Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day

Honestly, i thought it was about time i started one of these. Have you ever read something thats made you laugh, and thought 'that's totally quotable'? Well, paste it in here!

Here's mine, just to get the ball rolling...

"To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it, they simply scroll down to the bottom and click 'I Agree'" - Anon

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

-Teddy Roosevelt
    He was already a badass in my book but this quote makes him even more so

X. I. P.
    "42" - Douglas Adams

There does not exist a quote that says more than this.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Attack Dachshund
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. -Mark Twain

Xtreme Addict
    "Will Space Ghost surrender his power bands and save Moltar from Your Mother? Will Adam West come to his aid or will he wimp out? Will every word Batmantis says be followed by that suspenseful sting music? What will happen next? Why is the sky blue? What is the legend of the yeti? Do you know the muffin man? Stay tuned to find out!"

I really want to know the answer to those last two questions now!!!!
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Addict
    "If I dont shoot you now, your never gonna learn." -little_scrapper
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

" All men die and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desires. "

~I forget
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    He was already a badass in my book but this quote makes him even more so
    I see he's read Ovid's Metamorphoses

"It doesn't seem to me that this fantastically marvelous universe, this tremendous range of time and space and different kinds of animals, and all the different planets, and all these atoms with all their motions, and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be a stage so that God can watch human beings struggle for good and evil — which is the view that religion has. The stage is too big for the drama"
    - Richard Feynman

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

Xtreme Addict
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice.
    ~Kingdom of Heaven; King Baldwin IV
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Albert Einstein
    Support the Troops!
    i7 920 at stock
    eVGA x58
    6g G.Skill
    eVGA 285 FTW
    MoZartTX
    Westing([H]aus) 37"W3 (my "buyoftheyear" 2006)
    Vista Ultimate 64

Xtreme Member
    ‎"Man that car is ugly. It is so ugly that, if you don't chain it down at night, it will ugly away from home." - Anon
    Quote Originally Posted by ryba View Post
    I don't carre about PCMark - it's for gays with moustache
    A Stranger's thoughts...

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
    (3char)
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    "Will Space Ghost surrender his power bands and save Moltar from Your Mother? Will Adam West come to his aid or will he wimp out? Will every word Batmantis says be followed by that suspenseful sting music? What will happen next? Why is the sky blue? What is the legend of the yeti? Do you know the muffin man? Stay tuned to find out!"

I really want to know the answer to those last two questions now!!!!
    DO you know the muffin man?

classic ending. LOL

Man I haven't see this much cheating unless it was on the Maury a Povich show. ( by me lol)
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

"In the event of my Demise
    When my heart can beat no more
    I hope I die for a principle
    Or a belief that i had lived 4
    I will die before my time
    Because I feel the shadow's depth
    So much I wanted 2 accomplish
    Before I reached my death
    I have come 2 grips with the possibility
    and wiped the last tear from my eyes
    I loved all who were positive
    In the event of my demise!"

-Tupac
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

Sorry i'm a thread killer for some reason.
    -Masterg

Xtreme Enthusiast
    "In space, no one can hear you scream for ice cream"

-Tuhd, the Internet Troll
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

"What doesn't Kill you makes you Stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFiction View Post
    "What doesn't Kill you makes you Stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Yea! Just ask Christopher Reeve, Stephen Hawking, and anyone else that didnt die.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Yea! Just ask Christopher Reeve, Stephen Hawking, and anyone else that didnt die.
    Mental Is Not Physical. Mr. Nietzsche was a very wise man. How BRAVE of you to challenge his thought.

"If I dont shoot you now, your never gonna learn." -little_scrapper
    ROFL you Quoted yourself? WOW

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    "Why do I need a permit? I have my license already!" -My younger brother in response to being told that he needed a permit to park in his high school's parking lot. Sadly, he was being completely serious.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Addict
    Mental Is Not Physical. Mr. Nietzsche was a very wise man. How BRAVE of you to challenge his thought.
    Your point? Mr. Nietzsche, prior to his death, encouraged a move away from religious doctrine, he felt that moving toward our primitave heritage (only the strong survive) was the better way.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" ~ Mr. Nietzsche
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 10-19-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    ROFL you Quoted yourself? WOW

Hell, I had T-shirts made. they sold very well!

Attack Dachshund
    Your point.
    no comment on the point, but I think LS, you've made a name for yourself recently... so the rep you've made for yourself draws smart ass responses...

just telling it like it is. I'm pretty indifferent personally, and find your commentary in various threads funny at times. but that doesn't mean others do. you make the bed you sleep in. it is what it is.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    no comment on the point, but I think LS, you've made a name for yourself recently... so the rep you've made for yourself draws smart ass responses...

just telling it like it is. I'm pretty indifferent personally, and find your commentary in various threads funny at times. but that doesn't mean others do. you make the bed you sleep in. it is what it is.
    Lately you have been anything BUT indifferent. In fact, I recall a couple post quite to the contrary. You are the pot calling the kettle black. On a few recent threads, you have personally "snipped" in at me simply because of that ONE thread, where you did not like my 'opinion'. Ever since that day you seem to be following my posts with disparraging remarks. not cool. just let it go.

I have no issue with the bed I make.

I made the comment to Liquid. Why did you feel necessary to chime in on it before he had a chance to answer? Why does it seem that ever since my post, that you didnt like, that you continue to challenge me?

Lose the chip on your shoulder. Its not that big of a deal. We simply have different values.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 10-19-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast