Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: andriod tweaking guides

Xtreme X.I.P.

andriod tweaking guides

Are there any good guides you guys recommend?
    Just got a desire hd and boy, I dindnt know mobile web is still this buggy...
    I'm on dolphin hd now which seems way better than anything else out there but wow its buggy ...

Xtreme Member
    I personally find opera mini to be the best browser for android devices.
    Last edited by m_jones_; 01-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Fanboy of Good Products
    what's buggy about Dolphin HD? i have to admit i don't find that to be my experience at all.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Addict
    XDA Developers

this is where i've gotten all of my android info and ROM's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Are there any good guides you guys recommend?
    Just got a desire hd and boy, I dindnt know mobile web is still this buggy...
    I'm on dolphin hd now which seems way better than anything else out there but wow its buggy ...
    Mobile web? Do you mean the built in Android web browser? Because I've found the Android browser to handle pretty much whatever I get it to render.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_jones_ View Post
    I personally find opera mini to be the best browser for android devices.
    k, I'll give it a try
    Does it support gestures like dolphin?

Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    what's buggy about Dolphin HD? i have to admit i don't find that to be my experience at all.
    normal pages (non mobile) don't render properly and buttons don't work etc... YouTube, yahoo, hotmail, forums etc actually pretty much every site I tried has something wrong with it...

Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post
    XDA Developers

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post
    Mobile web? Do you mean the built in Android web browser? Because I've found the Android browser to handle pretty much whatever I get it to render.
    lol... can you give me some examples? Flash doesn't work on many sites , banners tend to not work, pages render wrong, I always get redirected to mobile pages...

Fanboy of Good Products
    Try running dolphin HD as a desktop browser. I think that will fix all your problems.

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Member
    Never had any of the problems you describe, with either stock android browser, Opera Mini, or Opera Mobile. My only gripe with Opera, is that it doesn't resume the pages I was last at after a close, even if I just switch to another program then back.
    Stock browser is fairly decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Try running dolphin HD as a desktop browser. I think that will fix all your problems.
    I'm.doing that already...

Can't believe you guys don't notice all the bugs ???
    Animated gifs run at hyperspeed
    Rotating to landscape and back results in the page having scrolled up or down
    Going back kicks me to the top of the page when it finished loading
    Mouseover buttons don't work on any site I've.been to
    Many text fields are.not recognized as such and I can't bring up the keyboard to type in anything
    Many buttons don't work
    Swipe scrolling doesn't work on some images, any video or animated content like flash, I have to swipe next to it or above or below it
    Opening in a new tab actually loads in the same tab
    Clicking on a text field causes weird reside bugs,.sometimes a page resides but then kicks me out of the text.field and I have to tab it again
    tapping on a text field with text in it always kicks you to the top, even if you tapped.on a word at the bottom.where you.want to insert text...
    And there is so much more...

And like I said with the default.browser it. Was worse than dolphin lol
    Last edited by saaya; 02-03-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Fanboy of Good Products
    I'm.doing that already...

Can't believe you guys don't notice all the bugs ???
    Animated gifs run at hyperspeed
    Rotating to landscape and back results in the page having scrolled up or down
    Going back kicks me to the top of the page when it finished loading
    Mouseover buttons don't work on any site I've.been to
    Many text fields are.not recognized as such and I can't bring up the keyboard to type in anything
    Many buttons don't work
    Swipe scrolling doesn't work on some images, any video or animated content like flash, I have to swipe next to it or above or below it
    Opening in a new tab actually loads in the same tab
    Clicking on a text field causes weird reside bugs,.sometimes a page resides but then kicks me out of the text.field and I have to tab it again
    tapping on a text field with text in it always kicks you to the top, even if you tapped.on a word at the bottom.where you.want to insert text...
    And there is so much more...

And like I said with the default.browser it. Was worse than dolphin lol
    oh.. those. i guess i didn't count them as bugs since every browser does it. i chalked it up to being a mobile platform. none of them bug me enough to ruin my browsing experience though

T400 for non-crunching

Egyptian OverClocker
    Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post
    XDA Developers

i started enjoying the Desire after making some visits to this awesome forum

spend sometime there, choose a good ROM and i am sure you will be very pleased
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Thx ill check it out...
    Is it normal that I have to reboot every few days or the phone becomes slow and I get performance shutters?

Fanboy of Good Products
    Is it normal that I have to reboot every few days or the phone becomes slow and I get performance shutters?
    Yes. Sometimes I feel like Android is overrated.

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme Mentor
    Thx ill check it out...
    No this is not normal in my opinion. The only time I really reboot is when I need to get into recovery to flash a new ROM. Are you running a stock release of android?

Xtreme Mentor
    yes and a smile? Oh no wonder, you own a mac book...
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Addict
    One stop shopping...ish.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/

Thx ill check it out...
    No, not normal. I keep my phone on for three weeks at a time. Please ignore Mac fanboy.
    P8P67Deluxe
    2500K @ 5046 MHZ
    8 GB Ripjaws
    MSI 660 TI PE

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposibleteen View Post
    No this is not normal in my opinion. The only time I really reboot is when I need to get into recovery to flash a new ROM. Are you running a stock release of android?
    Yes stock original Droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    yes and a smile? Oh no wonder, you own a mac book...
    Quote Originally Posted by ovard View Post
    No, not normal. I keep my phone on for three weeks at a time. Please ignore Mac fanboy.
    What the hell does owning a MacBook have to do with needing to reboot my phone every few days?!?
    I'm not the only person I know that has to do that. Both my buddies with droids have to, obviously saaya has to.. I guess we all must own Macs and that's our punishment huh?
    Try acting like adults please.

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme Member
    Only time I reboot my Galaxy S is when I flash a new theme, rom, kernel or the battery runs out. I've gone weeks without rebooting and haven't had any funny issues.

Xtreme Mentor
    Yes stock original Droid.

What the hell does owning a MacBook have to do with needing to reboot my phone every few days?!?
    I'm not the only person I know that has to do that. Both my buddies with droids have to, obviously saaya has to.. I guess we all must own Macs and that's our punishment huh?
    Try acting like adults please.
    Root, Rom, and Kernel that beast. See if that helps any (it should). There are plenty of good Roms out there now for the original Droid.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Root, Rom, and Kernel that beast. See if that helps any (it should). There are plenty of good Roms out there now for the original Droid.
    Honestly I'd love to but I just can't seem to find the time and energy to sift through the tons of info out there in order to learn how to do it, how to root, which rom to pick, etc. I know it's a terrible excuse but 95% of the time I'm very happy with my phone. Sure would be cool to have an overclocked droid though!

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'm on froyo
    Haven't had this prob of constant sluggishness again so I hope its some glitch and only happens sometime
    I'm using advanced task killer now maybe that helped...
    I did kill all background apps before as well using the apps console of Android...
    I still get occasional lags of 1-3seconds and stutter but mostly in games like tank hero and angry birds
    I'm suspecting it has to do with a poor ad implementation as setting my phone to flight mode results in barely any hickups... pretty annoying that there is no way to get rid of the ads ... I'd be willing to pay for it but there isn't even an option? Meh
    Love my desire hd though
    Teethering leaves my 7.2 3g modem in the dust
    There's a delay when loading pages but then the entire page is done within the blink of an eye
    Last edited by saaya; 02-06-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Well I woke up this morning to no icons on any of the home screens and no icons in the app folder. Time for a... REBOOT!

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme Member
    my htc hero running stock android 2.1, is absolutely horrible to use... sluggish as hell, lags, loses connection and a host of other issues... it has completely put me off of android...

not to mention that the facebook integration completely screwed my contact list...

all i can say regarding android is NEVER AGAIN!!

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldon View Post
    my htc hero running stock android 2.1, is absolutely horrible to use... sluggish as hell, lags, loses connection and a host of other issues... it has completely put me off of android...

not to mention that the facebook integration completely screwed my contact list...

all i can say regarding android is NEVER AGAIN!!
    haha you must be a mac fanboy then *sarcasm*

T400 for non-crunching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast