change Insulation Guide

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    I never remove the socket retention hardware. Have fun trying to straighten the pins when you pull the CPU from the socket at an angle due to the CPU being stuck to the evaporator. I did it once one LGA775 I learned my lesson.
    Havn't had that problem , interesting though gomeler . Intel sockets I can't say enough on how delicate they really are ! A very light hs torque is a key factor as well .
    Last edited by pcnazz; 10-18-2010 at 07:19 AM.
    Room Temp H20 | sdumper 2 Stage Cascade ( 4-Sale Mint ! ) | i7 975 ES / R2E rev12 v1504 | PH II X6 1090T BE / CH4 v905 | Dominator 2000GT CL8 6gb | Asus GTX 580 X2 SLI | Corsair HX1000 1210w | WD VR Raid 3+0 ( 450gb )

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcnazz View Post
    Havn't had that problem , interesting though gomeler . Intel sockets I can't say enough on how delicate they really are ! A very light hs torque is a key factor as well .
    You don't damage the socket from the pressure. You damage the socket by bending the pins within the socket when the CPU is awkwardly yanked from the socket by less than precise human hands. AMD can be the same way if you remove an evaporator/ln2 pot at an angle you will bend all the pins on the CPU. Been there, done that, got angry

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    You don't damage the socket from the pressure. You damage the socket by bending the pins within the socket when the CPU is awkwardly yanked from the socket by less than precise human hands. AMD can be the same way if you remove an evaporator/ln2 pot at an angle you will bend all the pins on the CPU. Been there, done that, got angry
    I understand you and what you did when they bent . Extremely delicate sockets Intel has . I fortunately never bent Intel or AMD knock on wood .
    Last edited by pcnazz; 10-22-2010 at 07:39 AM.
    Room Temp H20 | sdumper 2 Stage Cascade ( 4-Sale Mint ! ) | i7 975 ES / R2E rev12 v1504 | PH II X6 1090T BE / CH4 v905 | Dominator 2000GT CL8 6gb | Asus GTX 580 X2 SLI | Corsair HX1000 1210w | WD VR Raid 3+0 ( 450gb )

Xtreme Member
    Very nice write up and tutorial

I have one questions, when applying the art eraser around the cpu socket, do you apply it under the cpu retention lock? or over it and leave a gap under the cpu retention bracket and just art eraser on top?

Cause i was thinking that extra air there cant be good? or it does not matter, im still going to be using di electric grease in the socket, not game in taking a chance.

Cheers for any help and A happy new year to all.
    Maximus Gene-z crazy little board.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanousie View Post
    Very nice write up and tutorial

I have one questions, when applying the art eraser around the cpu socket, do you apply it under the cpu retention lock? or over it and leave a gap under the cpu retention bracket and just art eraser on top?

Cause i was thinking that extra air there cant be good? or it does not matter, im still going to be using di electric grease in the socket, not game in taking a chance.

Cheers for any help and A happy new year to all.
    Yes I put eraser under the retention lock. Try and fill in as much air space as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123