Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD9 Pictured

Xtreme Member

GA-X58A-UD9 Pictured

I'm guess it's blue and white

More info

http://www.techpowerup.com/119991/Gi..._Pictured.html
    ATCS 840| Core i7 920 - 4.2Ghz - H20| Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz 6GB| EVGA X58 Classified| GTX480 2-Way SLI| WD 640GB X2 (Raid 0)| Corsair HX1000W

Xtreme Addict
    Can anyone find the original EXPreview link?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Can anyone find the original EXPreview link?
    Here you go. The picture is not supposed to be colored.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    Looks like it should be a great board for folders. If GB price this right, it would be a great alternative to the Classified 4-way and the P6T7.
    Regards,
    Chris

Core i7 920 3931A318 4.4GHz 1.375vcore | EVGA X58 Classified E760 | EVGA GTX470 1280MB | Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 1688MHz | Heatkiller 3.0 CU and Feser xChanger 480 | Seasonic M12 (Soon to be replaced)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Here you go. The picture is not supposed to be colored.
    Thank you very much.
    I am magical.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    10 sata, all pcie, built in NB WCing. Just funny how they kept the floppy
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    Why can't there be at a board in full grey scale, this kicks major ass!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But will it have the legendary 36 phase VRM????? Everyone knows more = better.

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone want to comment on the genius placement (and use) of that IDE connector? ahhahaha
    I am magical.

The board looks nice, but its kinda odd that Gigabyte put the SATA3 ports close to the ATX connector instead of being near the other SATA ports. And yeah, Gigabyte should really get rid of those old obsolete IDE ports, nobody uses them anymore especially on a high end enthusiast board.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Member
    I'm looking at the 2nd molex connector at the bottom, likely for power using 3-4 video cards.
    But if I have a 4th dual slot video card. it will block the that molex connection. Can't they have 45degree ones?
    ATCS 840| Core i7 920 - 4.2Ghz - H20| Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz 6GB| EVGA X58 Classified| GTX480 2-Way SLI| WD 640GB X2 (Raid 0)| Corsair HX1000W

Xtreme Addict
    lol, after seeing their other "24 phase" boards i can't help but imagine that this is not a product of engineering, but rather the spawn of marketing. i wonder if this one has mosfets on the back too....

"everyone else has a board with two 8-pin connectors, we need one too!"

edit: i just noticed the ATI logo silk-screened on the board, so that probably rules out an NF200 to power the extra pci-e slots. i wonder how much bandwith they support and where they're getting it.
    Last edited by 570091D; 04-13-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post
    lol, after seeing their other "24 phase" boards i can't help but imagine that this is not a product of engineering, but rather the spawn of marketing. i wonder if this one has mosfets on the back too....

"everyone else has a board with two 8-pin connectors, we need one too!"

edit: i just noticed the ATI logo silk-screened on the board, so that probably rules out an NF200 to power the extra pci-e slots. i wonder how much bandwith they support and where they're getting it.
    Are you sure about that mate? Please read this article to get a better understand of motherboard power circuitry...it's not all marketing

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/the_overcl...12.cde/page/13

I cant go into features but there is a reason for everything that manufacturers implement on their boards ok including some things you mention

btw guys for more photos check out the thread i created recently......there's a lot of photos on the last few posts

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=248891
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

More info @ Atomicmpc - http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/1...-x58a-ud9.aspx

Including some pics of the board in colour.
    Main Gaming Rig-
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz, EK Supreme HF, EVGA X58 SLI w/ EK Full Cover Block, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX480 SC w/ EK Full Cover Block, Auzentech Forte 7.1, OCZ Vertex 60GB, 2x WD 1TB Black RAID0, Corsair TX-750w

Backup/HTPC Rig-
    i3 530 @ 4.05Ghz, Noctua NH-U12P, Gigabyte P55-UD3, 4GB G.Skill Value 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX285 SC, WD 200GB, Scythe Kamariki 4 650w

Xtreme Addict
    So is there a name for that form factor?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Are you sure about that mate? Please read this article to get a better understand of motherboard power circuitry...it's not all marketing

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/the_overcl...12.cde/page/13

I cant go into features but there is a reason for everything that manufacturers implement on their boards ok including some things you mention

btw guys for more photos check out the thread i created recently......there's a lot of photos on the last few posts

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=248891
    okay, explain this to me: the msi eclipse has 1/4 the number of phases as the gigabyte ud7 but it has an identical efficiency curve. i can't see any reason for the high number of vrm phases, and this isn't the first gigabyte board to impliment this, can you explain? why does this board have 2 molex connectors when the 1156 model has only 1?

i'm not trying to troll, if there is a good reason for these things i would like to know. thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post
    okay, explain this to me: the msi eclipse has 1/4 the number of phases as the gigabyte ud7 but it has an identical efficiency curve. i can't see any reason for the high number of vrm phases, and this isn't the first gigabyte board to impliment this, can you explain? why does this board have 2 molex connectors when the 1156 model has only 1?

i'm not trying to troll, if there is a good reason for these things i would like to know. thanks.
    The MSI X58 Eclipse also has a penchant for burning up.. I agree the UD7 has a silly amount of fets/chokes but you definitely won't warm any of them up much past ambient. Sadly the board has OCP issues, hopefully the UD9 is good to go.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mats View Post
    so is there a name for that form factor?
    e-atx

Xtreme Legend
    if you read the article you will realise that every manufacturer uses their design to tune the power circuitry their own way basically. It's not just about the number of phases but also how it's tuned. GIGABYTE chooses those designs because they think it works best and the review seems to indicate that they made a good decision.

Are you talking about 4pin molex connctors on the board....more power bro when you start smashing the GPUs with LN2 and high volts

GIGABYTE started going overboard with power design because in early X38 stages TEAM.AU were hammering the boards so hard they were giving in under extremely stressful conditions with monster volts...now there is some overcompensation there but it helps with general reliability too

Chris OCP mod should remove the issues. Cookie has posted about it already in Charles' thread
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

this and REIII should be good choices

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    if you read the article you will realise that every manufacturer uses their design to tune the power circuitry their own way basically. It's not just about the number of phases but also how it's tuned. GIGABYTE chooses those designs because they think it works best and the review seems to indicate that they made a good decision.

Are you talking about 4pin molex connctors on the board....more power bro when you start smashing the GPUs with LN2 and high volts

GIGABYTE started going overboard with power design because in early X38 stages TEAM.AU were hammering the boards so hard they were giving in under extremely stressful conditions with monster volts...now there is some overcompensation there but it helps with general reliability too

Chris OCP mod should remove the issues. Cookie has posted about it already in Charles' thread
    i did in fact gather that, i guess my point is that there are other (very good) ways of insuring clean power delivery without crouding the socket and increasing the price of the board. it seems to me like the took the easy "let's just add more" approach rather than design a new pwm circuit for the application (evga classified). also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the gigabyte solutions only have 6 "true" phases because of the pwm controller (in the same way asus only has 4 "true" phases). i understand that spreading the load out over 24 mosfet/cap circuits lowers the load on each component and the temperature of the component, but i can't help but feel that the base of the system remains unchanged.

but then, who am i to argue with world records...

btw, i wasn't refering to the 4-pin, but i did notice that in your pics (with the 4 gfx cards) it goes unused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoyu34 View Post
    e-atx
    No that's the workstation form factor. Same width as ATX but longer.
    This seems to be 9 slots maximum, only 7 used, and Foxconns similar form factor had 10 slots.

Edit: It's XL-ATX. Matching cases have 10 slots to make room for a dual slot card in the last slot.

Xtreme Legend
    when specs get received you will see why it's necessary to have dual 8-pins

you are right about the power circuitry and being high end boards those extras dont really increase the cost much but what they do is spread the load very well and reduce temps at std cooling........it's not a lazy design as i said before. This is a decision made a long time ago from product performance standpoint and it works well....What Gigabyte has done is strengthened the core power and reduce the issues they had during our beta testing many years ago

they did use the molex actually in 4way but not sure if they used both or not....

i benched superpi myself mainly so i didnt really care about that
    Last edited by dinos22; 04-13-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Does this board have 24 power phases or what? Because I can see 15 so far on that picture, or unless there is more power phases underneath that MOSFET cooler
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    Does this board have 24 power phases or what? Because I can see 15 so far on that picture, or unless there is more power phases underneath that MOSFET cooler

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Gallery/...rboard.aspx/25

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast