Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BlackOPS (Retail version)

Nice Hardware!!!

Foxconn BlackOPS (Retail version)

FOXCONN officially launched the eagerly awaited BLACKOPS motherboard in 18th of April. Based on the Intel® X48 chipset and including unique features for extreme overclockers and enthusiasts, BLACKOPS is the second motherboard in the Quantum Force series.

“We are proud to be bringing to market aproduct of this quality – not only have we incorporated unique features neverseen before on a motherboard, but we have created a platform which is highly tunable and will certainly continue to set performance records, as we have seenin various trials over the past months” Greta Kuo, QF Product Manager, stated.

First demonstrated to media at the CES Showin Las Vegas, back in January, tried and tested by numerous overclocking teamsand enthusiasts, and demonstrated once again at last month’s CeBIT exhibitionin Germany, BLACKOPS will soon be available for enthusiasts all over the world.

Unique features for enthusiasts

BLACKOPS brings several firsts to market,and heralds major improvements in critical areas of motherboard design, including BIOS, power delivery and cooling – the revered trinity of overclocking.

The new Quantum BIOS is a quantum leap over the previous generation Gladiator BIOS found on the MARS motherboard. The new BIOS menus are intuitive and user friendly, organized ingroups of inter-related settings. Not only are there many more voltage options,but they are arranged into groups relating to the different areas that they affect … CPU, Memory, FSB, etc. Notable additions to the tweaking options are CPU PPL and GTL for quad-core overclocking – expected to be widely-used byoverclockers pushing their Core™2 Extreme and Core™2 Quad processors.

In the cooling stakes, the 4in1 Quantum Cooler is an all-copper NB-SB-VRMheatpipe solution with a difference; thanks to bundled accessories, the NorthBridge (NB) section of the cooler can be quickly adapted for passive or activeair cooling, water cooling or even extreme LN2 or dry ice cooling! According to Peter Tan, Quantum ForceTechnical Consultant, the 4in1 Quantum Cooler “is the most adaptable andeffective cooling solution ever integrated onto a motherboard”.

New power regulation offers better stability and higher output capability

The 8 phase Digital PWM provides more robust power delivery, standing up to the demands of enthusiastsand overclockers. Quantum Force engineers have spent 3 months finely-tuning and optimizing this digital system so that itoperates with better power efficiency, has a faster and more stable response tochanges in power consumption, and delivers higher current output capability tosupport extreme overclocking.

“There is no doubt that the 8-phase Digital PWM found on BLACKOPS can sustain the massive demands which will be placed onit by enthusiasts and extreme overclockers... it can even do this whilstgenerating less heat switching between different voltage requirements withgreater speed and reliability” asserts Peter Tan.

Audio circuits separated for improved audio fidelity

The new SONAR daughter Card provides professional quality audio forgames, movies and other multi-media content. Separating audio circuitry fromthe motherboard improves signal quality and eliminates interference from power regulation components. The integrated Realtek ALC885 provides 8 channels of High Definition Audio (HDA) with an impressive 106dB SNR(Signal to Noise Ratio).

Unique accessories for enthusiasts

BLACKOPS includes a range of accessories designed toprovide additional convenience and performance enhancements for overclockers.In addition to the 4in1 Quantum Cooler accessories (which include a NB fan,extension tower for LN2 cooling and water cooling block), BLACKOPS owners willalso receive variable resistors for volt-modding,the Quantum Lap motherboard tray forconvenient workbench access to all parts of the motherboard, and the Quantum Flow kit – which improves airflowaround installed VGA cards. The Quantum Flow fan can be installed in ahorizontal or vertical position, and lowers temperatures around multi-VGA rigs by around 5ºC.

Safety and convenience for overclocking

Onboard CMOS reset and power on/offbuttons, a 2-digit LED debug display and the OC Recover feature all combine tospeed up recovery time from unsuccessful overclocking attempts, whilst the new Twin BIOS feature safeguards against BIOS corruption and enables hot-swapping of BIOS chips.

Meanwhile, the BoostSwitch header, conveniently located on the motherboard near the CPU socket, enables hardware selection of CPU clock speed without entering the BIOS.

Pricing & Availability

The BLACKOPS motherboard will be available in retail channels this month, priced around US$400.
    For further information about Quantum Forceand the BLACKOPS motherboard, go to http://www.quantum-force.net

Product page: http://www.quantum-force.net/Products/P000000002/

*This text is directly from quantum.force.net*

Accessory

You will get:
    -Benchtable
    -120mm Fan with Blue leds
    -Soundcard
    -Quick install quide, Driver cd, Manual,
    -6 S-ATA cables + power adapters, backplate, Raid disk, zipties, floppy and ATA cables
    -USB + Firewire expansion card.

You will also get:
    -Dry ice tube, for the NB.
    -Waterblock fittings
    -2x variable resistors just for the fun
    -Quantum Force sticker and 6x water tattoos
    -Dog tags (identifiers)

I like those dog tags a lot (identifiers)

Next post will be full of pictures about the motherboard itself.
    You are as good as your samples are!

Nice Hardware!!!

BlackOPS

Here is the pictures of this motherboard.

You can see the internals of that waterblock too.

Next I will upload some bios pictures
    Last edited by SF3D; 05-09-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Nice Hardware!!!

Bios

Here is some pictures from bios.

I will show you the main page, HW monitor page and the most important Quantum BIOS page.

You will also see how OC Gear is working.

*Sorry about the quality*

Last edited by SF3D; 05-09-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Holy crap this is awesome.

Where can I buy this board? I have been wanting one since I heard about it back in March, and although it was released back in April, I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Anyways, bookmarking this thread for future updates... looking forward to them!
    CPU: Intel QX9650 Engineering Sample
    GFX: Palit 4870 @ 790/ 1100
    RAM: 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC1600
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R
    HDD: 2x Western Digital 500GB
    PSU: ABS 700 Watt
    Screen: Samsung 22" Widescreen
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2

All cooled by Danger Den!

Xtreme Member
    Cant wait for this to hit US retailers. Been following this board since shown way back in Jan and been checking just about everyday since the April 18 release for it on etailers sites. I know its here soon but damn come on. COME OUT . Already downloaded the manual for it and everything.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks like that cool-looking panel isn't in the mix. Nonetheless, I have a funny feeling my mastercard account will be taking a $400US hit sometime soon.

Edit: any chance of running DDR2 on this thing?

Edit: looks like no http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...nn_black_ops/1
    Last edited by TedShred; 05-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so. Douglas Adams
    QX9650 @ 3825mhz CoolIT FZone
    2x HD3870X2 @ 845/946mhz air
    Asus Maximus Formula 0907
    2x2048mb OCZ Reaper 8500
    2x Raptor 150G Raid0; 'Cuda 1000G
    1200W Thermaltake
    xFi Extreme Gamer/ Z-5500
    Vista Ult. 64
    Cosmos 1000
    30" NEC

oh nice, i want one.

Xtreme Legend
    wow pretty sweet
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    I want one - now if I can find one in stock... (drooling on keyboard)

Xtreme Member
    Thats a niiiiice mobo.... me wanna....

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dexaroni View Post
    Holy crap this is awesome.

Where can I buy this board? I have been wanting one since I heard about it back in March, and although it was released back in April, I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Anyways, bookmarking this thread for future updates... looking forward to them!
    These should be available soon worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Crazystang01 View Post
    Cant wait for this to hit US retailers. Been following this board since shown way back in Jan and been checking just about everyday since the April 18 release for it on etailers sites. I know its here soon but damn come on. COME OUT . Already downloaded the manual for it and everything.
    Just wait a bit more. You wont be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by TedShred View Post
    Looks like that cool-looking panel isn't in the mix. Nonetheless, I have a funny feeling my mastercard account will be taking a $400US hit sometime soon.

Edit: any chance of running DDR2 on this thing?

Edit: looks like no http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...nn_black_ops/1
    Yes. This board is DDR3 only.

Quote Originally Posted by jinst4 View Post
    oh nice, i want one.
    Who wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    wow pretty sweet
    Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoat Eater View Post
    I want one - now if I can find one in stock... (drooling on keyboard)
    Waiting is boring, but be patient

Quote Originally Posted by DFectuoso View Post
    Thats a niiiiice mobo.... me wanna....
    Same goes with this...

I do hope, that this motheboard will soon hit the retailers worldwide. There must be huge amount of overclockers/users waiting this mobo

More pictures coming later today

Xtreme Member
    wow! get variable resistors! this is screaming overclocking
    24/7 Setup: Asus maximus x38 / E8500 E0 (500x8) Dtek Fuzion / Ballistix old rev 4-4-4-4 @ 1000MHz / 2900XT Ek fullcover cf / Silverstone TJ-07

Bench: Commando / Tpower i45 / P5K / E8500 E0 @ http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=433935 / modded mach2 r507 / Old rev ballistix /

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

I want another one.....
    No kiding but some of the guys who will buy this mobo, will start to "accuse" it because they will find it a bit "difficult" compared to what they are used to up to now...Be patttient and "understand" how it works......Some of us will upload guides for you for start, not to be confused and start "smoothly"....
    I'm telling you this:
    "When you "understand" and know how to work with it, there is NO TURNING BACK to anything other"......

EDIT: At this point I HAVE to congrat Shamino aka Peter for his great work and effort ON this mobo and ALSO the bios engineers of it who were pussed hard by us providing EVEN THREE bioses a day.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 05-08-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I'm telling you this:
    "When you "understand" and know how to work with it, there is NO TURNING BACK to anything other"...... [/B]
    didn't think i'd see the day when hipro turns his back on Asus
    these boards must be damn good

i know what you mean when you say be patient and learn the board....i feel like that about 790i boards....they are crazy good but they do have some usual quirks which upset a lot of wannabe OCers who don't like it when they get a curve ball
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    didn't think i'd see the day when hipro turns his back on Asus
    these boards must be damn good

i know what you mean when you say be patient and learn the board....i feel like that about 790i boards....they are crazy good but they do have some usual quirks which upset a lot of wannabe OCers who don't like it when they get a curve ball
    I'm not turning my back on anyone....
    I just LOVE this board.....It just remainds my of the good old days of ABIT IC7.....
    PLUS (and to be honnest with this), I have ~100 - 150MHz better overclockability AND stabillity at max frequency under LN2 than any other mobo(not calling names)......
    So, what whould you "prefair" when competition "hits" you?....5800MHz 3Ds OR 6000MHz 3Ds?....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    heheh i know what you meant
    i worded my post poorly

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Wuf
    There is more bundle than u can carry

Great review SF3D
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    EDIT: At this point I HAVE to congrat Shamino aka Peter for his great work and effort ON this mobo and ALSO the bios engineers of it who were pussed hard by us providing EVEN THREE bioses a day.....
    I remenber that

1st mail :
    Hey guys news bois attached
    2nd mail :
    Hey guys, another new bios with better memory timign attached
    3rd mail :
    New bios fixing issues attached
    answers :

Oh yeah it's work better with this bios...
    Which versionare you speaking about ?

Congratz again Shamino !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Member
    That is a nice board
    MotherBoard: GigaByte G33M DS2R
    Memory: 2x1 Gb HyperX DDR2-9600, 1200 Mhz
    Cpu: Intel e2160 @ 3,6 Ghz on Air
    Vga: XFX 4870 XXX
    Cooling: Ninja Mini, 2x Ximatek 120mm, 1x Zalman 80mm , Stock Gpu
    Case: Antec Fusion Remote

awesome bundle! you even get an benchtable with it! cheap one though, but still This might be my next mobo
    e6400 @ 3.8Ghz 1.4720v - Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    P5B Deluxe
    Dominator 2GB pc8500
    7900GTO

Barracuda 7200.10 320gb
    Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF

Its all thanks to the scholars feedback, registers to open up in memory settings from Before, bugs catching from everyone, so much better than the testing team here

Nice Hardware!!!

I want another one.....
    No kiding but some of the guys who will buy this mobo, will start to "accuse" it because they will find it a bit "difficult" compared to what they are used to up to now...Be patttient and "understand" how it works......Some of us will upload guides for you for start, not to be confused and start "smoothly"....
    I'm telling you this:
    "When you "understand" and know how to work with it, there is NO TURNING BACK to anything other"......

This is so true Some users will have problems with this board, but when you just try different combination, you start to understand how impressive motherboard this is.

I have played 6 months with this mobo and I think, that now I know it well enough

Quote Originally Posted by begrip View Post
    wow! get variable resistors! this is screaming overclocking
    This is nice move by Foxconn

Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    There is more bundle than u can carry

Great review SF3D
    Thanks! I hope, that we get these boards to Finland too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    I remenber that

1st mail :
    2nd mail :
    3rd mail :
    answers :
    Which versionare you speaking about ?

Congratz again Shamino !
    Bios support have been relly great. Too bad my mobo didn't work with newer bios than early 7.bin

I can see the difference now, when using this retail version and 3 months younger bios

Quote Originally Posted by fng77 View Post
    That is a nice board
    Thanks to Shamino and Foxconn!

Quote Originally Posted by typekill View Post
    awesome bundle! you even get an benchtable with it! cheap one though, but still This might be my next mobo
    This benchtable is better than nothing. I like it.

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    Its all thanks to the scholars feedback, registers to open up in memory settings from Before, bugs catching from everyone, so much better than the testing team here
    I hope your test team there won't read this

You can see the pictures now? I'm at work now, so those pics of motherboard and bios is coming later today.

This have been really exciting project. I have got new friends and best part is these great mobos you have sended to me.

One millionth time I have to say - Thank you Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    You can see the pictures now?
    yes, i guess some links are blocked from my server here...

very sexy indeed....

I wish this motherboard was avilable in Korea...I had my friend in Japan check too, only available via private import is what he was told....

I will have to wait longer it seems...

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast