Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RadeonPro BETA: Automating 3D settings

Xtreme Member

Talking RadeonPro BETA: Automating 3D settings

RadeonPro is a new tool to automate the 3D settings (AA/AF/Vsync/Catalyst AI/etc.) based on game being started, I think it's very annoying dealing with CCC profiles and shortcuts, not to mention that settings won't be restored after the game is ended.

The idea is pretty straightforward: You configure all 3D settings (AA/AF/Catalyst AI/etc.) and save all those settings as a profile for a particular game, when the corresponding game is started the profile is automatically loaded. As soon the games finishes the previous settings are restored.

RadeonPro interface: Skin "Verde"

New Profile Wizard

Windows 7 JumpLists support

If you're an ATi Tray Tools user and already uses the automated profiles you won't need this tool, unless you want to mess with MVPUModes and other advanced tweaks like forcing vsync and triple-buffering in D3D games, remembering that those settings are per game settings.

I'm planning other tweaks and so, I would be glad if you try it and give me some feedback and suggestions on how to make RadeonPro better.

You'll need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime and Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. If you have Catalyst Control Center installed they're already on your system.

Download RadeonPro latest version here

As the title implies, this tool is still in BETA and may have some bugs, please use it at your own risk.

All reported bugs wil be verified and fixed as soon as possible.

Updates:

To see the changelog, please click here
    Last edited by japamd; 10-20-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Updates

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Excellent! Something like this is exactly what we've needed for some time. Shame on ATi dev team that third-party utils are necessary.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

XIP
    Nice going there Japamd

Xtreme Addict
    Nice work Japamd. Looking forwards to help test it ( and use it )

And agreed, shame on ATIs driver team, the inclusion of driver profiles is one of my favorite Nvidia features.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    Great tool! Thanks alot
    | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | Asus GeForce GTX Titan | 500GB Samsung 840 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | AOC G2460P 144Hz

Xtreme Member
    Thank you guys

An user from another forum just reported that an error is being thrown at startup, I forgot to put one file (RadeonPro.exe.config) in the RAR, just did it and you can download the fixed rar here.

You can unrar just "RadeonPro.exe.config" into the folder where you unrar'ed RadeonPro previously.

I forgot to mention that I've used HD 5000 series as my testing platform and don't know if settings are being applied correctly in pre-HD 2000 series (I think HD 2000/3000/4000 are fine).

Please, while reporting errors don't forget to mention what OS is being used and also mention if it's 32 or 64-bit.

Thanks!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love the idea. I have been surprised for quite a period of time that ATI/AMD haven't implemented this in CCC on their own.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4
    AMD FX 8350
    Kingston 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3 1333
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX 680 2GB
    Silverstone 1000W PSU

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Downloaded updated version last night, worked fine for the first five entries I made, but now I'm getting an unhandled exception error every time I try and add a new game.

System is sig-rig - Crossfire 5870s on Win7 Pro x64.

Edit: feature request and another bug:

Allowing you to change the entry names is nice, so you can properly title games and at a glance work out which is which, but there seems to be a bug in the way renaming is handled - your program seems only to be checking the first word of a game title when looking to see if that name has already been used. Thus, "Unreal III", "Unreal Tournament MMIV", "Unreal Tournament" and "Unreal" are all detected as being the same name.

It would also be good if you would set the file-browser to open a new query in the folder you last used - as I install all my games to a separate drive from my OS, it gets very irritating to have to navigate up from C:\Program Files (x86) and then over to E:\Games every time I want to add a new game.
    Last edited by SoulsCollective; 05-20-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Member
    Hi SoulsCollective, thanks for the feeback.

The bug you reporting has been fixed early this morning, but I've found some issues with systems running Vista/W7 with UAC activacted and I'm working now on a service to make the bridge between the program and the registry, it's almost done and I'll upload the new version as soon as possible.

BTW you can rename the entries by clicking on name once or selecting an item and pressing F2.

I'll update the program regarding your suggestion of remembering the last used folder, thanks !

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by japamd View Post
    Hi SoulsCollective, thanks for the feeback.
    Nps, dev access is always to be valued and you've done a great job so far

BTW you can rename the entries by clicking on name once or selecting an item and pressing F2.
    I realise this, the problem is that there seems to be a bug with whatever system you're using to see if a new name is a duplicate of something already in the lsit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Allowing you to change the entry names is nice...but there seems to be a bug in the way renaming is handled - your program seems only to be checking the first word of a game title when looking to see if that name has already been used. Thus, "Unreal III", "Unreal Tournament MMIV", "Unreal Tournament" and "Unreal" are all detected as being the same name.
    Doing further testing, it seems the problem is more complicated - I can, for example, create "Half-Life" and "Half-Life II", but not "Mass Effect" and "Mass Effect II" or "Unreal" and "Unreal Tournament MMIV".
    Rig specs

Xtreme Member
    pic
    Wow! Jazz Jackrabbit 2!

The first game was very kickass

/OFFTOPIC

Great work, japamd!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Jazz Jackrabbit the original runs through DOSBox
    Rig specs

Does the Force Triple Buffering works in DX11 games? Like Dirt 2.
    The jump from 60fps to 30fps makes it unplayable and without vsync it tears like a mofo.

Unhappy

Just tested it. Does not work with DirectX11 games at all.
    Did nothing for Dirt2, only plays the "tada" sound when you start the game. Force Vsync did not work, Tripple buffering did not work, show FPS did not work.

The only tool that actually does work with DirectX11. Worked for me in Dirt2 to enable Triple buffering is ToMMTi-Systems SSAA-Tool v1.0. But there is some bug with it right now, when Triple Buffering enabled, after a couple of minutes there are artifacts of screen and the whole system freezes. Looks a lot like it's burning the hell out of the video card memory.

So no real solution for DirectX11 and Triple Buffering until now.

What a sexy tool. Can you give it a prettier GUI please? Something black would be awesome

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    Nps, dev access is always to be valued and you've done a great job so far

I realise this, the problem is that there seems to be a bug with whatever system you're using to see if a new name is a duplicate of something already in the lsit:
    Doing further testing, it seems the problem is more complicated - I can, for example, create "Half-Life" and "Half-Life II", but not "Mass Effect" and "Mass Effect II" or "Unreal" and "Unreal Tournament MMIV".
    There was some things missing, they're fixed in latest version that I'll upload soon.

Quote Originally Posted by donitsi View Post
    Wow! Jazz Jackrabbit 2!

The first game was very kickass

/OFFTOPIC

Great work, japamd!
    Yeah, I miss those side scroll games, nowdays are everything 3D...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FDisk80 View Post
    Does the Force Triple Buffering works in DX11 games? Like Dirt 2.
    The jump from 60fps to 30fps makes it unplayable and without vsync it tears like a mofo.
    It's supposed to support, please try again later with the latest version I'll upload today.

Edit: Dirt 2 with latest patch already supports triple-buffering out of the box AFAIK.

Just tested it. Does not work with DirectX11 games at all.
    Did nothing for Dirt2, only plays the "tada" sound when you start the game. Force Vsync did not work, Tripple buffering did not work, show FPS did not work.

The only tool that actually does work with DirectX11. Worked for me in Dirt2 to enable Triple buffering is ToMMTi-Systems SSAA-Tool v1.0. But there is some bug with it right now, when Triple Buffering enabled, after a couple of minutes there are artifacts of screen and the whole system freezes. Looks a lot like it's burning the hell out of the video card memory.

So no real solution for DirectX11 and Triple Buffering until now.
    I did test forced vsync in Battlefield 2 Bad Company and it's working fine, triple-buffering didn't worked at all, the game crashed, but I don't know if all DX11 will crash with forced triple-buffering. Please try again later with the latest version I'll upload today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    What a sexy tool. Can you give it a prettier GUI please? Something black would be awesome
    Well, let's make it work first, shall we?
    Last edited by japamd; 05-21-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Thumbs up

Yeah, I miss those side scroll games, nowdays are everything 3D...
    Dude try "RocketKnight" & "Max and the Magic Marker"
    I loved those, reminds me of old times.

Edit: Dirt 2 with latest patch already supports triple-buffering out of the box AFAIK.
    :-| I actually didn't think of that. Trying it now!

I did test forced vsync in Battlefield 2 Bad Company and it's working fine, triple-buffering didn't worked at all, the game crashed, but I don't know if all DX11 will crash with forced triple-buffering. Please try again later with the latest version I'll upload today.
    Awesome, cant wait to try it.

One more thing before you release a new version.
    I'm gaming on my 42" so I always have the text larger at 125% and this is how it looks.
    All the sliders on the right side are cut.

Xtreme Member
    Dude try "RocketKnight" & "Max and the Magic Marker"
    I loved those, reminds me of old times.

:-| I actually didn't think of that. Trying it now!

Awesome, cant wait to try it.
    I'll try those games, thanks for the tip

The new version is online, grab it here: http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

One more thing before you release a new version.
    I'm gaming on my 42" so I always have the text larger at 125% and this is how it looks.
    All the sliders on the right side are cut.

[MG]http://imgur.com/cq9jB.jpg[/IMG]
    Wow, too bad I didn't saw your post before, the new version is already online but I'll take a look onto that issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting it

Xtreme Member
    Screenshot took with forced vsync, DX11

The new version is online, grab it here: http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_RC1.exe
    )
    Thanks, btw Dirt2 Patch v1.1, AWESOME. They did enable Triple buffering by default. Plays soooo smooth now
    I tested the new version with Metro 2033, looks like the VSync did work, the tearing is gone. But I'm not sure about triple buffering and the fps counter is a no show.

Xtreme Member
    FDisk80, you're welcome

If fps is not showing up then forced vsync isn't working too, they are using the same module created by Ray Adams, developer of ATi Tray Tools.

BTW, I have just uploaded a new build, it fixes a few things
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

(Please uninstall current version before installing the new build)

* CrossfireX AA levels (MSAA 16x) not being shown anymore when multi-gpu is not present
    * Texture Lod adjustment (thanks Konrad321)
    * Window not being minimized on startup (when configured in settings)
    * Using ControlSetXXX instead of CurrentControlSet (thanks upurz2)

Known issues

* FPS/Forced DX Vsync and Triple-buffering don't work on some systems
    * Hi-Quality AF setting present but with no effect yet

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Can we get some explanation of what "High quality" settings do for AA/AF? Also "optimised" settings?

Just downloaded the latest version, looking good.

Bug: when saving settings, I get a "Can't save settings" error every time I click Save - although the new settings seem saved successfully.

Feature request: option to disable the "TADA" noise whenever you start a game.
    Rig specs

Xtreme Member
    Can we get some explanation of what "High quality" settings do for AA/AF? Also "optimised" settings?

Just downloaded the latest version, looking good.

Bug: when saving settings, I get a "Can't save settings" error every time I click Save - although the new settings seem saved successfully.

Feature request: option to disable the "TADA" noise whenever you start a game.
    Where are you seeing Optimized and High Quality for AA/AF ?

High-Quality AF is for pre-HD 2000 series, starting at HD 2000 there's no more HQ AF need, it's HQ already.

Fixed the bug while saving settings and added an option to play sound while loading/restoring profiles.

Thanks!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Where are you seeing Optimized and High Quality for AA/AF ?
    Optimised checkboxes may be found under the Advanced tab - trilinear and anisotropic.
    High-Quality AF is for pre-HD 2000 series, starting at HD 2000 there's no more HQ AF need, it's HQ already.
    Ah, I see - thanks
    Rig specs

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast