Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DC Vault Projects Thread

Xtreme Cruncher
    I posted on the DC Vault forums about Leiden Classic and it not accepting new registrations, and if that affects it's DC Vault validity.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Do you think that we should maybe have a link to DC Vault in the first page? And maybe get the rest of the links to projects in there too.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    Do you think that we should maybe have a link to DC Vault in the first page? And maybe get the rest of the links to projects in there too.

That sounds like a great idea to me, and maybe including a little blurb about each project espically about which type of CPU the project prefers.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

beefin' it up!
    i think we need a updated project listing, with all vault projects we're currently participating in as well as a list of team captain(s) for given project, with appropriate links to setup guides etc for each project.

Xtreme Cruncher
    TWB, you should just be able to quote this stuff into your first post so that all of the links are there. I added HashClash in too.

HashClash - CPU intensive
    Majestic 12 - Bandwidth intensive
    QMC@Home - CPU intensive
    Rosetta@Home - CPU intensive
    RC5-72 and OGR-25 - CPU intensive
    Red Library - Bandwidth intensive
    Seventeen or Bust - CPU intensive
    Sztaki Desktop Grid - CPU intensive

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I would really like a detailed list of every project we are in and what these projects prefer. For example some projects prefer AMD over Intel while other projects really fly with netburst vs Core. I think it would also be helpful if we could merge all the teams? More communication would definetly help us to distribute our computing power more effectively. Rock on guys and lets keeping taking first place positions.

Ker-Pow !
    Added the main DC Vault link to the first post. I will work on getting a big list setup and the best system for each project.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    Sztaki Desktop Grid - CPU intensive
    My experience with Sztaki is that the Boinc Manager does a good job of schedulling/coordinating the units along with your other Boinc Projects. In my case they seem to run without any hassles at all. I alloted a moderate ammount of resources when compared to Rosetta)

That said: what is aggravating about Sztaki is their freaking quorum and the way they hand out points/credits. They do run out of work as they did during the last day or two and worst, they have a weird way to decide how much work they send you ( I am trying to understand it)

If anyone of you decides to run Sztaki and wants to be the team leader , please contact me so I can transfer the administrative powers to you. Right now Iam the founder of Record and if memory doesnt fail me the only XtremeSystems Member that is running the project.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    I think we have a very small simap team too but i'm not sure if it's taken up seriously. I think it's another cpu intensive one though. Good idea for the sticky though these projects needed their own place.

The Simap team is a small one ( Right now we only have two people with credits: LP and I). Since it is a Boinc Project people with only a rig will see their work units organized to run by the Boinc Manager according to the schedulled date of return. That is why I wont be reporting Wu's for a while, Rosetta and other Boinc Projects have due date before my Simap units.)

Again I found this to be an easy set up and the units I have run have run without a hitch. This is one of the set it and forget it types of projects. It blends that easy in your Boinc Manager.

Space for Rent

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    The Simap team is a small one ( Right now we only have two people with credits: LP and I). Since it is a Boinc Project people with only a rig will see their work units organized to run by the Boinc Manager according to the schedulled date of return. That is why I wont be reporting Wu's for a while, Rosetta and other Boinc Projects have due date before my Simap units.)

Again I found this to be an easy set up and the units I have run have run without a hitch. This is one of the set it and forget it types of projects. It blends that easy in your Boinc Manager.
    Can you add Climate Prediction to the main list.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by heater918
    Can you add Climate Prediction to the main list.
    What main list? It's already on the DC Vault site for XS.

Are you getting any points for CP yet? I have yet to get any new points after almost 24 hours running.
    Survivor

Xtreme Addict
    Remember that not all projects update to the Vault at the same time. Some are almost automatic and some are slow. Someone must be doing a lot at Climate Prediction for we have gained a lot of points there. That person should take a bow.

Space for Rent

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by LP_
    What main list? It's already on the DC Vault site for XS.

Are you getting any points for CP yet? I have yet to get any new points after almost 24 hours running.
    I was refering to the 1st. post, i did not see it there and was not aware we had a team untill you posted your list. I had not looked at the DC Vault list.
    I'm not on the team yet. Where do you get the password to join team?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by heater918
    I was refering to the 1st. post, i did not see it there and was not aware we had a team untill you posted your list. I had not looked at the DC Vault list.
    I'm not on the team yet. Where do you get the password to join team?
    Ok, I was confused.
    The Vault list and website is here.

Password for which project? There is no password for Climate Prediction?
    Survivor

Xtreme Addict
    Now If I could remember my eon pasword , I can get eon ready. Lp it is not the obvious one

Space for Rent

Xtreme Member
    Theres no CPDN password. As for points, the WU's are split up as they are HUGE, so i think you get a certain number of points per 1% of the WU you do... Thats what ive been able to find so far. correct me if im wrong.

RwD

Xtreme Cruncher
    Now If I could remember my eon pasword , I can get eon ready. Lp it is not the obvious one
    If you know the email address you signed up with, you can request your password.

Another tip- recipe file card holder and index cards, makes a good place to keep all your info.
    Survivor

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LP_
    If you know the email address you signed up with, you can request your password.

Another tip- recipe file card holder and index cards, makes a good place to keep all your info.

Yes mother . Iam doing that. I also believe a copy of the account numbers and passwords should be kept with the administration and the moderators. Just incase a situation like mine (an olde phart that loosesforgets his information easily) or worst just in case one is called to the big vault in the sky. ( I am not being morbose , but death happens and not everyone in our families know about our DC and Vault teams . )

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes mother
    Ahhh... that's a sign that my job is being done.
    Survivor

Xtreme Cruncher
    pledge for an update.

just curious to see where we have teams and where i may be able to venture to get XS a fledgling team

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain
    pledge for an update.

just curious to see where we have teams and where i may be able to venture to get XS a fledgling team
    tanpaku: http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/index_E.php would be a good way to spend some cycles. i think it is another protein folding one but XS is only 16th and has a rac of 1000 there and only 78k total. but the top team only has 700K and a 10k rac so it could be a nice project to get and dominate and isn't completely pointless

Xtreme Cruncher
    pledge for an update again James

and to add BeWeS and SpinHenge@Home

Xtreme Recruit
    I put a few points on TSC. There's some dcv points there for the grabbing and they are easy points for a while yet. But those dcv points will help the medical end of it. We are at 14,000 tsc points, should move up to 55,000 TSC points after my addition. If we get up to around 140,000 tsc points, that would raise us up 1,000 dcv points in the medical section from where we started at the 14,000 with 8500.xxx dcv points. Which would help us in the overall dcv rankings.

Xtreme Recruit
    Ahhhh those points were reflected in the new DCV stats. The tsc points moved us up from a Bio/med rank of #12, to #10, resulting in 691.22 more DCV points in Bio/med. It upped our overall dvc score up to 335,779.64 which gives more room between us and Team Norway who is trailing a little behind us in overall points.

There are still some relatively easy points to gather in tsc. Getting up to an overall tsc team score of around 140,000 or so would give us approx 95xx.xx dcv points, without having to really get too serious about it.

The other one that would add some points in the misc. category is moneybee. Though I'm not a fan of that project really, but getting the team dcv score at least up into the 9xxx.xx range would give us more points in the overall without having to get very deep into moneybee.

I guess it really all boils down to whether there's enough people playing the dcv ranking game, or whether people are more concerned about getting team #1 positions. ?????
    Last edited by XS_parts; 08-19-2007 at 08:01 AM.

100% Load 24/7
    Awesome, thanks for that

I am currently focusing on projects were we have less than 8000 points. I think it is easier to move up in those.

On your last comment, you are right on, but that opens up a bigger discussion that usually leads to to no good. So, we all just keep crunching what we like
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast