Thread: new DangerDen & swifttech cpu waterblocks.

I am Xtreme

new DangerDen & swifttech cpu waterblocks.

Has anyone seen these blocks? Does anyone own these blocks?

Check the links for pictures.

http://www.dangerden.com/New-Product...cpu-block.html

PRESS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Danger Den® introduces a new CPU Cooling Block – DD-M6 CPU Block™ the highest performing CPU block to date from Danger Den.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Astoria, OR – December 28, 2011, 7:16 PM Pacific Standard Time – Danger Den announced the release for sale the new highest performing CPU waterblock, the DD-M6 CPU Block™ with shipments beginning January 2nd, 2012.

The DD-M6 CPU Block™ replaces the long running MC-TDX block improving upon the performance and reliability. Thermal performance is significantly improved while maintaining a low flow restriction design. Available in solid copper and brass parts that are non-plated or nickel plated. A new and improved mounting system is also part of the DD-M6 CPU block package allowing reliable mounting pressure in an attractive package.

“Danger Den released a CPU block that we are proud of. Improved performance, built like a tank, and almost 100% produced in the US. The Top Plate, Mid Plate, Hold Down Plate, Hold Down parts are all machined in our facility or within 50 miles of Danger Den”, said Jeremy Burnett Danger Den’s President, adding “ The hold down package has been significantly improved for the LGA 2011 socket and previous socket versions. It looks great and makes the mounting process simple for the consumer.”

Developing a solidly constructed CPU block was imperative to the Danger Den product line. It provides the protection and reliability that customers demand. Danger Den does intend to offer a lexan version for the customers that prefer the aesthetics of a clear block.

Stock and availability for the Intel Sockets including the LGA 2011 is January 2nd, 2012. The AMD version is to follow in two weeks.

MSRP & Product Page Links:

DD-M6 CPU Block - Brass:

DD-M6 CPU Block - Nickel:
    The block with the new LGA 2011, 1366, 1155, 1156. 775 sockets
    waterblock gallery for the M6 here

swifttech Apogee HD

http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeHD.aspx

ap.o.gee: The farthest or highest point; the apex; a final climactic stage

The Apogee™ HD is Swiftech's new flagship CPU waterblock. Close to 18 months in the making, it was designed to surpass its predecessor the Apogee™ XT in all critical areas:

Improved thermal performance with emphasis on Intel® and AMD® latest and upcoming processors: the HD is Socket LGA2011 (Intel®) and "Bulldozer" (AMD®) ready.
    Reduced flow restriction compared to the Apogee XT Rev2.
    Innovative features, with the introduction of the multi-port connectivity: two more outlet ports have been added for dramatic flow rate improvements in multiple waterblock configurations and when used with the new MCRx20 Drive Rev3 radiators that now also include two additional inlet ports (3 total); read more about "Flow Parallelization" in the section below including examples and in-depth explanations.
    Improved thermal performance out of the box with the inclusion of high performance PK1 thermal compound
    Cosmetic appeal: the Apogee HD is now available in two colors, Classic black or Fashionable white to match high-end case offerings from NZXT™, Silverstone®, Thermaltake and many others.
    Reduced cost of ownership.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

i just installed an apogee HD today in my rig. so far i'm liking it alot. keeping my 2600k @ 5.0 at mid 20's Celsius idle
    Last edited by rangerone7669; 01-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    2600k @ 5.0, msi z68-gd65, evga gtx 470, 4x2gig Mushkin Redline 1886, 3x74gig raptors in raid0, pa120.3 push/pull, d5, swiftech apogee HD

I am Xtreme
    is that load under linpack or idle?
    Last edited by safan80; 01-10-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Mentor
    Repost on both. I posted the Danger Den about two weeks ago, but it didn't get many hits. I would be interested in how well the DD does in testing.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme 3D Team
    The Apogee HD is a month and a half old I don't know anyone that hasn't heard of them.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    is that load under linpack or idle?
    lol i can see how that is misleading. that could be mid 20's powered off. lowest core is 26c highest is 31c surfing the internets. maxing out at mid 60's after 30 minutes of intel burn test on max
    2600k @ 5.0, msi z68-gd65, evga gtx 470, 4x2gig Mushkin Redline 1886, 3x74gig raptors in raid0, pa120.3 push/pull, d5, swiftech apogee HD

Chasing After Diety
    >.<

I get under 20C idle on my gulftowns with a block dating 2 yrs... :X

idle means nothing... its load values spread (the difference between idle and load) which are important... and even then a lot of factors play into this outside the block itself.
    At best the top tier block vs ones ranked a few below is going to be within a couple of C's.

Get what u honestly think looks nice... if ur going to be that picky about a couple of C's your name is obviously Naekuh.

Anyhow i like the way the ApogeeHD looks... it would look pretty nice in a black motif setup.
    The DD looks like a EK... for a second i thought it was a EK.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 01-10-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    >.<

I get under 20C idle on my gulftowns with a block dating 2 yrs... :X

idle means nothing... its load values spread (the difference between idle and load) which are important... and even then a lot of factors play into this outside the block itself.
    At best the top tier block vs ones ranked a few below is going to be within a couple of C's.

Get what u honestly think looks nice... if ur going to be that picky about a couple of C's your name is obviously Naekuh.

Anyhow i like the way the ApogeeHD looks... it would look pretty nice in a black motif setup.
    honestly, i picked up the apogee HD, because microcenter had it in stock, and i didn't feel like modding my dtek fusion v1 or ordering online. paid $59 for it, and it seems decent enough. it does look nice, though.

since i mounted it the paste seems to have cured some. intel burn test still heats it up. but bf3 and mw3 run low to mid 30's. sandybridge puts out less heat than my old q9550 i think, or the dtek had a poor mount. that one loaded in the 60's with the same pump and rad.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    Did you buy the gold limited edition?

The first time I laid eyes on the LE, I thought oh man, NaeKuh is going to be all over that...